Protective Premonition (the more you use, the more (damage) they lose!)

Black D'Sceptyr

[spoiler=Protective Premonition]

protective_premonition_by_bdsceptyr-da8i

Normal Trap Card 

Lore: When your opponent adds a monster(s) from their Deck or Graveyard to their hand: Your opponent must reveal 1 monster in their hand, then you shuffle all face-up monsters currently on the field into the Deck that share that revealed monster's Level, Attribute and/or Type. While this card is in your Graveyard, all damage your opponent would take is reduced by 500. You can only activate 1 "Protective Premonition" per turn.

(See, I used to set the high-water mark on the damage Premonition prevented at 1000, but that would ensue everything short of a (insert primary color here) Eyes Dragon deck would be ripping its hair out trying to get above the quota. Thank me, hairlines. Thank me for staying put at the thought of having to put out over 3000 damage for your opponent to feel it...then curse me out for the fact this card is a near cost-less successor of Time-Space Trap Hole that works on a Dark Law trigger and behold this beautiful load of beautiful!)

Review, revel, you know what else to do.

BDS, signing off (for real this time, I've got friends over tomorrow, heck if I'm looking like the Walking Dead when they come around.)

So this card would see most use in cards with the same Level, Type, or Attribute. Though, it's kind of difficult to name any that do so, as most have differing Type, Attribute, or Level. I suppose you could use it against Burning Abyss.

And small thing: You might want to change it from "When" to "if" so it doesn't miss timing (unless that's what you intended).

Archived