Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

3CRqVF7.png

As it turned out, Yugo was Yusei's grandkid. The boy had quite the hotshot family then. Before Aika could comment on it, however, a figure came barging in, dropkicking the banana-head boy with a vengeance.

"YUUUUUUUUUUGOOOOOOO!! I told you to stop coming in here and sitting on my chair! I was going to let you and Maggie come up here after you had finished your assignment, but I guess only Maggie's going to be able to enjoy the view."

"What?! Man, you are so lame!!"

This figure wasn't any average joe though. That was the Duel King. Kyouji himself. The guy that had crushed Furiko in that exhibition duel earlier. Effectively the strongest duelist in the Greater Domino Area. The person Aika wanted to take the title from. He was...not very champion-like when the spotlight wasn't on him, was he? The Duel King and the banana went back and forth a bit more, before Kyouji turned his attention to the Cradle girls. Also there was a guy with a fake arm in the room. When did he get there?

"So, I've been a bit out of the loop because I was busy doing...champion things,. I did learn that whatever Jet's from... it's not related to the current crisis, but may become important later... What did you two learn?"

"I wouldn't mind being caught up in all that was going down as well. Me wiping out when I did definately wasn't part of any plan..."

Furiko then simply answered the Duel King's question with "Well, it's a bit of a long story." And she then went on some big talk about that Yusho guy that was apparently Yugo's father. Was he also a big deal? And if so, how did two generations of hotshots lead to Yugo? Aika hadn't seen much of him admittedly, but from what she had seen thus far, aside from his duel earlier...Yugo wasn't a big deal. Or at least, definitely not of the caliber he was born from. However, Aika didn't like leaving Kyouji's question with such a simple answer. She'd have to pick that avenue of discussion up herself.

"What we learned regardin' our lil' crisis," Aika started, "is a whole lotta nothin'. Me an' Furiko looked into some creepy ol' man, he ain't got nothin' t'do with it, Mr. X is either nuts or his deck's a buncha sissies, an' we ain't got no leads at all on the case. Whoever's behind all this Wicked God nonsense sure is makin' it tough to track 'em down."

DidrsfD.png

Boring...

Ayame watched the screen on her Duel Disk, idly wandering about the premises. The duel between some nobody boy with Venoms and some even more nobody girl with Spell Counters was going on. And quite bluntly, watching this and most of the duels before it had Ayame bored out of her mind. She was only really watching to get a scope of what everyone's dueling styles were like; she had no interest otherwise. All that mattered was knowing how to hit them in the duel, and when. So far, it all boiled down to the same general idea.

Just don't let them play.

To be fair, it was by far the most efficient means of winning. If your opponent can't play, they can't win. The only issue there was that Ayame could only stop so many plays. So the thing she watched for was what plays to stop in order to best cripple an opponent. The Yugo kid liked big synchro summon plays, so shutting him down just before a synchro summon was best. Of course, that was only one example. As Ayame continued her aimless wandering, watching the duel on the screen, a familiar voice rang in her ears.

"...just get this over with as quickly as possible freak-show."

Ooh, it's Hanae. Sounds like she's about to get in a duel. This should be interesting! Ayame followed the sound to its source, peeking into the door to glance around. Was that Blues Kaiba? And pro duelist Nero Dmitri!? But, Nero died a month ago, and something about the guy was putting Ayame off. Something was fishy about all this. Ayame found herself in something of a conundrum. If that was Nero, and there really was some weird sheet going on that Ayame wasn't aware of, Hanae was probably in serious danger. Which meant Ayame, as her upperclassman, had a responsibility to get her out of it. At the same time, knowing Hanae, she wouldn't like the idea of Ayame worrying about her or getting her out of a tight spot. You're a real pain in my neck sometimes, flower girl. Let's see what's going on, shall we?

Ayame cleared her throat, and barged into the room in a completely casual manner. Then, like nothing about this felt wrong at all, she looked at Hanae and said, "Oh, hey again! Bumping into each other twice in a day, crazy huh?" Her attention turned to Nero. Whatever was up, she didn't know what it was, and she didn't like that. "And is that Nero Dmitri!? I was such a big fan of yours, but I could have sworn you were dead! I'm actually going pro myself, so it'd be a real honor to duel a former pro. Let's show these people what a live pro-level duel looks like, okay? I insist!"

Ayame activated her duel disk, and stepped up closer to the scene. Next to Hanae, where she repeated, in a much lower and far more serious tone, words meant purely for Hanae. "I insist. Let me handle this guy, and once I'm done with him, you're telling me what's going on."

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Being in the Spirit World seems like a tough time...," Helena turned to see Dread Knight sitting by her, she looked back down at Buster Whelp and petted his head. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm ok... Now I am anyways..." she said quietly. Her left eye glowed a soft, green light as she looked around, everything was calm, the attack on the citadel was stopped so she should be more cheerful but...

"Hey Helena." She looked up to see Daichi taking a seat in front of her. "I won't lie, that frown of yours just isn't suitable for a pretty girl as yourself." He only smiled and pointed at his own smile. "C'mon! Turn that frown upside down! You can do it!" She couldn't help but giggle and smile a bit. Pretty, really?

"Hehe... Your... Silly, Daichi... But I guess duelists like you have a knack for making others smile..." That's all she really needed, a bit of a pick-me-up, and it helped.

Eizar couldn't believe that his plan actually worked, he at least expected "Dread Knight" to stop him. Tycho, unfortunately, still got hit but only in the shoulder. The boy put himself between the two hostiles and their target, getting ready for any possible attacks despite not having any experience in fighting. The faker tried at manipulating Tycho again but before they could even get a sentence off, Blues called him for his charade. Then Dread Knight's voiced took a shift in pitch, sounding more like a girl's, his form morphing into that of a girl in a Gothic dress. Along with this change of form came the sounds from earlier, albeit not as loud as before. Whoever this was it was apparent that she was a greater threat than everyone else in the room, if the white noise in the back of his mind had anything to say about it. Luckily it appeared that the girl had better things to attend to than the trio, speaking of a failed plan before disappearing into a portal.

It was at that point the hooded man uncloaked himself, to be somebody familiar, but Eizar couldn't quite put a finger on it. 'That doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we get Tycho out of here,' he thought to himself before refocusing his attention to Tycho. 'The wound doesn't look that deep but I probably shouldn't agitate it by pulling on that arm.' Blues spoke up, saying that one of them had to take Tycho back to the infirmary and the other duel the blonde man. Hanae took it upon herself to duel the man, leaving Eizar to be the only one able to take Tycho to safety. He waved his hand in front of the man's face, trying to get his attention. "Can you walk? We have to get you to safety." Whether the man responded or not didn't matter to Eizar, as he positioned himself under the taller man's better arm and started making his way to the infirmary. There was this girl that passed by them but he didn't really pay any heed as she didn't impede him.

Glaring at Blues, Tycho was suddenly jerked out into reality by Eizar rushing forward and grabbing at his arm, yanking him forward, followed by an explosion of pain blossoming in his shoulder. He hissed in surprise, clamping his hand to his shoulder. As he fell against a wall, suddenly weak in the knees, he pulled his hand away, and his glove was bloody.

His eyes widened, and he looked up to see Izayoi, standing there with a knife. "Izayoi!" he snarled, rage spreading across his face. This was a new low. "Knight!" he yelled, raising a trembling hand to his friend. "Help me!" He hesitated though. Blues was speaking, and he was talking about the Dread Knight. Tycho hooded his eyes as he gazed at the Kaiba boy. Dread Knight thought of him with that much confidence...?

But Tycho was in for an unpleasant surprise as his friend morphed before his very eyes, and a petulant girl stood before them. His face fell as he slumped against the wall, barely even processing that Izayoi was not Izayoi but someone else Tycho recognized only vaguely. He was plunging back into despair. His friend had not come back to help him. He was on his own again.

"It's not fair." He didn't speak this until he and Eizar were almost to the medical wing. He had not resisted the young fellow, allowing him to shepherd him without resisting. He had been staring into space, and still was, with a grimace on his face that looked like pain, although his arm was the least of his concerns at the moment. "It's not fair at all... What have I done that I deserve this burden?"

- - - - - - -

"My turn! Draw!"

