Grace Granter Giselle (...do love me a summon lock tho)

See, stuff like this is going to go on my record, because I have literally no clue how to properly handle a card effect that would be broken slapped on any Main Deck monster, and I gave this bloody thing TWO of those effects, and this might be a step too far in the OTHER direction from every other card I've re-errataed into oblivion...but lol when do I ever learn lets get started with this angelic one-and-done-maker.

grace_granter_giselle_by_bdsceptyr-da8is

[spoiler=Grace Granter Giselle - Errata]

EARTH/Fairy-Type Synchro Tuner Effect/Level 7/2850 ATK/2400 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters

During either player's End Phase, if you did not Normal Summon/Set a monster(s) this turn: You can target 2 monsters in your Graveyard whose total ATK is equal to or less than this card's ATK: Special Summon both of those targets (1 on each side of the field). You can only use this effect of "Grace Granter Giselle" once per Duel. If the number of monsters on the field are exactly equal to the number of Materials used to Synchro Summon this Synchro Summoned card, neither player can Summon monsters..

Review, revel, you know the drill, put it through those halos Giselle is throwing at you and get a stuffed animal.

BDS, signing off.

Nice stats (ATK and DEF), generic materials (well, two non-Tuner), a Special Summoning effect, and locking off Synchro Summoning. The first effect is rather useful, as you could recover monsters for an Xyz play. But the last effect is rather pointless, seeing as we already have a much better Synchro floodgate (well, where the effect is concerned): Dark Highlander. I would suggest at the least increasing it's ATK.

The last effect locks off ALL Summoning-you just have to control the Synchro Summoned Giselle. And I'll see what I can do about that ATK.

Oh; no wonder the Level seemed awkward with the materials. And while locking off Summons may be extreme, this card requires some investment for that to leave an impact, plus it is prone to removal effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived