[Archetype] Viola Rosa

Kanashimi

A simple archetype based on Italian Mafia.

All of them are Level 2 and most of them are Vanilla, the rest are Effect Monsters (5 Vanilla, 2 Effect Monsters). No real strategy tbh, they just spam, becomes a beatstick and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF Y'ALL!! Well they're Mafia Family, that's why they should be together in order to be strong. No bosses here, because with the field, everybody becomes bosses~

[spoiler=Normal Monsters'']

qM3OEpM.png

Viola Rosa - Biaggio the Giant

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior

Member of Viola Rosa. A muscular man with a tremendously huge physical and power, able to smash out a concrete wall in 1 punch! Extremely loyal to his gallant leader, Rosalia the Beauty. Can be seen he's always in her side all the time to assure her safety.

1400/100

sOfGVoI.png

Viola Rosa - Fist The Brawler

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior

Member of Viola Rosa. Master of both martial arts and street fights. Story tells that this man can beat the out of a whole gangster alone. No one in the Viola Rosa, except his respecful leader Rosalia the Beauty, knows this man's real name. The other being Echo.

1300/200

tQgbRWU.png

Viola Rosa - Vincenza the Hitman

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior

Member of Viola Rosa. An ex-soldier with a keen-eyes, Pistols in her right hand and Uzi in her left hand. And her favorite sniper, the Dragunov, has shot countless targets for her beloved leader, Rosalia the Beauty.

1200/300

hNQdo7C.png

Viola Rosa - Giulia the Negotiator

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior

Member of Viola Rosa. Also a daughter from a famous family. Known for her vast connection and major involvement in various illegal actions under the command of her wise leader, Rosalia the Beauty. Words can be more painful than fist!

1100/400

jAHtHN7.png

Viola Rosa - Nora the Rider

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior

Member of Viola Rosa. She is a well-known street racer and a biker gang. She is the fastest member of all Viola Rosa member and able to provide major mobility her brave leader, Rosalia the Beauty. By the time you met her, you'll be overlapped into dust!

1000/500

2HibYuZ.png

Viola Rosa - Verona the Feline

EARTH/Level 2

Beast-Warrior/Tuner

Member of Viola Rosa. Rosalia the Beauty's Spirit Grey Cat that always at her side whenever she goes. She can transfrom both from animal form to humanoid form and vice-versa at will. Her job is to infiltrate target's location undetected with her agility and morphing form.

0/1500

[spoiler=Effect Monsters'']

XCNzGjx.png

Viola Rosa - Echo the Informant

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If you control "Viola Rosa" monster: You can reveal this card from your hand, then reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck; place them in any order desired. You can only use this effect of "Viola Rosa - Echo the Informant" once per turn.

900/600

fejx0iE.png

Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Beauty

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If you control a Level 2 or lower Normal Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Beauty" once per turn this way. You can discard 1 card; draw 1 card and reveal it, if it is a "Viola Rosa" monster, Special Summon it, then draw 1 more card. You can only use this effect of "Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Beauty" once per turn.

800/700

[spoiler=Spell/Trap Cards'']

Ujgz1mD.png

Viola Rosa Territory

Spell/Field

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Cosa Nostra" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. All "Viola Rosa" monster gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all Level 2 monsters you control with a different names, but any battle damage "Viola Rosa" monster inflict to your opponent is halved. You can only activate 1 "Viola Rosa Territory" per turn.

eobobIk.png

Cosa Nostra - Ambush Dive

Spell/Normal

Discard up to 2 "Viola Rosa" monster(s) and/or "Cosa Nostra" Spell/Trap Card(s) from your hand; draw cards equal to the number of card(s) discarded by this effect +1. You cannot Special Summon any monster during the turn you activate this effect, except "Viola Rosa" monster. You can only activate 1 "Cosa Nostra - Ambush Dive" per turn.