Hibiki appraised the cards he was holding with a blatant lack of interest. Even when his field had been blown to smithereens he had barely reacted. "What does your dumb Trap do, anyway?" he asked suddenly, not looking up at Kaede.

Kaede smiled grimly. "Whenever any player activates a Spell, a Spell Counter is placed on my Tower." She held up three fingers. "I activates Magical Abductor, Pandora's Jewelry Box, and Pendulum Turn, placing three on the Tower. The second any one of us activates a Spell, the fourth counter will be placed on it, and my Tower will fall!" She raised a finger, pointing at Hibiki. "If you activate any kind of Spell Card, my Tower will collapse, dealing 3000 points of damage to you!"

"OOOOOH!" shouted the commentator. "Kaede has shut off all the Spells in Hibiki's deck, as well as called out two powerful monsters! Even Action Cards are sealed to him! How will he come back from this?"

"3000 damage, eh?" asked Hibiki. A grin split across his face. "Is that all?"

"What?!" asked Kaede, taken aback.

Hibiki shrugged, chuckling. "You act like you've sealed off my cards, but 3000 damage doesn't matter to me... I have 3300 life."

"Would Hibiki risk putting himself at the precarious position of having only 300 Life Points?!?!?" the announcer hollered into his microphone. Hibiki snarled in irritation, rubbing at his ear.

"Of course I would!" he yelled at the man, the commentator shrinking back in his booth even though Hibiki wasn't looking at him. His eyes were leering with a glint at Kaede. "After all, having 300 Life Points doesn't matter when you win a duel the turn you get there."

"You're bluffing," Kaede accused weakly.

"Activate Spell!" Hibiki yelled, the audience gasping as he proclaimed this. "Mini-Guts!"

- - - - - - -

In a dark room, the man Hibiki knew as 'Steve' was watching a TV screen, the duel on before him. He had been watching without much interest as Hibiki had been crushing his opponent. But when Tower of Babel had gone up, he had started paying close attention. And now Hibki had played a spell, he was paying closer attention still.

"The one imbuing Tower of Babel with the ability to inflict 3000 damage is Hibiki," he muttered, sounding horrified. "He knows that. Which means... as a Psychic Duelist, he's putting all his power into 3000 damage... 3000 REAL damage!"

And his screen went completely white.

- - - - - - -

The giant ray of light that blasted the Tower apart hit the stadium like an earthquake. The stands shook, the glass in Kyouji's box shaking and cracking along the corners. Audience members dove for cover, sheltering on the floor in front of their seats as the arena trembled around them, metal shrieking in protest. The Action Field was even worse. Kaede's Spellbook Tower leaned gradually to the side, cracks spiderwebbing up around it. The jungle trees bent almost to the ground in the wake of the explosion, the entire field flickering out of view for a split second. Hibiki had managed to damage the projector a little.

Kaede had been knocked to the ground by the shockwave, and she groggily raised her head, looking at the cloud of smoke where Hibiki had been standing. "My god..." she coughed, trying to see him through the smoke. "He actually did it..."

"You bet. Hahahahaha!" Kaede watched in horror as the cloud parted to reveal Hibiki, hunched, gasping for breath, covered in cuts and cruises, but grinning from ear to ear, practically heaving with glee. Around him in a circle was a complete dead patch in the Action Field, the glassy black crater below him shooting out blue sparks from exposed circuity. His eyes were fixed on the damaged box Kyouji, Furiko, Yugo, Aika, and Kuria all sat in, the box only just now having stopped shaking. 

"That's right, Kyouji," Hibiki snarled under his breath. "I'll go to lengths like these, just to take out little old you... And that jabroni Furiko as well." He raised a hand, waving jauntily. "Hope you're ready, Fudo Yugo... This is what you're in for next round."

"What did you do?!" 

"Hmm?" Hibiki looked up at Kaede, legitimately surprised at her reaction. She had stopped looking at him. She had eyes of horror only for her monster.

"Oh yeah," Hibiki remembered, shrugging as the audience were shocked out of their horrified stupor, releasing various cries of disgust and shock. "I guess I DID use the effect of Mini-Guts."

The disgusting remainder of what Hannibal Necromancer had become was not on Hibiki's field anymore. Only the upper half, long, clawed arms and head, coated in green goo and rotted into oblivion, was now sticking out of the stomach of Kaede's Priestess of Prophecy. Kaede looked almost as repulsed as he quivering, weak-legged monster she it scrabbled top pull the moaning beast from her abdomen. The sound of several people in the audience becoming violently ill rose above the shouts of disgust.

"Mini-Guts lets me sacrifice a monster to reduce the attack power of another to 0," Hibiki explained, disregarding all of this. "In addition, if I destroy your monster, you'll lose Life Points equal to the original attack power of that Priestess."

Kaede panicked, instantly sliding the card in her hand into her Duel Disk, fumbling it and almost folding it in half by mistake as she slapped it urgently at the spell and trap slot. "Action Magic! Attack Lock!"

A giant red X appeared, wrapping around Hibiki's Scylla and shackling its arms to its sides. "With this, Scylla can't attack this turn!"

"I summon the Tuner Monster Reptilliane Stheno!" Hibiki called another gorgon to his field, this one with hair of red snakes and great brass claws. "I tune my locked Syclla with my Stheno! "Silent fangs dwelling in the Tataran depths," he began, as the arena around them trembled slightly once again, a rumbling sound as a great serpent shape slithered out of the great flash of light Hibiki's Synchro Summon was producing. "Pounce and strike, and sever the unworthy from their lives! Synchro Summon! Reptilianne Lamia!" 

A great serpent body surmounted by a horrific gorgon woman, emerald snakes writhing, golden claws flexing, towered above Hibiki and Kaede, letting out a bone-chilling hiss as she reached out towards Kaede's Breaker.

Reptilianne Lamia

Level 7, 2400/2100

"Lamia reduces the attack power of your strongest monster to zero when Synchro Summoned," Hibiki explained with a leer as Breaker was crushed in Lamia's hand, slumping onto the ground as its attack power plummeted. "Now your monsters are sitting ducks." He laughed as Kaede ran, sprinting with fear into the jungle. "Sure! Go find your Action Cards! Won't help you. Lamia attacks Priestess!"

Lamia swept forward, lashing out with her tail and felling several trees, Kaede's Tower slumping further in the aftershock of the strike. Kaede jumped, grabbing an Action card as it started to flicker, glitching out as the prjector started to make a disconcerting whirring sound beneath their feet. "Action Magic! Selection of Miracle!" she cried, sounding desperate. "I cut the damage I take in half- Aaaah!" 

Priestess was blasted through, the tail of Lamia smacking into Kaede, sending her catapulting across the field, to Hibiki's amusement. She slammed into a tree, falling to the ground as her Hannibal necromancer fell free of her exploding monster, now glowing with a red light as it lumbered towards her, claws flexed.

Kaede: 2300 > 1100

"Take Mini-Guts' damage!" Hibiki yowled. Kaede scrambled, spying another Action Card in the flickering undergrowth. She clambered towards it-

She let out a horrified yell as she was yanked from the ground, great scaly coils wrapping around her, Lamia hissing down at her, fangs bared as smoking venom dripped from blood-red fangs. Hibiki sneered as he caught up, picking up the Action Card. Kaede's Hannibal Necromancer was almost upon them.

"What an interesting card. I think it'll be fun to play this. The Action Magic Force Fight causes an immediate battle between Lamia and Breaker!" Lamie uncoiled her body like a whip, Kaede being thrown bodily at her own weakened monster. The two collapsed onto the ground as Lamia descended upon them, flashing her fangs at them for a killing blow, Necormancer finally pouncing and exploding in a flash of red light.

Kaede: 1100 > 0 > 0

The Action Field finally collapsed around them, the Tower fading out of existence as it fell, everything flickering out to reveal the extent of the damage Hibiki had caused, cracks running across the entirety of the field like fault lines. Hibiki cackled madly as he stood over the prone body of Kaede, his laugh somehow sounding out over the copious boos and shouts of anger from the audience, ringing through the entire stadium.

