Woidtex Archetype (13/13)

Atypical-Abbie

Woidtex is an Archetype of Fiend-Type/WIND monsters with various Levels. They focus on Fusion and Special Summoning, with the unique gimmick of being able to Special Summon monsters already on the field. The idea is that you can re-Special Summon their monsters for their effects. As I don't believe there are real cards that do this, assume that they would get their effects here, and that you could also negate these effects with cards like Solemn Warning. They are also able to be Special Summoned again, even if they already are. Each Main Deck monster has an effect that works when Special Summoned and an effect that allows you to banish them to Special Summon a monster already on the field. The card Transmodify is also highly recommend in here, due to their Levels and play-style. Their name is a portmanteau of void and vortex, however I had to use W instead as Void is already and Archetype in this game.

Main Deck Monsters:

Maker of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND/Tuner
Level 1
When this card is Special Summon: You can Fusion Summon 1 "Woidtex" Fusion Monsters from your Extra Deck by using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Maker of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.

500/500

Bringer of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND
Level 2
When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Woidtex" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Bringer of the Woidtex". You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Bringer of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.
800/700

Provider of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND
Level 3
When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Woidtex" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Provider of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.
1100/1600

Summoner of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND
Level 4
When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Woidtex" monster from your hand, except "Summoner of the Woidtex". You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Summoner of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.
1800/1300

Reviver of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND
Level 5
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Woidtex" monster in your Graveyard, except "Reviver of the Woidtex"; Special Summon that target. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Reviver of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.
2000/1600

Returner of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND
Level 6
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Woidtex" card in your Graveyard or 1 of your banished "Woidtex" cards, except "Returner of the Woidtex"; add that target to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of "Returner of the Woidtex" per turn, and only once that turn.
2100/2200

Extra Deck Monsters:

Berserker of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND/Fusion
Level 7
2 "Woidtex" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished "Woidtex" monsters, except "Berserker of the Woidtex"; Special Summon that target, but it cannot be used as a Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of "Berserker of the Woidtex". You can Tribute any number of other Special Summoned "Woidtex" monsters; until the end of this turn, this card can attack an additional monster for each monster Tributed. You can only use each effect of "Berserker of the Woidtex" once per turn.
2400/1700

Scavenger of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND/Fusion
Level 8
2 "Woidtex" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Woidtex" card in your Graveyard; banish that target, and if you do, add 1 card with the same name as that target from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or effect: You can banish 1 "Woidtex" card from your hand or Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only use each effect of "Scavenger of the Woidtex" once per turn.
2500/2000

Commander of the Woidtex
Fiend-Type/WIND/Fusion
Level 9
1 "Woidtex" Fusion Monster + 1 WIND monster
When this card is Special Summoned: You can return all other monsters on the field to the hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can banish 1 card from your opponent's hand, field or Graveyard (the card in the hand is chosen at random). You can only use each effect of "Commander of the Woidtex" once per turn.
3000/2500

Spell/Trap Cards:

Through the Woidtex
Normal Spell Card
Fusion Summon 1 "Woidtex" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials. You can shuffle this card from your Graveyard into your Deck, then target up to 2 of your banished "Woidtex" monsters; return them to your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Through the Woidtex" per turn.

Forming the Woidtex
Normal Spell Card
Fusion Summon 1 "Woidtex" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing Special Summoned monsters you control or monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion Materials. You can shuffle this card from your Graveyard into your Deck, then target 1 "Woidtex" monster you control; Special Summon that target. You can only activate 1 "Forming the Woidtex" per turn.

Building the Woidtex
Continuous Spell Card
If you control no Special Summoned "Woidtex" monsters, during your Main Phase you can Normal Summon 1 "Woidtex" monster in additional to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Woidtex" card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Woidtex" monster from your hand or Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except "Woidtex" monsters. If a "Woidtex" monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy this card instead.

Maintaining the Woidtex
Continuous Trap Card

While you control a "Woidtex" Fusion Monster and your opponent controls no monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, negate the effects of all monsters your opponent control. All "Woidtex" monsters you control you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for each of your banished "Woidtex" cards with different names. If a "Woidtex" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Maker of the Woidtex: A Tuner in a Fusion deck, okay? I definitely am fine with you leaving alternate options open, a lot of meta decks have gotten extremely linear recently, it's just kind of strange to see. Quick thing to note, you forgot the ‘ed’ at the end of ‘Summon’. Anyway, glad this thing is a Level 1, so you can't just Pendulum Summon it (the addition of when on these monsters was good too, so you can't abuse Soul Charge for some major plussing). Anyway, it's an interesting idea to make this similar to Geminis in that they Special Summon themselves while on the field, it'll be cool to see how you go about dumping “Woidtexes” in the Graveyard for this

Bringer of the Woidtex: So this is your searcher. Good on you for making it unable to search itself, and the restriction on how its effect can be activated is nice.

