[AGM] The Sweet Arcandy!

The Nyx Avatar

There may not be many here right now, but there will be more to come.

[spoiler=Show Monsters]
55anofi.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. While you control a face-up "Arcandy" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

ibybTaF.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; add 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. While you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Q9dFLEM.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster from your hand. Once per turn, you can look at the top 3 cards of your Deck: You can select and reveal 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card from among those cards and add it to your hand, also, place the remaining cards on the top of your Deck in any order.

cUNvwvg.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; add 1 "Arcandy" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Arcandy Biscuit Baton" once per turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster with a different name that is banished or in your Graveyard.

vUVGBKg.jpg

LORE:You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If you do, your opponent takes no Battle Damage involving this card this turn. Once per turn: You can add 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card that is banished or in your Graveyard to your hand. A Fusion Monster that was Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains this effect.
● Cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Thp5jxD.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, and any of the excavated cards are "Arcandy": You can Special Summon 1 of them, and if you do, shuffle the rest of the cards into the Deck. Otherwise, place any remaining cards on the top of your Deck in any order. You can discard this card; Fusion Summon 1 "Arcandy" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials.

PBeWajr.jpg

LORE:You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's field in Attack Position, by Tributing 1 monster they control. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster from your hand and 1 from your Graveyard, but banish them during the End Phase. If this card is Special Summoned: You can Set 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. If you do, you cannot activate it this turn.

[spoiler=Show Spell Cards]
7fryiVq.jpg

LORE:Fusion Summon 1 "Arcandy" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls more monsters than you, you can also use monsters in your Deck as Fusion Material, but they are banished instead.

qS84GCK.jpg

LORE:Banish 1 "Arcandy" monster from your hand; draw 2 cards.

tsBePQW.jpg

LORE:"Arcandy" monsters on the field gain 300 ATK and DEF. During each of your End Phases: You can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster that is banished or in your Graveyard, and if you do, pay Life Points equal to its original ATK.

[spoiler=Show Trap Card]
rKC8VUU.jpg

LORE:Activate if your opponent Summons a monster(s): Negate the monster(s) effect(s). If you control an "Arcandy" monster, you can banish the monster(s) instead. Once, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish the top card of your Deck; draw 1 card.

IeZ1VOq.jpg

LORE:Banish 1 face-up "Arcandy" Fusion monster you control; Special Summon 1 Fusion monster with a different name from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) If this card leaves the field: Your opponent gains control of a Fusion Monster Special Summoned by this card's effect.

[spoiler=Show Fusion Monsters]
nlOiNBN.jpg

LORE:2 "Arcandy" monsters
Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can increase your Life Points by up to 1000, and if you do, your opponent loses Life Points equal to the amount you gained. If this card leaves the field: You can add 1 "Arcandy" monster that is banished or in your Graveyard to your hand.

0rtdzy0.jpg

LORE:"Arcandy Biscuit Baton" + 1 "Arcandy" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck. Once per turn: You can add 1 "Arcandy" card that is banished or in your Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, your opponent gains 1000 Life Points. If this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster from your Deck.

zJ6eNHL.jpg

LORE:"Arcandy Biscuit Baton" + 1 Level 5 or higher "Arcandy" monster
This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card to target 1 monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until your next Standby Phase. If this card is removed from the field: You can halve the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls.

VbY97KF.jpg

LORE:2 "Arcandy" monsters
Cannot be used as a Fusion Material for "Arcandy Caramel Popcorn Pixie". Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn: You can target "Arcandy" monster in your Graveyard; this card gains that monster's original ATK and DEF + 100 until the End Phase. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Arcandy" monster from your Graveyard.

9Bzlz1W.jpg

LORE:1 "Arcandy" monster + 1 "Arcandy" Fusion monster
This card is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. This card gains 100 ATK for each card on your opponent's side of the field. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; destroy up to 2 cards on the field. If your opponent declares an attack: You can banish this card; end the Battle Phase.

Well, let's just see here . . .

