Red-Eyes Vintage Dragon (The Great Gemini Growing Glider)

Black D'Sceptyr

red_eyes_vintage_dragon_by_bdsceptyr-dae

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Vintage Dragon: Errata]

DARK/Dragon-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2400 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: All "Red-Eyes" Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters, and gain their effects. You can only use each of these effects of "Red-Eyes Vintage Dragon" once per turn.
• During either player's Battle Phase: You can take 1200 damage: Special Summon this card (from your hand.)   
• During either player's Main Phase: You can reveal 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your hand, then target 1 other face-up monster on the field; until the end of this turn, that target's Level/Rank is increased by 1, also it gains 400 ATK and DEF for each "Red-Eyes" card you control.

So then. RED-EYES. Really show a lot of potent okay, I did this before. Let's start again. 

So this makes all the Red-Eyed Gemini's live, clears up dead hands, can be brought to the hand with that Contract of the Magical Gate and Level-bumps for easier Rank 7-8 plays. Think that says it all. Have fun with it, and may the reviews and revelry come forth in abundance.

(also I may have one last card in my mind for the Red-Eyes, but I'm always open to suggestions about what else they may need between this and the new Black Stone, featured here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/355962-the-black-stone-of-antiques-cradle-to-grave-greatnesss-101/)

BDS the (apparent) Memory Sieve, signing off.

UPDATE I: This time, Vintage is becoming a rather annoying crawfish. 1200 damage to Summon? Minimum 400 boost and Level 7 maker? Jeez, just call this Red-Eyes Harpie Channeler, s'more fitting.

Honestly, a good effect, but I feel like this should be an extra deck monster, since it gives all your Geminis effects, granted it is landlocked to Red-Eyes. However, this would certainly give more usage for Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon, as it'd allow your Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon to crash into stuff to deal 2400 burn damage.

That 400 boost feels like it should be a 600 boost, similar to Black Metal Dragon. That level bump seems like a really bad thing to do, because it makes it unusable on Xyz monsters, which would be great for Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon to help it beat over stuff and not be destroyed in battle. Also, unless you get two the field, that change to level isn't going to do much, though I guess it could be helpful in disrupting plays (so maybe make it such that it raises Rank/Level).

Finally, as a Level 7 Red-Eyes, it might give more reason to run Cards of the Red Stone, along with Allure of Darkness.

Anyway, really good card that understand what Red-Eyes want to do, good on you.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot, about the Level 6 Red-Eyes, yeah, that actually does make this pretty useful for Rank 7 plays.

The fact that it's capable of Summoning during either player's turn might warrant the strict "once per turn" clause.

As for treating them all as Effect monsters, it'd certainly help the Gemini monsters.

However, for the last effect, I think you could bring it up to 600 ATK, especially since it's dependent on having an exact monster in your hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy, Red-Eyes Support. The first effect is awesome. Having Red-Eyes Flare gain its effects for burn or Red-Eyes Meteor for protecting your Red-Eyes monsters in really good. Its second effect allows it so SS itself by taking 1200 damage so it looks pretty good. You can use it to SS this card, then have Red-Eyes Meteor gain its effect forcing the opponent to attack Meteor to protect your monster, or it can be used during your Battle Phase to have Red-Eyes Flare gain its effect for extra burn damage. The third effect is good, except that it relies on the original Red-Eyes to activate. Honestly, you could have made it any Level 7 Red-Eyes monster and reduced the ATK gain and it would've been fine, but for now, it's an ok effect.

Archived