Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Chosen [IC/PG-16]

Action Adventure Fantasy A CowCow RP

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,407 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:22 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

"Not a half bad ride am I?"

"Thank you." Keres responded, her voice low. She was glad to be off of the boy now. His scales felt strange under her hands. She glanced around as she stood up straight. The paralysis seemed to be fading away enough that she can at least stay up now.

The strange swordsman and Ryia were standing near each other. Had they been talking? Plotting? Romancing? She was curious, she couldn't deny, but she doubted she'd get anything out of either of them. She'd just have to watch their interactions from now on.

She glance over as Hob walked up to Gilly...with her boot. The girl glanced down and only just realized she was missing one. That explained why her foot hurt so much...Keres walked over to the two and bent down, picking up her boot. "Thank you Hob." She said and patted the sheep's head.

"um, I apologize for, well...that you had to go through that, and I couldn't do anything about it..."

"Wasn't needed." Keres said as the girl approached. She didn't want Ryia to feel guilty. It all turned out fine in the end. Though she couldn't help but feel a bit of disappointment. That was wrong, she knew, these people barely knew her and that some of them came down to get her was big on its own. Still, she couldn't help but wonder what they thought of her, herself. She had to assume they came to get her because they were already down three and couldn't afford more. It was a lonely thought.

But Keres was used to lonely.

Damien, for his part, was much more animated. "Well look here, the damsel has been rescued, good job out there team." There was a sarcastic edge to his voice and it seemed that he was teasing them when he followed with, "Took the scenic route I see." He glanced at the newly made hole in the wall.

He stepped back towards the wall, eyes on the two silent members of the group. Anis and Lindow had arrived last. So even the trusting Ryia felt something off about that guy. What could this unnatural feeling be?

Just then Flux reappeared next to Keres. "Well that was uncomfortable!" It said. "Boy was that weird. That thing's venom made the connection between us all slimy feeling...Hey, how's everyone else doing? The snake didn't get to you too did it?" Flux darted around towards the other Chosen, speaking to the Spirits themselves to check up on them.

OOC

8PBUpdp.gif

Alaina

Alaina

「So that those thoughts won't be lost」

• Mekakushi
  • 1,141 posts
    Last Visit 29 minutes ago
  • Alias:Skaia

Though Keres seemed to be fine, for the most part, and she seemingly tried to reassure Ryia that she didn't do anything wrong, she still couldn't but feel to the contrary. She had always felt it her duty, whether in a small adventuring party or with the Chosens, that she was supposed to help protect and keep all of them safe. Yet, while the group wasn't even in a fight, she had failed to protect someone who was in such close proximity to them and failed to do anything beyond that to help them. While Ryia couldn't help but feel guilty about it, she said, "um, if you say so. Then that's good." With a brief nod, she looked over as she noticed Damien seemed to be eyeing up two of the others.

The more she talked to him, the more of an enigma he seemed to her. While she didn't distrust him, she still couldn't figure out what to think of him, and to that affect how he would be with the rest of the group. All the same, her train of thought was broken as she heard the water spirit speak up, talking about a snake's venom. Before she could question it, the spirit of Earth appeared beside her, with its matter of fact tone stating, "no snake has gotten to me." 

The girl looked to the spirit, a clearly confused expression across it as she said, "wait, what- what snake?" She looked to the water spirit saying, "was there some kind of snake, uh, monster down there?" After she asked her question, a sudden realization had hit her. Looking back to the earth spirit, a tad amount of concern on her face, she thought to him, "wait, how long have you been listening?" 

"I never cease." 

"Oh....okay."

tumblr_p1qytntdOx1ub8b3yo1_500.gif

RP Awards

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 729 posts
    Last Visit Sep 15 2018 11:29 PM

"We figured we'd give you a head start, in case you fancied running off with the girl and our stuff..." Lindow popped out of the hole in the wall with a rather drained expression. Speaking with the same sarcastic edge, Lindow met the stranger's gaze as he slinked over towards the far wall. "We do love a good rescue." He flashed the man a smile that never met his eye.

"Though it seems you two were busy yourselves..." A quick study of the group that stayed behind and the sounds of the vultures outside were all he needed to know they had also been in some sort of tussle. 

