F*** Dyscordtopia V2, Corruption Still Rampant imo

alright. so long as you're thinking it over, i only have a few things to say, look at the post above, a rational, thought out argument. now, others may disagree with your argument, but you have made your case clearly and established all needed points. you may be right or wrong in your actions, but you've made a more logical case, with fewer insults. which is worthy of some respect from all sides.

just because you didn't like his tone, would not excuse your continuing. sure, make a final joke or two to end upon if it bugs you, but continuing past that wouldn't be in your best interests in any case.

as for tone, if you're relatively close to somebody, or at least know them well enough, tone and sarcasm would be easy to figure out. but that's not the case here. i doubt striker knows you well enough for such a thing.

as for striker going off at anything, i need to hear from striker in that case, what he did and didn't go off on. i would assume the mods who read the backlog of the chat would have taken that into account though, 

if what you're asking for is reforms, then that is something you have to stress more than the issue of your punishment, you indeed stress it, but the tone of your original article comes of as more resentful of your punishment than you actually wanting reform. you never directly ask for a lifting of your punishment, but under the situation, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have seen it as such.

as for discord reform. i'm never there. so i have no input.

Thanks for addressing the fact that I pointed out everything in my argument, and yes, I've been contemplating your words. However, I haven't come to a conclusive decision yet.

I agree with your second paragraph wholeheartedly in terms of both logic and reasoning. However, I'm still a troll imo so... =3

Next, it's a strange area to discuss on determining tone/sarcasm, because I believe that it applies differently for every individual. I suppose we can have a debate/poll about it, but then it'll be completely irrelevant to the current situation. I myself seem to find no trouble in determining the mood or sarcasm from a stranger online, so this becomes more of an ambiguous point in this discussion.

For the fourth paragraph, his PM's to me was related to the Potato jokes, so that's one area he went off on from what he sent. The biggest example I can give of him exploding would be the Undertale reference thing I did with Undyne. He went off both publicly and privately for that matter.

It wasn't unreasonable to assume that it was initially about me whining about my punishment when I re-read my previous posts. I suppose that some may have interpreted that way by the way I had first called out the Mods. 

The Discord reforms is to again, put more limitations on the power of the Mods on there. As I've said about being punished continuously out of nowhere without a direct reason being provided, it irked me to the point of continuing to dodge them.  So I pointed out the 2 major issues on here with their powers.

As much as I don't want to post here, Yuuji there is one crucial thing you are misunderstanding:

Discord is NOT YCM.

Alrighty, first point. Discord is not YCM, correct. Didn't I call out Dad for trying to tell me what warning points were for? There sure as hell isn't any on Discord. Moving on:

Discord chat is structured like Twitch.

And twitch has literally the same system. Why? Because yes, mods can abuse they're powers, but at that point they shouldn't be mods. They don't need reasoning. If they feel for any single instance you are being toxic to the chat, they have every right to time you out for a period of time based on what they feel is appropriate. It doesn't stop you from watching the twitch. It doesn't stop you from messaging people. All it does is stop you from chatting.

And I know, because I'm a mod on twitch for one of my friends, and he's at least popular enough to be partnered, so it's not some who cares thing. There's some responsibility that comes with it. Hell I took the time out of MY life to help fix a stupid API for his nightbot, cuz only 2 mods in his stream knew how to code.

I digress, but just not me that I know from personal experience that, in a structure like this, the procedure is ALWAYS:

1) Verbal Warning. You are told to stop, either by message or in chat. This can be subtle, or can be direct. If you ignore this, we move to:

The mods completely skipped 1, so moving on:

2) Timeout. This step CAN skip step 1 if the offense requires immediate action. Repeat this step in varying timeout lengths, and if they still refuse to comply:

Without any reason given? "Requires immediate action" eh? Sorry for being English.

Me: "POTATO!"

Mod: "Timeout!" (If they even actually say anything before doing so imo, in which they don't)

3) Ban. They cannot chat. The only way to lift the ban is for a Mod or higher status to lift the ban, so you must contact them directly and discuss terms of lifting it.