Provider of the Woidtex: I'm always hesitant on being able to search spells, but seeing as this is a Fusion deck, it's pretty necessary, so it can slide.

Summoner of the Woidtex: Nice, something to Special Summon whatever you need from the hand. The statline is also marvelous, allowing it to run over some things.

Reviver of the Woidtex: If this is summoned by “Summoner of the Woidtex” I could see some great combos unfold, and build up field presence, definitely very interesting.

Returner of the Woidtex: Cool, something to recycle resources, but it being a high level is a turn off. I feel like this would be run at most 1, because games last so short nowadays, it's about burning through resources as quick as possible to beatdown your opponent. Anyway, I think it might be good to give this and your level 5 Woidtex an extra beneficiary effect, or a discard effect, so you can get them in the Graveyard so they can Special Summon “Woidtex” on the field and not clog your hand.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Berserker of the Woidtex: Now this is a much improved Returner, allowing you to get your banished “Maker of the Woidtex” and go into “Commander of the Woidtex”, good stuff. I'm a sucker for multi-attackers, though I thought it might be better to just make this similar to Frightfur Wolf, in that it can just attack up to the number of Woidtex monsters used for its summon.

Scavenger of the Woidtex: It's a wonderful searcher with a nice restriction, good stuff. I feel it's statline could be buffed a bit though in all honesty. I do love that it serves as spell/trap negation, though I feel if you're going to make it a HOPT, you should make it able to negate monster effects too.

Commander of the Woidtex: I love it, mass non-targeting, non-destruction removal, and if this thing survives a second turn you're more than likely to be able to use its effect again. I'm glad it prevent Special Summons or this thing would promote unhealthy amounts of OTKs. This thing also makes you have to think carefully, as if you use it, it'll be the only thing on the field, possibly leaving for an easy turn around. Though for a boss monster, I think it's stats should be beefed up a bit. Make it 3300 ATK since it requires a Fusion monster as one of the material.

Through the Woidtex: Great stuff, searchable polymerization, and recycles itself and your resources quickly to be used again.

Forming the Woidtex: This deck’s Miracle Fusion, the restriction for monsters on the field seems a bit dumb, as most people would just banish 2 from the Graveyard. Seeing as 2 “Woidtex” fusion monsters require 2 generic fusion materials I think this is outclassed by “Through the Woidtex”, even if this makes your “Commander of the Woidtex” easier. Though that recycling of itself to Special Summon Woidtex monsters on the field is definitely appreciated.

Building the Woidtex: A great way to build up field presence after your opponent nukes your field. Though I feel Special Summoning straight from the deck is a bit too strong, seeing as your level 1-4’s are just such an amazing toolbox. I feel like it should send a Woidtex from your Deck to your Graveyard, then Special Summon a Woidtex from your hand. The fact that this card only protects Woidtex monsters from battle is kind of weak, especially since Raigeki is so common this meta.

Maintaining the Woidtex: Well I see now why you made them weaker in statline, as this thing could boost Commander to 4000 with just 5 Banished material. That effect negation is pretty good against what we have in the current meta of Monarchs and Kozmos, basically forcing them to make Xyz plays into weaker monsters just so their effects aren't negated, so it's pretty interesting as a floodgate. Though against Blue-Eyes it going to be pretty useless. Though again, it has such a strong effect, that if it was consistently good against every deck, that'd be too much, so it's definitely better this way.

Other notes: One for One would be great tech for this card, gets your “Woidtex” in the Graveyard, and let's you go into an immediate Fusion Summon. Reasoning would also be great, because even if you dumped your fusions you could just recycle them, and your deck consists of levels 1-6. Vanity’s Emptiness will severely cripple this deck unfortunately, so maybe giving it some form of spell/trap destruction would be beneficial.

Anyway, this is a great Fusion archetype that I could see doing some massive damage in the meta, similar to your Tundragons. While I don't think there's as high a skill ceiling, it definitely seems like it'd be fun to play around with and learn all the combos.

Archived