Alice is very solid, and can easily enable a quick Fusion all on its own. However, maybe you can restrict its self-Summoning effect to either once per turn or not being able to SS with only itself (ie: If you control a face-up "Arcandy" monster, except "Arcandy Caramel Adventurer - Alice", you can Special Summon this monster from your hand). Otherwise, you can easily wind up with 3 of them on the field on the first turn, giving you several R4 options off a single Normal Summon in addition to the Fusion Spell you've just searched.

I have no real commentary on Cotton Candy.

Slight text correction on Peppermint Butler:

Once per turn, you can look at the top 3 cards of your Deck: You can select and reveal 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card from among those cards and add it to your hand, also, place the remaining cards on the top of your Deck in any order.

That said, it's just kinda meh, except as another possibly unintentional R4 enabler.

Arcandy Fusion is amazing, no real need to say more.

Ironically, Arcandy Restriction needs a restriction- you're not required to run this exclusively in Arcandy, and in fact there's no real reason to use it in Arcandy as of yet. Maybe you can only use it if you control an Arcandy? I honestly don't know.

There is no incentive to ever increase your Life Points by less than 1000 for a free 1000 burn on your opponent with Strawberry Nurse. You might as well just remove "up to", because there's no point in it being there. However, that said, it's very nice that it recycles stuff just upon leaving the field.

All in all, Arcandy just lacks focus right now, but that's alright because you've stated an intent to add more to the archetype.

Okay, ignore my criticism entirely, that's fine.

Quit immediately jumping to assumptions!

Well, let's just see here . . .

Alice is very solid, and can easily enable a quick Fusion all on its own. However, maybe you can restrict its self-Summoning effect to either once per turn or not being able to SS with only itself (ie: If you control a face-up "Arcandy" monster, except "Arcandy Caramel Adventurer - Alice", you can Special Summon this monster from your hand). Otherwise, you can easily wind up with 3 of them on the field on the first turn, giving you several R4 options off a single Normal Summon in addition to the Fusion Spell you've just searched.

It seems rather needless.

I have no real commentary on Cotton Candy.

Seriously?

Slight text correction on Peppermint Butler:

Once per turn, you can look at the top 3 cards of your Deck: You can select and reveal 1 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap Card from among those cards and add it to your hand, also, place the remaining cards on the top of your Deck in any order.

That said, it's just kinda meh, except as another possibly unintentional R4 enabler.

Don't think I never take these into consideration.

It's been a while, so I'll toss my hat into the ring! Gotta say, absolutely adore the artwork and concept, reminds me of a Fusion Madolche (with a lot more pocky). Mind you, these reviews will be kept brief since there are multiples, but I'll be articulate and provide my overall thoughts on the archetype at the end. Without further ado, let's begin!

Monsters:
Arcandy Caramel Adventurer - Alice: I like the versatility with this card, giving you the choice of Rank 4 or Synchro fodder or a Spell/Trap card search. True, the latter is significantly more potent than the former (depending on the quality of Spell/Trap cards), but giving the player a decision like this is very well designed. It's versatile, true, but it's up to the player to determine which effect has more value. Hopefully the rest of the archetype follows suit w/ this design philosophy. 

Arcandy Cotton Candy: Good to see I wasn't disappointed, but I'm concerned about having multiple searchers for Spell/Trap cards. Again, depending on the target, this could be even more bonkers. 

Arcandy Peppermint Butler: Not too sure on the value of his Normal Summon ability. If you were to SS another Butler from hand, you could potentially net 2 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap cards w/ a Rank 4 play on-board. However, out of the 3 cards, its certainly the weakest, as it doesn't directly search for what you need. Somewhat unnecessary, since there are already 2 more potent searchers in the Archetype.

Arcandy Biscuit Baton: Well, now you're never not going to have a Arcandy S/T, since there are up to 9 searchers, and up to 3 copies of each S/T card. Odd, that this card is the only one w/ an OPT clause for its effect, which should be placed on the other cards as well. The SS effect is also very powerful, since it can target any of your discard fodder for potential Rank 3 or Level 7 Synchro shenanigans. This is definitely feeling like nekroz syndrome all over again.