Sliding down so that he was sitting against the wall, Lindow threw his head back and yawned before raising his right hand towards the Ice chosen. "Gilly, come here and let me have a look at you." As spoke, the Light Spirit's magic begun to shine in his palm. Though she was acting the normal, Lindow knew that the girl hadn't had the easiest time down on the ruin's depths...

"If anyone else needs this, then now is the time. I'd like to try and get nap in before we set out again."

tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png

Draggo

Draggo

rawr

• Senior Members
  • 7,668 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Doggo #5674
  • Alias:doggy

It was encouraging to see Keres already back on her feet. Whatever the monster had done to her was subsiding quickly meaning she'd be able to carry on with them well enough. Granted, Reinaan was going to just make Kloqah carry the girl if she proved to take long to recover anyway. The thought turned his gaze to the lizard mount who looked away when his eyes landed on her. She was a weird one. The swordsman from the day prior welcomed the team back as the Water Chosen retrieved her boot and spoke with Ryia some. The boy still didn't trust him, and the almost mocking tone to it all only served to irritate him more. But his focus was shifted as the water spirit made its way to the others. Ziiyol appeared nearby and seemed tense as her fellow spirit approached. Water and fire really didn't seem to mix.

"I'm fine, thank you. Reiny and I are as connected as ever, perhaps even more." came the less excited than usual reply. At the least, she seemed to regain some of her bubbly nature when referring to her partner. This still left a confused Earth Chosen however which prompted Reinaan to stand up against all of his body's complaints.

"We fought something that looked like a human woman but was snake from the waist down. And snake hair and stuff. She's what took Keres." the Draken offered in explanation as he approached. He paused for a moment before continuing on his way to Kloqah's side to inspect his belongings. Everything was in order. He made a note to himself to not tackle places like that again with as little equipment as he did. Even if his spear or the other javelins had been with him they wouldn't have done much to the undead creatures who had so easily snapped in half the one he had brought. His other items probably wouldn't have been very helpful either. His jacket didn't offer much protection but at the least he should have gone in with the metal bracers for his hands and feet and his bag to hold a few of the things they'd found at the bandit camp. He removed the amulet from about his neck and placed it inside his bag before giving his nude form a look over. He had a thought, one that took him by surprise.

"If things are gonna be like this, maybe it's time to get some armor..." flashed across his mind. Had he really just thought that? Never in his life had he doubted his own scales. And the thought of wearing much armor at all just seemed unbearable unless it was absurdly cool looking. But more than that he'd be admitting he had been wrong and that many of his village and even that annoying Templar were right. Just thinking of the templar berating him was enough to take that off the table. He was proud of his body and the fire spirit had chosen him as he was so he was going to stick with what he knew. Though in his examination he did take note of the kink in the tip of his tail from the bone breaking, and the dried blood about his feet from when his claws had dug into the stone floor. Lindow's offer of the light spirit's healing magic was well timed and the boy made his way over to await his turn.

HN9m1FU.jpg

Lewyn

Lewyn

I am nothing but a feckless minstrel.

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts
    Last Visit Sep 22 2018 01:54 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

Hob closed his eyes, baaing happily as he was petted by the girl with good boots. His stubby tail wagged a little bit as he leaned into her touch, even following her as she moved around.

"What--Hob, you traitor," Gilly moaned at seeing her sheep ignore her. "Ugh, so huuungry--huh?" she looked up at hearing Lindow talk about looking at her. "Don't wanna," she pouted, crossing her arms. "'m tough, don't need any help, hmph," she turned away stubbornly, despite the pain from various wounds. "I do need food though," she muttered.

Meanwhile, Snow had popped out of the bag upon hearing Flux's words. "I am fine as well. I was...out of it, for the most part, but my Chosen seemed to do just fine." He hesitated, before showing the ring to the other spirits. "She also found this in the lamia's nest."

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,407 posts

"Lamia." Keres said in response to Ryia's query. "Supposed to be extinct...Gods of ancient civilization." They were creatures seen mostly in history books. They ruled this area thousands of years ago. Some thought they were Demonic in nature and after seeing what one could do she could understand why.

"I do need food though,"

"I can...make some stew." Keres offered hesitantly. She saw what this girl did with food and she didn't want to be pounced on for offering. She herself didn't feel hungry after what she had recently seen but at least this would give her something to do.