And yet again, I've stressed the fact to death that I was not banned for my jokes; I was "banned" for continuing to dodge their stupid Time-outs. Oh wait, I was kicked from the server with the invites locked, but I suppose that it's somewhat close I guess?

That's it. So stop trying to turn this into a personal vendetta. Discord is not YCM. It has its own system. Therefore, you cannot use YCM logic to discuss why a completely separate system is unfair. If you believe it to be so, then take it up with Discord on Their forums. Salvage some form of dignity and stay reasonable. Because in all honesty I read through every single post of this whole thread, and if this were twitch I would with out a doubt time you out for how toxic your arguments are. Once you had a chance to cool off, you come back and move on. It's simple.

The fact is, the Discord channel and YCM are connected, albeit somewhat indirectly. If the mods, for example, cannot utilize their powers properly and fairly on a place like Discord because they are swayed by personal emotions in making their decisions, then what's to say that they are being proper mods here on YCM?

Also, were you even there at the time to be discussing as if you know everything? Just because you're experienced on Twitch, it doesn't give yourself a proper case for your reasoning and explanations by automatically calling me unreasonable. I've stated my case, I provided my logic and argumentation, so how is this unreasonable?

*doesn't read any of this horseshit*

... I'd kinda like an answer to this.

It's kinda complicated. For example, Soulfire explicitly stated that all YCM Mods would automatically receive Mod Position or higher on the Discord Channel once they join, so they have power over the rest of the members as they do on YCM.

I can't really provide an exact answer, but it's more or less indirectly linked.

Sounds like the answer is a resounding "no" then?

From my understanding, YCM rules don't govern Discord. Stop dragging non-YCM stuff to YCM.

in my opinion

See, the issue is that some people believe that it's linked, while others don't. However, the fact still stands that Moderators on YCM automatically receive a position of equal or higher on the Discord channel once they join.

To be fair, the automatic placement of power suggests some type of linkage, doesn't it?

Going back on my point of moderators being incapable of using their powers on Discord, regardless of them being new or not, and are swayed by personal emotions in their decision making, then should they still hold their position of power on the website as well?

In all honesty, we can debate the fairness of putting more limitations on their powers, as I've stressed in my 2 points that I no longer wish to copy and paste. I never once suggested that Dsicord was YCM. I only pointed out the wrongs in the mods having unlimited powers in the Discord chat.

See, the issue is that some people believe that it's linked, while others don't. However, the fact still stands that Moderators on YCM automatically receive a position of equal or higher on the Discord channel once they join.

To be fair, the automatic placement of power suggests some type of linkage, doesn't it?

Going back on my point of moderators being incapable of using their powers on Discord, regardless of them being new or not, and are swayed by personal emotions in their decision making, then should they still hold their position of power on the website as well?

In all honesty, we can debate the fairness of putting more limitations on their powers, as I've stressed in my 2 points that I no longer wish to copy and paste. I never once suggested that Dsicord was YCM. I only pointed out the wrongs in the mods having unlimited powers in the Discord chat.

That's because it was designed by the host to be similar to YCM.

Similar? Yes. Linked? Maybe. But that doesn't mean that it's an official branch off the YCM site. You could make your own discord and give your own chosen people moderator powers, but I fail to see how that relates to here.

You say you never once suggested Discord was YCM, but you are definitely suggesting that this Discord is a branch of normal YCM. I have seen no evidence of such, no "official chat' mention anywhere. It was just started for the YCM people to chat more easily, the creator decided to give people power based on YCM, etc.

Pointing out the wrongs of giving people unlimited power in something? Well, yeah. Go ahead. But I don't see what needs to be discussed. It has been almost unaminous that what you got was deserved. Yes, I understand that if you believe that the mods are being corrupt and are not doing their duty properly, making a stance is right. But the problem here is that while I can see people here who may understand where you're coming from, I haven't seen someone who agrees with you.

