Thousand Archtype [10/?]

Zeaux

This Archtype is focused on gain and loss of ATK, and they are always multiples of 1000. The monsters names and effects are also biased by their stats: a Thousand monster always have 1000 ATK/DEF and are Level 4, while a Two Thousand monster will always have 2000 ATK/DEF and are Level 6. This is an exception for the Xyz monsters (and probably Fusion/Synchro in the future), their Levels/Rank can be different. I haven't seen a design like this from Konami or any other cards around here so I found these old ones in a Set of mine and decided to rework. Hope you find them balanced. Enjoy!

[spoiler=Monsters]

5k5D6vD.jpg

Thousand Knight

LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Thousand" monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can tribute 1 other "Thousand" monster; add "Thousand" monster(s) from your Deck to your hand whose combined ATK are equal to the tributed monster's ATK. You can only use this effect of "Thousand Knight" once per turn.

ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1000

J6Aj2F7.jpg

Thousand Sorcerer

DARK

Spellcaster/Effect

You can target 1 other "Thousand" monster you control; it loses 1000 ATK, then you can add 1 "Thousand" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. When the effect of a "Thousand" Spell/Trap Card resolves: Target 1 other "Thousand" monster; it gains 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can only use each effect of "Thousand Sorcerer" once per turn.

ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1000

XIkXHt6.jpg

Thousand Tiki

EARTH

Beast-Warrior/Effect

You can target 1 "Thousand" monster you control; it loses 1000 ATK, then you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When you do: You can target 2 "Thousand" monsters, 1 from your field and 1 from your Graveyard; return them to your hand. You can only Special Summon "Thousand Tiki" once per turn this way.

ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1000

xUGzbaM.jpg

Thousand Samurai

WIND

Warrior/Effect

If you control a "Thousand" monster whose ATK is exactly 1000 higher than its original ATK: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then target 1 "Thousand" monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase.

ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1000

Nmed6S5.jpg

Two Thousand Archknight

LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

If the sum of the ATK of all "Thousand" monster(s) you control are equal to 2000: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Two Thousand Archknight" once per turn this way. When you do: You can target 1 other "Thousand" monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent's next turn, and if it does, add 1 "Thousand" monster with 1000 ATK from your your Graveyard to your hand.

ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 2000

m2ddC04.jpg

Two Thousand Wizard

DARK

Spellcaster/Effect

You can reveal 2 "Thousand" monsters in your hand whose sum of the ATK are equal to 2000; Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do: You can make 1 "Thousand" monster you control gain 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent's next turn, then banish 1 "Thousand" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck, face-down; add that card to your hand during your next Standby Phase.

ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 2000

N5ZQ33y.jpg

Two Thousand Tribal

EARTH

Beast-Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 4 "Thousand" monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by the effect of monsters whose ATK is less than the ATK of this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains 2000 ATK until the End Phase but it cannot attack directly this turn.

ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 2000

5BsMTVI.jpg

Three Thousand Paladin

LIGHT

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 4 "Thousand" monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 2 or more "Thousand" monsters you control whose sum of the ATK equals to 3000 as the Xyz Materials. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can make up to 3 attacks during each Battle Phase this turn but can only attack directly once. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, negate that card effect instead. This effect of "Three Thousand Paladin" can only be used thrice per Duel.

ATK/ 3000 DEF/ 3000

[spoiler=Spell/Trap Cards]

uaqUM5a.jpg

Thousand Call

Normal Spell Card

Target 1 "Thousand" monster you control: Reduce its ATK by any multiples of 1000; Special Summon 1 "Thousand" monster from your Deck with ATK equal to the amount you reduced but different name from that target. You can only activate "Thousand Call" once per turn.

gVLsKt2.jpg

Thousand Barrier

Continuous Spell Card

If a "Thousand" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect: You can make that monster(s) lose 1000 ATK and DEF instead.

First thing of note is the number of "Thousand" cards already in the game today, with quite a few generics. I wonder how much of an issue that will be.

Knight has interesting effects, and really brings me to the theme of the archetype. They work, but there's one thing I'm unsure about. Normal Summon, make it 2k, ss Two Thousand Archknight, Tribute it to add 2 other Thousand monsters AND 3 THOUSAND-EYES IDOL. Of course, it might be completely pointless adding them, but it is a +4. Discard fodder, or something? Not to mention the fact that if you give up the space and add Relinquished and a poly Thousand-Eyes Restrict also becomes a thing. Again, this might be completely pointless, but the idea does some kind of cool, even if it probably isn't a threat.

Sorcerer's effect is pretty cool, especially the second effect...except you are lacking in Spell/Traps. You might be adding on to them later, but right now it's not too powerful, especially as the Thousand S/T in the actual game are normally for C/Number Xyzs. Great idea, though.

Tiki is great for speed, and allowing the ability to R4 easily. Not to mention the fact that if you don't want to immediately, you get a search for a card in your Graveyard. And it's not even mandatory! Good work, great card. OPT fits there perfectly, although I wish it was a little more flexible when it came to activation conditions.

I would normally like Samurai to have a just plain 1000 ATK difference condition, but no OPT on that, so that's probably fine as is. Last effect is pretty cool, but I wish that he had a control only 1 clause anyway, to stop you bringing out Knight then and SSing 4 of these from your hand. Still, helps for speed and for their abilities, nice work!

Apart from the afore-mentioned combo (with a reread also seems a little more dangerous late game with his second effect), again, very nice card. Makes me wish for more level modulation, but searches well and has great synergy without focusing on your ED. No OPT is required, and has a nice effect. Well done.

Wizard needs OPT on the summoning effect. I'm sorry, but if you draw 3, and the other two are normal thousand monsters, thats three searches next turn, and 9000 total damage. At this point, it doesn't seem very well designed, but the concept can be pulled off well. Just be sure for these more easily achieved conditions to have some more restrictions on them in some form.

Tribal is what I want to see in a boss. The inner card designer in me wants him to be generic but I know that you can't have a cool effect like that with easier summoning conditions. Basically twice while face-up immunity to monster effects for a turn, and a great beater. Fits the theme of the archetype, does being a boss in a good way. Can't see many threats there, other than massive damage combined with the above cards.

Unsure about the OCG in this last xyz's last effect, but it's a great idea. Tone down the Summoning conditions though; I know you want to use the Level 6s, but this archetype can easily R4 spam, so limit it a little more so that is is harder to get out. Combined with the above monster, you become immune to field nukes. Combined with the fact that it doesn't destroy...yeah. Immune to Solemsn and the like as well. Definitely needs some nerfing,

Thousand call makes me want to see more support for this archetype, and has a neat effect which makes you want to actually run S/T in your deck, aside from wizard, of course. Has OPT, and rather strong condition for the archetype, makes it a good card.

Barrier is very fun, but it's kind of weak in the current incarnation. Not to mention the fact that destruction isn't used that often in today's meta, but losing 1000 ATK permanently can really hit the archetype hard, considering it only protects against destruction. Either limit it till end of the turn or gain other immunities.

Never thought I'd see this concept be so creative. Great archetype, even if it is a little powerful, and I hope to see it expand!

Archived