"Yugo, about your lineage." Furiko started, causing Yugo to sigh. He wasn't sure if he was ready for this. "Ever since I could remember, there was one man who inspired me to duel, inspired me how to duel above all others. One that I thought was the best. But even then, there was person he could never beat. One person who always managed to outpace him." Yugo nodded, pretty sure what she meant... he hoped Actually, he was kinda lost."Even beyond that, Yusho was one of my greatest inspirations to learning how to Action Duel. He had a style about him that others didn't carry, and made the Action Cards truly feel like part of his performance rather than a crutch. And even still, that monster that you had summoned and that duel you had against Maggie was something I had never seen before. Something that left me in awe. So what I'm saying is," a fiery look of determination appeared in her eyes as she looked towards Yugo. "To settle an age old rivalry, to prove who learned best from Yusho, and most importantly, just because I want to beat you, make it to the finals. and I'll be sure to meet you there."

Yugo grinned widely at this. This was much better! Maybe he found someone he could duel with, one that wasn't so hung up on their family, like Jackie and... everyone else, really. He was excited now. "You betcha!" He said, giving her a thumbs up. "And then the person who wins gets to beat Kyouji!"

"Wow, at least sound like you know I won't just totally stomp you," Kyouji piped up. He then turned his attention to Aika, who began to speak.

"What we learned regardin' our lil' crisis," Aika started, "is a whole lotta nothin'. Me an' Furiko looked into some creepy ol' man, he ain't got nothin' t'do with it, Mr. X is either nuts or his deck's a buncha sissies, an' we ain't got no leads at all on the case. Whoever's behind all this Wicked God nonsense sure is makin' it tough to track 'em down." Kyouji nodded, stroking his chin. 

"Yeah, that makes sense. They must know about us now, and they don't want to tip their hands until they can get to me, I bet," Kyouji looked out the box. "Oh, hey, that weird snake boy is dueling," He muttered as he turned his focus to it. When Hibiki directly called out Yugo, Kyouji looked over at the banana boy. "So... do you know him?" Yugo picked his ear and then shook his head. 

"Nope, never seen that weirdo before in my life. I swear, it's like a curse that people like him are attracted to me,"

"If only it worked with attractive girls," Kyouji teased, elbowing Yugo. He then turned to Aika and Furiko. "So you two, nervous about your first match?" Meanwhile, Yugo looked over to Kuria.

"So, um... what's with the cool robot parts, dude?"

"Oh, hey again! Bumping into each other twice in a day, crazy huh?" Her attention turned to Nero. Whatever was up, she didn't know what it was, and she didn't like that. "And is that Nero Dmitri!? I was such a big fan of yours, but I could have sworn you were dead! I'm actually going pro myself, so it'd be a real honor to duel a former pro. Let's show these people what a live pro-level duel looks like, okay? I insist!"

You could hear a pin drop in the room as the two males stared at the newcomer.  

"I insist. Let me handle this guy, and once I'm done with him, you're telling me what's going on."

Both Blues and Nero looked at the woman in front of them, blinking in unison. "Who the hell?" The two asked at the same time. Nero recovered first, shaking his head. "No, no, no, you don't get it, woman. I don't have time to duel you all one-on-one, so here's the deal, one you can't refuse... literally," He said as black shadows began to creep around them, forming a giant circle underneath of them, before exploding into a sphere that engulfed them all. Any duel disks that weren't activated were suddenly activated. "Now, You three will go first, and then, it will be my turn, and I will crush the three of you," He said. "And no, you can't attack me until after my turn. That's just common sense. Now, decide your turn order!" Blues clicked his tongue and looked at the two.

"Well, looks like we're all in this together. I'll go last of the three of us. Ladies first. You two figure out who does the first move, however," He said as he turned his attention to their surroundings. It was just pure darkness in every direction, and yet, they could still see like it was board daylight. How unusual...

The medical wing was quick to see that Tycho was indeed injured. They took him in quickly, trying their best to fix him up. They took off his shirt to disinfect his wound and wrap it up. However, as they asked him what happened, the man was quiet. They finally gave it up and just finished treating him, leaving him and Eizar alone.

Juri came back to her booth, looking over the weird person that took over. What the heck? Oh well, she had a job to do. "Next up is Yuria Kaneko vs. Junko Nakazawa!" She called out, still eyeing the person in her booth.

oXNSzB8.png

~Henry’s Turn~

“Alright, I draw,” Henry stated as he drew his card. “And now, because of Omega’s effect, he returns to the field, while the card he banished returns to your hand,” He explained as the monster returned to the field. “Now, I’ll summon Goblindbergh from my hand, and when he’s summoned, I can Special Summon a level 4 monster from my hand by turning Goblindbergh into Defense Position!” A small goblin flying a plane appeared on the field, dropping a cargo box that broke open to reveal a horde of club wielding goblins. “And now, I’ll overlay them!” He stated as a black hole appeared beneath his monsters, the two being sucked in. 

“Oh great Ninja of the Night, appear with your swift speed and overwhelm my opponents! Xyz Summon! Level 4, Blade Armor Ninja!!” A ninja dressed in purple armor appeared on the field, spinning his blades in his hands. 

Blade Armor Ninja
Rank 4 Wind Warrior
2200/1000

“And now, I’ll play the Spell Card Foolish Burial, which allows me to send a monster from my deck to the grave! I’ll choose The Immortal Bushi!” With a smile, Henry then informed Miero, “Now that there is another warrior in the grave, Colossal Fighter gains another 100 attack points,” The white golem roared as his attack went up to 3200. “Now, I’ll activate Blade Armor’s effect! By detaching a material, Blade Armor Ninja can select a Ninja monster and allow it to attack twice! Granted, only it is a Ninja monster, it’ll be the one to gain this effect! And since the material that was sent to the graveyard was a warrior, Colossal gains yet another 100!” Looking at his 3300 ATK monster, and the 4400 one in front of him, Henry began to think to himself. He had no more cards in his hand, but he did have a facedown. What to do, what to do…

“Hey, you got this,” Colossal said to Henry. “We got over bigger than 4400 before, you know,” 

“I am willing to sacrifice myself to the cause, master,” Blade Armor stated, bowing a bit. Omega remained silent as it stared at the two monsters in their way. Henry nodded and held out his hand. 

Only Vantoase seemed to have tensed up at the statement, even if only minutely. The White Lady, however, seemed calm about everything that was happening...though that comes with a lack of face.

“I activate my facedown spell, Graceful Charity! I can draw three cards, but I have to discard two of them!” Henry drew his three and smirked. “I discard Aqua Armor Ninja and Silent Swordsman, both of which are warriors, and raise Colossal Fighter up to 3500!” He looked at his final card. “And this card here, will allow me to overcome your two,” He stated. “I activate Solidarity! When I only have one type of monster in my graveyard, which I do, Warriors, all monsters of the same type will gain 800 ATK!” Ninja and Colossal Fighter both let out battle cries as their attack went up to 3000 and 4300.

While unmoving, Vântoase did glance over towards her fellow Spirit, clearly irked about something. “How are you so calm?”

“I simply worry not about the results of duels that do not come with dire consequences, dear sister.”

“True, this duel doesn’t have any world shaking consequences, but you should treat each duel like they do. That’s how you improve, by giving your all in each duel you wage,” Colossal Fighter called out. 

“Battle Phase!” Henry suddenly yelled. “Blade Armor, attack Séance Beckoned - Vântoase!” Blade Armor nodded, disappearing in a flash, appearing in front of the defense position monster and slashing at it.  Though the blades appeared to simply pass through the spirit, she did let loose a growl in aggravation as she was forced to fade from view for the time being.

“Believe me, I am fully aware of needing to put your all into every duel, I just don’t allow the results to needlessly stress me out more than required...something my sister and a few others still need pushed into their skulls.” There was no taunt or snark, the White Lady spoke with a clear tone, as if simply stating facts.

“I suppose that’s admirable enough. I personally like the stress and rush you get from this!” Colossal Fighter added. 

“Blade Armor, now attack Séance Beckoned - The White Lady!” Henry commanded.

“As you wish,” Was the simple reply. No emotion escaped his voice as the purple wearing ninja charged at the White Lady, leaping in the air to attack.  

“...if you wish to join Moroi in that club, I shall not stop you,” she said with a sigh as the ninja slashed forward. Like with the other Ritual Spirit, the blades moved through the White Lady, but the blades came out…

...and they were melting away into light, rapidly covering the rest of the ninja to destroy him. Henry stared on as his life points dropped by 1100 once again.

