Falchioner

ChampionZero

Falchioner is a series consisting of one monster: The Falchioner, and his equip spells: The Falchioner Birds. Each one grants a unique ability to the Falchioner, usually at the cost of a few ATK points until the End Phase, and he can save himself from removal by casting off his birdies. The incredibly OP Falchioner's Cry pulls this series together, allowing you to equip a Falchioner Bird from the deck or Grave to your Falchioner.

I came up with this, so I'm amped. Alright, let's go!

[spoiler=Monster]
The Falchioner
Level 4
WIND
Spellcaster/Effect
Cannot be equipped by an Equip Spell Card, except by "Falchioner Bird" Equip Spell Card. While this card is equipped with a "Falchioner Bird" Equip Spell Card, if it would leave the field because of a card effect, you can send one "Falchioner Bird" equipped to this card to the graveyard instead. You can only control one "The Falchioner."
ATK: 2000
DEF: 0

[spoiler=Spells]

Falchioner's Cry
Normal Spell
Target one "Falchioner Bird" Equip Spell, from your Deck or Graveyard: Equip it to a "The Falchioner" you control. During your Standby Phase, if you control a "The Falchioner," while this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card from your graveyard: Add one "Falchioner" card from your Deck to your hand. If you have three copies of "Falchioner's Cry" banished during your Standby Phase, you can shuffle them into your Deck, then draw a card. You can only activate each effect of "Falchioner's Cry" once per turn.

Falchioner Bird - Xiphowl
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." Once per turn, you can reduce the ATK of the equipped monster by 400 until the End Phase: The equipped monster can attack directly until the end of the Battle Phase. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Falchioner Bird - Hawkhopesh
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." Once per turn, you can reduce the ATK of the equipped monster by 400 until the End Phase: the equipped monster deals Piercing Battle Damage this turn. If the equipped monster inflicts battle damage: Destroy one Set card on the field.

Falchioner Bird - Carakatzbalger
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can reduce the ATK of the equipped monster by 400 until the End Phase: Your opponent cannot Special Summon from their Extra Deck until the End Phase. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Falchioner Bird - Exekitioner
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." When the equipped monster battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or card effects. Monsters that battled the equipped monster are destroyed during the End Step. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Falchioner Bird - Sabuzzard
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." The equipped monster can attack an additional time this Battle Phase. You can only control one face-up "Falchioner Bird - Sabuzzard". You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Falchioner Bird - Zweharrier
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Falchioner Bird - Macuaeagle*
Equip Spell
Equip only to "The Falchioner." Other "Falchioner" cards you control are unaffected by card effects. You can discard this card to add one "The Falchioner" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

*I imagine this one is huge, and he rides it.

• CnC please!
  • Can you guess the sword-bird hybrids?
  • Suggest sword-bird hybrids to add!

Guest BGMCANN0N

While I love the idea and the wordplay that went into this immensely... The main problem I see right now is the Deck/ archetype bricks easily if you don't get "The Falchioner" right away. I say make a few monsters that are treated as the "The Falchioner" while they are on the field, and maybe even a search card for "The Falchioner".

I would suggest the Equip Spells to add the monster The Falchioner to add consistency. Also, change The Falchioner's first effect from that to, "Cannot be equipped by an Equip Spell Card, except by "Falchioner Bird" Equip Spell Card." The rest is fine but make the numbers into their actual numeral form and capitalize G in Graveyard. I think Falchioner's Cry has the hardest OPT clause on it and would rather have it has "You can only use each effect of "insert card name here" once per turn instead of your HOPT."

Time for some of the Equip Spells woohoo!

Xiphowl reduces by a puny amount for a small time for a direct attack. I suppose comboing this with some non-Equip Spells that increase ATK can prove this to be deadly but I don't know if you're gonna play those cards at all. This card is weak since that's all it does. Perhaps add some consistency through the Equip Spells?

Hawkopesh is weak too because Hawk is only makes The Falcioner a piercer. Same suggestion or perhaps make it do something else like getting rid of backrow or a card of some sort.

Carakatzbalger is a super strong floodgate for such a small cost or rather if there is any. Yes this is affected by removal but that fact that this has a Lingering Effect, which I finally noticed like most of the others, the effects stays for the time it is activated. You need to balance this card somehow like a higher cost other than ATK or increase the amount needed to decrease.

Exekitioner is errrr, just like The Six Samurai - Zanji. Its fine but weak in a way. It's all it does and now, Equip Spell Cards are doing way more than some of these. Looking at Noble Knights, these aren't as useful, excluding Carakatzbalger.

I think I'll stop here. I don't have much time. But in general the Deck needs a little bit of balancing and buffing for sure. Fix the OCG like how I said since thise are the only minor OCG problems I see. The Deck can use Summoner Monk to add some consistency but thats all I can think of at the moment.

Archived