Prime Material Wyvern (The Premiere Polyform Predator)

Black D'Sceptyr

prime_material_wyvern_by_bdsceptyr-dacpi

[spoiler=Prime Material Wyvern: Errata]

FIRE/Wyrm-Type Effect Monster/Level 9/2800 ATK/1000 DEF

Lore: While this card is in your hand or on the field, it loses 1 Level for each "Prime Material" card you control. Once per turn, if a card(s) you control would be destroyed (either by battle or by a card effect), you can destroy an equal number of cards your opponent controls instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was discarded by, or to activate, the effect of a Level 5 or higher monster: You can Special Summon 1 "Prime Material" monster from your Graveyard.

See, now, I'm far from done supporting this archetype. Prime Material is something that could have easily reached Majespecter levels with the right setup-not too threatening, no, but enough to sufficiently support itself and others well. I'll be talking more about  this in later posts, as i did with the D-HEROs. Right now, to the workshop I go once more.

Anyways, review and revel at will.

BDS, signing off.

Seems fair enough. First effect to make it easier to Normal Summon. The second effect may seem rather destructive on your opponen's part, but then again, this card isn't exactly easy to Summon. And the third effect is fair enough; conditional while doing nothing out of the ordinary. Plus, it has good ATK and DEF so it doesn't get run over too easily.

Seems fair enough. First effect to make it easier to Normal Summon. The second effect may seem rather destructive on your opponen's part, but then again, this card isn't exactly easy to Summon. And the third effect is fair enough; conditional while doing nothing out of the ordinary. Plus, it has good ATK and DEF so it doesn't get run over too easily.

YAY! I'M DELIGHTFULLY ADEQUATE!!

but no seriously I will be making more Prime Material monsters later. Today, for instance.

YAY! I'M DELIGHTFULLY ADEQUATE!!

but no seriously I will be making more Prime Material monsters later. Today, for instance.

Prime Material only has two monsters (three if you include this one). So you intend on making support for them like how Felgrand got support (not a direct comparison, sorry)? Regardless, just make sure they're not too hard to Summon.

This one is intriguing. To begin with, the protection effect is on the strong side since, as a continuous effect, it can even protect from the destruction from Spell Spell 3 cards such as Counter Then; not to mention is covers destruction from battle as well. Practically it is a generic, walking OPT Gospel/Return of the Dragon Lords that reflects the destruction back to the opponent, and I have seen Gospel/Return be annoying enough sometimes. Not calling it broken, but that it is an scary defensive effect.

Then, while it is true that is it not as easy to Tribute Summon it, or Normal Summon it if you ever manage to control 4 "Prime Material" cards, shortcuts (so to speak) for Summoning it exist, starting with its third effect, since it doesn't state there that it cannot revive itself. You also can get assistance from cards such as Stormforth (which already can assist in the summon of Prime Material Dragon), Mausoleum, and even Soul Exchange. Oh, there is Yazi, too.

Now, I'm a bit torn on this card because I cannot decide yet if I would like it to be slightly nerfed for the sake of flavor, or be improved. I mean, a part of me wants it to be Level9 so it can potentially synergize with the "True Dracorulers" for Rank9 plays, but then it would require 1 more "Prime Material" card on the field to Normal Summon or 1-Tribute Summon it. And yet, another part of me wants it to have Mega Monarch stats (2800/1000) so it can get support from Monarch support, specifically Domain. However, if you intent to make more support for "Prime Materials" I'm leaning towards the former.

This one is intriguing. To begin with, the protection effect is on the strong side since, as a continuous effect, it can even protect from the destruction from Spell Spell 3 cards such as Counter Then; not to mention is covers destruction from battle as well. Practically it is a generic, walking OPT Gospel/Return of the Dragon Lords that reflects the destruction back to the opponent, and I have seen Gospel/Return be annoying enough sometimes. Not calling it broken, but that it is an scary defensive effect.

Then, while it is true that is it not as easy to Tribute Summon it, or Normal Summon it if you ever manage to control 4 "Prime Material" cards, shortcuts (so to speak) for Summoning it exist, starting with its third effect, since it doesn't state there that it cannot revive itself. You also can get assistance from cards such as Stormforth (which already can assist in the summon of Prime Material Dragon), Mausoleum, and even Soul Exchange. Oh, there is Yazi, too.

Now, I'm a bit torn on this card because I cannot decide yet if I would like it to be slightly nerfed for the sake of flavor, or be improved. I mean, a part of me wants it to be Level9 so it can potentially synergize with the "True Dracorulers" for Rank9 plays, but then it would require 1 more "Prime Material" card on the field to Normal Summon or 1-Tribute Summon it. And yet, another part of me wants it to have Mega Monarch stats (2800/1000) so it can get support from Monarch support, specifically Domain. However, if you intent to make more support for "Prime Materials" I'm leaning towards the former.

Thanks for the inquiry. And I will be making it Level 9.

Archived