Henry: 5800

“Now that both Ninja and his material was sent to the graveyard, Colossal Fighter’s attack goes up to 4500,” Henry said as Colossal Fighter grinned, holding up his fist. 

“No hard feelings, lady, but it’s time to take you down!” Colossal Fighter stated as ghostly figures of every warrior in the graveyards appeared behind the giant, staring down the White Lady before turning into energy that gathered in the fighter’s fist. “Now here we go! This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It’s burning grip cries out to me to defeat you! Take it all, our love, our anger, and all of bonds!”

“...really?” It was a low mutter, but the way the White Lady’s shoulders drooped, it was clear what she was thinking.

“Shining Colossal Crusher!” Both monster and summoner called out in unison as Colossal Fighter threw his golden punch into the White Lady. She made no move to avoid the strike, causing it to strike through her chest. The golden light began to mix with her own white light, causing a great flash to fill the entire room. Once the light was gone, the White Lady was gone…

...and Miero was on his hands and knees, breathing heavily.

“And a direct attack from PSY-Framelord Omega,” Henry finished as he watched Miero fall to the ground. Omega simply gathered energy between his hands and tossed the sphere that formed, striking Miero for 2800. “And with that, I end my turn,”

Dread Knight smiled a little as he watched the two card wielders talk it out. Standing up, he decided to head out to the front. He had to make sure he was there to greet the reinforcements.

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

Daichi was really hoping the smiling thing did the trick to get Helena to break out of the small frown she was in. To his surprise, it did. Helena was already starting to giggle and even smile.

"Hehe...Your...Silly, Daichi...But I guess duelists like you have a knack for making others smile..."

"Heh, well...sorry it took me this long to try and make with the smiles." he said, glancing at Dread Knight who already walked off. "Guess I needed some help to remind me what I am and what I do this for." Daichi shifted his gaze back to Helena and smiled once more. "Regardless of that, do me a favor, Helena. I want you to keep smiling."

He knew Helena would be taken back by this little request, but Daichi immediately continued to explain. "I'll level with you, I don't know what kind of things you've gone through. I really didn't even know about you being Psychic until a few moments ago. But...no matter what happens, ya can't let things get to ya. Smiling and pretty much help you through any mood your in. Sad? Smile it away...it's that simple." He held a hand out towards Helena, nodding. "Can ya do that?"

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

As Jet continued to recover from his spell...he could hear the soothing melody that came almost from out of nowhere. It was a soothing...lulling melody and song that seemed to relax him more than he previously was. The pain he once felt was also beginning to slowly fade.

W-Where...is this coming from...? he thought, just being drawn in by the melody, being relaxed and calmed by it.

The cooing that Jet strangely heard began to mutate, still sounding melodic, but now creating recognizable words in his head from a large and feminine being.

Recognize me not, child?

~Kuria's POV~

"So, um... what's with the cool robot parts, dude?"

Kuria admittedly flinched upon the question being asked of him, subconsciously attempting to cover his left eye with his bangs, though it did not stop the light-blue light of the eye in question from faintly glowing through the hairs. "I was in a wreck a little over five years ago while on the clock. A pair of Turbo duelists weren't paying attention to what they were doing and ended up crashing into the 18-wheeler I was driving at the time...they connected with enough speed and at the right points to send me and the vehicle I was driving flying into several buildings in Turbo City."

Kuria brought his left hand over his left eye, pushing up his glasses in the process and temporarily blurring his vision in the still-living eye. He did not like talking about his lost limb and eye, but often found it was simpiler to get out everything in the first little bit so that whomever's asking did not need to ask further questions. And so, careful not to let his disgust and aggravation show on his face, Kuria continued to speak. "Rubble from one of the buildings I crashed into because of that crushed my arm and glass went under my glasses and pierced my eye. Any further and that shard could have punctured my skull." The partial-cyborg found himself looking out the window towards the duel fields. "Were it not for the insurance I was paying for and that, at the time, the Turbo branch of Kaiba Corp was experimenting with cybernetics, I'd be half-blind and without an arm..."

Blowing air out his nose, Kuria moved his hand from over his eye to his nose to pinch at its bridge as he closed his eyes. "Dammit, there's too much negativity about these days if even I seem depressed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Miero's POV~

Even though the staff was used in summoning the various Ritual Spirits…

...this was a moment he was glad he had it, because the librarian wasn’t sure he would be able to get back up onto his own feet. He felt drained, almost completely out of energy. If he wasn’t careful, he could legitimately pass out mid-duel.

“...what...the hell...kind of deck...did my father...have, he barely managed as he stood with a heavy shake to his legs, using the golden staff to support his weight. “I...I draw,” Miero managed to say with more volume as he drew into the next card of the deck, reading over the new card for a moment as well as the one that returned to his hand. Quickly reading over the face-up trap on the field, Miero looked back up towards the towering monster with a gulp. “...I guess there is no helping it,” he said with a slightly defeated tone.

First, he placed down the monster card depicting the little four-winged golden bird, the Seeker’s halo showing around it. “First, I normal summon Séance Seeker,” Miero stated, remembering the bird’s effect. “In exchange for 1000 LP, I can add to my hand a ‘Séance’ card from my deck.” Miero quickly looked through his deck, finding the one that he figured would likely help him the most, a blue card that showed a second 'Séance Beckoned - Vântoase'. He winced as he felt the drain of LP affect him, causing his stance to be even more shaky.

Miero Tammabukku: 4100 ---> 3100

“Since I summoned a Spirit monster, Possessive Séance finally activates. Every time I summon a Spirit monster, all non-Spirit monsters gain a Possession Counter. All monsters with a Possession Counter them are then treated as Spirit monsters while this card is face-up on the field.”

Both of the warriors began to glow with a spectral light as the power of the circle that formed momentarily under Miero’s feet transferred itself into them, making them look more spectral in appearance. “Séance monsters, like the Seeker, also increase their ATK and DEF by 100 times the total number of Possession Counters on the field, even if they are not a Spirit themselves.”

As if to stress a point, the little bird began to flap harder and harder to show its increased strength...which was not much to begin with. A watcher of the duel couldn’t blame the little ball of feathery fluff for trying, though.

Séance Seeker (ATK): 100/100 ---> 300/300

The next card that Miero played on the field was a green card, a Spell. “I now activate Séance Shadow, an Equip Spell that latches onto one of your monsters instead...and I choose your Colossal Warrior.” While it was already looking semi-transparent, the warrior found itself with a bluish slightly-fiery glow to itself. “For the Ritual Summon of a Séance Beckoned monster, I may choose to tribute a monster of the opponent’s equipped with this spell. With one card facedown, I will end the turn and return Séance Seeker to my hand.” The little bird disappeared, flying back to Miero’s hand for the time being with a cheerful chirp…

~Miero Tammabukku~
LP: 3100
Number in Hand: 2
Field:
~Monsters: None
~Spells/Traps: Possessive Séance, Séance Shadow (equipped to Colossal Warrior), 1 facedown
~Field Spell: None
Graveyard:
~Chains of the Séance, Séance Hound, Preparation of Rites, Words of the Forbidden Séance, Séance Beckoned - Vântoase, Séance Beckoned - The White Lady
Banished:
~Face-up: Séance Beckoned - The White Lady
~Face-down: None

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko nodded as Yugo stated that the two would meet in the finals. She knew that in order to beat Kyouji, she'd need to first get through the tournament, and giving herself more and more step by step goals to reach there was starting to help her get over her loss. It was then that her attention was drawn to the duel in progress. Seeing the white haired man in action was nothing short of horror show. Absolutely brutal in his display, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl that was going against him as he seemed to just ragdoll her around. She started to feel her blood boil as he directly challenged her and Kyouji, wondering why he'd go to such lengths to try and harm them all, but at the same time not really caring. More than anything, she just wanted him to stop, and to that end, beat him decisively this time. Of course, she wouldn't be the one facing off against him, and so she just had to put her faith in Yugo to do it for her. 