Before she got started, however, Flux came to her. The other spirits didn't appear worse for wear after this encounter. But evidently Gilly had picked something up from the nest that Keres hadn't noticed. "Come here, sit." Keres said to Gilly, patting the spot beside her, before breaking out some equipment and ingredients to make food. "...Can we get a fire?" She asked Reinaan, not looking directly at the young Draken.

If Gilly decided to sit next to Keres the girl would ask to see the item that she picked up earlier.

--

Damien gave a grunt of confirmation as Lindow noted that they had been busy. "Just a few scorpions that tried to break through." He nodded over at Hob. "He was especially brave when fending them off." His gaze turned back to Lindow and he gave the man a smirk. "Handy power you got there. Didn't peg you for the type who'd be drawn to Light."

8PBUpdp.gif

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 729 posts
    Last Visit Sep 15 2018 11:29 PM

Lindow quickly rolled his eyes at Gilly's pouting before shifting his gaze back over to meet the stranger's. "It's the eyepatch isn't it?" He spoke in a joking tone. It was subtle, but Lindow could sense that he was being analyzed by for some reason. "Hate to break to you, but if you're looking to have your wounds tended to by a beautiful maiden, you've stumbled into the wrong group." Studying the other man for a moment under his seemingly friendly smirk, Lindow couldn't help but feel like he was looking right into a similar mask. 

Turning his attention back to Gilly, Lindow suddenly hopped to his feet. His eye narrowed slightly as his shoulder wrung out in pain from the blow he had suffered in the battle with the corpses, but he managed to keep the reaction to a minimum. Perhaps next time he would heal his own wounds first...

"You heard little Keres, even the greatest heroes would need to have their wounds tended to after vanquishing such a mighty opponent!" Lindow chirped bombastically whilst quickly closing in on Gilly like a predator. "There's no shame in using the resources we have at our disposal~" Using her free hand to try and pin the halfling down by the top of her head, Lindow washed the Light Spirits magic over the places that he had seen her get struck.

"Besides, you'll be even more of a nuisance if you're already injured during our next encounter..."

Once Gilly seemed to be healed to an acceptable degree, Lindow exhaled deeply before turning to Reinaan and motioning the boy over. "You weren't too bad with your blade down there. I think I owe you some of this after our little dance with undeath..."

tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png

Draggo

Draggo

rawr

• Senior Members
  • 7,668 posts
    Last Visit

There was something odd about the sight of Lindow tracking down Gilly to heal her injuries. It was like a parent looking after a child, an image that seemed to clash with the general air the Thunder Chosen carried about him. Regardless it brought a small smile to Reinaan's face. Once the healing was done he called the Draken over who responded quickly and presented his tail and feet. What the boy hadn't counted on was the compliment paid to him about his use of the sword. It felt good coming from Lindow who cared a great deal about his swordmanship. He'd had to largely improvise his primary weapon being broken so quickly into things. To Reinaan it felt like he'd mostly just sort of swung it about without much aim or focus but if he was being praised maybe he was on to something. The man also mentioned the encounter with the wrapped creatures which was enough to send a shiver down the boy's spine.

"I'm just glad you were there with me." he began as the light magic visibly set his broken tail back into place. It was almost grotesque yet it also sort of captivated Reinaan. "I was gonna panic, but having you there calmed me down. It was almost like being on a hunt with some of my brothers back home." he finished, clearly happy while thinking about his normal way of life. Multiple battles alongside the man were forging a unique bond and he wasn't shy about admitting it. With his feet and tail patched up the boy felt a lot better already. And so when the request from Keres came for fire, he was ready to help. "If we ever get a chance, we should practice some of that sword stuff. I'm kind of interested now after using one a bit." he said to Lindow as a final thought before moving over to where Keres was preparing to cook. The girl hadn't looked at him when she asked for fire. He still wanted to know what she was so tense around him for. The Draken had been nervous about meeting humans but that had quickly subsided. Maybe humans were just more anxious creatures in general. Regardless, now probably wasn't the time to do any pressing into her mental and emotional state. For that matter he wondered if the girl wouldn't rather be resting.