XHpfOIE.png

Cosa Nostra - Backup Hand

Spell/Continuous

If this card is activated: Excavate the top cards of your Deck until you excavate Spell/Trap Card, if there is "Viola Rosa" monster(s) among them; add 1 of them to your hand, then return the rest to the top of your Deck in original order. At the start of your Main Phase 1: You can send 1 or more "Viola Rosa" and/or "Cosa Nostra" Spell/Trap Card(s) you control to the Graveyard; draw cards equal to the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Cosa Nostra - Backup Hand" per turn.

vX4b8jx.png

Cosa Nostra - Family Unite

Trap Continuous

All "Viola Rosa" monster gains ATK equal to their DEF. During either player's turn, if Spell/Trap Card or its effect is activated while you control "Viola Rosa" monster: You can send this card to the Graveyard; negate the effect and if you do, banish that card.

HY8SHtR.png

Cosa Nostra - Contract from Echo

Spell/Normal

Activate only if you control "Viola Rosa" monster. Add 1 "Viola Rosa - Echo the Informant" from your Deck to your hand. It cannot be Summoned/Set this turn. If "Viola Rosa" monster(s) would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

vkgXGIc.png

Cosa Nostra - Omerta

Spell/Normal

Activate only if you control 3 or more "Viola Rosa" monster, activate 1 of these effects.
● Destroy all monsters on the field, except "Viola Rosa" monster.
● Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards on the field, except "Cosa Nostra" or "Viola Rosa" Spell/Trap Card.

OI2kHLa.png

Cosa Nostra - Charge with Nora

Spell/Normal

Activate only if you control no monster. Reveal 1 "Viola Rosa" monster from your hand; Special Summon 1 "Viola Rosa - Nora the Rider" from your Deck. If this card is in your Graveyard while you control "Viola Rosa - Nora the Rider": You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Viola Rosa" monster from your hand.

70kxAc8.png

Cosa Nostra - Marked by Vincenza

Trap/Counter

If your opponent would Normal or Special Summon a monster(s), while you control "Viola Rosa" monster: Negate the Summon of 1 of those monster(s) and if you do, destroy it. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, pick 1 "Viola Rosa - Vincenza the Hitman" from your Deck; either sent it to the Graveyard or place it on top of the Deck.

2hq8FgQ.png

Cosa Nostra - Family Vacation

Trap/Normal

Tribute 1 "Viola Rosa" monster, then target 1 "Cosa Nostra" or "Viola Rosa" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard, except "Cosa Nostra - Family Vacation"; Set it to your side of the field. Then this card gains these additional effects.
● If Spell/Trap Card targeted by this effect are Field or Continuous Spell/Trap Card, you can activate it directly from your Graveyard instead.
● If you activate this card during your opponent's Battle Phase, immediately after this effect resolves, end the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters'']

C6nfjI7.png

RICO - Corporal Alessa the Charming

EARTH/Rank 2

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 2 Normal Monster
(This card is treated as "Viola Rosa" monster")
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 non-Effect Monster in either player's side of the field or Graveyard; equip it to this card as an Equip Spell Card. This card gains ATK equal to the highest original ATK of monster equipped to this card as Equip Spell Card. If this card attacks: You can destroy card(s) your opponent's control up to the number of Equip Spell Card equipped to this card.

600/900

ukH6t85.png

RICO - Sergeant Daria the Alluring

EARTH/Rank 2

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 2 monster
(This card is treated as "Viola Rosa" monster")
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target any number of non-Effect Monster in either player's side of the field or Graveyard up to the number of Xyz Material attached to this card; equip it to this card as an Equip Spell Card. This card gains ATK equal to the highest original ATK of monster equipped to this card as Equip Spell Card. Once per turn, if this card is equipped with "Viola Rosa" monster: You can send 1 Equip Spell Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard; shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

700/800

QqKjoWn.png

Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Peerless Beauty

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monster or 1 "Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Beauty"
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon any number of Level 2 non-Tuner Normal Monster from your Deck up to the number of non-Tuner used to Synchro Summon this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 Normal Monster you control; this card becomes that Level. All "Viola Rosa" monster(s) you control are unaffected by monster effects whose ATK is lower than those monster(s).

