(Written) Full Payment

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Full Payment

[Counter Trap]

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, by paying their LP: They lose double the amount they would have paid instead.

Edit: K... People finally persuade me to change my mind on this. Made it far less situational.

This is incredibly broken and useless. No offenses meant. I am just saying that there are very few cards that actually pay half of your LP, and those that do are either not allowed or not needed (Solemn Judgement and Steelswarm Hercules as examples). But if your opponent actually does have an effect that pays half LP, then your opponent is screwed, unless they have a Counter Trap that can counter it. I would suggest bringing it down to just when your opponent pays LP and change it to a Normal Trap. Then it might see some play.

Guest BGMCANN0N

This is incredibly broken and useless. No offenses meant. I am just saying that there are very few cards that actually pay half of your LP, and those that do are either not allowed or not needed (Solemn Judgement and Steelswarm Hercules as examples). But if your opponent actually does have an effect that pays half LP, then your opponent is screwed, unless they have a Counter Trap that can counter it. I would suggest bringing it down to just when your opponent pays LP and change it to a Normal Trap. Then it might see some play.

Oh I know you meant know offense... And even if you did, it was naturally what I was going for anyways, incredibly broken, yet almost useless. It is called volatile balance as what one of my friends on here coined it as.

Rather than the balance of the card being determined by what it can do I let the balance be determined by how often it can be done which is very unlikely to point where it is extremely rewarding if one pulls it off. A lot of times if one would be compelled to use this, the situation is simple, it sits there and does nothing, or eventually gets blasted by Twin Twisters, and the likes. And you may cry a little (or a lot) when they finally do use the cost of paying half yet this doesn't line up at the moment.

Guest BGMCANN0N

That is true. But what if your opponent doesn't have a card effect that pays half LP? If you wanted, you could put this in Side Deck, but I doubt this card will see much play by itself.

I am not particularly introducing this idea to promote practicality or common usage among players. Rather, as you stated part of my point for me, it is a Side Deck option. I also intended this card to be a Holy Grail quest card for the daring: a lot of failure for the output of minimal success. In Casual Cards, some people simply want to design things without much regard to the common value of the community... Solely for the purpose of flavor and creative perspective. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a Joke Card, but I don't intend this to be a serious card either. It is a card that resides in the borders, at least within my point of view.

Also, note... I don't do these kind of ideas often. So don't worry about me shrouding CC with useless ideas. XD

I mean, it blocks stuff like Judgment (which is yes, banned) and some other cards, but unless the rulings got changed, you cannot pay any amount of LP that equals/exceeds the amount you currently have left. (Using this from Red Screen's OCG ruling [or some other card that had a note about this], but again, not sure if ruling got changed).

But yeah, this card is borderlining on being OTK fodder. For practicality, you can just make your opponent pay more LP until they hit 10 or something; it'll still fit into the boundaries of this game, but otherwise not really keen on this card's design. 

(I'd like to double check the cards that pay half their LP to do it, but Wikia is pathetic at finding certain strings, and the other two programs got shot because NAS filed C/D orders)

Guest BGMCANN0N

Ohhh I see... I looked at Soul Charge and thought that it's cost was paying LP: turns out it is actually "losing" LP... I noticed people using it to suicide when they had no options left which gave me the faulty assumption that you could pay your LP to death (could brush up on my careful reading and attention to detail). Thanks for the heads up on that ruling.

I'll at the the very least comply to the ruling, but I think I will stay true to what I was going with in the 1st place.

On second thought, I'll add a little more practicality as you mentioned... Feeling a little fickle tonight.

This looks like something I'd make when I'd feel sadistic...I see you have accepted the Volatile Balance, welcome my friend!

I see that this further expands on your hatered of counter-fairies and; assuming they don't have ariadne on board, this card whould make them very sad very quickly.

Or you know, any other deck that runs Solemn Warning/Strike//Scolding/etc (which most decks have at least 1 of), or Demise if they are like me, whould be hit by this.

Sure it probably won't have a chance to be used very often, but when it hits watch out! 

tl;dr 10/10 whould use again :)

Archived