Arcandy Chocolate Prodigy: I mean, I guess? Kinda an odd one to make Level 5, considering its "drawback" for Normal Summoning it isn't really a drawback. You'll most likely deal battle damage via other means, so it doesn't impede your plays whatsoever to recycle more advantage off your Spells. Also has an additional bonus as a Fusion Material, which the other cards didn't have. Odd entry, but insanely powerful for netting more advantage.

Spell Cards:

Arcandy Fusion: Well, now that it's established you have up to 12 extra cards in your deck that can retrieve this card, it's absolutely bonkers. Facing against an opponent w/ multiple monsters on-board nets insane free advantage, while being super consistent from the aforementioned searchers. Depending on the targets that can be summoned as well, it could be absolutely terrifying to bring out multiple copies of some of these cards. Definitely the backbone of the deck, but depending on the targets, it could be overkill.

Arcandy Sugar Rush: Yeah, this deck doesn't need draw power. It's super easy to turbo into this card w/ multiple drawing effects after deck thinning w/ your non-opt restricted searching monster discard effects, and vice verse. Drawing is one of the most powerful forms of generated advantage, since it enables you other non-searchable cards in your deck, and this can be potentially abused to create a new draw engine for the archetype that is certainly unneeded. It being Quickplay isn't really relevant, but the card overall is too much. 

Trap Cards:

Arcandy Restriction: Makes me wonder why it doesn't banish itself as cost in the Grave, just because keeping track of each Restriction in your Grave is difficult and unnecessary for this archetype. It's an interesting card, since it doesn't miss timing, and can negate potentially a full board of monsters, and is easily searchable. Not too overkill, outside of the Graveyard effect giving you an additional draw at any point. Also, I wouldn't consider banishing the top card being a very relevant cost for this kind of effect.

Fusion Monsters:

Arcandy Strawberry Nurse: Yeahhhh, let's not do that. Honestly, I've never been a fan of burn effects, but with Arcandy Fusion, you can potentially put multiples of these on-board w/o any cost. You're putting your opponent into a position where they're forced to remove these cards, and you go +1 for each time that happens, so long as you summoned them w/ the alternate method on the fusion card. You're also creating a 2000LP deficit each turn that it stays in play (x the number of Strawberry Nurses in play). It can also potentially recycle itself, like a non-targeting Dante. Not the most busted card ever, but it's w/ the synergy that it has with Arcandy Fusion that makes the burn effects all the more terrifying as an alternate win condition.

Arcandy Biscuit Horselady: While Strawberry Nurse could potentially seal games w/ lifepoint manipulation, this card is blatantly overpowered, by potently dealing w/ your opponent's board state as a non-target shuffle. It also recycles 1 resource every turn (the 1000LP is negligible), and generate a free SS from Deck if your opponent removes it. Just an objectively better monster in every way, excluding its stats and summoning requirements.

Arcandy Biscuit Swordmaster: Significantly less scary than Horselady, but still generating a 3700 beater that, when used with Chocolate Prodigy, is basically unkillable by card effects and by Spell/Trap card effects, and is freely SS-able from Deck w/o a real cost, is too much.

Overall: The archetype is a very interesting one, which had a distinct mechanic and style to it shown through the beginning monsters. However, this is the definition of "Overkill", by having too many searching effects, a lack of OPT restrictions, and some very powerful Fusion Monsters, which can be turbo'd out from the insanely powerful and easily obtainable fusion spell. While it's true you can't really go off until your opponent makes a board state for you to react to, the archetype generates enough floating advantage that it can invest into the board early on (potentially going 1st) to stall until your opponent is forced to respond. I sorely miss what was demonstrated in the 1st few monsters, offering a choice to the player at an expense of 1 or the other effect, which made the archetype unique. Perhaps if more work was done to introduce that mechanic into several more of the cards, and giving them more toolboxes main deck instead of highly reactive fusion monsters. Hopefully some of this feedback helped, and I look forward to any changes implemented in the future. Take care!