If I believe that a moderator(s) of a forum/chat are corrupt, and I start a discussion on it, and discussion is allowed, AND the members of the site believe that they aren't being corrupt (at least for this instance or not to level you are saying), then one of two things is going on. Either nobody's corrupt to that level, or everyone is. Either way, there's not much you can do.

In any case, what is actually being discussed here? If this really is only about the power of mods on discord, don't try to mix in YCM. If this is about mods in general, my points above still stand as far as I see.

*Sniffs air*

Ah, nothing like tearing apart an argument in the start of the day. I can literally smell the sheep through my monitor screen.

That's because it was designed by the host to be similar to YCM.

Similar? Yes. Linked? Maybe. But that doesn't mean that it's an official branch off the YCM site. You could make your own discord and give your own chosen people moderator powers, but I fail to see how that relates to here.

You say you never once suggested Discord was YCM, but you are definitely suggesting that this Discord is a branch of normal YCM. I have seen no evidence of such, no "official chat' mention anywhere. It was just started for the YCM people to chat more easily, the creator decided to give people power based on YCM, etc.

Doubt that the powers were given just because Soulfire liked the Moderators, but that'ssomewhat irrelevant. Let's see what else you're trying to bring up.

Pointing out the wrongs of giving people unlimited power in something? Well, yeah. Go ahead. But I don't see what needs to be discussed. It has been almost unaminous that what you got was deserved. Yes, I understand that if you believe that the mods are being corrupt and are not doing their duty properly, making a stance is right. But the problem here is that while I can see people here who may understand where you're coming from, I haven't seen someone who agrees with you.

Sheeple 110% imo. Look mate, the earth being the center of the solar system would've still been the predominant planetary model had it not for scientists who disproved it otherwise. Of course, did you think that everyone agreed with Galileo when he introduced his theory? Hell no.

Sure, you haven't SEEN someone who agrees with me, so you decide that it's a problem? I provided logic and reasonings, as well as evidence, behind the points that I make. Does it look like I am bothered by the fact that the majority of posts here are against me? Nope, because I'll just tear them apart, just like what I'm doing right now.

What you're implying right now from my point of view is that you're following the majority. This makes your argument incredibly weak, if not invalid. Moving on.

If I believe that a moderator(s) of a forum/chat are corrupt, and I start a discussion on it, and discussion is allowed, AND the members of the site believe that they aren't being corrupt (at least for this instance or not to level you are saying), then one of two things is going on. Either nobody's corrupt to that level, or everyone is. Either way, there's not much you can do.

I agree on the last point atleast. However, since some Mods have already decided to show up before disappearing, I atleast have gotten their attention. Sure, it may or may not be successful, but I'll still do my best in pushing for reforms and limitations on their powers on Discord, regardless if the general populace supports me or not. Besides, how many of the general populace was even on Discord at the time of the incidents?

If they feel that it is illogical to place limitations on the powers and prefer a communist dictatorship... It's too late for them to be helped imo.

In any case, what is actually being discussed here? If this really is only about the power of mods on discord, don't try to mix in YCM. If this is about mods in general, my points above still stand as far as I see.

From what I see, I believe that Discord is validly linked to YCM enough so that both areas should receive the same amount of limitations on Moderator powers. What is being discussed here are the issues I felt after my own experience on Discord, which then went more or less off topic at times. 

Besides, I apparently was punished for somehow contributing to Thar's permaban. That's all they told me, and didn't disclose any other details. Even now, I still don't even know what I did for that incident.

Note that it was here that I was eventually kicked and locked for trying to confront the mods on this incident, by hopping their continuous punishment.

What the funk did you just funking say about me, you little jabroni? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the funk out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my funking words. You think you can get away with saying that sheet to me over the Internet? Think again, funker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across theUSA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re funking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little sheet. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you woul​d have held your funking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will sheet fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re funking dead, kiddo.