800/2200

Cards that work:

Enchanting Fitting Room: Spam enabler, with this and topdeck via Echo, you're gonna ss alot~

Tri-Wight: What else? Other than Triple CotH.

Painful Decision: You dont really need to search the Vanilla, but the grave set-up is needed for Tri-Wight.

The will probably work if you make some Rank 2 Spam deck or a beatdown deck. Problem is that a lot of cards don't really help you as much as they should. I'm mainly looking at Omerta, Contract, and Echo herself.

Omerta is basically blackwing backlash and that other trap blackwings have. It's a pretty good card at first glance. Maybe getting 3 Violas on the field isn't that hard, but it can be challenging at times (Unless you have tri-wight, then it's just evil). I just don't see a reason why you'd run more than 1 though, since it can brick your hand (You'll probably be going for game anyways).

Contract (In my opinion) does 1 thing well: It deck thins. Echo herself is a terrible monster, but I think you'd run 3 of her and 3 of contract just to deck thin. Contract has this second effect which looks good at first glance. But then you read it carefully and notice that 1 important part missing, the "(s)" Part in the word "Monster". Considering that the deck is built around swarming the field (In questionable ways), that is not a good thing at all. You'll never use Contract's last effect.

Echo herself does nothing but organize your deck. I see no reason to play her since I can just play Backup and Ambush to get those cards instead of staring at them wondering If deck thinning justifies this situation.

I think the deck can do well, but only if built in a certain way. Das all.

Thanks for the reply, have you tested them out? (i doubt, the way you replied explains it, or maybe not enough test, as seen how you see Echo :x)

Anyway explanation on cards you mention above:

> Omerta: Blackwing Backlash? OR Six Sam Triple Strike? hmmmmmm . . . anyway, yes correct, you just need 1, more than 1 mostly brick, OR overkill. Also These archetypes, outside their key cards (Echo and Rosalia, i will explain later why i mention Echo as a key card, whilst you think not), heavily reliant to Field Spell, and a single MST scatter the whole archetypes (because the field give massive boost and protection, without it they're just a bunch of thugs with no power). Omerta sorta like, anything you cant beat via ATK boost (aka battle) Omerta can do it (i do plan on making removal monster, RICO police monster to be exact, would be an ED monsters). Also it clear the field if you want to OTK, so there's that.

> Contract: Umm . . . let's skip this and go to Echo instead, also yes lack of (s) is a mistype from me, thx for pointing out. Protection is just bonus to keep the field presence and swarming.

> Echo: Halo halo halo . . . . Yknow . . . this deck is based on Vanilla/Normal Monster, why . . . why stacking topdeck effect "does nothing"? Looks like you either underestimate Echo or not yet discover the usefulness of Echo. I'll explain it to you in 2 different perspectives, Echo as a single card for the archetype and Deck, and Echo interactions as a whole in the archetype and Deck.

>> Echo as a single card: Like i said, the deck is about spamming and become a beater/beatstick, but they're mostly Vanilla. Say i activated Echo and peek at top 5 cards "Look, the top 2 is Vanilla, wow Raigeki at the bottom 5" see what i mean? If say, just saying you didnt activate Echo/dont run Echo and stacking topdeck, what would happen? Yes youre gonna have a bad time and a bad draw for the next 2 turns (or this turn, if you activated Ambush Dive). And by that example, you can topdeck the said bottom Raigeki to top of the deck via Echo, ready to clear the field~

Also stacking 5 cards is strong imo. Even i put hard OPT in it, otherwise soft OPT will do.

