[Red-Eyes] Red Spark

Armoire

iEJSPG8.jpg

As it turns out, with Spark Field, the high level Red-Eyes monsters are not such dead draws. Not only that, but it makes them more useful by being able to use their effects right away, mainly Archfiend's field wipe and Flare's burn.

Meteor is also not as useless as I thought, especially in mirror matches, because it lets your Red-Eyes burn away at your opponent in situations they would be destroyed by battle. And with Spark Field and Return of the Red-Eyes, Normal Summoning two of them for a pseudo-lock is very easy. Or you can go into a Rank 6.

1 Summoned Skull for emergency Red-Eyes Fusions into Skull Dragon.

Kinka-Byo is pretty self-explanatory: Re-use Black Stone, or get a free search with Back Metal after going into Beast-Eyes.

Insight -> Fusion -> Meteo Black Dragon is also a very fast set-up for Return of the Red-Eyes and Spirit, along with Dragon Shrine.
The Vanilla Red-Eyes' usage in this build is pretty mundane, I think I will cut it down to 1 and add a third Flare.
I have noticed that with this build, Spark Field and Return are the cards you would want on the field the most to use your monsters to the fullest.

Gospel just helps revive Flare or Meteo B. Not too sure if I should keep it, though.

So far, the deck functions pretty well and doesn't seem to clog too much with all the grave-dumping. But it does have a hard time against the meta. Pretty vulnerable to OTKs early game. And I am a little disappointed that it turned out to be more of a "Pure Red-Eyes" build rather than a total mix of Geminis and Red-Eyes, but it kind of goes hand in hand, so I guess...eh.

Anyhow, I would love any suggestions, thoughts, and comments.

On a side note, I really wish there was another Level 7 Red-Eyes monster that wasn't Malefic for consistency of their version of Trade-In.

Archived