"Hey uh, Keres, do you want some help with that? You've gotta be tired, don't you want to rest?" the boy asked. Truth be told, he had no idea how to go about making stew despite having seen the Water Chosen do it on a handful of times. Cooking in general wasn't a strong suit. Carnivores that he and his people were, the most they ever did was roast meat from their kills. Even then Reinaan was known to enjoy raw meat just as well. But that didn't matter much to him over ensuring the girl's well being. He'd gladly embarrass himself and even touch gross vegetables. It'd be something to brag about when he got home. Ziiyol hovered near Kloqah, the two looking on at their small lizard friend with opposite reactions. The one eager to see him talk with the others and maybe cook, the other a bit annoyed at the proceedings.

HN9m1FU.jpg

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts

"I can...make some stew." Mute Girl offered, causing Gilly to perk up.

Before she could start suggesting what kinds of stew she preferred, Mr. Lindow spoke. "You heard little Keres, even the greatest heroes would need to have their wounds tended to after vanquishing such a mighty opponent!" The man looked kinda scary for a second as he moved closer, with the sneaky walk of one of the wild beasts of the mountains.

"W-wait! No, I can uhh, heal myself. See? All better now," the halfling hopped up and flexed her arms, wincing as the action caused one of her injuries to open more.

Mr. Lindow didn't look like he believed her. "There's no shame in using the resources we have at our disposal~" Using a free hand to try and pin the halfling down by the top of her head, he started to heal her. It felt weird, and tingly, but also nice. The man muttered something under his breath, but Gilly was too busy watching one of her wounds close to listen.

"Thanks..." she muttered, before adding with a pout. "But I'm sure I coulda healed up just fine by myself."

Not long after, Mute Girl patted the spot beside her, before breaking out some equipment and ingredients to make food. "Come here, sit." She then turned slightly toward Reiny boy. "...Can we get a fire?"

"Okey-dokey!" Gilly plopped herself on the ground next to Mute Girl. Hob was already there, the traitor. Tilting her head up to look at Reiny boy, she grinned. "Fire, fire, fire! Time for food! What're you hungry for, Reiny boy?" she asked.

It was then that Mute Girl asked to see the item from earlier. "Oh yeah, speaking of fire!" Gilly snapped her fingers. "I found this weird ring thing with fire. I gave it to Snowy to play with. Hey Snowy, you have it?"

The ice spirit hopped over, procuring the item in question. "Yes, yes," he said. "You are going to show the mage of the group? You are wiser than I had originally assumed."

"What's that supposed to mean?" the halfling stuck out her tongue as she took the ring. "Here ya go. It looks like there's a fire inside the gem thingy. You can have it if you want. Or Mr. Fire boy here. It's not cute, or food, so I don't need it."

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,407 posts

"Hate to break to you, but if you're looking to have your wounds tended to by a beautiful maiden, you've stumbled into the wrong group."

"No worries." Damien said, making sure his voice was loud enough for the others, one in particular, to hear. "I only need one beautiful maiden."

"Hey uh, Keres, do you want some help with that? You've gotta be tired, don't you want to rest?"

Keres nodded, paused, then shook her head. "Just need the fire. No need to rest. I am going to cook." She needed to do it. She had to earn her keep and she certainly hadn't done that down in the tomb. "Got enough rest."

The young woman's mouth twitched slightly as Gilly sat herself down with such an enthusiasm. Her usually expressionless face cracked for a moment. It was as if her face was trying to remember how to smile.

She tilted her head towards the halfling as the girl held out a strange ring to her. Keres examined it, staring at the dancing flames, until a light of recognition came to her eyes for a moment.

She passed a hand over it, mouthing something silently, as her hand glowed dimly. "Heat resistance." She said simply. "Fire protection."

She looked at Gilly. "Are you sure...you don't want it?" She asked. Her voice was slightly different from the monotone. It seemed she was trying to express something close to concern. Though it sounded more uncertain.

OOC

8PBUpdp.gif

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts

Mute Girl was busy talking to Reiny boy. Her mouth twitched slightly when Gilly sat down. Was that supposed to be a smile or something? She really needed to get smiling lessons if that were the case. Maybe have Reiny boy teach her? Or Mr. Lindow? Because nobody else around here really smiled. Buncha stick-in-the-muds.

