Prime Material Locust (Now Available in Swarms!) (And Gold!)

Black D'Sceptyr

Said you'd have more Prime Material? So you're getting more Prime Material. And no hard OTP here either, because screw that logic. They're all about counteracting destruction. And they need to coincide with one another in a way that actually justifies their -1 costs. SO THERE.

prime_material_locust_by_bdsceptyr-dadof

[spoiler=Prime Material Locust: Errata]

EARTH/Insect-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2700 ATK/1400 DEF

Lore: When this card is discarded by, or to activate, the effect of a Level 5 or higher monster, if you control no "Prime Material Locusts": You can Special Summon this card. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that includes an effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can discard 1 card: Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Prime Material" monster from your Deck, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed once during this turn (either by battle or by card effects.)

BDS, signing off. Think you already know my aversion to insects. STUPID AC-RUINING PESTS. No I'm not bitter.

There is a problem though. But before that, I'll go over the effects on their own. I don't think you need to restrict it to controlling no Prime Material Locusts, as it's already tricky getting one on the field. It also has a cute effect to Summon Prime Material monsters from the Deck. However, there is one fatal flaw in this support as a whole: Getting them on the field. I feel you should have at least one with a self-Summon effect, like "While you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand", or if Special Summoning's too much "While you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing".

There is a problem though. But before that, I'll go over the effects on their own. I don't think you need to restrict it to controlling no Prime Material Locusts, as it's already tricky getting one on the field. It also has a cute effect to Summon Prime Material monsters from the Deck. However, there is one fatal flaw in this support as a whole: Getting them on the field. I feel you should have at least one with a self-Summon effect, like "While you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand", or if Special Summoning's too much "While you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing".

Don't you worry: the Prime Material I'm making today will easily be able to make the hand-Summoning game accessible. Also, I was originally worried about Locust's second effect being a bit too on-the-nose. Nice to see it isn't.

Archived