>> Echo interactions with the Deck: Okay you see, Ambush Dive, Backup Hand, Enchanting Fitting Room, and Rosalia herself, all reliant to "what's coming on my topdeck". Ambush Dive, as its a stronger version of Trade-In, with more discard and you got more draw, you cant just activate Ambush Dive and hope "I believe in the Heart of the Cards" no, thats no. Echo help here, topdeck via Echo, and stack whatever you want at topdeck, and by the time you activate Ambush Dive, you get cards optimally (from top 5 best), instead of rando and pray for luck. Backup Hand, i once activated it without Echo, yknow . . . the first card i excavated was S/T (Family Unite to be exact), and because of that i got nothing from Backup Hand, and again here Echo help you to stack S/T at the bottom and the monster at the top so by the time you activate Backup Hand, you got something out of it, instead of nothing and wait at the start of your Main Phase for the last effect. Enchanting Fitting Room its already excavate 4, and with Echo, you got 1 bonuses if the 5th topdeck is a Vanilla, more to ss. Rosalia, first draw need to be "Viola Rosa", otherwise you got no more bonus (ss and draw more). and Echo (again) help here, to stack the top for Viola Rosa monster, and the 2nd top is the card you need the most from top 5 best as Rosalia's draw bonus will give you that card.

That is how essential Echo is, given she benefits a lot of cards, and making most cards to activate and gain benefit from their effects optimally, also thats explain why i make a searcher special for Echo, because you really need it, better on your 1st turn.

Srry its a long reply, but atleast it explains the above 3 cards ^^

Update*

> Fix'd Cosa Nostra - Contract from Echo text, adding (s) - Credit to Maxesmoose for pointing that out.

> Huge nerf for the field effect, removing the monster protection (because its too much) - Credit to Azuriena. And moving the protection somewhere (see Viola Rosa - Rosalia the Peerless Beauty).

> Added Viola Rosa - Verona the Feline (Vanilla/Tuner), RICO - Corporal Alessa the Charming (Xyz), RICO - Sergeant Daria the Alluring (Xyz), and Rosalia the Peerless Beauty (Synchro) - Credit to Azuriena for helping the effects.

Might want to sleep now . . .

(Verona is simply too cute to be ignored).

I only noticed support was added when I actually thought about building the deck. After playing around with it for a bit, I noticed how consistent it is.

Let me explain. This deck's Type and Level help it a lot. For example, they're all Warriors (Except Verona, but she can be still searched with Tenki), so rota can search them out just like that. Keep in-mind that 3 rotas are allowed in DP, so you're already playing a 37 card deck. Their level also allows them to go into sky cavalry, which helps them get over almost anything. Back to them being Warriors, Reinforce Truth ss them for free. Plus, them being level 2 allows them to use Pride of the Weak, which allows them to draw 2 whenever they beat over something (Which happens a lot). Now, to the Support.

Verona - She's a Tuner. Thats all really.

Alessa - She's pretty good for the deck..., I think? Being up to possible pop 2 cards every time you attack is pretty good. But then again, she probably won't survive until the next turn to pull that off. My biggest issue with Alessa is her text. "This card gains ATK equal to the highest original ATK of monster equipped tot his card as Equip Spell Card." I'm assuming it gains ATK equal to the monster with the highest atk equipped to it, but i'm not sure. Other than that, the card is nothing special.

Daria - Ignoring the fact that Daria has the same text issue as Alessa, it's a Good card. 3 level 2 monsters is nothing special since you can tri-wight into it. Non-targeted spinning is nice. Moving on.

Grown-up Rosa...!?  - It's a Synchro that allows u to synchro into it again...? You can use it's second effect to xyz, but why would you do that? You already had 2 level 2 monsters on the field, why does it make a difference if you decide to go into this then xyz. Maybe you have Soul charge, maybe you have COH. Unless you need a 3k beatstick, going into this is pointless.

It's last effect is....good? I mean, it probably won't protect anything under a lot of circumstances. But it's, interesting.

Conclusion: I hope that these aren't all of the cards made for the deck. The deck, although consistent, lacks any form of Protection. Funny, all of this protection and it still self-destructs when it's faced with a Set-up deck. There just isn't a reliable way to protect these Semi-perfect Italian criminals. The Extra deck monsters don't really do anything without their S/T, making them pointless since you'll only go into them when you're winning, and even then you still have much better options. Going into the Extra deck monsters is like have 2 1200 "Beatsticks" and going into castel instead of attacking directly with them. You're dealing less damage in the end. Das all. (From my experience with the Deck).

