The Black Stone of Antiques (Cradle to Grave Greatnesss 101)

Black D'Sceptyr

the_black_stone_of_antiques_by_bdsceptyr

[spoiler=The Black Stone of Antiques: Errata]

DARK/Dragon-Type Effect Monster/Level 1/500 ATK/100 DEF

Lore: You can destroy 1 face-up "Red-Eyes" or "Black Metal" card you control: Special Summon this card (from your hand.) When this card is Special Summoned: You can make the Levels of all "Black Stone" monsters you currently control become equal to the highest original Level among the "Red-Eyes" monsters you control. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn: You can target 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target.

So. RED-EYES. I could only think of two, three cards to balance them out, which is a testament to how far they've come (and Blue-Eyes has come even farther than them.) Solid Tier 2, enough search cards to thin out the deck abnormally fast...but yet no quick way to raze the field with their normal lineup-especially harder considering most of that lineup are ALL GEMINI MONSTERS. (and a steroid-enhanced Limited card, but you knew that already.)

Worse yet, most of their power is in the Fusions, and the only way those cards come out is through a once-per-turn-Summon-locking-defanged Shaddoll Fusion wannabe. Of course, most of their "inferior" revival works around this (take a harder look at Return of the Red-Eyes, would ya?) and if people REALIZED THIS, the-

-you know what? No. I've scoped out some of the Red-Eyes archetype' biggest problems. Here's 1 of a trilogy made to solve 'em. END OF DISCUSSION.

May the reviews and revelry come in spades. BDS, signing off.

*UPDATE 8/19: Couldn't abide Black Stone being a walking Spark Field, so the effect has been HEAVILY modded on both counts. Do drop a like for leafbladie's counsel, will ya?

If a card is treated as a normal monster anywere it means in that place it has no other effects, white spirit is treated as so in hand or grave, but has field effects. As for what it does, its cool to summon a dark dragon, but if this is supports red eyes, why og red eyes and black flare cant be summoned by it, if it allows to summon effect monsters which are the powerful ones, having the ability to summon vanillas also shouldnt be that much of a deal.

Second effect is awesome, but since this is not a tuner you are leaving black stone on the field to do nothing after it gains the additional summon.

If a card is treated as a normal monster anywere it means in that place it has no other effects, white spirit is treated as so in hand or grave, but has field effects. As for what it does, its cool to summon a dark dragon, but if this is supports red eyes, why og red eyes and black flare cant be summoned by it, if it allows to summon effect monsters which are the powerful ones, having the ability to summon vanillas also shouldnt be that much of a deal.

Point taken. I actually wanted this to be cycled with Silver's Cry/Return of the Red-Eyes, but that's not really necessary. I'll change this card to accomodate this advice.

Second effect is awesome, but since this is not a tuner you are leaving black stone on the field to do nothing after it gains the additional summon.

I'll see what I can do on this one-rather rigid on this effect tho.

Interesting stuff, however, it's lost a bit of its relevance with Spark Field though, not all of it. In the best case scenario, you Special Summon this to the field with One for One, put down Spark Field, and then can Normal Summon two geminis, and give one of them an effect. Not sure how you're supposed to get it into the Graveyard though easily with the current Red-Eyes support, so that makes me think this thing should be a Tuner. Seriously, imagine Red-Eyes with access to Level 7 and 8 Synchros, and Rank 7 Xyz, and it'd help this thing get in the Graveyard to revive your Red-Eyes. The only thing that doesn't make much sense with this is that it returns to the hand, I'd honestly just make it such that it has protection while you control other Red-Eyes monsters, (like the adult Red-Eyes protecting the youngins, because you'll have to use your normal summon again to get it to the field. Also, as Red-Eyes aren't nearly as strong as Blue-Eyes you could probably have that banish effect be something usable instantly in my opinion.

Interesting stuff, however, it's lost a bit of its relevance with Spark Field though, not all of it. In the best case scenario, you Special Summon this to the field with One for One, put down Spark Field, and then can Normal Summon two geminis, and give one of them an effect. Not sure how you're supposed to get it into the Graveyard though easily with the current Red-Eyes support, so that makes me think this thing should be a Tuner. Seriously, imagine Red-Eyes with access to Level 7 and 8 Synchros, and Rank 7 Xyz, and it'd help this thing get in the Graveyard to revive your Red-Eyes. The only thing that doesn't make much sense with this is that it returns to the hand, I'd honestly just make it such that it has protection while you control other Red-Eyes monsters, (like the adult Red-Eyes protecting the youngins, because you'll have to use your normal summon again to get it to the field. Also, as Red-Eyes aren't nearly as strong as Blue-Eyes you could probably have that banish effect be something usable instantly in my opinion.

Y'know what? I actually think making it a tuner would work. And the reason I had it bounce was as a way to keep it from being run over after being Summoned. But I'll see about changing this.

Glad to hear my suggestions were helpful, hope the ones on your other Red Eyes cards were too. In the future it might be better to put it in advanced multiples though.

Sorry about that. But I usually only think up these cards one at a time-had no idea, when I made Black Stone whether or not I'd ACTUALLY make more Red-Eyes support. I usually make backup collaborations on Mutliples, though, at the end of the months.

Also, I've decided to ramp up the effect of tBSoA instead of making it a Tuner. I want to keep this from being a total Blue-Eyes tradover, I've gotta keep to the ground Red-Eyes already mapped-Fusions and Xyzes. Tuners and Synchros are the Blue-Eyes playbook.

Sorry about that. But I usually only think up these cards one at a time-had no idea, when I made Black Stone whether or not I'd ACTUALLY make more Red-Eyes support. I usually make backup collaborations on Mutliples, though, at the end of the months.

Also, I've decided to ramp up the effect of tBSoA instead of making it a Tuner. I want to keep this from being a total Blue-Eyes tradover, I've gotta keep to the ground Red-Eyes already mapped-Fusions and Xyzes. Tuners and Synchros are the Blue-Eyes playbook.

Makes sense to some degree, but Blue-Eyes also uses Rank 8 Toolbox, and have a Ritual and Fusion monster. Red-Eyes seemed like a jack of all trades. They have Fusions, Rituals, Xyz, only thing missing is Synchros.

Makes sense to some degree, but Blue-Eyes also uses Rank 8 Toolbox, and have a Ritual and Fusion monster. Red-Eyes seemed like a jack of all trades. They have Fusions, Rituals, Xyz, only thing missing is Synchros.

Right-I'll get to work making a Synchro that is compatico with the Red-Eyes play. But it won't be direct Red-Eyes support, not even in name. Thinking of pulling a Nirvana High Paladin with its effect and making it so you can use a Normal Dragon as a Tuner.

Nice changes made, still kind of wish it was a tuner, but at least it helps promote Xyz plays. Also gives more reason to run Black Metal Dragon, which people haven't been because Insight is just a lot better. However, with all the archetypal Graveyard retrieval cards that Red-Eyes have, like Return of the Red-Eyes, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, etc. it might be better to consider making it summon from the Deck, just because you might run out of Dragons to revive from the Graveyard. While it may seem a bit strong since you could use it to get Darkness Metal Dragon to the field, it'd be during the End Phase, so it wouldn't just function as a better Paladin of Dark Dragon, and if you think it might, then you could just make it limited to level 7 or lower Red-Eyes monsters like the other stone that shouldn't have that HOPT that applies to both its effects at once. I love the fact that you made it's effect available to use even if detached as Xyz Material, good stuff. However, one thing I was a bit disappointed by was the removal of Gemini support. Maybe you could have it have an effect to banish itself from the Graveyard, to Normal Summon 1 monster on the field you control.

Edit: Also, since it says any Red-Eyes you could use this in tandem with Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to make Rank 10 plays. Hello Gustav Max and Superior Dora, dealing 2000 burn damage, and amazing protection is great indeed.

Seems fair enough. I like how you Summon it; not exactly the fact that you destroy a card to Summon this monster, but more the fact that it could be a Spell/Trap Card, too. And you can Summon it via One for One, too (well, if you wanted to that is). The Level effect is nice, helping you set up potential Xyz Monsters like Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon. Plus, it comes with a cute End Phase effect, just like The White Stone of Ancients.

Though, it looks like it could've easily been a Tuner monster as well. Or did you think that it wouldn't really fit in with the theme of the archetype?

Archived