As Kyouji asked if they were feeling nervous for the upcoming matches, Furiko then realized that it was only three matches until her own. Looking at Kyouji, a confidence in her tone she said, "It won't be anything I can't handle. Though, I can't say I've heard of my opponent for, so I'm curious to see what they've got in store." While Furiko had said this, she was most definitely nervous. The last duel she had had was a blow to her confidence, and she wasn't quite sure if she had really gotten over it yet. Though, she couldn't really let this on to the others, especially not to the person who beat her, and thus left things at that. Soon after she said this, Kuria, at Yugo's behest, told the group the story of how he got his metal arm and eye. At the end of it, Furiko could only look solemnly saying, "wow, that's terrible. Well, at least you're still here with us today." 

oR7NKgI.png?1

As Hanae had gotten ready to go up against the duelist, it was then that a familiar voice rang out in the room, causing her eyes to go wide. "Oh no..." Hanae muttered. She looked to see that the voice did indeed belong to none other than Ayame Iwaki. Hanae felt her eye twitch as the girl just casually stroll in start acting like nothing was wrong, with her internal self screaming a procession of "fucks," and "what the hells," the girl then seemed to want to duel in Hanae's place. It was at this point that Ayame took on a different tone as she looked back to Hanae. The girl knew that tone fairly well. Ayame rarely used it, but when she did it meant she was in no way playing around. As such, when the purple hair girl finished, Hanae simply said, "Hell funking No!" 

The look of anger in her scowl was quite clearly evident. Hanae started to get more frustrated as the girl who was her senior in dueling and age seemed to think that she needed to be bailed out of this situation. She felt as though she was being looked down upon, and that this was a situation that Ayame believed this to be a situation that Hanae could in no way handle. With her hands balled, and her teeth gritting she said, "No. I can handle this myself, I don't need some senpai," the word was practically laced with venom, "to come and save the day."

It was at this point their opponent seemed to be both confused and equally fed up with the antics that were going on. As such, a dark sphere appeared around the group as he declared the rules of the duel they were about to take part in. "What!?" Hanae thought both the rules and the fact that she had to duel alongside Ayame were both stupid, though, she wasn't in any real position to refuse. As Blues stated that he would go last, before Ayame could even say anything on the matter, Hanae stated, "fine, then I'll go first. My turn!" Drawing her five cards, she immediately took one from her hand.

"First, I summon  Predator plant Orphys Scorpio. When this card is summoned I can discard one Predator Plant monster from my hand and special summon another one from my deck." Discarding the Drosophyllum Hydra from her hand, she then said, "and so I summon Predator Plant Squid Drosera!" As she said this, the strange scorpion like plant struck its stinger into the ground, pumping what appeared to be poison into it before finishing and uprooting a strange plant with tendrils lashing out from where the petals would be. "Finally, I set two cards face down, and end my turn!"

Hanae:

LP: 8000

Field: Squid Drosera, Orphys Scorpio

Two Face-Downs 

Graveyard: Drosophyllum Hydra

As the duel had ended between Hibiki and Kaede, the short black haired girl in the announcer's booth couldn't help but say, "sheesh. What a savage." It was at this point that the actual announcer, Juri, had come back to the commentators booth. As she announced the next match-up that was happening, the girl said, "oh, nice! Well, I'll leave this match up to you Juri!" With that, the girl stood up and started to walk out of the room, her red scarf somehow flowing in the wind as she did, leaving the announcer probably just more confused. 

DidrsfD.png

"Hell funking No! No. I can handle this myself, I don't need some senpai to come and save the day."

"No, no, no, you don't get it, woman. I don't have time to duel you all one-on-one, so here's the deal, one you can't refuse... literally." And then everything went dark. Sort of. Ayame - along with Hanae, Blues, and Nero - found herself in some sort of sphere of darkness. However, she could see perfectly fine, like it were still broad daylight. She was liking this situation less and less with each new development. Hanae's pretty expected rejection, dealing with somebody who was supposed to be dead, whatever freaky stuff he was doing right now, the whole thing just screamed bad news to Ayame. "Now, You three will go first, and then, it will be my turn, and I will crush the three of you. And no, you can't attack me until after my turn. That's just common sense. Now, decide your turn order!"

"Well, looks like we're all in this together. I'll go last of the three of us. Ladies first. You two figure out who does the first move, however."

"What!? Fine, then I'll go first. My turn!" And what a turn it was. Sort of. Not really. She only got to summon a couple monsters and set a couple face-down cards. Now it was Ayame's turn though. She'd see about picking up the pace a bit. Or rather, keep Nero from getting a pace of his own.

"My turn! Draw!" Ayame drew and looked over her starting hand. Easy money. "First, by discarding Cyber Dragon from my hand, I'll Special Summon Galaxy Soldier to the field, activating its effect and letting me add another Galaxy Soldier from the deck to my hand. Next, I'll Normal Summon Cyber Dragon Drei, and activate its effect to make it become a Level 5 monster. And now, I'll create the Overlay Network using my two Level 5 monsters! I summon Constellar Pleiades in attack position!" As Ayame's quick play came to a close, a tall warrior wearing bright armor appeared before her, its stats displaying for all to see.

Constellar Pleiades: Rank 5 | LIGHT | Warrior/Xyz/Effect | 2500 ATK / 1500DEF

"I end my turn." I'd like to go bigger, but let's not overextend so soon.

"Heh, well...sorry it took me this long to try and make with the smiles." he said, glancing at Dread Knight who already walked off. "Guess I needed some help to remind me what I am and what I do this for." Daichi shifted his gaze back to Helena and smiled once more. "Regardless of that, do me a favor, Helena. I want you to keep smiling."

Considering what had happened, that seemed to be a hard thing to do. But with everyone comforting her and trying to reassure her, Helena felt that smiling may not be so hard at all. "Ok... I'll... I'll try..." She blushed nervously, all this attention was a little weird considering she had been avoided by so many people for so long.

"I'll level with you, I don't know what kind of things you've gone through. I really didn't even know about you being Psychic until a few moments ago. But...no matter what happens, ya can't let things get to ya. Smiling and pretty much help you through any mood your in. Sad? Smile it away...it's that simple." He held a hand out towards Helena, nodding. "Can ya do that?"

It wasn't a problem he didn't know, Daichi never saw her use her powers once, whether it be using a monster, spell, or trap's effects outside of dueling or the incident that took place during the attack on the Citadel. She had let things get to her and that's what caused her to lose it, just like long ago. But if people were willing to help her through this, people who show legitimate care and concern for her, then she wouldn't turn them down. Daichi, Dread Knight, the Silents, Buster Whelp, they were her friends, they care for her. She wasn't alone.

"I will... Thank you, Daichi..."

x393wz.jpg

Shiren was happy to see that Helena was getting along nicely. With everyone supporting her it seemed like she was opening up more and more. Her powers were still a problem however, and while everyone was helping Helena with her to open up, Shiren was gonna help with her psychic problem. "Who is your mother anyways, and where is she at the moment?" she asked turning back to Clear Wing.

"It's not fair. What have I done to deserve this burden?" Such a melancholic statement coming from a man that exhibited such pride when they first met. 'Did the sight of Dread Knight changing into an enemy hurt him that much or was the demeanor shown at the meeting a facade,' Eizar thought to himself before placing the old man on the hospital bed. He didn't really know what to do in this situation, and motivational speeches weren't really his forte. 'Perhaps a distraction would work,' he pondered. It was then it felt like the stadium was hit by an earthquake, jolting him out of his thoughts and looking around. 'An earthquake, now?' He thought, panicked. 'Wait, the shock was sudden, not gradual. Maybe it was an Action Duel, but it was too real for it to be one of those.' He shook his head and  looked for a way to distract Tycho from his current depression. Then he remembered.

"Say, um, Tycho," he began while tapping his shoulder. "Didn't Blues give you a message from the actual Dread Knight before we got away?"

Tycho was only jerked from his stupor by the television across from him, and the accompanying tremor as the screen went white. Hibiki had even managed to interrupt the feed briefly. It flickered back on soon enough, revealing the ruined Action Field. Tycho didn't seem overly concerned, however.

What did concern him was the next match, as it was announced on the screen. Yuria's name was called. There was an awkward minute of silence, her opponent standing on the field, careful to avoid the crater Hibiki had left as it was hastily covered up. Several minutes passed as the medical team finished up Tycho's shoulder, Yuria's name called a few more times.

"She won't come," Tycho said melancholily. The medical team looked at each other with raised eyebrows, then moved away from Tycho, his shoulder freshly wrapped, turning their attention to Kaede as she was urgently hurried in. He turned to Eizar. His face looked almost as gray as his hair. "Izayoi. He got to her before I reached him." He clenched a fist, punching the wall beside him, his body quivering. 