Oh yes, RoTA, how can i didn't recognize it. Tenki sounds cute for searching Verona but still . . . you dont really want to search Vanilla unless you have a card that help you spam (Enchanting Fitting Room, or Rosalia). Pride of the Weak needs an empty hand to work, so i'm not sure, but from my experience the Deck didnt generate much plus outside Enchanting and Rosalia so it might work (most of them are just +0 upon activation, so its easy for running out of resources). Might want to try teching Inferno Reckless Summon and Red Resonator (Credit to Darj). Reinforce Truth umm . . . seems slow but idk, might want to try it too myself.

Verona - Aside from summoning Rosalia the Peerless Beauty, you can synch for Herald of the Arch Light or Hastorr if you want, atleast slowing down the game a bit (Also she's the cat Rosalia is holding on Rosalia the Beauty's art, and Family Unite).

Alessa and Daria - Because Ambush Dive prevents you to ss something other than Viola Rosa, means preventing you to summon Sky Cavalry Centaurea too, so inside archetypal removal summoned from ED is needed, both are okay removal as a standalone but super-effective against a deck that uses non-Effect Monster or Normal Monster (say Metalphosis, BEWD, REDMD), because you can just stole it and say example, Alessa stole BEWD, her attack boosted by 3k. Both has similar first effect because i want to stay the flavor of those monsters, both are RICO police that want to capture the mafia, and equipping means capturing them and put them in jail/prison. Also more explanation about flavor, both Echo and Rosalia are Effect Monsters, thus unable being equipped by those police, because Echo as an Informant always know whats going on and whats coming to her, and always stay hidden (heck on the Contract from Echo artwork, she gives contract/target to Fist via contacting on laptop, she always stay hidden all the time, and the protection means Echo can give info's to each member how to stay alive and not being killed). As Rosalia is the leader/boss mafia here, she can outsmart the police, and avoid being captured.

Rosalia Peerleess - You cant synchro again? Uhh did you misread it? The on-summon effect only give you non-Tuner, so unless you can NS/SS or have another Tuner, you cant synch again. Also the protection, remember when the field has ATK boost and monster protection, i think its too much for a single Field that does a lot, thats why i move the monster protection to Rosalia Peerless so that outside the Field that you need it immediately, summoning Rosalia Peerlees is the next job to do, to assure them immune to monster effects. As for another protection, im thinking of targeting protection, but i think its too much, so i scrap that.

I . . . im not sure on adding more protection, the Field is a pain to get rid, then Rosalia Peerlees + Field your opponent might have a hard time getting over. Maybe i will make a Field protection, instead of adding more protection to the monsters. Because more protection means opponent cant get over with and this archetype becomes busted.

Update*

> Added Cosa Nostra - Marked by Vincenza.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bad question, but where did you get the card art and the full-art card template?

Art is a random search on pinterest for hours digging the site (somehow i managed to find the creator and his personal website).

It's Mandrill (korean sensei) artwork for . . . (idk, it says Joker on the art, so i believe its Joker TCG or something), here's the link. But be wary because its in Korean language. Also i already used most of the art (for this archetype, Gansgter/Mobs art, as for the rest i haven't used it and i don't plan to use it, so feel free).

As for the template, its my Photoshop template for oricas (in psd), so i believe you know how to use/operate using Photoshop, hang on i'll upload again . . . here.

It already has Level/Rank, S/T icon (except equip spell). So whats you're doing with the template is simply put the image you want as background, and crop the card name box and effect box to it (from the card you already made via this site or TCGEditor), and voila~

Also there's Pixlr (online image editor) if you dont have Photoshop and want to open/use the template.

P.S: Update pending due to my illness, but i'm healthy now and can get back to work.

Archived