LOST: Face-Down Attack Position?! (7/?)

Dova

[spoiler=Monsters (4)]0o7WwbN.png

Pendulum Effect:

If you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can change all monsters you control to face-down attack position. Face-up monsters you control cannot attack.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: This card gains 1000 ATK. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 "LOST" monster from your Graveyard in face-down attack position. You can only use this effect of "Herald of the LOST" once per turn. If this card attacks or is attacked: It is changed to face-down attack position at the end of the Battle Phase.

t2TgFIu.png

Pendulum Effect:

During either player's turn: You can send 1 "LOST" monster from face-up in your Extra Deck to your Graveyard; flip all monsters on the field into face-down attack position. You can only use this effect of "The Coming LOST" once per turn. Face-up monsters you control cannot attack.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: This card gains this effect:
● All "LOST" monsters you control gain 800 ATK.  
You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard: Add 1 "LOST" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "The Coming LOST" once per turn. If this card attacks or is attacked: It is changed to face-down Attack Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

PIi0ciL.png

Pendulum Effect:

You can place this card in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "LOST" monster from your Graveyard in face-down attack position. You can only use this effect of "Drakon of the LOST" once per turn. Face-up monsters you control cannot attack.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: This card gains 1000 ATK. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent: You can send 1 "LOST" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Drakon of the LOST" once per turn. If this card attacks or is attacked: It is changed to face-down Attack Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

tVrVWom.png

Pendulum Effect:

If a "LOST" monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 "LOST" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-down attack position. You can only use this effect of "Hellhound of the LOST" once per turn. Face-up monsters you control cannot attack.

Monster Effect:

FLIP: This card gains 1000 ATK. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent: You can destroy this card; Special Summon 1 "LOST" monster from your Graveyard in face-down Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Hellhound of the LOST" once per turn. If this card attacks or is attacked: It is changed to face-down Attack Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps: (3)]nY7TCL2.png

Once per turn, if you control a "LOST" card in your Pendulum Zone: You can reveal 3 "LOST" cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly picks 1 for you to add to your hand, and you send the rest to the Graveyard. You can shuffle 1 "LOST" monster in your Graveyard into your Deck; add this card to your hand from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "LOST Realm" once per turn. You cannot activate this effect the same turn you activate this card. This card cannot be banished while the only monsters you control (min. 1) are in face-down Attack Position.

dLAOVQU.png

When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: Change 1 face-down attack position "LOST" monster you control to face-up attack position (Flip effects are not activated at this time); negate that card or effect, and if you do, destroy it. While the only monsters you control (min. 4) are in face-down attack position: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "LOST Power" once per turn.

iHBAP7i.png

Target any number of face-up monsters your opponent controls; change them to face-down attack position, and if you do, Special Summon an equal number of "LOST" monsters to the number of monster changed to face-down attack position by this effect from your Graveyard in face-down Attack Position. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect. While the only monsters you control (min. 2) are in face-down Attack Position, and you control 2 "LOST" cards in your Pendulum Zones: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "LOST Storm" once per turn.

An original archetype I did a while back for a competition, and decided to update the OCG, as I always liked the mechanics. Thoughts?

So I honestly don’t trust myself with reviewing Pendulums that much, but seeing that you’re making an archetype around one of the mechanics I wish Konami would flesh out, I want to see this become a thing, so I’ll take a crack at reviewing Pendulums.

Herald of the LOST: 1000 ATK boost makes this a really good beater in most cases. Also, since it’s face-down attack there’s always the chance Kozmo Farmgirl will smack into it and destroy herself, which would be much appreciated. Getting a “LOST” monster from the Graveyard is perfect too, allowing you to recover your pendulums. I honestly wish the Pendulum effect allowed you to Special Summon them in face down attack position, so your opponent would have to be constantly worrying about which is which. However, I know this can’t be a reality, as your opponent needs to know the summoned monsters are within the right scales, so maybe making an effect that allows you to shuffle the face down attack position monsters would be advised.

The Coming LOST: Honestly a decent cost for that Pendulum effect so that you can’t use it extensively. You have to keep a “LOST” monster in your Extra Deck to make use of it, which is good, as it’s quite powerful. This is a good hand searcher, allows you to get some new scales if Hellhound is the only other one in your hand.  That 800 ATK boost is great, and will allow your Herald to get over most everything in terms of ATK.

Drakon of the LOST: Good way to bust this scale, and gives you something nice for doing it. Adds to your draw power, and gets you more “LOST” monsters in the Graveyard to be utilized.

Hellhound of the LOST: Pendulum effect is great, giving you another monster to attack with during your battle phase, nice stuff. It could even be used during your opponent’s turn, which is great. Since this is a weaker monster I have a hard time seeing run over anything without “The Coming LOST” on the field. As for it’s monster effect, it’s pretty good, allowing you like it’s Pendulum effect to get a “LOST” monster from the Graveyard to attack, good stuff.

LOST Realm: Honestly a great way to get “LOST” monsters to the hand that’s completely fair, and unlike Kozmos this deck will actually appreciate its monsters in the Graveyard, so that’s good stuff. The cost to get it back to the hand is actually good, requiring you to fatten your deck, and remove LOST from the Graveyard, however it seems weird to have when you have the destruction immunity already. Honestly, I’d make it non-banishable while there’s a face-down attack position monster, seems like a better alternative.

LOST Power: Now into the counter trap, it’s pretty good, though I’m not completely brushed up on my YuGiOh terminology, does the Flip effect activate after the chain resolves? Anyway, effect negation, definitely a nice effect. The recovery of it isn’t too bad either, though I don’t think you’d have much trouble doing it later game when your Extra Deck is filled with more Pendulums.

LOST Storm: First off, love that you make it a Trap, so it’s more slow to compensate, as that effect is actually pretty powerful, since it works as pseudo-effect negation, and can shut down your opponent’s Synchro or Xyz plays. Glad you also made it harder to abuse during your turn, by preventing the Special Summon of other monsters, that’s honestly a giant relief. The recovery of it seems fine two, it can actually be harder to keep scales than people think, especially since spell destruction is built into monsters nowadays, so the fact it needs them to recover itself is nice.

Overall:

All in all, a great start to an archetype based around a mechanic that Konami just seemed to forget. I’d definitely like to see what archetypes these things could be Splashed into, especially with cards like Pot of the Forbidden. The Spell and Traps are powerful and balanced, and the monsters, while lacking a bit in wow-power, show what this Archetype could possibly offer. I’d definitely want a way to shuffle your face-down attack monsters, just to mess with your opponent, and maybe a boss monster, but other than that, good show.

Archived