Reality Warpers, Cards that screw the rules (written for now)

infinity234

Some of my favorite cards currently in the game are cards like number 92, number 9, Conscription, Exchange, Present Exchange, Conversion of Nature and etc. that just play with how the game is normally played. So I figured to create an archetype of Monsters whose sole purpose is to just screw around with how the game is usually played. I created 6 monsters (1 for each attribute) and a field spell which allows for them to be special summoned a little easier. I made the monsters level 9 because, like level 11, its an underused level for monsters. Let Me know what you guys think :)

[spoiler=Field Spell]

Reality Warp Central

Field Spell Card

The summon and effects of "Reality Warper" monsters cannot be negated. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Reality Warper" monster to draw 2 cards. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you do not control more than 1 "Reality Warper" special summoned by this cards effect, you can special summon 1 "Reality Warper" monster from your hand or deck. 

[spoiler=Monsters]

Reality Warper - Dosvlinda

Lv. 9 Wind Warrior-type 0/3000

While this card is face-up on the field, swap the original attack and defense of all monsters on the field. Any effect that would increase the attack or defense of a monster on the field decreases the affected stat by the same amount. Once per turn, during the your End Phase, both players select 1 card from their respective decks and set them on their opponents side of the field.

Reality Warper - Flikegnudam

Lv. 9 Water Insect-type 2700/2700

This card can attack while in face-up defense position (apply defense when attacking when using this effect). Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls, equip it to this card as an equip spell card. When a monster declares an attack, flip a coin, then apply the following effects based on the result:

Heads: Niether player's monster can be destroyed until the end of the damage step, but all battle damage is doubled.
Tails: Flip both monsters Face-down, but do not change their battle positions.

Reality Warper - Jughefrinil
Lv. 9 Fire Beast-type 2500/2500
While this card is face-up on the field, the names of all cards face-up on the field become "Reality Warper - Jughefrinil". Neither player can add cards from their deck to their hand, except by drawing them. Both players can only summon up to 2 monsters per turn (negated summons do not count towards this limit). Once per turn, during either players turn, you can banish your entire hand face-up, then your opponent selects 1 of the cards to place either at the top or bottom of the deck. During the end phase, return all cards still banished by this cards off to the hand.

Reality Warper - Letrenviu
Lv. 9 Earth Plant-type 2000/2000
If this card is summoned successfully, destroy this card. If this card is in the graveyard or the banished zone because it was sent there because of this cards effect, you can activate the following effects:
1. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase, you can inflict damage to your opponent equal to this card's attack (the activation and resolution of this effect counts as a direct attack).
2. Once per turn, at the start of either player's Draw Phase, You can activate this effect, The turn player must draw the card for their normal draw from the bottom of the deck.
You can only use each effect of "Reality Warper - Letrenviu" once per turn.

Reality Warper - Quenxitrepul
Lv. 9 Light Fiend-type 2300/2800
Once per turn, you can make both players reveal their hands until the end phase, then flip face-up all set cards on the field, but then return them to their original positions. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, both players must turn their respective Decks upside down and proceed with the current Duel. While this card is face-up, when a monster is summoned, that monster loses 1000 atk. If a monsters atk reaches 0 because of this effect, destroy that card.

Reality Warper - Tengiau
Lv. 9 Dark Spellcaster-type 0/0
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card battles an opponents monster, your opponent takes all battle damage you would have taken. Once per turn, you can make both players reveal their hands, then each player selects 1 monster in their opponents hand (if any) and special summons that monster to their side of the field, ignoring the summoning conditions. This effect cannot be activated if you do not have a monster in your hand.

• 2 months later...

This would be a really good Idea for a archtype. I hope you don't mind but I think I thought of a really good support card.

Field Spell (Didn't think of a name maybe Void Something?)

If ethier player were to normal summon a level 4 or lower monster they must tribute 2 monsters (This is treated as a tribute summon). If a level 7 or higher monster would be normal summoned, it must be normal summoned without tribute. During a players draw phase the turn player's opponent draws 1 card instead.

Also another kind of effect that I think would be cool is that, maybe if an monster had the effect; any card effects that would target a card your opponent controls must target a card you control instead and vice versa

Personally I like the idea

I know you're new and all, but if you read the section rules, these kinds of comments aren't acceptable under the Advanced Clause. While this is technically fine (in saying you like the idea), you also need to back it up with some reasoning with regard to how the card(s) are designed. You aren't required to know the competitive game, just so we are clear. 

Archived