The Ramparts at Titan's Fare (AKA The Monarchs' Salt Flows!)

the_ramparts_at_titan_s_fare_by_bdscepty

[spoiler=The Ramparts at Titan's Fare: Errata]

Field Spell Card

Lore: Each player must Tribute 1 additional monster to Tribute Summon monsters. Each player must Tribute 1 monster to Normal Summon a Level 3 or 4 monster. Monsters cannot be Tributed by other card effects, or to activate card effects. Neither player takes any battle damage from a battle involving a Token. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you control no Tokens: You can Special Summon 1 "Rampart Titan Token" (EARTH/Machine-Type/Level 1/0 ATK/0 DEF) to either player's field, then if you Summoned the "Rampart Titan Token" to your opponent's field, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects this turn.

Sorry about the slight delay in this post, fellas. Been busy with some new ideas, getting some new faces for my picture folder, shooting the blanket  all that normal jazz. I've been a bit neglectful to this wonderful forum, so as a way to make up for the days I missed, here a clearly-not-abusable-at-all card for you all to ogle.

Anyway, you know the drill, let's get to spelunking!

BDS, signing off.

WITH THIS: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JevOJeRzIk

UPDATE: Gave some better effects to these Ramparts-y'know, to make it a tad more worthy of its title.

UPDATE II: Can't let the Tokens lead to OTK's, so that's fixed too.

This isn't Monarch salt, it's your salt.

It's not even that bad against Monarchs, since they'll not only be running 2-3 Twin Twisters plus more removal in game 2. It also doesn't do anything to Edea and Erebus, so with Domain on board, they can still summon Erebus or Ehther. Also, as long as they can get out Erebus, they can still just use Stormforth to tribute your monster instead. 

To say the least, this isn't a huge deal. If anything, it hurts stuff that DOESN'T tribute summon, since they need to tribute summon their level 3 and 4 monsters (none of which Monarchs have, by the way).

All in all, I'm not sure what this is going for. It's an extremely trolly and searchable floodgate that can just be activated after you summon your monsters to make your opponent have a hard time no matter what they're playing.

Yeah, my apologies. Playing Qlis with Monarchs really spoiled me as to how they're summoned. I just wanted to make some Normal Summoning-reliant decks cringe, especially with the glut of RANK4 hanging over all our heads. And if they don't have a Twin Twisters at hand, most of those decks are effectively screwed. I was actually thinking of Frogs/Burgesstoma while making this-they'd go right under the Rampart's requirements.

Think I should change it back to the original? Actually had it where each player could only Tribute monsters they controlled to Tribute Summon monsters, but thought it'd be too situational.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived