Genex Renaissance (Machines and Art? SACRILEGE!)

Black D'Sceptyr

(but seriously, anyone whose program involves anybody besides the average human who can draw, gets my everlasting subscription. Have such a soft spot for it it's silly.) 

Anyways. GENEX. Do well on the virtue of their effects, but they WORK. SO. SLOW. And some of their Synchros are utterly bonkers if they could be Summoned at a rapid enough clip (e.g. Locomotion and Axel).

So, here's me helping. A little.

Oh, and this time, it being a Trap Card is done on purpose: the specific synergy this allows necessitates that the trigger goes off on your OPPONENT'S turn.

genex_renaissance_by_bdsceptyr-daduglr.p

[spoiler=Genex Renaissance: Errata]

Continuous Spell Card

Lore: When this card is activated, if you control no other Spell/Trap Cards: You can Special Summon 1 Normal Machine-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard. During your Main Phase, when a "Genex" Tuner monster(s) is Summoned: You can add 1 "Genex Ally" and/or 1 "R-Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand with different Attributes from that monster. You can only use this effect of "Genex Renaissance" once per turn. When you Synchro Summon a "Genex" Synchro Monster, you can also use "Genex" monsters in your hand as Synchro Materials.

May both the reviews and revelry flow in abundance (nice new catchphrase, whaddya think? And on that shamelessly self-promoting topic, have an old classic:)

BDS, signing off. 

UPDATE 1: Holy moley, this used to be a TRAP. Now it's not and it still puts the Genex race on another tier. Need to think of fixes like these more often.

The first effect is dependant on the dact that you have Genex Controllers in your hand. At least it's not a mandatory effect. The adding effect is rather lackluster, as some Genex were already capable of doing that. However, the last effect is more along the lines of what the archetype needs. And while not exactly what they need, it's a step in the right direction.

Plus, it's a Magic Planter target, for what it's worth.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the activation benefit is nice, making it decent recovery late game, but if you open it, it's going to be kind of annoying not getting that effect. Also, you made it a continuous spell, which just reminds me so much of Unpossessed, which was amazing Charmer support, but you'd have a hard time getting it to the field. Since it's a Continuous Spell, the only way to search it is with Watch Dog. You also gave it a HOPT, meaning you can't use multiples at the same time. I mean unless you already have a Field Spell in mind, I'd consider just making it one, seeing as it might as well be the case that you can only have one active at a time. At the very least, I'd make it such that it can summon that tuner from the Deck too, just so you can get your combo pieces more often. I like that you make it such that it can add those monsters to the hand, it matches what R-Genex did when it was in its prime with Ultimate Offering (that is, searching and normal summoning all of the R-Genex's for some synchro spam). It obviously can't be on that level though, but it's nice to see. Though speaking of that, this is one card I'd definitely like to see that ability to Normal Summon an extra Genex Monster given to. Finally, I really appreciate the last effect, it's extremely difficult for Genex to swam the field, but to make the effect such that it can synchro summon from the hand only when you're going into Genex monsters. It's a strong effect to give a Synchro archetype, but limiting it to those monsters makes it relatively okay.

Archived