Oh! Hello YCMaker.

Glad to see you buddy. Good thing you returned none of my forms of communications and instead decided that the best thing to do would be to completely ignore me and say "nah m8 i'm ight, what's broke ill fix it then leave again"

I'm not pissed off that you said no. I'm pissed off at the complete lack of any form of communication. You've given no one any form of understanding of what your plans are for the site and you have no intentions to hand the torch over to another member, because for some reason in your mind-you think leaving for months on end and then coming back to do absolutely nothing (apart from fixing something broken) is in anyway acceptable.

So the comments and suggestions I have for the site are as follows.

- I understand this was some young teenagers test site to play around with coding and such. I get that, fully understood, but if you had no intentions of sticking with a community then why do you cling a hold of it like a childhood teddy bear?

- If you don't want someone else to own and manage the site that's fine but please explain what on earth you plan on doing and how it's going to effect the forum. 

- Make evilfusion an Administrator. Just do it, give someone some form of ability to govern the site with a bit more leeway than just coming back like "hey guys waddup, I know you no-lifers are still here and all, that's fine! Let me pretend like I give a funk and then leave again. Oh somethings broken!? It's a damn shame there isn't a user group that could have the access to resolve the issues... hmm that's a darn shame."

- Speak to your community that you've created over the years, rather than being this silent person who doesn't quite know what is going on with this site. THE FACT that you asked "so what's broken??" to the mods just shows how little you give a funk.

For the love of good just speak to us man. We ain't some funking group of like mindless babies, this isn't North Korea mate. Although you do seem to be acting a bit like our big boy Kim Jong Un at the moment. I don't know what has suddenly made me care for this site but seeing someone just throw something as cool and in depth as this community is gut wrenching. I care for these users, some of them are my friends. I don't get along with some of them but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their presence on the site. If anything not being friends with everyone showcases how wide a variety of a community that has been built here.

I know you ain't going to read this but I look forward to hearing back to you. Just like I said in all my forms of communications although this time, I would like to hope that I get some form of reply.

Lots of love, some dude from the U.K.

Think about it from YCMaker's point of view.

He doesn't care about the community.

He makes money off the website.

He doesn't know anyone here or the staff.

The large majority of YCM visits come from the card maker.

Why would he give access to administrative powers that can hurt his income to a person he doesn't know to help revitalize a community he doesn't care about?  It's much easier for him to just move on with his life and do the bare minimum to keep the money flowing.  You can't really fault a guy for that.

"The large majority of YCM visits come from the card maker."

Huge problem with this logic. See, the cardmaker isn't up to date. As such, people keep complaining and traffic isn't as high as it could/would/should be if the card maker was up to date.

The registration glitch impacts this too. See, most people make an account to save their cards. If there is a glitch that prevents then to do so, traffic decreases. If YCMaker truly cared about maximizing his ad revenue, then he would fix the things that really need to be addressed.

Would you say traffic would increase if the issues were fixed?

Maybe a bit. Registration wouldn't affect it though since there are always 10x more guests than registered users online and there always has been.  Adding pendulums might help but I'd best most casuals are actually just making monster cards anyway.  Regardless the best thing for increasing hits would be search engine optimization.  I don't know if google suggests ycm first for everyone but it does for me and at that point there isn't much more you can do.

• Administrators

Glad to see you buddy. Good thing you returned none of my forms of communications and instead decided that the best thing to do would be to completely ignore me and say "nah m8 i'm ight, what's broke ill fix it then leave again"

I'm not pissed off that you said no. I'm pissed off at the complete lack of any form of communication. You've given no one any form of understanding of what your plans are for the site and you have no intentions to hand the torch over to another member, because for some reason in your mind-you think leaving for months on end and then coming back to do absolutely nothing (apart from fixing something broken) is in anyway acceptable.

So the comments and suggestions I have for the site are as follows.

- I understand this was some young teenagers test site to play around with coding and such. I get that, fully understood, but if you had no intentions of sticking with a community then why do you cling a hold of it like a childhood teddy bear?

- If you don't want someone else to own and manage the site that's fine but please explain what on earth you plan on doing and how it's going to effect the forum. 

- Make evilfusion an Administrator. Just do it, give someone some form of ability to govern the site with a bit more leeway than just coming back like "hey guys waddup, I know you no-lifers are still here and all, that's fine! Let me pretend like I give a funk and then leave again. Oh somethings broken!? It's a damn shame there isn't a user group that could have the access to resolve the issues... hmm that's a darn shame."

- Speak to your community that you've created over the years, rather than being this silent person who doesn't quite know what is going on with this site. THE FACT that you asked "so what's broken??" to the mods just shows how little you give a funk.

For the love of good just speak to us man. We ain't some funking group of like mindless babies, this isn't North Korea mate. Although you do seem to be acting a bit like our big boy Kim Jong Un at the moment. I don't know what has suddenly made me care for this site but seeing someone just throw something as cool and in depth as this community is gut wrenching. I care for these users, some of them are my friends. I don't get along with some of them but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their presence on the site. If anything not being friends with everyone showcases how wide a variety of a community that has been built here.

I know you ain't going to read this but I look forward to hearing back to you. Just like I said in all my forms of communications although this time, I would like to hope that I get some form of reply.

Lots of love, some dude from the U.K.

