Karmic Eruption (Swallow Strike for Fairies)

You see, I've noticed- from Swallow Strike to Icarus Attack to Fish Depth Charge to Fire Lake of the Dante's Inferno Ripoffs to blahblahblah  anyways, in Tribute to the Archlords and Darklords (my 2nd favorite Archetype), THIS.

karmic_eruption_by_bdsceptyr-da9cm2v.png

[spoiler=Karmic Eruption]

Normal Trap Card

Lore: Target 1 Fairy-Type monster you control; destroy it, and if you do, send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard, then you can destroy 1 card on the field. When a Fairy-Type monster(s) you control leaves the field, except by being sent to the Graveyard (by battle or by card effect): You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard with the same Attribute as 1 of those removed monsters: Special Summon it, but its effects are negated this turn. You can only use this effect of "Karmic Eruption" once per turn.

Review, revel, you know the drill, let's get to spelunking.

BDS, signing off. 

WITH THIS: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sdkj_CQklI

An interesting card, to be sure. But it has a glaring flaw in its lack of OPT in its second effect. With it, you could generate a full field of Fairy's with ease, since there's (as I've said earlier) no OPT. So, that's one thing you're going to need. Also, usually effects like that require the card in question to be banished, and I honestly think that you've got to choose between the OPT or the banishment. Ignoring that, this card does what it does, and does it well. Not only does it give you banishment fodder, but it gives you non-targeting, non-destruction removal (and destruction removal, but we're ignoring that), which is very, very nice. The only unfortunate thing is that this card's a Trap Card, making it inherently slow. But still, it's a good card nonetheless.

Overall, a nice addition to the pool of Fairy support in the world. Though, perhaps its second effect is too good for its own good, especially with Cyber Angels being as good as they are. Though I'm not too sure if they'd use it (I'm not a Fairy expert, here), if they did, they'd have a very, very potent Trap Card. 3.5/5

Archived