About the New Forum Rules

Trebuchet MS

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On sexual content:

1. Refer to buttocks in the rules, not asses.

2. Ban anuses.

3. Give better reference(s) on what is considered abnormally large.

4. Also ban abnormally large buttocks (asses) that are not emphasised. (Also, just what is considered "emphasised," and why aren't abnormally large breasts just lumped into the category of emphasised breasts? At the momemt, I am just assuming that it means "focused on," so as to differentiate abnormal largeness from it, but further clarification in the rules is needed.)

5. Also ban the abnormally large bulges of genitalia that are not emphasised.

6. Allow more forms of sexual discussion, such that I can say things about Rewas.

7. Explicitly say in the rules that nipples are explicit territory. (Does this include male nipples?)

8. Clarify on whether the rules differentiate between breasts and nipples. Are abnormally large nipples on small or normal-sized breasts allowed, for example? (Also, is this question considered offending sexual discussion under these new rules?)

10. Lack of clothing in which certain areas? And on what? Is an exposed arm, or an unclothed dildo, rack, or stick, against the rules? (I'm not trying to be pedantic; the rules need to be more clear. Right now it appears that it's trying to dance around the fact that it should specify which areas of the human body should be covered in images.)

11. Are depictions/images of sex toys and/or other inorganic sexual items considered inappropriate? If so, also ban them.

On the new warning system:

1. I don't agree that it's popular belief that permanent bans are extended timeouts rather than permanent bans.

2. Why is it important to keep the original identity of a returning permanently banned member undisclosed?

3. What other rules extend to the YCM Discord chat? Also, what other places of significance are under YCM jurisdiction?

Keep it the way it was before maybe?  Delete threads or topics that became overly explicit, delete posts, issue out warnings accordingly.  This whole new system is flawed, and totally unwarranted.  As Winter said, 

>It's not like we've been posting dicks and tits all over YCM

I just wonder why this rule was even brought about in the first place?  Sure I posted some suggestive material before, but I got over it and realized the line between to sexual, and ecchi.  But now none of this stuff is allowed?  

Ridiculous.

I dont see the need to get rid of sexual talk, its not like it was anywheres other than a few topics in misc and its really nothing bad for a 13 year old if they hear about stuff. I heard about crazy sheet when I was 13 and so did everyone else, its really not that big of a deal. Why get rid of what was never causing a problem for people in the first place?

Why the topic of sex looked at as taboo, when it is one of the most fundamental parts of life itself? Why should the topic be repressed when other topics, that are more innately reputable be topics of discussion? What is the problem of basking the beauty of humanity? Where do the problems lie about using vulgarity to express feelings and have a jolly old time become subject to censorship? How are 13 years any better off from people being open about the things that make human life more genuine and calibrated? It literally brings joy, to a world that make the tykes hash out and react in measures that aren't deemed fit, because they don't know any better.

Honestly, YCM is only alive because we can be congruent with ourselves and what we enjoy, when most people don't do this because of the stigma behind it. If we put limits on the ways people can express themselves, then we are only putting ourselves back. Yes, there should be somethings not allowed. There is nothing wrong with what has been going on thus far.

It seems oddly targeted, as well. I get that American culture tends to differ from other countries' in its severity regarding its focus on censoring sexual things more over violent things or whatever, but if the point is to make this a more family friendly site the new rules don't have all their bases covered.

Cause I had a spat about furries and their potential impact on the LGBT community. A couple of furries argued with me, and despite the fact everyone involved in the argument walk away, some mod felt the need to kill any progress YCM made in activity 

...This whole thing was literally over that? How does this even make any sense. You got under the small YCM furry communitys skin for a little period and now we have a way more strict definition of whats 2lewd4YCM. If this is the real reason behind the rules update then im completely baffled.

...This whole thing was literally over that? How does this even make any sense. You got under the small YCM furry communitys skin for a little period and now we have a way more strict definition of whats 2lewd4YCM. If this is the real reason behind the rules update then im completely baffled.

It wasn't. Best I can tell it was a combination of a ton of stuff. Winter is exaggerating and claiming one incident he was involved in was the only thing.

YCMod Logic

Daesh dousing a guy in gasoline and lighting him up like fireworks - family friendly. Please discuss!

Dicks going in Vaginas - NO, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

C'mon man we're past the knee-jerk angry mob aren't we? Why don't we instead actually discuss what could be fixed instead?

Like I said, the rules seem too broad and unspecific. The new warning system was kinda needed. Seeing as as it was unless you straight up went full crazy a slap on the wrist is what people got. It's probably a good idea to be a bit more structured with the warning system.

The issue seems only to be the sexual parts. Which as I said, should be more specific. If it's overly explicit then I don't see an issue not allowing it. Though just a simple dick joke for instance not as much.

Sex is honestly a beautiful thing. It's natural, and the reason why the damn 13 year olds are around anyway

If anything people should be crying about the things that are genuinely toxic to the world

You know like actual issues about how our grandchildren might be choking on CO2 

Talk about priorities 

C'mon man we're past the knee-jerk angry mob aren't we? Why don't we instead actually discuss what could be fixed instead?

Like I said, the rules seem too broad and unspecific. The new warning system was kinda needed. Seeing as as it was unless you straight up went full crazy a slap on the wrist is what people got. It's probably a good idea to be a bit more structured with the warning system.

The issue seems only to be the sexual parts. Which as I said, should be more specific. If it's overly explicit then I don't see an issue not allowing it. Though just a simple dick joke for instance not as much.

Also "abnormally large breasts" well okay what size makes it abnormally large? Like what if its not lewd like I mean some characters in general are drawn with huge breast sizes from certain shows and such? Does this mean that I cant put said person as my avi?

It seems like the mods are trying to go for getting rid of PG-13 sexual material with how the rules are being layed out in this broad of a manner, even though were a site that allows material to go up to PG-13.

I legit feel that all that's needed is to tone it down to be only banning more explicit sexual things. Cause while free speech and sex is natural and all that. It's still perfectly reasonable that plenty of people would be uncomfortable with certain levels of it.

And you can say that not letting people say certain things because of a minority but, really, there's never really a NEED to go to certain lengths with it. And why in the world would you expect a public forum like this to not at least look out for certain levels of discomfort? Kinda unfair to bar people just to let the people already here say and post things that are easily saved for more private areas like Skype.

Basically what I'm saying is that the rules would be much better if there was a certain level of sexual that wasn't allowed. The only issue there is how to describe it, and deciding upon a single interpretation.

That's the bloody problem, it's not like we're all posting Dicks and Tits in every other post

YCM is barely sexual...do you want me to apologize for the Dick Joke a made?

Seriously, YCM needs to grow the f*** up

Which part; the part where some people acknowledge they're okay with not needing to be explicit and lewd around others because a lot people don't actually appreciate that, or the people making an unnecessarily large stink over it?

Archived