[Finished]Sugoi Summer Showdown

[spoiler=Rules:]- All YCM and Card Contest rules apply. No spamming, trolling, flaming, etc.

- Aside from mod intervention, my say is final here.

- This thread may only be used for entering and questions regarding the contest and judging. Please take otherwise discussion to PM.

[spoiler=For Contestants]- Written cards are allowed, some things might be difficult to find art for. Name/Level/Attribute/Type/Stats/Effect need to be submitted at the very least in this case.Cards with a blank picture will not be accepted.

-Fake types and Attributes are not allowed.

- As I will only accept 12 contestants, please tell me in good time if you no longer want to participate for whatever reason, so I can open up for a new contestant if it happens.

- You are not allowed to change cards once submitted, but fixing errors and such is allowed. If I notice anything fundamental, like materials for an Extra Deck monster missing, I may point it out.

- You are free to elaborate on elements you think need explaining underneath your entry, but it's not necessary and I'll make sure that it won't make any particular difference.

- I will not judge on Grammar, but using PSCT is still preferred for general understanding of what the effect does. Using either TCG or OCG style is fine.

- Cards should be submitted in the thread.

- Submitting a couple of hours late to the deadline is okay, but I will stop submissions the next day.

[spoiler=For potential judges:]- Submit your grading rubric as soon as possible so I can include it in this OP.

- Please be as clear as possible with your rubric so the contestants know what you expect from them.

As per the judging rules, you cannot bring in a part of the score based solely on a card picture, and you cannot have an OCG score higher than 20% of the total.

- Make sure to tell me if you do are not able to anymore ASAP, so I know in time how much judging is to take place.

[spoiler=Deadline:]August 1, 11:59 PM

[spoiler=Requirement:] One, realistically created card. Simply put, I want you to make a card that could be conceived as "cute". I want to aww and squee at your card. I want to lose all potential manliness I might have left. I will be lenient on this, but there has to be some idea of the theme realized in your card. At the same time, you need to keep basic design in mind too.

[spoiler=Judges:]Judges:

1. Dragon Sage

Balance/Usability (40)

Interaction with other cards in the game. While Konami sometimes makes cards that break the game in half or cards that are totally useless, I do not want either of those extremes.

Flavor (40)

For a good score, the card's theme, whatever it may be, should be reflected throughout the card. If you manage to make even the idea of the card adorable, I'll be inclined to give a higher score.

Creativity (20)

I do not demand the invention of totally new concepts here, just playing around with what exists. The other aspects of the card can also play into this, as well as how you approached the theme.

[spoiler=Contestants:]Only 12 will be accepted. Contestants in bold have entered their cards.

1. Tori

2. Spinda

3. via1ne

4. VCR Cat

5. Yuuko Kazami

6. Brimtosis

7. Toadtotter

8. Unroyal Paladin

9. Valkyrus

10. Rowling

[spoiler=Pot and prizes:]Pot=4000 points

Donations are welcome~

1st place: 60% of pot and 5 likes

2nd place: 30% of pot and 3 likes

3rd place: 10% of pot and 1 like

hm, it's been a while since i entered a contest, may as well see how terrible i've become.

just to clarify though, in the case of written vs fully created, would the written card lose points for not having any design or art to speak of? in addition, when it somes to art, are there any restrictions? (besides not being lewd or too far from cute?)

beyond that though, i'll have my card in to you by monday. I'll be busy for the majority of the weekend, so it'll take me a bit to get something that i can be happy turning in.

I'll join! I'll join!

hm, it's been a while since i entered a contest, may as well see how terrible i've become.

just to clarify though, in the case of written vs fully created, would the written card lose points for not having any design or art to speak of? in addition, when it somes to art, are there any restrictions? (besides not being lewd or too far from cute?)

beyond that though, i'll have my card in to you by monday. I'll be busy for the majority of the weekend, so it'll take me a bit to get something that i can be happy turning in.