"We've lost so much," he cursed, voice breaking noticeably. "And one of the few people left to care is gone now." The memory of Yuria shouting at him in the meeting at Kaibacorp resounded in his head, the fire of her words echoing uselessly on his brain. They had inspired so much confidence in him then. Now they were hollow in her absence. 

"Mr. Bosko." Tycho looked up blearily to see a tournament official, nervously stepping back and forth on his feet, his eyes on Tycho's shoulder. "Um, Ms. Kaneko has been disqualified for failing to show up to her match... That means yours is next. Are you able to duel?" he asked, gesturing to Tycho's shoulder. The man looked like a nervous wreck. Tycho looked around, seeing Mr. X and Kaede lying in beds behind him, Kaede hidden by a throng of medical staff. He could hardly blame the man. So many of the tournament participants had ended up here. Tycho hadn't even gotten his injury in a duel.

"I suppose so," he sighed, standing, rubbing at his shoulder in discomfort. He looked around, despondent. "I'll need some clothes," he pointed out, gesturing to his bare chest, his shirt and jacket still bloody in the corner.

"Yes, right," the official said hurriedly, looking with a twitching eye at Tycho's large, wide frame. "Well, I'll, uh... see what I can rustle up, I guess. Be right back." He turned on his heel, bolting out the door.

Tycho shook his head. "I don't know why I'm even bothering." He looked out the door of the medical bay, but it was clear he wasn't actually looking at anything out there, but something in his mind. "Maybe I should drop out of the tournament now... save myself the trouble." He gritted his teeth. "I can't beat Izayoi, I can't beat the Gods... I'm nothing. I've wasted my time."

Eizar then reminded him. Tycho blinked, looking down at the card in his hand. He had numbly taken it from Blues, barely realizing he had it. It had been n his hand all this time, though in fairness, it had been clutched in the numbed hand attached to the injured shoulder.

"I guess so, Eizar," he sighed, placing the card in his Duel Disk. "I might as well do my friend the courtesy before I... end this mission I've wasted my life on."

• 5 weeks later...

Blues watched the moves of the other made their moves. It seemed like this would go well. "I draw!" He looked at his hand, grinning. "I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound!" A large mechanical dog appeared on the field, snarling at Nero. "When it's summoned, I can burn my opponent for 600!" He stated, the robo dog opening his mouth and firing a small machine gun at Nero, causing the man to fold his arms to block the shots.

Nero: 24000 - 600 = 23400

"And now, I activate its effect! I can Fusion Ancient Gear Monsters, using materials on the field or in my hand! I send my Ancient Gear and Ancient Gear Box to Fusion Summon!" a vortex appeared, the two monsters swirling in the air and melding together. "Mechanical soldiers inheriting ancient souls, form an allegiance and join, and be reborn together as a new power! Fusion Summon! Appear! Level 8! Antique Gear Howitzer!" A large mechanical monster appeared on the field in a defensive position. "And now, I activate its effect! Once per turn, I can burn you for 1000!" He stated as he pointed at Nero, who had to block cannon fire from Howitzer. 

Nero: 22400

"And with that, I end my turn," Blues stated. Nero drew his card.

"When I have no Spells or Traps on the field, I can Special Summon Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss!" A large demon with a mace appeared on the field, spinning its weapon. "And now I Special Summon Cagnar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, using the same conditions!" He summoned another demon, glaring at the opponents. Blues narrowed his eyes behind his sunglasses. Nero was a Heroes player... what was he doing with Burning Abyss? "And now, I overlay the two for Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss!" The two monsters overlayed into a man with red clothes and green hair.

"And now, I'll activate Constellar's effect!" Ayame called out. "By detaching an Xyz material, it can bounce back one card on the field! And that is your Dante!" She stated. Nero was stoned faced as the monster was returned to his Extra Deck. 

"Now I Special Summon Rubic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, and Normal Summon Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. Now, I synch for six to summon Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss," On the field, a man with a flaming guitar appeared on the field. "When Graff is sent to the graveyard without me Special Summoning it, I can Special Summon a Burning Abyss from the Deck. I Special Summon Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss in defense position. And now, I activate Virgil's effect. By discarding Scarm from my hand, I can shuffle a card from your graveyard into your deck. I'll shuffle Cyber Dragon from Ayame's graveyard. I then end my turn,"

As Tycho placed the card in his duel disk, the machine hummed to life, and a life sized hologram of Dread Knight appeared in front of Tycho. 

"Hello Tycho," Dread Knight stated. "I saw when you returned to the Spirit World your resolved had been shaken, so Blues and I recorded this before I left," He took in a deep breath. "I know what's going on right now is overwhelming. Hell, I'm a Psychic Duelist, able to sense Duel Spirits, and yet finding out how war torn the world was... it made me feel insignificant. TO be honest, the only thing that gave me hope was that you, the one man I knew with enough courage and determination to try to change Hearthome in plain sight, was a Blank Card user," He shook his head. "I know right now, it seems as if you are alone, but know that is not the case. I know you don't trust Kaiba, and I'm not saying that you need to be best friends with him right away, nor do you have to believe every word that comes out of his mouth, but know this. The boy... no... that man, still has a hopeful outlook on life, and he wishes to help not only Hearthome, but every city. And in the month he has been CEO, he has been taking steps towards that," He turned his head, as if checking a clock before turning back to Tycho.

"As for me. Know I am always your ally. As you face the wielders of the Gods and save people on that side, I will weaken the Gods here, and save the Hearthomians that have already been taken, including my sister," He looked at him. "We WILL BOTH live to see Hearthome restored, with you working in the light, and I in the shadows, just as we always have," He looked to the Duel Disk. "As both a seal to the promise of this, and to remind you that you are never truly alone, that blank card you have inserted will reveal it's true form. Take care of it. I will return to get it back," 

With that, Dread Knight smiled. "One more thing... when this is all over, I want to meet you... not as Dread Knight, but in my civilian identity... I'd also like for you to meet my sister... I want her to meet a person I can truly call an ally and friend," He looked up to Tycho. "Good luck, my friend," With that, the hologram faded out. 

The card ejected itself so Tycho could grab it. What was once blank was now revealed to be a rank 4 Pendulum Xyz Monster called Dark Riot Dragon. The purple dragon seemed to have a mask covering its face... one very much like Dread Knight's. 

Yugo's face darkened as he heard Kuria's story. "Reckless drivers, huh? I hate those kind of people," Kyouji raised an eyebrow as he grabbed chairs. 

"Excuse me, have you met you?" He asked as he placed the chairs down. "Well, since we're all together, we might as well get to know each other," He said as he sat down. "In fact, right now, I'll answer any question you have for me. Anything at all. Nothing is too personal,"

oXNSzB8.png

As the duel between Miero and Henry continued, and as Daichi and Helena bonded, the ground began to rumbled. The doors opened up, and a large train with the face of an oni pulled in, steam hissing as it stopped. A door opened up, and various Superheavy Samurais walked out, inculding the one they saw in the meeting, Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei. "The Superheavy Samurais have arrived!" He called out. "Now, where are the humans? I wish to meet those that are so brave to take a stand with us!"

"Who is your mother anyways, and where is she at the moment?" Shiren asked Clear Wing, who scratched his cheek.

"It's Black Rose Dragon, and she's currently on patrol. She should be back soon though," He looked over and chuckled. "And looks like the Superheavies made it here first. How are the one that refuse to move in a fight the fastest to get here?" 

The Wicked Avatar walked through her portal, appearing deep in the lair where the Wicked Gods waited. The first thing she did was head to what seemed to be a medical wing, where Glaeris laid, tied to a table, his shirt and pants off, revealing his body was covered in what looked like black burns. He was fighting against his bindings, gritting his teeth. She turned to the one attending him, Emilia, who was wearing the Nekroz armor of Gungnir

"How is he?" Avatar asked as she hovered by her host, her eyes never leaving Glaeris. 

"Not the best, to be honest," Gungnir answered. "Endymion's magic got him really bad, and with the strain of overexerting himself as he tried to fight off the Gagagas... We're going our best to heal him, but it could take a few hours to a few days...," Avatar nodded, clenching her fist as she remembered what happened. When the two had returned to the base after the assault on the Citadel, Glaeris mentioned he felt something strange... right before shoving the Wicked God away. As it turned out, when the Wicked Eraser was banished, he was returned to their base... right next to where Glaeris and the Avatar was standing. If Glaeris hadn't pushed her... she would have been engulfed.