Mute Girl stared at the ring for a long while, long enough for Gilly to get bored and want to eat something, before she spoke. "Heat resistance." She said simply. "Fire protection." She looked at the girl. "Are you sure...you don't want it?" She asked. Her voice sounded...a little different. Less like she was a statue or something.

"Of course!" the halfling nodded. "I'm the Great Gilly. I don't need no weird rings to protect me. I'm strong enough to take whatever comes my way, right Mr. Lindow?" she gave him a thumbs up. "Now, someone like Mr. Lindow, or Pinky, or even Stick-in-the-Mud, they might need it more." She grinned, proud of her awesome self for being so awesome. I sounded so cool there, she thought. So generous. But that's also part of being a hero.

In the background, Snow was rolling his eyes so hard he was afraid they were going to fall out. "Please," he muttered.

Hob baa'ed, whether in agreement or disagreement, it was hard to tell. Or he could've just been hungry.

Draggo

Draggo

rawr

• Senior Members
  • 7,668 posts
    Last Visit

The Ice Chosen acted like they hadn't just been in a life threatening situation and continued her usual bouncing from one topic to the next. Reinaan didn't even have the time to remind the girl in response to her question that all he ate was meat as it was. Meanwhile Keres asserted she was fine and had enough rest; a statement the Draken severely doubted but at the same time he wasn't going to push her on it. In more relaxed circumstances he might just ask her to teach him to cook as an alternative approach. Regardless he moved to do his appointed task of providing fire. His chest tensed a bit as he prepared his breath. The day's exertion and in particular the quick continued usage of the breath was putting some strain on the muscles. But Lindow's magic and a good night's rest would likely take care of it. The boy unleashed a small stream of fire to ignite the wood as the others discussed the ring Gilly had found. Something about fire resistance which seemed unnecessary for the Fire Draken who'd been born by a lava chute and withstood the desert heat better than most of the others present. With his task complete he stepped back to get out of the Water Chosen's way.

Reinaan's attention shifted to Anis who had remained rather quiet since the defeat of the snake woman. She'd cooperated with him to bring the stones from the ceiling down rather readily. And yet he still wasn't sure if approaching or talking to her would be a wise idea. On the whole he felt now wasn't the time to press much into matters like that with anyone. When the group wasn't tired or injured or in danger seemed like the time for those sorts of things. So instead he sat down nearby the small cluster around the Water Chosen. Without much to think of or say, the boy's mind wandered to home as it often did. But instead of missing it he recalled some of the ancient draken language the elders and adults of the village had taught him through his youth. With the claw of his left index finger he began tracing lines out in the sand on the floor of the room, sloppily composing the shapes as he remembered them. They only barely looked like more than simple squiggles as he attempted to recreated the symbols for Draken and Fire and the volcano they called their home.

HN9m1FU.jpg

Alaina

Alaina

• Mekakushi
  • 1,141 posts

Ryia only seemed to be more confused and worried at the mention of a half-snake person with snakes for hair. This was only made worse by Keres identifying it as both a Lamia and a god. The girl wasn't quite sure how to process the whole thing, and merely stood by herself wondering what she had actually missed. As everyone began to go and begin their resting, Ryia merely sat back against the wall and let out a sigh. It was a bit of an odd feeling, knowing that she hadn't done anything to help her team out against such a dangerous foe, and yet them not needing her down there to do so. She wasn't quite sure if she should've felt assured, inadequate, or some kind of combination of the two. While she was trying to figure this out, she couldn't help but bury herself further in her own arms as Damien made his little comment. 

Eventually, after Keres had managed to identify the ring as a ring of fire protection, the choice came down to who would be the one to wear it. After a brief discussion, the group eventually figured that Ryia would be the best one to wear the ring. While she felt a bit awkward accepting it, both because she figured other people could use it more and because she didn't actually do anything to get it, she didn't make too much of a fuss of it and accepted it. Slipping the ring on, the girl examined it briefly before merely taking her position back against the wall. 

Ryia didn't say or do much more for the rest of the night, merely joining everyone for dinner and checking to see if they were alright. After that, once everyone was ready to go to sleep, the young girl elected to stay up for an hour or so more then everyone else, just to make sure everything was fine before finally going to sleep herself. 