Sorry friend, didn't mean to offend. Things are pretty busy for me outside of YCM, I did plan on responding to your email but when I found out there was a problem with registration I put that at the highest priority. Like I said, I'm not interested in selling the site or transferring ownership. I can bucket my time to fixing issues / upgrading functionality about once every couple weeks. If you'd like to be in charge of aggregating issues and highest priority items and then emailing me occasionally, I will do my best to keep up communication and keep things rolling. How does that sound?

Sorry friend, didn't mean to offend. Things are pretty busy for me outside of YCM, I did plan on responding to your email but when I found out there was a problem with registration I put that at the highest priority. Like I said, I'm not interested in selling the site or transferring ownership. I can bucket my time to fixing issues / upgrading functionality about once every couple weeks. If you'd like to be in charge of aggregating issues and highest priority items and then emailing me occasionally, I will do my best to keep up communication and keep things rolling. How does that sound?

I'm offended in the sense that there was no communication at all. Not even a tweet or a reply to my messages but I understand we all live lives.

If you want to respond to my email that's fine, this was just triggered out of a sense of a continued non-communication between the site and the mod team.

So long as you fix issues on a regular basis and are transparent with the users and moderators then I see no issues however, I still believe you need to apoint an active administrator. Evilfusion is the most level headed person on the moderator team and as such I would recommend him as your prime candidate.

As for being in charge of the aggregating of issues, then I will accept however that is up to the Mod Team as well as the Users of the site, as if they are not happy with my appointment then I should not be the one to be in charge of communicating with you.

Apologies for appearing rude but this has been years of pent up frustration.

• Administrators

I'm offended in the sense that there was no communication at all. Not even a tweet or a reply to my messages but I understand we all live lives.

If you want to respond to my email that's fine, this was just triggered out of a sense of a continued non-communication between the site and the mod team.

So long as you fix issues on a regular basis and are transparent with the users and moderators then I see no issues however, I still believe you need to apoint an active administrator. Evilfusion is the most level headed person on the moderator team and as such I would recommend him as your prime candidate.

As for being in charge of the aggregating of issues, then I will accept however that is up to the Mod Team as well as the Users of the site, as if they are not happy with my appointment then I should not be the one to be in charge of communicating with you.

Apologies for appearing rude but this has been years of pent up frustration.

When you say appoint an active administrator, what do you anticipate they would need access to that is currently off-limits? 

The ability to resolves issues like the registration glitches, the ability to modify the cardmaker, the ability to make larger site changes like new themes or new plugins, the ability to see the actual backend and be able to modify coding.

I've never been a super so I wouldn't know specifics, if I had the exact list I could say but above are some suggestions at the very least.

The ability to resolves issues like the registration glitches, the ability to modify the cardmaker, the ability to make larger site changes like new themes or new plugins, the ability to see the actual backend and be able to modify coding.

I've never been a super so I wouldn't know specifics, if I had the exact list I could say but above are some suggestions at the very least.

I'm pretty sure the Supers do have access to the card maker iirc. Problem is that they don't want to go along and screw up the code while adding Pendulums and such. The other stuff sounds like the list tbh.

This is why you use a test site to attempt the changes before pushing anything live. Literally coding basics but I get you.

I get that, yet there is always the risk of something going wrong, and the Supers never wanted to take the chance for the bigger stuff in the card maker. IIRC, Rinne can code and either JoshIcy or his contacts can too. We do have resources tbh, just gotta use then.

I'm pretty sure the Supers do have access to the card maker iirc. Problem is that they don't want to go along and screw up the code while adding Pendulums and such. The other stuff sounds like the list tbh.

Actually, that bit's not true anymore. Everything in the Look and Feel module (such as skin templates, the logo, etc) requests a password for some unknown reason, and has for a couple weeks (at least). Don't remember when I changed the logo back from the lights, but it was less than a few months ago, so the inaccess happened within the last couple months.

Actually, that bit's not true anymore. Everything in the Look and Feel module (such as skin templates, the logo, etc) requests a password for some unknown reason, and has for a couple weeks (at least). Don't remember when I changed the logo back from the lights, but it was less than a few months ago, so the inaccess happened within the last couple months.

Oh, interesting. But you did have access prior, correct? Or am I dreaming that too?

Oh, interesting. But you did have access prior, correct? Or am I dreaming that too?

I was previously able to access that area without issue, including a small portion of the cardmaker code, but I suspect my access was incomplete, since I could not determine where card templates, icons, etc might have been stored, making it impossible to make the desired changes even if I was bold enough to attempt modifying someone else's code without approval. The only changes I ever made were purely aesthetic, such as changing the name "Magic" to "Spell", and enabling Level/Rank 0 since official cards were printed in this sense.

I was previously able to access that area without issue, including a small portion of the cardmaker code, but I suspect my access was incomplete, since I could not determine where card templates, icons, etc might have been stored, making it impossible to make the desired changes even if I was bold enough to attempt modifying someone else's code without approval. The only changes I ever made were purely aesthetic, such as changing the name "Magic" to "Spell", and enabling Level/Rank 0 since official cards were printed in this sense.

Alright then, glad to see I wasn't dreaming that up. XD

But yea, fixing the card maker should be a high priority in order to maximize revenue; though, I get the glitch comes first.

... I believe there are ways to get administrator powers, though it's only powers over the forum. Not over the cardmaker.

Source: Was an admin for a while about 3 or so years ago. I may be misremembering though, I may not have explored it as much as I could have, or I may just be a sneaky liar. I believe evilfusion does know how to make an admin account, or at least knows how I made my admin account back when I had one.

uNvhkv5.png

Archived