Dawn of the Vampires (Dawn of the Dread felt too on-the-nose)

Black D'Sceptyr

dawn_of_the_vampires_by_bdsceptyr-dacq2l

[spoiler=Dawn of the Vampires: Errata]

Continuous Spell Card

Lore: Once per turn, when a monster(s) is moved from your opponent's Deck to a different place, except the hand: You can Special Summon 1 "Vampire" monster with 2000 ATK from your Deck. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would add a card(s) from the Deck or Graveyard to their hand: You can shuffle this card into the Deck; that activated effect becomes "Excavate cards from the top of your Deck until you excavate a monster, send it to the Graveyard, and you shuffle the other excavated cards into the Deck."

Review and revel, gentlemen. Seriously, the bloody Vamps could GO places, especially with Shiranui Sage and the Book of Life...but the conditions for them to establish their presence is SO LONG. So maybe this can help. 

BDS, signing off. So mad right now. Maybe I'll make some Vampires to go with this. It'd probably help with the fact I hold this deck and it's horrifyingly outdate  NO REALLY, SIGNING OFF NOW.

UPDATE: Modded-up the effect on Nyx Avatar's advice. Drop a like for that Avatar, will ya?

UPDATE II: First effect has a solid number for my Vamps. Staying that way for now.

I can see you want to support the Vampire archetype. I like that intention. However, making this a Continuous Trap Card seems rather slow. Plus, I don't think the restriction is necessary for the first effect, seeing as how vulnerable Vampire already is. Plus, I think you can change it to just Special Summoning in general. Your opponent Special Summons an Extra Deck monster? Special Summon a Vampire. Pendulum Summon? Vampire. From the Graveyard? Vampire. And so on. Also, I'm not sure how the last effect would do all that much to your opponent. It would discourage adding. But why monsters specifically?

I can see you want to support the Vampire archetype. I like that intention. However, making this a Continuous Trap Card seems rather slow. Plus, I don't think the restriction is necessary for the first effect, seeing as how vulnerable Vampire already is. Plus, I think you can change it to just Special Summoning in general. Your opponent Special Summons an Extra Deck monster? Special Summon a Vampire. Pendulum Summon? Vampire. From the Graveyard? Vampire. And so on. Also, I'm not sure how the last effect would do all that much to your opponent. It would discourage adding. But why monsters specifically?

Most of my cards are based around a certain theme,whether through alliteration or attribute. That's why I focus on monsters.But I will take your advice to heed. This was cobbled together rather quick.

Most of my cards are based around a certain theme,whether through alliteration or attribute. That's why I focus on monsters.But I will take your advice to heed. This was cobbled together rather quick.

Also, I think it'd help if it was a Spell Card, whether it be Continuous or Quick-Play (though, this one seems the least likely with how you've got two effects set up).

What do mean won? It's not a contest.

I'd just see it fit for it to be a Spell Card, as you can activate it on Turn 1 without interruption. The only plus it'd have as a Trap Card is a Magic Planter target.

I know. I'm just joshing on the  crying thing-I almost never do that, hell I don't even get ill. I actually do think it's imperative to the Vampire strategy that this has Spell capacity now. My original thought for doing this was that most of the good mill cards that work for DARK monsters are either archetype-specific, limited, or Traps. But this works too.

Ok let me get this straight, with all the crazy searching going on in the game, you chose to cut out the best source for Vamps to be able to flood the board (something they need to be relevant).

Be sides that this card seems to be what Vamps need to make a comeback (or to show up at all). Combo this with the field spell and the synergy is really strong.

I do have 1 concern for this card. Almost all Vampire monsters are 2k+ ATK and most card that are getting moved from the deck to anywhere typically have less than 1500 Atk so yeah... Design flaw? You'll probably be able to get Sorcerer off the most but most of the time you probably won't be able to Summon a lot off this.

I do have 1 concern for this card. Almost all Vampire monsters are 2k+ ATK and most card that are getting moved from the deck to anywhere typically have less than 1500 Atk so yeah... Design flaw? You'll probably be able to get Sorcerer off the most but most of the time you probably won't be able to Summon a lot off this.

Think I have a way to solve that. Would a baseline of 2000 ATK be enough to help the Vampires or nah?

Time Warp, but with a more precision-guided first effect.

Archived