RP Awards

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,407 posts

Keres gave a brief nod to Gilly. "Very well." She said quietly, before going back to the food. She was still concerned and would continue to glance over at the Halfling but it seemed that the girl was certain she would be alright. When Keres eventually handed Ryia the ring she mumbled a "You probably can wear your armor when traveling easier." as she continued to work on the stew.

When it finally came time to eat the food was likely less than some would like. Especially as Keres knew they'd have to make sure the limited supplies they had kept them through an unknown number of days in the desert. "I'm used to cooking for one." Keres muttered as a halfhearted explanation.

She wasn't looking forward to traveling again.

As his Chosen got to work Flux floated on over to the Draken. Seemingly intruiged by the drawings. "Ooooh what's this? What's this then? Art? Message? Ritualistic rituals?"

---

The next day, or rather the closest equivalent to next day they could figure, the group packed up their things and, Keres once more on the mule, headed out of their shelter.

Damien hesitated before leaving. "I've used this place for a while now. It's almost like my home. Heh, what a stupid thing to get attached to."

They continued on in the direction the elder indicated. And the more they traveled the more Keres wondered if seeking out a group of those sharks was the smart thing. After a couple days she decided to pose a question to the group. "What...do we do when we find them?"

OOC

8PBUpdp.gif

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,356 posts

Mute Girl gave a brief nod to Gilly. "Very well." She said quietly, before going back to the food. She still glanced at Gilly every so often, but the halfling didn't notice, distracted with the thought of food. However, when it finally came time to eat, there was...not as much as she was hoping for. Pouting, the halfling grumbled as she picked up her spoon, eyes glancing at the bowls everybody else had. If she ate her share and the others' shares, well, she'd still be hungry. Sighing, she began to dig in.

"I'm used to cooking for one." Mute Girl muttered.

"It's good," Gilly said after swallowing the first mouthful. "But next time, we need more food! A girl's gotta eat, after all."

--

The next day, or rather the closest equivalent to next day they could figure, the group packed up their things and, Mute Girl once more on the mule, headed out of their shelter.

Mr. McGrumpypants hesitated before leaving. "I've used this place for a while now. It's almost like my home. Heh, what a stupid thing to get attached to."

"That's not stupid," Gilly said. "What is stupid is being a grumpypants, though." She stared at him suspiciously, as if he were about to jump up and start berating people right then and there. She did eventually let up as time passed and he didn't do anything bad like shout at people.

After two days, the halfling was a wreck. "Ugh..." she groaned, her head drooping from her position atop Hob, who wasn't doing much better. "This sucks," she complained. "Why did we have to visit a desert at all? Why not a nice, cold place instead? At least you can put more clothes on. You can't start taking clothes off. Well, you can," she said, looking at Reiny boy. "But then people usually start screaming if you're not a dragon. Why can't I be a dragon?" she whined.

"What...do we do when we find them?" Mute Girl asked.

"Huh? Find who?" Gilly asked, confused.

Draggo

Draggo

rawr

• Senior Members
  • 7,668 posts
    Last Visit

As the Draken's attempts at scribbling in the sand continued he was surprised to hear a voice by his side. The water spirit had come to inquire about what he was doing. Even having heard it speak to the other spirits earlier the voice had been unfamiliar. Though not as bad as its Chosen, Flux hadn't seemed especially talkative early on into things. Reinaan shifted to look at the thing but where he ought to look wasn't particularly clear. There wasn't much of a face to this spirit.

"Well uh... I guess message is closest. It's ancient Draken. Or what I remember of it at least. Only the village elders know it super well these days anyway." the boy started. Reinaan pointed to the various shapes in turn, explaining what they were supposed to look like and how that represented the thing. The most obvious was the volcano of Blagos itself as it was fairly difficult to mess up a drawing of a large mountain. But where humans likely saw imminent destruction, Reinaan and his people saw the source of life. Rarely would the symbol carry negative connotations with it.

Eventually with some of Keres' food in him, Reinaan was ready to sleep off the day's fatigue. Lindow's healing had been a start but there was still no replacing a good nap for restoring strength. After checking his belongings one last time the boy checked on Kloqah who wasn't particularly hungry. This wasn't particularly strange. Large lizards in general seemed to share the trait of eating somewhat infrequently. What was odd was how calm she was. Typically she'd have snapped or huffed at him by this point but she simply let the tired little lizard lean into her side and sleep as was his habit. Only after the boy had passed out would the lizard wrap her longer neck around him before sleeping herself. This one got hurt too much. She needed to keep a better eye on him.