"I'll kill them!" Avatar looked up as she heard Glaeris growl inhumanly through his teeth. "I'll kill them, The Gagagas, Endymion, that damn Entertainer!"

Avatar shook her head before placing her hand on Glaeris's. "You moron," She muttered softly. "I would have been able to survive that... why did you save me, why are you so determined to fight for me...?"

"I don't need a reason," Glaeris's voice was softer as he stated this. "They're trying to hurt my Avatar, that's the only reason I need to want to destroy them. I'll destroy anyone who tries to hurt you!" The Wicked God chuckled softly. 

"We'll worry about that later. For now, rest. Get healed, and we'll finish this," The words seemed to sooth the injured boy, and he soon dozed off. Avatar stood, before addressing Nekroz of Gungnir. "Now, I know he's an... attractive boy, but if you do anything to him other than healing him while he sleeps... well," Her hand morphed into a blade. "I'll just have to show you what happens when someone tries to take someone that's mine," The armor wearing mage nodded, sweating a bit as she stared at the blade.

"Well, well, someone's protective," The Avatar turned to see The Wicked Eraser, Aladjinn, standing in the corner of the room, his arms folded. "Although, I can see why. I don't think even Yako Tenma was this dedicated to you, Selari," The Wicked Avatar turned her head, pouting. 

"Don't you have some kid to take care of?"

"Hey, if I have to call your host by his real name, you can do the same for Malin," Eraser shot back. "Speaking of which," The Eraser held his hand out, a plate of food appearing on it. He then headed out. "Time to make sure he eats," He headed deep into the base, past the cages and prisons of people, malnourished and broken, only waiting to become sacrifices to the Gods. He went past them all down a long hallway, where a fancy door was. He opened it, leading to a large room, one that seemed almost as big as a football stadium. Toys were littered all over the ground, there was a large TV right in front of an even bigger bed, which a small boy was sitting in. The room itself seemed to be covered in natural sunlight, despite the fact there were no windows. "Hey Malin, it's dinnertime," Aladjinn said. "I brought your favorite," He approached the bed, smiling. "How are you today?"

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"I will... Thank you, Daichi..."

"Anytime Helena." Daichi smiled. He had gotten Helena to smile and to have her keep smiling. Making a mental note to thank Dread Knight later and to possibly ask about his sister, Daichi prepared to walk away a bit, only to have the ground tremble tremendously. "Uhhhh...is this...normal?"

"The Superheavy Samurais have arrived!" He called out. "Now, where are the humans? I wish to meet those that are so brave to take a stand with us!"

"HOLY sheet!!!" the Entertainment Duelist exclaimed, pretty much falling over on his side a bit with a groan. More excitement needed in his life? After all this, he wasn't so sure. The Superheavy Samurai train, the one who's name escaped Daichi, just burst through the door and now stood Benkei. He stared at the samurai for a bit, remembering before this. Remembering the time where he couldn't answer Beneki.

"However, as the leader of my clan, I must ask the humans a question.You all are our best and only hope for defeating the Wicked Gods. However, why do you fight? I rather not stand beside people with wavering motives."

The words Benkei spoke at that time just continued to ring in his ear. But as he exhaled slowly, he slowly began to move forward. He knew good and well why he was fighting now...and with a smile, Daichi made his stand in front of Benkei.

Of course, the Superheavy Samurai would notice him stepping forward first and also remember that he was the one who didn't speak before. "Hmm? You, ah yes! You were the human who never answered my question." he started, staring down at Daichi. "Have you something to say now, human?"

Out of the corner of the room, Haruto and a few of the other Gagagas were standing by to watch what would transpire. But all the while, Haruto was hoping that this time Daichi would say something. C'mon Dai... he thought with bated breath.

-BGM-

With a clearing of his throat, Daichi looked up at Benkei and smiled widely. "My name is Daichi Raimu..." he said, before taking a quick bow. "I apologize for my lack of an answer...and a lack of resolve when you asked me that question of why I fight. Truthfully...I lost my purpose during my Duel against the Wicked Avatar's Duelist." he glanced over from Benkei over towards Dread Knight, Helena, and the others, before turning back to face the samurai. "However, as an entertainer, it's best to save the best for last, correct? My answer to you, Benkei, is that I fight..."

Daichi paused for a moment, before chuckling slightly. "I'm fighting to bring joy to people's lives. My goal is to make sure those who see me Duel, are filled with a genuine joy and happiness that they have to share it with everyone else." With a turn of his head, he smiled over at his allies and nodded. "Took me a while to finally figure that out...but I'm in this for the long haul. I'm going through this...to show those in the Wicked Gods' clutches...a true Action Duel! One where there is an abundance of joy and happiness to be had. One to where the shackles of the Wicked Gods will be broken!"

With a long sigh of relief, he only stood there, hands in his pockets as he smiled up at Benkei, finally giving his answer to the Superheavy Samurai.

Haruto could only nod, crossing his arms. That's it Dai...you're back on track. he thought, as he noticed someone else standing beside him, another spellcaster, but in ebony armor and now wearing a small smile on his face. "You seem relieved. Surprised that he's found his way again, Ebon Illusion Magician."

The Ebon Illusion Magician spoke not a word, but just simply stared at Daichi as he gave his little speech.

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

Recognize me not, child?

The voice the Duelist heard sounded quite feminine...and for some reason the melodic sounds began to paint for Jet a picture...one of a creature with a beautiful, melodic voice that specifically was humming something when he first met it...

A-Ancient....Pixie Dragon...? he thought, becoming relaxed more and more by the melodic and soothing voice. W-What...what's going on...?

oR7NKgI.png?1

After each of her other teammates had gone, Hanae wasn't entirely impressed by the move that Nero had pulled off against them. Thinking that she was going to easily be able to get rid of the monster he had out, her scowl didn't leave her face as she shouted, "my turn! Draw!" Looking at the card she just drew, her thoughts were validated. "First, I activate the trap card, Predator Planet. And now, I activate the spell card, Polymerization!" As she played the spell card the two plants on her field turned into purplish energy as they started to swirl together and merge. "Plant of grasping tendrils and plant of rapid creation, form a beast of vile creation and feast upon your prey. Fusion Summon! Devour, Level 7, Predator Plant Chimera Rafflessia." 

As the two plants merged into one, a large meat eating flower with two maws attached to large, vine like, appendages appeared. As it did, a small seed fell onto Virgil, as it exploded into vines wrapping across its body. "When Predator Plant Squid Drossera is sent from the field to the graveyard, it gives all my opponents monsters a Predator Counter, setting their level to one. Next, with Chimera Rafflessia I can target one level seven or lower monster on the field and banish it. And wouldn't you know? Virgil's the only one that fits that bill. Chimera!" As she called out to her monster, its teeth gnashed as it grabbed at the Burning Abyss monster. Dragging the fiend into the top of the flower, it then proceeded to devour the monster, leaving nothing behind. 

Adding a card to her hand, she said, "next, because of the effect of Predator Planet, when a monster with a Predator Counter leaves the field, I can add one Predator Plant monster from my deck to my hand. And I choose Predator Plant Sarraceniant, who I now summon." As the small plant ant came on to the field Hanae gave a small smirk to her opponent saying, "well, your field is looking awfully bare now. So, let's get to it. Chimera Rafflessia, Sarraceniant, attack him directly!" With that, the two monsters charged forward, one striking with large power and the other doing little more than just a small bite. 

Nero: 22400-->19800

"And with that, my turn is over." 

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko chuckled a bit at Kyouji's comment towards Yugo, but then was put to thinking about what to ask Kyouji as he opened the floor for question. As she briefly thought about it, she simply asked. "Well, why did you want to become the duel king?" 

DidrsfD.png

Blues and Nero passed their turns rather uneventfully, bar the effect of Ayame's Constellar Pleiades ultimately doing... not much, really. Then it came time for Hanae's turn. She cleared up Nero's field, then attacked directly for a chunk of damage. It was good damage, but didn't seem as significant with Nero's Life Point count being so high. Guess I'll have to add to that then.

