Photo

Avatar: Elemental Dystrophy OOC | Co-hosted by Hakima

- - - - - A Dad RP Action Adventure Fantasy

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Juice
  • 14,790 posts
    Last Visit Apr 11 2019 10:58 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

24zvm90.png

Plot and Setting

Database

Character Application

Accepted Applications

Couple things.  

• All standard YCM rules apply, and all RP section rules apply.  This means no godmodding, power playing, personal attacks, etc.  Keep that shit outta here please.  
  • My co-host and I have the final word.  We have the right to converse with one another without consulting you, but we will be as transparent as possible.  
  • Most of the lore will be indirectly related to the main series.  Meaning that--while Aang and Korra certainly existed--what you know of the main Avatar story will likely be irrelevant.  Feel free to ask questions for clarity.
  • Have fun.  That's what this is all about.

Update: 7/5/2016

• Clarified elements and sub-types in the OP
  • Adjusted total character allotment from six to eight
  • Removed Lightning and Metal as a choice for elemental selection with the E.D. glove in "Character Application"
  • Added an origin to E.D. in the OP, and an approximate "first sighting" period
  • Changed S.E.D. glove from bending one technique to bending one element

Update:  7/6/2016

• Added Hakima's IG Lore to the database.

Update:  7/18/2016

• Added accepted applicants to the OP.

Edited by Hi I'm Dad, 18 July 2016 - 12:01 PM.

Drowning in your silence.

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
    Last Visit Jun 11 2019 05:05 PM

Interest noted. App thingy goes here.

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,737 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Yui

Seeing my old banners is a nice throwback. Color me interested.

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Cherz

Cherz

Teddiursa!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
    Last Visit Aug 05 2018 10:26 AM
  • Alias:Cherz
  • Spouse:Renegade

• Dad likes this

66503_1392417719.gif

Serenade

Serenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
    Last Visit Jun 13 2017 06:04 PM

Sure, I'll join the fun.

rOGVl.gif

Eevee

Eevee

Eevoi!

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
    Last Visit Jan 14 2019 03:51 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

Well both my Dad and bro Hakima are in this RP. That's enough for me.

Goodbye, free time. rip

bm04TgJ.png

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts
    Last Visit Jun 15 2019 09:36 PM
  • Alias:Hydreigon

Why you do this dad?  I have two rps of my own, and I'm in every rp besides the lame ones >w>

interest noted

jXKJJoh.gif

The Past is a Cyber Dino

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

Thanks for the attention ladies and gents.  I'll go ahead and turn this into a full blown OOC.  I've updated the OP with a few minor changes, which is noted at the bottom of the post.  Please take a gander.  I'll have Udal's application at least started tonight.

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,479 posts
    Last Visit

I am tentatively interested. I do have some questions, particularly about the S.E.D. Glove. When you state that the individual is gifted a single bending technique, what does that fully encompass? For example, are we talking technique as in a specific move in an element(i.e. the water whip) or being able to only control that single element(i.e. some gloves can only waterbend and others can only firebend, etc)?

Also, was Korra the last Avatar to date? 

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

I am tentatively interested. I do have some questions, particularly about the S.E.D. Glove. When you state that the individual is gifted a single bending technique, what does that fully encompass? For example, are we talking technique as in a specific move in an element(i.e. the water whip) or being able to only control that single element(i.e. some gloves can only waterbend and others can only firebend, etc)?

Also, was Korra the last Avatar to date?

Forgot to change single technique to single element. Will fix it when I'm off work. And yes, Korra is currently the last known Avatar.

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

My app is complete. I keep forgetting to ask about surnames and whatnot regarding waterbender families, but I can easily edit this app when I get an answer from the host.

The Resolute Runaway

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

My app is complete. I keep forgetting to ask about surnames and whatnot regarding waterbender families, but I can easily edit this app when I get an answer from the host.

The Resolute Runaway

Congrats on being the first to complete your application.  Let's talk about pros and cons right away since you've already put your feet in the water.

First and foremost, Anyu is a great name.  I think it's pretty, but kind of bold.  It's not "soft and cuddly" pretty.  But rather, "soothing and interesting" pretty.  It's pleasant to say and I like the way it sounds.  In regards to surnames, I won't make them a requirement.  As we can note from the Avatar anime, it wasn't uncommon to only have a first name.  And in most Eastern cultures, it's most common to derive your full name as a title.  For example, "The Fire Lord Zuko", or, "Korra of the Southern Water Tribe".  