----------

It was a new day, or at least maybe it was. The eternal sunlight made it near impossible to tell if one day had ended or another began. Still the lizards roused themselves as the others awoke. While sore and stiff, Reinaan was already feeling better. Some slightly clumsy stretching had him feeling good to go before long. It was time to get all of Kloqah's gear back in place and hit the road with the rest of the group. She seemed largely content to be back to baring the load of food and Draken alike. They still had a ways to go and the boy was grateful she'd be doing the walking for him. He made no comment on the man's remarks about leaving the place feeling like leaving home. The Fire Chosen still didn't trust him as it was.

Due to this being her natural habitat, Kloqah had an easy time leading the way for the group initially. Even without directly exerting himself the heat was beginning to bother Reinaan however. He liked it warm but when it was just constantly hot day in and day out, it got irritating. Worse it got tiring as just being out it stressed and dehydrated the body. His black scales were painful to the touch due to how well they absorbed the heat. Thankfully they largely retained it to themselves instead of frying the boy's insides. Still, after two days of travel and minor scraps, it was feeling like about time to go anywhere else. But looking at the others, Reinaan saw he certainly wasn't having the worst of it. The halfing and Hob alike seemed to be struggling. She spoke of her longing to be somewhere cold where you could just put more clothes on to keep warm. Reinaan caught her gaze as she looked at him and said non-dragons couldn't just take their clothes off. It was strange to hear someone speak to his lack of dress finally. And not even in a condemning tone but rather it seemed acceptable for him to be how he was. If Gilly held the common opinion he sure had the time of his life ahead of him when he got back telling the others to stop nagging him about it.

"You don't have to be a dragon." he started, a hint of his overall confusion on the matter present in his voice. "If you're too hot, just take something off. Isn't that the whole point of wearing something else's skin? You put it on when you want and you take it off when you want." he theorized aloud. It was one thing to complain about your own fur or scales being uncomfortable in a situation. But if the problem was something external you put on your body, you shouldn't have to keep it on. Something or someone must have taught Gilly it wasn't okay for her to not wear anything he thought. Reinaan's village had tried that with him too but that was dumb. If you needed fur you'd have been born with it surely. Maybe this was just some revolutionary breakthrough he'd made. Everyone else grew up believing the lies. Maybe his real mission was to impart this truth to the world. Or maybe the heat was getting to him and he needed to cool off. That seemed a lot more likely.

Eventually a somewhat more relevant thought was presented in Keres wondering what the group would do once they found the group of sharks. In their eagerness to find this collection of subterranean it seemed none of them had given it much thought. At the least, if the Water Chosen hadn't thought of something Reinaan doubted anyone else had.

"We wanna see why they're gathering right? Maybe it's around something..." he proposed, not entirely certain himself. Even if there was some special thing the sharks circled the fact of the matter would remain an army of sharks would be between them and the thing. "We could try some sort of uh... coordinated magical attack thing..." he continued still not entirely sure what he was saying. The ideas would probably be clearer if they were already there. Planning in the moment was more his thing but he definitely understood the girl's desire to have something set before potentially diving into their deaths.

HN9m1FU.jpg

Alaina

Alaina

• Mekakushi
  • 1,141 posts

Once everyone had woken up, it was already time for the group to begin their travels into the desert once more. The heat was unbearable as ever and her apparel did not help in this regard. The sweat was beginning to form all across her and her fatigue was beginning to accumulate from the days of travel they had done across the endless sands. Though, from the little time she had spent in the desert prior to getting the ring, she could feel a clear difference in it. All the same, the journey was brutal and she wasn't quite sure how much further they had to travel, nor what exactly they were looking for beyond sand fish.

As Keres had mentioned the topic of their goal, Ryia then tried to think on what it was they were going to do. Just one of the creatures was already dangerous enough, and if someone were controlling them it would be only that much more dangerous to fight a whole bunch of them. As Reinaan brought up his point, Ryia started to think aloud. "We  should probably...just observe them first? To, um, figure out what the area is like and see...what we're up  against?" 

RP Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users