I apologize for my previous sub-archetype of the Great Entities. I would like to make up for it via Fairy Ghostricks, and I'll try my best to make them as balanced as possible. Ghostrick Spoiled Angel had some interesting effects, especially the win condition, so I'll try and give these monsters a win condition each.

Ghostrick Kitsune

Rnk4/Dark/Fairy/Xyz/Effect

2 level 4 monsters

You can also Xyz summon this monster using a Rank 2 or lower "Ghostrick" Xyz monster you control as an Xyz material (Xyz materials attached to that monster become attached to this one. This summon is also treated as an Xyz summon). While you control another "Ghostrick" monster, your opponent cannot activate set spell/trap cards. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target one set spell/trap card your opponent controls, apply one of these effects:

• If the conditions are met: Detach one Xyz material from this card to activate that card's effect.
  • If the conditions are not met: Attach that card to this card as an Xyz material.

If this card has ten spell/trap cards as Xyz materials, you win the duel.

1700 ATK/ 2800 DEF

(I tried my best to base this monster off of the kitsune and their powers. If its effects are too powerful, let me know what to fix please.)

Ghostrick Stingy Jack

Rnk4/Dark/Fairy/Xyz/Effect

2 level 4 monsters.

You can also Xyz summon this monster by using a Rank 1 "Ghostrick" Xyz monster you control as an Xyz material (Xyz materials attached to that monster become attached to this one. This summon is also treated as an Xyz summon). While you control another "Ghostrick" monster, your opponent cannot normal summon monsters (But can normal set). Once per turn: You can detach one Xyz material from this card, switch all of your opponent's monsters to face-down defense mode. Once per turn, you can target one set monster your opponent controls, attach that monster to this card as an Xyz material. If this monster has ten monsters as Xyz material, you win the duel.

1500 ATK/ 3000 DEF

(I based this card off a Halloween legend called "Stingy Jack". He was so devious he tricked the devil TWICE, successfully I might add. So I figured to make his effects based on the legend, but if it's too powerful, let me know what to fix. Also if you have a much more clever name for Stingy Jack, feel free to let me know.)

Alright, here's to making up for my previous failure for the Entity archetype. Please let me know what to fix, and if you have any ideas on what other cards to add that might support these cards, feel free to post and or comment. Thank you for taking your time to read this. I fixed them so that their ranks are matching their types.

Fixed Kitsune

It doesn't really make much sense to make them Fairy-Type. They really only have 1, and it's a Rank 4 Xyz Monster. The Level/Rank 1 monsters are Fiend, the Level/Rank 2 are Spellcaster, the Level/Rank 3 are Zombie, and Fallen Angel/Dorklord/Angel of Mischief is the only Fairy-Type.

Regardless:

I don't think the Spell/Trap treating effect will be very effective, as most of them are a single use, as opposed to continuous or Field Spell. Second effect's fine.

Other than the Normal Summon locking effect, the rest of the effects are fine.

It doesn't really make much sense to make them Fairy-Type. They really only have 1, and it's a Rank 4 Xyz Monster. The Level/Rank 1 monsters are Fiend, the Level/Rank 2 are Spellcaster, the Level/Rank 3 are Zombie, and Fallen Angel/Dorklord/Angel of Mischief is the only Fairy-Type.

Regardless:

I don't think the Spell/Trap treating effect will be very effective, as most of them are a single use, as opposed to continuous or Field Spell. Second effect's fine.

Other than the Normal Summon locking effect, the rest of the effects are fine.

I fixed some of the effects and wrote in an explanation about why they're fairy type.

I fixed some of the effects and wrote in an explanation about why they're fairy type.

Actually, the Type is based on their Level/Rank (hence Fiend for 1, Spellcaster for 2, and Zombie for 3).

Also, what do you mean you fixed up the effects? They don't like all that different (if at all).

Actually, the Type is based on their Level/Rank (hence Fiend for 1, Spellcaster for 2, and Zombie for 3).

