[Finished]Main Egyptian Deities God Card Contest! XD

skyline777123

Create 1(ONE) Balanced Egyptian God Card using the Following Main Egyptian Deity Names(As Apart of Your Own Card Name) through the YCM OR The Written Format Provided:

-Anubis
-Atum
-Horus
-Isis
-Nephthys

Format:

Name:
Attribute: DIVINE
Level:
Type:
Effect: [ / Effect]
ATK:
DEF:

Criteria:
1) Use The YCM, The Written Format, OR Both, Please!(OR Use The Format as Example To Use The YCM!)
2) No Outrageous ATK and/or DEF!(10,000 Point Max Limit!)(EXCEPTION: Effect Based Points!)
3) Effects Must Be At Least Be Balanced With An Original Effect Or Flavor That DOES NOT Include The Other 5 Egyptian God Card(Obelisk, Slifer, Ra, Diabound, and/or Horakhty) Effects and/or Flavors From The Anime, The Manga, and/or From Real Life!
4) All Egyptian God Cards Must Only Be EITHER An Orange Effect Monster!(With Effect Text!) (OR) A Yellow Normal Monster!(With Flavor Text!)
5) Only 1 Card Per Person, Please!

Grading Scale: 0-9/9 (Based On Criteria Stated Above!)

Rewards:
-Five Sets of 200 Points For Each Winner!(There Is A Winner For Each Above Named Deity!)

Entry Fee: 10 Points!

Deadline: 07/31/2016

I feel the requirements are too restrictive, limiting people's interest in this comp. First off, many people enjoy making non-written cards. I don't get why they have to be Wicked Beast Type, as afaik Isis wasn't a bad goddess >.>

The effect limitation also really hurts it. I want to be creative, but not only are you limiting the name, type, format, but you are limiting what I can do with the effect.

That 0-9 grading system...so, it doesn't matter how broken it is, how good my card grammar is? Really? Just flavour? And only 0-9? Maybe have a look at what other competitions do, as I wouldn't enter this one if I would be only graded on flavour (I don't like to care too much about flavour anyway...)

Look, this is a good idea. It just needs a bit of work!

I feel the requirements are too restrictive, limiting people's interest in this comp. First off, many people enjoy making non-written cards. I don't get why they have to be Wicked Beast Type, as afaik Isis wasn't a bad goddess >.>

The effect limitation also really hurts it. I want to be creative, but not only are you limiting the name, type, format, but you are limiting what I can do with the effect.

That 0-9 grading system...so, it doesn't matter how broken it is, how good my card grammar is? Really? Just flavour? And only 0-9? Maybe have a look at what other competitions do, as I wouldn't enter this one if I would be only graded on flavour (I don't like to care too much about flavour anyway...)

Look, this is a good idea. It just needs a bit of work!

Last time I checked, they also had more deities than just those five listed above; there's 40+ deities in total. I understand you wanting to keep the field in check, but at least be willing to do some slight research about other gods (because it is restrictive as-is). And yeah, Isis wasn't a bad deity; neither was Anubis, contrary to what that Pyramid of Light movie might've implied about him (I think; my specialty is not in researching the more intricate myths behind them)

But yeah, Fake Type/Attribute contests aren't encouraged in this section; neither is encouraging people to break the 5000 ATK/DEF threshold that's standard for printed cards. 

As Dova mentioned, the grading scale is flawed. Yeah, flavor is important and all, but realize that balance/design also matter (even if well-designed in flavor, a card shouldn't win if it's broken as hell). 

Here's the rubric I used for June 2016's CC tournament; ideally, you should adopt one that's similar. 

[spoiler=Read it]

BALANCE & USABILITY (60)

If this were ever released in real life, would it break the game in half or would it be fine as-is? Or conversely, is this card underpowered and needs a push in power to be up to standard? Do we have a reason to run this over another card that does something similar? Does the card actually work the way it's intended to. 

CREATIVITY & FLAVOR (25)

• Did you make an original effect or ripped off an existing card's effects? Or really, how did you present your card to us?
  • Does your card make sense for what it's doing? If this is an Archetypal thing, does it generally fit into their backstory or playstyle? If it relies on sports or other real life things, does it really fit in. [There is some room for improvisation, and I won't penalize you for trying new things out.] 

OCG (15)

There are three components to your OCG grade, each of them worth 5 points each.

1. GENERAL: Are you adhering to general writing conventions in standard English? Did you spell-check your work before submitting?

2. COMPREHENSION: Do I understand what your effect is trying to say? If I don't understand your card (or otherwise have to bring up a ruling query), then chances are that you will get hit in the other area.

3. OCG: Are you using correct card grammar in line with how Konami writes official cards? There may be some wording differences between cards of the same generation, so I won't deduct points if this is the case. I will deduct points if you are using wording that doesn't exist in official cards.

---

Oh right, and mention your GMT/UTC offset. Do not assume that other members live in the same area as you. 

Is this thread still alive?

Anyway, the thread creator should read the rule/guide (http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321498-ycm-general-card-contest-rules-updated-792016/) first imo. The rules/format/criteria are too restrictive and messy, and just looks really unprofessional overall imo.

Seriously though, how do you intend to judge the cards? Only the flavor? You should try to borrow the judging rubrics from other peoples (or the above judging rubric), and modify them to your liking. Also make sure that you could judge each card fairly and gives proper reasons for each of them.

Just an advice from a newbie! :)

Archived