Written or not won't matter for score. Please be somewhat decent about your image of choice. Honestly, if you put effort into some part of your card being cute, I'll be open for a lot.

I'll be entering for sure

Everyone is accepted.

I should also note that Yuuko has requested entry by PM.

[spoiler= Entry]

0WuZfOO.jpg

If a Beast-Type monster leaves the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then Special Summon that monster that left the field. If this card is Special Summoned: You may banish 1 Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard; change the ATK and DEF of 1 monster on the field to 0. All face-up Beast-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each face-up Beast-Type monster you control.

The idea is that when a bear you control is destroyed it gets angry and blows it's whistle, calling back the bear and then the sound of the whistle startles the big bullies that scared the bear away =w=

I'll change the art when the version without the "SAMPLE" written on it comes out!

Lol you had any manliness to begin with?

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'll do it. I'm gonna do it. I shouldn't but I will.

This is my first card contest ever.

[spoiler=Entry]

❇︎

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

houwnRc.jpg

Pigs In a Blanket

✪✪

FIRE

[ Beast / Effect ]

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Put 3 Blanket Counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect while it has a Blanket Counter(s) on it. If your opponent summons a Level 6 or higher LIGHT or DARK monster: You can move 1 Blanket Counter from this card onto it. Monsters your opponent controls with a Blanket Counter(s) cannot be destroyed by battle, also their effects are negated and they cannot declare an attack.

ATK 0 / DEF 200

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

❇︎

Lol you had any manliness to begin with?

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'll do it. I'm gonna do it. I shouldn't but I will.

This is my first card contest ever.

Welcome in.

[spoiler=Dragon Spirit of Companionship]

690bb12a86.jpg

2 Level 2 Monsters

While this face-up card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Level 2 monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 2 monster from your Deck with the same Attribute but different name.

[spoiler=Dragon Spirit of Companionship]

690bb12a86.jpg

2 Level 2 Monsters
While this face-up card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Level 2 monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 2 monster from your Deck with the same Attribute but different name.

Thank you, noted.

[spoiler=Entry]

r1hcCo1.png

During your opponent's turn, when your opponent Special Summons a monster from their hand: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Jellyrossa, Terror of the Deep Seas" once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip that target to this card and negate its effects. This card gains 100 ATK for each card equipped to it by its effect.

I'll enter as well. I wonder if a card being strong interferes with the cuteness. Oh well, I had my fun creating it, here it is:

(( Note: The name is a pun, like what Konami does every so often. ))

[spoiler=entry]

Wg9RaFK.jpg

Ashikagirl

WIND

Level 4

Warrior/Effect

During either player's turn, if your opponent controls at least 2 Special Summoned monsters OR at least 1 Special Summoned Warrior-Type monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, monsters your opponent controls with ATK equal or lower than this card cannot attack until the end of your opponent's next turn. Only 1 "Ashikagirl" can be Special Summoned per turn this way. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if another monster you control battles: You can have that monster gain ATK equal to half this card's current ATK. 

Entering.
You didn't specify the number of entries one is allowed though. I made 4 different standalone cards for the contest, but I'll post just one for now until there's more info on the maximum number.

Hope you like it.

45cV0F6.jpg

During either player's turn, you can discard this card to target 1 face-up card you control that you can place a Spell Counter on: Place 1 Spell Counter on that card. You can remove 3 Spell Counters from anywhere on the field: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can use each effect of "Wimpy Witch & Fuzzy Familiar" only once per turn.

The very first line of the requirements spoiler specifies "one card". I guess I'll give you some leeway due to misunderstood information, so feel free to take your time considering which you'd like to enter.

I saw that, but some contests let you post multiple entries even when the requirement is a single card. "One card" doesn't specify the number of different entries a person can make, but the number of cards in a single entry.

Anyway, maybe I just got confused, but I got it, I'll leave the one I posted as my entry.

Archived