[Written] Illusion Knight (Mirage Knight Retrain)

leafbladie

Thought it'd be a good idea to give Dark Magician something to help it deal with "Kozmos" in the form of a retrain of "Mirage Knight". The biggest problem with "Mirage Knight", even with "Eyes of Timaeus" making "Dark Flare Knight" easier to summon, is that it is always a dead draw, and does nothing unless you summon "Dark Flare Knight". So I made its retrain just a plain old fusion monster, and slapped on an Armades effect to give it a bit more protection in battle. I also decided to leave its banishing effect, because for a two card combo with one of the pieces being easily searchable, it's a bit strong with absolutely no drawbacks, but I added the summoning back of a "Dark Magician" when it does, so that if you have Dark Magical Circle you can banish a card at the End Phase.

Illusion Knight

Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 8/ATK 2800/DEF 2000 (Fusion)

"Dark Magician" + "Flame Swordsman"

During damage calculation only, this card gains ATK equal to the current ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. During the End Phase of a turn this card attacked or was attacked: Banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Archived