[Leaderboard] Season 14 Postseason (Match 1-4)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

General stuff

- First to 3 votes or whoever gets the most votes by 9:00 pm HST on 8/20/2016 wins
- Voters must elaborate on their votes
- Participants or I reserve the right to nullify votes if reasoning is insufficient.

- Winner moves on to round 2 and receives a rep from the opponent
- All voters will get reps for accepted votes.

Requirement

Make a WIND Wyrm-Type Synchro Monster

----

Card A

GgTDZRk.png

1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner(s)
This card can attack twice during each Battle Step, and if you do, your opponent cannot activate effects in response to the first attack.

Card B

ftfBT2g.png

Heiwa, Guardian of Spirit
WIND - Level 9 - Wyrm - Synchro - Effect

2000/2600
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Other monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by cards or effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; send 1 Tuner monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can banish 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Heiwa, Guardian of Spirit" once per turn.

In terms of voters, yeah. I wanted to do it yesterday, but was busy with other things including work and getting stuff prepared for college. You are getting that tiebreaker vote I promised on Saturday though. 

@Tori: Battle Phase, but yeah, I'm already voting on this like I promised earlier. You can mention what you would've written later on. 

------

Card A is basically a double attacker that guarantees that it gets an unhindered strike on its first shot. It's not bad per say, but compared to the other common 8s like Omega, Scarlight and so forth, it doesn't really offer more than that. It's generic though with decent stats; I'll give you that. Flavor-wise, this was named after minor deities in Greek mythology; suppose I can see where the double attack comes from (even though they're correlated to lightning and this is WIND [not saying that Thunder hasn't been associated with WIND]), but usability-wise, it could've done more from my point of view. 

Card B grants protection to your other monsters and sets up the Graveyard for stuff. I know I mentioned possible Decks in 1-2 that can make use of the Attribute-oriented effect, though I am not too certain if Speedroids are capable of making 9s even with laddering (guess you can dump something like Daiko or Tri-Eyed Dice for plays if they can go into this). MPB can make it as an alternate to Jaculuslan/Cloudicastle if they need to and use it to mill O-lion or something. Oh right, and Synchrons can probably dump stuff that Explorer can revive later on, among others). For what it's worth though, it's also an enabler for King's Synchro plays and added draw power for WIND monsters. In all though, it does offer more to Decks that can make it; namely with a nice protective body and Tuner set-up plays. I probably think it could get its defenses boosted a bit, but it's fine. Given the naming, card does what it's supposed to be doing.

------

While A has its uses for getting a guaranteed strike in (so no spamming Battle Fader or something to stop attacks); it's not bad, but I feel B does more in the long run for the rest of your board. So yeah, that's where vote goes and that means Dova. 

[As much as I'd like to have double eliminations as usual, so members who've lost this round get another shot; it's kinda late]

Archived