Flare Metalmorph (Red-Eyes Fusion on my opponent's turn? YES please)

Black D'Sceptyr

flare_metalmorph_by_bdsceptyr-daejs3h.pn

[spoiler=Flare Metalmorph: Errata]

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: (This card is also always treated as a "Red-Eyes" card.)
When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand, except "Red-Eyes B. Chick", ignoring its Summoning conditions. While it is a non-Effect Monster, it gains ATK equal to half of its original DEF. While it is an Effect Monster, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects once per turn. When this card is destroyed, destroy that monster. When this card is destroyed: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" Normal Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; this effect becomes that target's effect when that card is activated.

Pretty sure the lengthy add-on effects are killing my strident push towards brevity, but SOMETHING needs to make-up for this card's -1, even if it makes R-E Darkness and Zombie Dragon live (for what reason, I'll never know.) Main issue is how to properly and reliably make the second effect go off for a Continuous Trap-else, Crystrons/Metalfoes could run the map alongside Red-Eyes.

Still, when the last effect does go off, hoo boy. And if your opponent happens to smoke one on their turn while you have Fusion/Return/Insight in the Grave? Madness.

Anyways, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

A very interesting card, allowing you to turn your Red-Eyes Geminis into a beatstick or just give them some decent protection. Only unfortunate thing is that ATK boost would work really well with Archfiend of Lightning's destruction effect or Flare Dragon's burn effect, but as is, it's a great way to get your Red-Eyes that are dead in the hand to the field if you don't have Spark Field. That protection effect would also work wonders for Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon, allowing it to protect your Red-Eyes monsters and itself, so they can deal 2400 burn damage by crashing into stuff without dying. Not sure why you need that part about ignoring summoning conditions though, the only monster I think that needs that is Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, so I think you could just remove that, as no one runs it (Red-Eyes Dragon Sword is a lot better for beaters).

As this is similar to Call of the Haunted, it'd probably be best for it to destroy the summoned monster when this card leaves the field, especially since it gives so many effects, just to make it balanced. I do love that it allows you to use Red-Eyes Fusion during your opponent's turn, making it so you can still Special Summon during your turn, just wonderful stuff.

Excellent; granted, I'm pretty sure this was made mostly for Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon. Though, I guess you could Summon Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon too if you wanted. And a Trap Card in the same fashion as the other Metalmorph cards.

Plus, it contains a different ATK increase. Certainly better than Rare Metalmorph's.

However, thankfully, it comes with an alternate effect for Effect monsters.

However, for the last effect, I think you could just make it:

"If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; activate its effect.

Excellent; granted, I'm pretty sure this was made mostly for Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon. Though, I guess you could Summon Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon too if you wanted. And a Trap Card in the same fashion as the other Metalmorph cards.

Plus, it contains a different ATK increase. Certainly better than Rare Metalmorph's.

"If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 "Red-Eyes" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; activate its effect.

I think Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon would always be a better play than Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon, unless the opponent had Skill Drain on the field or something. That 300 ATK boost from all the Dragons in the graveyard is nothing to scoff at, since Red-Eyes love being in the Graveyard. I'd easily see it reaching 4-5k from its stat boost alone. Just, you know, make sure to watch out for that Buster Blader matchup, lol.

Oh yeah, and to Black, I wanted to give you props again for having Flare Metalmorph protect the Red-Eyes from destruction. Not only does it help make up for the fact that the card gives the opponent an alternate mean to destroy the Red-Eyes by destroying this card, it also fits Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon's destruction prevention, and that's neat. It's a really well thought out card.

Oh yeah, and to Black, I wanted to give you props again for having Flare Metalmorph protect the Red-Eyes from destruction. Not only does it help make up for the fact that the card gives the opponent an alternate mean to destroy the Red-Eyes by destroying this card, it also fits Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon's destruction prevention, and that's neat. It's a really well thought out card.

Aw, thanks mate. Do want to see Red-Eyes hit the highs Blue Eyes did, and tried to help the best I could. I may not yet be done with DARK Dragon Support, though. 

I was thinking of the Darklords (without the shuffling effect) when I had that last effect of Flare Metalmorph in. Thought it was an underused side to a card that needed more play in Decks that needed one more good activation to protect themselves. Otherwise, thanks for the counsel.

Aw, thanks mate. Do want to see Red-Eyes hit the highs Blue Eyes did, and tried to help the best I could. I may not yet be done with DARK Dragon Support, though. 

I understand the feeling. As much as I love the White Dragon, I wish Konami put as much effort into their legacy support for Dark Magician and Red-Eyes so it can be an actual fair matchup. Unfortunately I think they've messed up Red-Eyes a bit more when it comes to legacy support, as they don't even need the vanilla Red-Eyes to function, whereas DM and Blue-Eyes actually do, which makes it actual "support" rather than "replacement".

Would you possibly want to see some cards I had in mind to help Dark Magician?

Edit: Also, quick thing, is this card destroyed if the summoned monster is destroyed? I thought you had it say that originally, but it seems like you changed it to the other way around.

I think Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon would always be a better play than Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon, unless the opponent had Skill Drain on the field or something. That 300 ATK boost from all the Dragons in the graveyard is nothing to scoff at, since Red-Eyes love being in the Graveyard. I'd easily see it reaching 4-5k from its stat boost alone. Just, you know, make sure to watch out for that Buster Blader matchup, lol.

I know; that's why I mentioned it afterwards, along with Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon.

I understand the feeling. As much as I love the White Dragon, I wish Konami put as much effort into their legacy support for Dark Magician and Red-Eyes so it can be an actual fair matchup. Unfortunately I think they've messed up Red-Eyes a bit more when it comes to legacy support, as they don't even need the vanilla Red-Eyes to function, whereas DM and Blue-Eyes actually do, which makes it actual "support" rather than "replacement".

Would you possibly want to see some cards I had in mind to help Dark Magician?

Edit: Also, quick thing, is this card destroyed if the summoned monster is destroyed? I thought you had it say that originally, but it seems like you changed it to the other way around.

Edit: yeah, that effect fits better with the whole Metalmorph thing. And I would love to see your Dark Magician ideas-all I've had to begin with was Ivor Ivor Magician Gal in Casuals. DM it to me.

Archived