In terms of appearance, I can tell right away what you were going for.  This is a very clear tribute to Toph, and I don't mind it at all.  In fact, it's subtle enough that it's not off-putting.  She reminds me a lot of my first impression of Avatar.  She could potentially be awesome and I don't even know it.  It's fun to imagine what the more plain characters could actually be capable of when you're trying to get to know them.

At first glance, her personality makes her sound bi-polar.  But thinking about it now, I feel like Anyu could just be a teenage girl going through the basic stages of maturity.  She's not crazy, she's just young and inexperienced with this many emotions and variables.  And that's fine.  It's realistic.

I also like that she came from a small town of water benders but chose to bend earth when Orthro gave her an S.E.D. glove.  It makes sense because it fits her background as a farm girl.  Naturally she would be drawn to the earth, and I feel like she would be willing to learn to bend Earth and find it exciting.

What I don't care for is the lack of boobs is the weather prediction.  I don't find it overpowering.  Not at all.  I find it kind of odd.  Not that it's forced, but rather it seems out of place.  Because weather isn't just something you can know.  Though it would be fair to say she could study things like weather patterns over days and try to predict the next storm, that would be fine and make more sense.  But flat out prediction is kinda 'eh'.  I don't like it but I don't dislike it.

Other than that, thanks for dropping the first app, and I look forward to possibly working with you again.

• Yui likes this

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

Congrats on being the first to complete your application.  Let's talk about pros and cons right away since you've already put your feet in the water.

First and foremost, Anyu is a great name.  I think it's pretty, but kind of bold.  It's not "soft and cuddly" pretty.  But rather, "soothing and interesting" pretty.  It's pleasant to say and I like the way it sounds.  In regards to surnames, I won't make them a requirement.  As we can note from the Avatar anime, it wasn't uncommon to only have a first name.  And in most Eastern cultures, it's most common to derive your full name as a title.  For example, "The Fire Lord Zuko", or, "Korra of the Southern Water Tribe".  

In terms of appearance, I can tell right away what you were going for.  This is a very clear tribute to Toph, and I don't mind it at all.  In fact, it's subtle enough that it's not off-putting.  She reminds me a lot of my first impression of Avatar.  She could potentially be awesome and I don't even know it.  It's fun to imagine what the more plain characters could actually be capable of when you're trying to get to know them.

At first glance, her personality makes her sound bi-polar.  But thinking about it now, I feel like Anyu could just be a teenage girl going through the basic stages of maturity.  She's not crazy, she's just young and inexperienced with this many emotions and variables.  And that's fine.  It's realistic.

I also like that she came from a small town of water benders but chose to bend earth when Orthro gave her an S.E.D. glove.  It makes sense because it fits her background as a farm girl.  Naturally she would be drawn to the earth, and I feel like she would be willing to learn to bend Earth and find it exciting.

What I don't care for is the lack of boobs is the weather prediction.  I don't find it overpowering.  Not at all.  I find it kind of odd.  Not that it's forced, but rather it seems out of place.  Because weather isn't just something you can know.  Though it would be fair to say she could study things like weather patterns over days and try to predict the next storm, that would be fine and make more sense.  But flat out prediction is kinda 'eh'.  I don't like it but I don't dislike it.

Other than that, thanks for dropping the first app, and I look forward to possibly working with you again.

This is quite the app review :O

Yeah the weather thing I was having some trouble figuring out how to word it, so I just went with whatever I could think of. You've basically put what I was trying to say into more appropriate words though. Will make the appropriate edits shortly.

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

The Resolute Runaway

Pretty much echo what Dad said, but I wanted to make a comment on the personal desire.

"Greatest Desire During the Quest: Find the cure for Elemental Dystrophy."

Every character is going to be searching for the cure. This is supposed to be what Anyu's personal desire is, aside from that. What is she looking to get out of this?

• Dad likes this
Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

Added Hakima's lore to the OP for some additional recent history of the world and the four nations, in addition to how E.D. affected each nation differently.  

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,602 posts
    Last Visit Aug 20 2019 06:37 PM

*Inhales and exhales deeply*

Alright...after a great deal of debating with myself...I'll say interest noted.

I'll see what I can do with an app...no guarantees...but Imma try!

----

A Burning Soul

• Dad likes this

Cherz

Cherz

Teddiursa!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

App incoming!

Karina

66503_1392417719.gif

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Cherz

Cherz

Teddiursa!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Better?

66503_1392417719.gif

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,602 posts
    Last Visit Aug 20 2019 06:37 PM

Better?

The app is fine now...but it's still currently bolded due to Hakima's quote of the afflicted app.

He removes that quote, everything will be fine. (I assume)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users