Karif, Cultist of The Lifeless Barrens

pumkin

Greetings!

Here you go! My very first card :

uGAfnHK.jpg

Karif, Cultist of the Lifeless Barrens

LEVEL : ✪✪                                                                     DARK            

ATK : 50     DEF : 200                                        [sPELLCASTER/EFFECT]          

CARD TEXT :

As long as this card remains face-up on the field,add one Counter to this card whenever a card is sent to either your or your opponent's Graveyard.

Once per turn,you can tribute this card or another "Karif, Cultist of The Lifeless Barrens" : Special Summon an XYZ "of The Lifeless Barrens" monster with a level equal to or less than the counters on this card.

CnC very,very welcome.

Also,my OCG skills are very far from perfect feel free to fix.     

It's pretty much impossible to comment on the usability of this card because ew. Firstly, Xyz monsters have ranks not levels so regardless of whatever this is intended to summon it currently cannot summon anything. Secondly, as alluded to, this is apparently the first card you've made yet it pretty much does nothing on its own except be a way to summon an unspecified Xyz that we can't see so...

All there is that can be judged is the effect to add counters and that's alright. I mean its stats are nothing so you need to get it off in the one turn but again no idea what the archetype that it belongs to does, if it's not mill based then this is going to be terrible and never resolve with more than 2-3 counters, restricting your access to whatever. But again, this is just theory, because it's one card of an unknown archetype designed to summon more unknown members.

Actually now I think of it you may want to give the counters a specific name if the archetype is going to utilise them in any way. Cultist Counters or something. Just makes wording way easier.

When a card is sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 (name) Counter on this card. Once per turn: You can Tribute this card or another "Karif, Cultist of The Lifeless Barrens" you control; Special Summon 1 "of The Lifeless Barrens" Xyz Monster with a Rank equal to or less than the (name) Counters on this card.

----

As Enguin already mentioned, Xyz Monsters don't have Levels so effect can't work. I changed it to Rank so the thing actually works, but without more members to work with, there isn't much we can really say about the card. Stat-wise, it's not really impressive for a Level 2 and is extremely vulnerable to getting run over by nearly everything. We don't know what the rest of this Deck does; maybe they can heavy mill or something, but until we get confirmation, yeah.

A general note; if you post custom Archetype stuff, you should post them altogether (or least make more than 1 card, so we can get a better grasp at what you're trying to do). But this is your first card; not saying that it's completely bad, but rather we can't really grade it properly based on what you've given us.

But yeah, you should probably give the counters a specific name.

Archived