-YugsterMajor

It's been a while, so I'll toss my hat into the ring! Gotta say, absolutely adore the artwork and concept, reminds me of a Fusion Madolche (with a lot more pocky). Mind you, these reviews will be kept brief since there are multiples, but I'll be articulate and provide my overall thoughts on the archetype at the end. Without further ado, let's begin!

Monsters:

Arcandy Caramel Adventurer - Alice: I like the versatility with this card, giving you the choice of Rank 4 or Synchro fodder or a Spell/Trap card search. True, the latter is significantly more potent than the former (depending on the quality of Spell/Trap cards), but giving the player a decision like this is very well designed. It's versatile, true, but it's up to the player to determine which effect has more value. Hopefully the rest of the archetype follows suit w/ this design philosophy.

Arcandy Cotton Candy: Good to see I wasn't disappointed, but I'm concerned about having multiple searchers for Spell/Trap cards. Again, depending on the target, this could be even more bonkers.

Arcandy Peppermint Butler: Not too sure on the value of his Normal Summon ability. If you were to SS another Butler from hand, you could potentially net 2 "Arcandy" Spell/Trap cards w/ a Rank 4 play on-board. However, out of the 3 cards, its certainly the weakest, as it doesn't directly search for what you need. Somewhat unnecessary, since there are already 2 more potent searchers in the Archetype.

Arcandy Biscuit Baton: Well, now you're never not going to have a Arcandy S/T, since there are up to 9 searchers, and up to 3 copies of each S/T card. Odd, that this card is the only one w/ an OPT clause for its effect, which should be placed on the other cards as well. The SS effect is also very powerful, since it can target any of your discard fodder for potential Rank 3 or Level 7 Synchro shenanigans. This is definitely feeling like nekroz syndrome all over again.

Arcandy Chocolate Prodigy: I mean, I guess? Kinda an odd one to make Level 5, considering its "drawback" for Normal Summoning it isn't really a drawback. You'll most likely deal battle damage via other means, so it doesn't impede your plays whatsoever to recycle more advantage off your Spells. Also has an additional bonus as a Fusion Material, which the other cards didn't have. Odd entry, but insanely powerful for netting more advantage.

Spell Cards:

Arcandy Fusion: Well, now that it's established you have up to 12 extra cards in your deck that can retrieve this card, it's absolutely bonkers. Facing against an opponent w/ multiple monsters on-board nets insane free advantage, while being super consistent from the aforementioned searchers. Depending on the targets that can be summoned as well, it could be absolutely terrifying to bring out multiple copies of some of these cards. Definitely the backbone of the deck, but depending on the targets, it could be overkill.

Arcandy Sugar Rush: Yeah, this deck doesn't need draw power. It's super easy to turbo into this card w/ multiple drawing effects after deck thinning w/ your non-opt restricted searching monster discard effects, and vice verse. Drawing is one of the most powerful forms of generated advantage, since it enables you other non-searchable cards in your deck, and this can be potentially abused to create a new draw engine for the archetype that is certainly unneeded. It being Quickplay isn't really relevant, but the card overall is too much.

Trap Cards:

Arcandy Restriction: Makes me wonder why it doesn't banish itself as cost in the Grave, just because keeping track of each Restriction in your Grave is difficult and unnecessary for this archetype. It's an interesting card, since it doesn't miss timing, and can negate potentially a full board of monsters, and is easily searchable. Not too overkill, outside of the Graveyard effect giving you an additional draw at any point. Also, I wouldn't consider banishing the top card being a very relevant cost for this kind of effect.

Fusion Monsters:

Arcandy Strawberry Nurse: Yeahhhh, let's not do that. Honestly, I've never been a fan of burn effects, but with Arcandy Fusion, you can potentially put multiples of these on-board w/o any cost. You're putting your opponent into a position where they're forced to remove these cards, and you go +1 for each time that happens, so long as you summoned them w/ the alternate method on the fusion card. You're also creating a 2000LP deficit each turn that it stays in play (x the number of Strawberry Nurses in play). It can also potentially recycle itself, like a non-targeting Dante. Not the most busted card ever, but it's w/ the synergy that it has with Arcandy Fusion that makes the burn effects all the more terrifying as an alternate win condition.

