Ghostrick Pendulums and Spell

98rbake

Ghostrick Beelze (DARK) LV 1 PS:1/1

Pendulum effect: You can Pendulum Summon level 1 "Ghostrick" monsters any time you could Pendulum Summon a level 2 monster. If you Special Summon a monster, other than a "Ghostrick" monster: Destroy this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can send 2 "Ghostrick" cards from your hand and/or your side of the field to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster on the field; flip it face-down.

Monster effect:

Fiend/Pendulum/Flip/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a face-up "Ghostrick" monster. Once per turn: You can flip this card into face-down defense position. If this card is flipped face-up: Double the DEF of all monsters you control.

ATK: 100/ DEF: 2000

Ghostrick Bugaboo (DARK) LV 3 PS: 4/4

Pendulum effect: You can Pendulum Summon level 1 "Ghostrick" monsters any time you could Pendulum Summon a level 2 monster. If you Special Summon a monster, other than a "Ghostrick" monster: Destroy this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 2 "Ghostrick" cards from your graveyard and target 1 face-down monster on the field; banish it face-down.

Monster effect:

Fiend/Pendulum/Flip/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a face-up "Ghostrick" monster. Once per turn: You can flip this card into face-down defense position. When this card is flipped face-up, you can activate this effect: If it was flipped face-up during your opponent's turn: You can target 1 monster they control; attach both this card and the target (if any) to a Xyz monster you control as Xyz material.

ATK: 1500/ DEF: 0

Ghostrickery (SPELL) Normal

Target up to 5 "Ghostrick" monsters that are banished or in your graveyard: Shuffle 4 (or all, if less than 4) into your Deck, then put the rest (if any) into your hand, and if a card is put into your hand this way, draw a card. You can only activate 1 "Ghostrickery" per turn. You cannot attack for the rest of the turn after you activate this card.

Was playing some ghostricks on devpro and noticed that although extremely powerful in certain matchups, their true potential is being held back. Through my rigorous testing, I found they needed a source of definite removal, a way to accelerate, and an outlet to get rid of the unwanted monsters on the board, as well as a way to get back useful monsters. I felt these pendulum monsters both accelerate, offer a fair exchange for removal, as well as produce an outlet to un-clog the board. The spell card on the other hand, is an excellent way to recover ghostricks that have been sent to the graveyard or banished for one reason or another, and offers draw power for late game usage. Let me know what you think (and if my OCG is a little off feel free to correct it).

Archived