Scientific progress not being publicly accepted is a completely different situation from yours, and Galileo being the tragic figure who went unbelieved in his lifetime is definitely not the same as what you are. Don't insult science.

Same example in context.  I only used the example regarding the unfair persecution of scientists during the reign of the Roman Catholic Church, including Galileo. After all, I was punished for Thar getting himself permabanned because I somehow "pushed" him to do it. As far as I know, I cannot recall such a thing happening.

The idea of my suggested reforms are being ignored is merely a minor example of similarity, as Christianity was the predominant religion that governed the life of individuals. After all, the belief back then was that going against the Church meant a one way ticket to hell.

I am not insulting science. In fact, I wish to devote my life to it once I start my Science Honors program in university. If you're not going to make an argument that's relevant to the topic in question, then you should save yourself the effort of trying to call me out.

What the funk did you just funking say about me, you little jabroni? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the funk out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my funking words. You think you can get away with saying that sheet to me over the Internet? Think again, funker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across theUSA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re funking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little sheet. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you woul​d have held your funking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will sheet fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re funking dead, kiddo.

Too long, didn't read.

That's their problem. If they want to wear tinfoil hats and act like retards, why does YCM have to accommodate them?

The fact still lies that the mods did reply in the beginning (before disappearing), so they do somewhat more or less care about what happens on Discord. I still want answers to some unanswered questioned, as well as introduce reforms regardless.

What are you fighting for again?

AUNT BIRDIE BEING MOD.

P0000000RN (JK, THAT WOULD BE DISGUSTING IMO)

FREE MY AFRICAN AMERICAN THAR... After a year hopefully.

Valid reforms that would limit the risk of individuals in higher power from abusing those powers, and gives more power to the general populace in which they would be able to have a chance at a fair trial before any punishment be issued, as well as hold the punishers accountable for their actions.

Explain how and what did I do push Thar to permaban himself, because I was continuously punished at the time with no explanation given, and then finding out about this BS on YCM after I was kicked and locked. Like can I actually know exactly what I did please?

Oh yeah, and you removing that GODDAMN SIG! >=,(

Reform isn't going to happen. The concept of abuse always comes with a mod position. The problem here is the anonymity, so if someone abuses, we don't know who to call out, but that is a discord problem in itself, and that can't be changed by us.

Reform isn't going to happen. The concept of abuse always comes with a mod position. The problem here is the anonymity, so if someone abuses, we don't know who to call out, but that is a discord problem in itself, and that can't be changed by us.

It might not be able to be changed by us directly, but I still feel that a stance be made upon this. After all, the Mods' attention have been caught, albeit briefly, before they disappeared and left more unanswered questions.

Evilfusion did make the point of a permaban on YCM did prevent the punished from knowing who did it, but as I pointed out, to compare a mild scenerio to the worst case scenerio was inaccurate. Not only that, warnings on YCM were given in the form of points, which shows who gave those points out. Since the mods talked about how they gave out these so called "warnings" before on Discord, then they should have no qualms about revealing their identity before giving out a punishment. 

However, at this point, it just becomes questionable if they disagree on having more boundaries placed on their powers. All they did was to raise more questions in terms of how they act in their positions of power, and leaving them unanswered.

Sorry, I really like it. (shoutout to Tormey my mang)

Pieces of sheet imo. >=,(

"To sum that up, Striker was trying to talk about something and Yuuji kept quoting something from Undertale 'the wind is howling' indicating Striker was just the wind or some sheet. Yuuji kept doing that with everything Striker said until he got fed up with it and Yuuji didn't stop, which is when I joined in cause, you know, Undertale was my jam. Next thing I know I was being looked down upon for harassing Striker alongside Yuuji and I felt terrible, so I apologized, but Yuuji felt no humility whatsoever." -Thar

So, would you like to try the part about "the wind is howling" not being an insult towards me again? You see, you have a history of not stopping when someone asks you to. You claim I was overreacting, but how is it overreacting when you did it every time I spoke during the duration you did it?

Archived