Rank-Up Star Bit

TundraL5Z

Rank-Up Star Bit

Level: 1

Type: Pyro

Attribute: FIRE

During either players turn, when an Xyz monster is Xyz Summoned, you can discard this card from your hand; add 1 Rank-Up Magic spell card from your deck to your hand, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except by Xyz summon. If an Xyz monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. You can only activate 1 effect of "Rank-Up Star Bit" per turn and only once that turn.

cEAFOsF.jpg

Decent generic material that can help some decks that aren't as good at pumping out Xyz fodder. Though I feel like the addition of Rank-up magic searching is a bad idea. RUMs are meant to be bricky by nature, it's their trade-off for having so much versatility. This would be especially worrisome in Raidraptors as it'd be a lot easier to get an Ultimate Falcon with 3 Xyz Materials. I'm glad you gave it a hot once per turn, it definitely needed it.

Yes that is true but Ultimate falcon is already pretty easy to get out, if anything it just makes it less annoying to play the deck because sometimes you simply draw no Rank ups and you just lose. I would rather a deck be consistent and good than it being inconsistent and good because why would you bring that to a tournament ever?

It is support for things like Gimmick Puppets and other things that revolve around Ranking up.

Although i am thinking of giving the no special summoning out of the attribute to the first effect too

Still debating whether i want to make this card work for only Number monsters and give no once per turn clause or make it completely generic and give it the once per turn clause, this is the effect i originally went for before editing

During either players turn, when a "Number" Xyz monster is Xyz Summoned, you can discard this card from your hand; add 1 Rank-Up Magic spell card from your deck to your hand.When a "Number" Xyz monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

What effect is more suited to this card? any suggestions are appreciated

also bump!

• 3 months later...

Archived