D'Sceptyr's Daily 2 (Gladiator Beast Support #3)

Black D'Sceptyr

Welcome back to D'Sceptyr's Daily 2, where the cards are awesome and the artwork in the center of 'em don't matter! (Cause they're not mine. Savvy?)

I kid though- without 'em, though, I'd be a total loss, like a Diet Cinnabon.

Moving on. The support of the Gladiators reaches its third and final day, and I present you with two new Fusions, to bring the Extra Deck into full play. Let the games begin again.

[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Flammaw]

gladiator_beast_flammaw_by_bdsceptyr-da7

LIGHT/Beast-Type Fusion Effect/Level 9/2900 ATK/2200 DEF

Lore: 1 "Gladiator Beast" Pendulum Monster" + 1 Level 8 or lower Fusion Summoned Fusion Monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Unaffected by other card effects. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 face-up Special Summoned monster on the field into the Deck, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck,  ignoring its Summoning conditions. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except a Pendulum Monster.

This is the Gladiator Beast Flammaw, based off the Gladiator Flamma, who despite many offers from other areas and clans, remained with the Gladiator Beasts. As such, his every effort amplifies the presence of his comrades in increasing amounts. 

[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Batillicus]

gladiator_beast_battilius_by_bdsceptyr-d

WATER/Fish-Type Fusion Effect/Level 7/2000 ATK/2800 DEF

Lore: "Gladiator Beast Torax" or "Gladiator Beast Murmillo" + 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, if a card(s) on the field would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, except its own effect, you can send 1 other card on the field or your Deck to the Graveyard instead. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck: Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Torax" or "Gladiator Beast Murmillo".

And underneath the depths of the Colosseum cage, the mentor to the aquatic Gladiator Beasts arises, modeled of the famous gladiator Atillicus! He is a master of deep-sea destruction, and doing so in defense of the Gladiators is his sovereign duty. I present to you the submersible, subversive, Gladiator Beast Battilius!

These two monsters, coming in from land and air, seek nothing short of victory, and anything as sweet as glory! 

Felt real good making these two cards, especially for an archetype that deserves it. Glad Beasts felt like the original toolbox archetype, something that handled all situations with ease and kept on kicking, and I am sorry power-creep (and banning of the Rescue Kitty) forced it back. 

To get a clue on the legacy of these collection of beasts, search here: http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/gladiators/famous-gladiators.htm (Look for Flamma, Eriscus, Verus, and Marcus Attilicus)

For the last two parts of this trilogy, search here.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353774-dsceptyrs-daily-2-gladiator-beast-support-2/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353706-dsceptyrs-daily-2-gladiator-beast-support-1/

Also, here's my non-winning entry in Cutarius, based on Scutarius.

gladiator_beast_cutarius_by_bdsceptyr-da

[spoiler=Gladiator Beast Cutarius - Lore]

EARTH/Beast-Warrior-Type Fusion Effect/Level 9/3200 ATK/2100 DEF

Lore: 1 "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster + 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect is activated on the field, you can: Negate that card's effects, until the end of the turn, then if that card was a monster, draw 1 card. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck: Special Summon up to 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck.

Your grateful cardmaker BDS, is signing off.

WITH THIS.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU

• 2 weeks later...

Archived