Arcandy Biscuit Horselady: While Strawberry Nurse could potentially seal games w/ lifepoint manipulation, this card is blatantly overpowered, by potently dealing w/ your opponent's board state as a non-target shuffle. It also recycles 1 resource every turn (the 1000LP is negligible), and generate a free SS from Deck if your opponent removes it. Just an objectively better monster in every way, excluding its stats and summoning requirements.

Arcandy Biscuit Swordmaster: Significantly less scary than Horselady, but still generating a 3700 beater that, when used with Chocolate Prodigy, is basically unkillable by card effects and by Spell/Trap card effects, and is freely SS-able from Deck w/o a real cost, is too much.

Overall: The archetype is a very interesting one, which had a distinct mechanic and style to it shown through the beginning monsters. However, this is the definition of "Overkill", by having too many searching effects, a lack of OPT restrictions, and some very powerful Fusion Monsters, which can be turbo'd out from the insanely powerful and easily obtainable fusion spell. While it's true you can't really go off until your opponent makes a board state for you to react to, the archetype generates enough floating advantage that it can invest into the board early on (potentially going 1st) to stall until your opponent is forced to respond. I sorely miss what was demonstrated in the 1st few monsters, offering a choice to the player at an expense of 1 or the other effect, which made the archetype unique. Perhaps if more work was done to introduce that mechanic into several more of the cards, and giving them more toolboxes main deck instead of highly reactive fusion monsters. Hopefully some of this feedback helped, and I look forward to any changes implemented in the future. Take care!

-YugsterMajor

More confused than anything.

Biscuit Baton's clause was for the fact that it thins out the Deck the easiest, getting Cotton Candy, Alice, or even Chocolate.

Mainly confused on this bit:

I sorely miss what was demonstrated in the 1st few monsters, offering a choice to the player at an expense of 1 or the other effect, which made the archetype unique. Perhaps if more work was done to introduce that mechanic into several more of the cards, and giving them more toolboxes main deck instead of highly reactive fusion monsters. Hopefully some of this feedback helped, and I look forward to any changes implemented in the future. Take care!

-YugsterMajor

More confused than anything.

Biscuit Baton's clause was for the fact that it thins out the Deck the easiest, getting Cotton Candy, Alice, or even Chocolate.

Mainly confused on this bit:

Biscuit Baton becomes a searcher for pretty much anything in the Deck, considering Cotton Candy or Alice can obtain the S/T cards from the Deck as well. It also has an additional effect to SS ANY other Arcandy monster in your Grave or Banished, giving it a strong duality as a card. The deck already can very easily thin, using the Fusion Spell and the other monsters as searchers. This is what ties into the "Overkill", as in you have searchers for your searchers, to generate free monsters w/ your Fusion Spell.

What I'm referring to with what I like about the archetype is the ability to make choice w/ the monsters, instead of obtaining all their value up-front. For example, with Alice, you can either: A) Normal Summon for a search or B) SS from hand and use it as an Xyz or Synchro Material. Not all the cards keep this consistency, but some do. Also, what I meant by the whole "Toolbox" thing, is that this deck is a 1-trick pony, in that it can't do anything else outside of the Extra Deck. Instead of making 1 aspect insanely broken, just round out the deck a bit more, and offer some functionality outside the Extra Deck. Hopefully that clears some things up. 

What I'm referring to with what I like about the archetype is the ability to make choice w/ the monsters, instead of obtaining all their value up-front. For example, with Alice, you can either: A) Normal Summon for a search or B) SS from hand and use it as an Xyz or Synchro Material. Not all the cards keep this consistency, but some do. Hopefully that clears some things up. 

Ah; so I should keep running with this theme (make a choice with the effects)?

It's not a question of should or shouldn't, that's up to you. I just prefer this design choice, and consistency in an archetype is never a bad thing. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Thank you! I think I'll stick with this theme, as it'd be better to have a focus.

I do have another archetype in which you have two choices, but the other choice is literally an easy Summon with no on-field effects.

Archived