Also, what do you mean you fixed up the effects? They don't like all that different (if at all).

Well, I made it so that Kitsune not only gains the effect of the spell/trap cards, but their effects become continuous and can be activated anytime.

I also fixed Jack's summon lock so that it only works while there's another Ghostrick monster.

But your right, I should make them rank 4, and I should also add ATK and DEF now that I notice.

Kitsune’s easy access in any Deck seems like a weird option. I know that Angel of Mischief is 2 materials, but I think a monster with a seemingly better effect should have 3 materials necessary. As for the actual effect, it’s very easy to summon as long as you have a Rank 1 or 2, and its DEF is massive. It also stops your opponent from getting rid of the Ghostricks that are already easy to summon and hard to get rid of. Outside of Ghostrick, it can be used to rid your opponent of set Spell/Trap cards, meaning you could simply predict which cards your opponent has set, respond to a specific timing, and activate their own, say, Bottomless Trap Hole or Solemn Warning, or if you go in blind, you can just snipe out stuff that would hurt you too much. I suggest you prevent your opponent from activating the target in response, because if they just chain it, then it’s a bit dangerous to go in with it. However, if you do this, you should probably make it archetypal.

As far as flavor goes, Stingy Jack is only a little sensible, to be honest. Also, Lantern was already sort of inspired by this story. Since this card can book of moon all of your opponent’s monsters (making it better than Book of Eclipse in most cases), then slowly take all of your opponent’s set monsters to let you win, there’s a lot of power behind it. You may not use the win condition, but the card guarantees you can get up to 5 attacks on your opponent, including with himself at a decent 1500 ATK. I also believe Dullahan increases ATK, as does a particular Field Spell, so there’s a lot behind this one monster. I like how you can splash it into other Decks, but I wonder if you should do it differently. All of the possible rank-ups are on vanilla mats, so you could just make it useable in Rank 1 or 2 Decks.

Kitsune’s easy access in any Deck seems like a weird option. I know that Angel of Mischief is 2 materials, but I think a monster with a seemingly better effect should have 3 materials necessary. As for the actual effect, it’s very easy to summon as long as you have a Rank 1 or 2, and its DEF is massive. It also stops your opponent from getting rid of the Ghostricks that are already easy to summon and hard to get rid of. Outside of Ghostrick, it can be used to rid your opponent of set Spell/Trap cards, meaning you could simply predict which cards your opponent has set, respond to a specific timing, and activate their own, say, Bottomless Trap Hole or Solemn Warning, or if you go in blind, you can just snipe out stuff that would hurt you too much. I suggest you prevent your opponent from activating the target in response, because if they just chain it, then it’s a bit dangerous to go in with it. However, if you do this, you should probably make it archetypal.

As far as flavor goes, Stingy Jack is only a little sensible, to be honest. Also, Lantern was already sort of inspired by this story. Since this card can book of moon all of your opponent’s monsters (making it better than Book of Eclipse in most cases), then slowly take all of your opponent’s set monsters to let you win, there’s a lot of power behind it. You may not use the win condition, but the card guarantees you can get up to 5 attacks on your opponent, including with himself at a decent 1500 ATK. I also believe Dullahan increases ATK, as does a particular Field Spell, so there’s a lot behind this one monster. I like how you can splash it into other Decks, but I wonder if you should do it differently. All of the possible rank-ups are on vanilla mats, so you could just make it useable in Rank 1 or 2 Decks.

On Kitsune: You're right, maybe I should make it archetypal, maybe add main deck Fairy Ghostricks into the mix. If it doesn't work out I should soften up the effect.

On Stingy Jack: I forgot that Lantern was already based on Jack, not to mention I thought Lantern was based on Jack's lantern. Also, I think I should make Jack archetypal too to soften him up as well.

I'll update the support after I've done some research into Irish/Scottish folklore because that's where most fairy stories come from.

Archived