"My turn, draw!" Ayame drew her card. It wasn't a significant card right now really, but it would probably be helpful later. The cards already in her hand would do just fine. "I activate the effect of Galaxy Soldier in my hand, discarding another Cyber Dragon to Special Summon it, and add a third copy of Galaxy Soldier from the Deck to my hand! Next, I activate the effect of that Galaxy Soldier, and discard Cyber Dragon Core to summon another Galaxy Soldier!" Ayame would have liked to deal a ton of damage in one turn, but the cards in her hand just weren't allowing for it. Instead, her focus was to keep Nero from making any big plays on his next turn. Hanae could definitely cover the damage front. Ayame, now with only one card in her hand, was not in a position to go ham.

"Using my Level 5 Galaxy Soldiers, I create the Overlay Network!" Another Rank 5 monster, but Ayame wasn't willing to just drop another Pleiades on the field. She still had the first one, and it still had one more Xyz Material. Summoning a second would be a waste, especially when Ayame only used two copies. She had a better idea. "Engage, Cyber Dragon Nova! And now I activate Cyber Dragon Nova's effect: By detaching an Xyz Material, I'll Special Summon Cyber Dragon from my Graveyard!" Next to the winged mechanical dragon, a wingless, armless version appeared with a metallic roar.

Cyber Dragon Nova: Rank 5 / LIGHT / Machine/Xyz/Effect / 2100ATK / 1600DEF

Cyber Dragon: Level 5 / LIGHT / Machine/Effect / 2100ATK / 1600DEF

"And now for my Battle Phase! First, I'll attack directly with Cyber Dragon and Constellar Pleiades!" The two monsters besides Cyber Dragon Nova unleashed their attacks in sync. Constellar Pleiades charged in for a melee strike, and a laser fired off from Cyber Dragon's mouth. Ayame wasn't done yet. There was still the Cyber Dragon Nova, which brought her to her next move. "And now, I'll activate the other effect of Cyber Dragon Nova! By banishing the Cyber Dragon I control, I'll increase its attack by 2100 points!"

Cyber Dragon Nova: 2100 -> 4200

"Attack! Prime Evolution Burst!" The winged machine's mouth opened, and fired off a beam of its own, much larger than the previous attack. A normal duel would have been over at this point, but that wasn't the case here.

Nero: 19800 -> 11000

"And now for good measure, I'll use my Cyber Dragon Nova as the Xyz Material for another Xyz Summon! Rank 6, activate, Cyber Dragon Infinity!" The winged dragon-machine before Ayame briefly became obscured by an almost-sphere made up of red hexagons, before the shape shattered to reveal a larger, more refined version of the previous monster.

Cyber Dragon Infinity: Rank 6 / LIGHT / Machine/Xyz/Effect / 2700/1600

"And that will end my turn." Teach you to mess with Academia's finest!

3CRqVF7.png
"Well, since we're all together, we might as well get to know each other. In fact, right now, I'll answer any question you have for me. Anything at all. Nothing is too personal."

Aika didn't really know what to ask. Asking about why he wanted to be the Duel King seemed too simple... not that it stopped Furiko. Aika opted to just put out the first question that hit her, as it hit her.

"Are you a psychic duelist?"

He did say nothing was too personal.

Helena's attention was immediately taken by the sudden rumbling going through the area. An earthquake? Another attack? Nope... Of all the things, she wasn't expecting an enormous train to be the cause of the rumbling, though in hindsight you should always expect the unexpected when in a place like the Spirit World. The leader of the Superheavy Samurai, Benkei, hopped out.

"The Superheavy Samurais have arrived!" He called out. "Now, where are the humans? I wish to meet those that are so brave to take a stand with us!"

"Well... That's one way to make an entrance..." Shiren waved goodbye to Clear Wing for now and went to join Helena again.

Helena was listening in on Daichi speaking to Benkei, it only just occured to her that he had never given an answer to the mechanical warrior like everyone else did.

"I'm fighting to bring joy to people's lives. My goal is to make sure those who see me Duel, are filled with a genuine joy and happiness that they have to share it with everyone else." With a turn of his head, he smiled over at his allies and nodded. "Took me a while to finally figure that out...but I'm in this for the long haul. I'm going through this...to show those in the Wicked Gods' clutches...a true Action Duel! One where there is an abundance of joy and happiness to be had. One to where the shackles of the Wicked Gods will be broken!"

So that was his answer, Helena was honestly thinking that she had given the weakest answer at this point. Compared to that, and Meiro's answer, hers was simply that she just wanted to help. But simple doesn't mean bad, she had her reason to help just like anybody else, doesn't matter if it's a small reason.

Tycho watched the Dread Knight hologram sadly, his eyes droopy, the man looking very tired. He didn't look relieved to see the message. And truth was he wasn't. What he was was ashamed.

"I've tried to save Hearthome... I've failed so much," he choked out as Dread Knight began his message. "I haven't even managed to waylay the Wicked Gods one bit..." He slumped, shoulders shaking. "I hate this!" His voice was harsh now, his eyes looking through the Knight's hologram, the words it spoke piercing him with every syllable. "I hate never being enough to save the city that doesn't even WANT me, that HATES me! I hate that I even want to help it! Why am I like this? Why have I wasted my life doing this?" He was shouting now again, though the medical staff were too busy with Kaede to really notice.

"To be honest, the only thing that gave me hope was that you, the one man I knew with enough courage and determination to try to change Hearthome in plain sight, was a Blank Card user,"

Tycho's breath caught in his throat at these words. He looked at the hologram in surprise. "I gave... him hope...?" he breathed. His mind spiraled back to the night he had met the man who would become his ally in the shadows, the furious duel that had commenced, the thrill of victory, the elation and triumph he had gained at having someone who shared his struggle. That had faded over time as he had weathered the weight of public opinion the Knight's anonymity absolved him of, and he had once more grown bitter and resentful. But in those moments, he had finally felt hope himself.

He had never thought anything he could have done would inspire the Knight himself.

"One more thing... when this is all over, I want to meet you... not as Dread Knight, but in my civilian identity... I'd also like for you to meet my sister... I want her to meet a person I can truly call an ally and friend."

That struck a chord with Tycho. The fact that the Knight had always been unwilling to place himself in the open, same as Tycho, to truly face the hatred of the city with him, had always been a sticking point in their friendship. Now the name ran through Tycho's head, the name he had heard when Saori had ambushed them a few days past. A few days... It felt like an eternity.

"I'd like that... Katagiri Takuro," he said, smiling as he held up the Dark Riot Dragon card. He looked over to Eizar, his face set in a frown. "Eizar... Yuria is gone. I think Izayoi took her." He stood, taking his Duel Disk and moving to place Dark Riot Dragon into the extra deck slot. "We have enemies on all sides. Watch out for yourself. Find the others... It's not good for any of us to be by ourselves right now." 

"Mr. Bosko!" Tycho paused as the same harried official hurried up, a bundle of black clothes held in his arms. "This was the best I could find that would fit. I hope this is-"

"It's fine," Tycho said, his voice calm now. He placed the card aside as she shrugged on the loose black shirt, and the long dark coat that swept down to his ankles. He kept the red scarf he wore at his neck, though it wasn't as tightly wound as it had been previously. "I'll be able to duel like this," he assured the official.

The man breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank god. This tournament didn't need another debacle already... Duel's in two minutes, let's hurry!"

"I mean it, Eizar!" Tycho called back as he followed the man. "Don't let anyone catch you by yourself! And make sure the Kaiba kid is alright. His duel is next... This won't take long." With that he turned his back on Eizar, and a minute later strode into the stadium, coat billowing behind him, to a mix of tense applause and the boos from several of the Hearthome citizens in the crowd. Tycho ignored them.

I don't care if you want me to save your home or not, he thought. I'm doing it anyway. A friend is counting on me to do it. He held up the Dark Riot Dragon card, which he still had not placed in his deck. He considered it briefly, then placed it in the inside pocket of his coat. Not yet, he thought to himself quietly, as his opponent entered the arena, walking around the covered hole Hibiki had left in the field. He armed his Duel Disk, glaring into the face of a woman, Kagami, who returned his gaze as the pair armed their Disks. 

"My name is Tycho Bosko," he intoned resolutely, drawing his hand. "You stand in my way. I intend to fix that."

"DUEL!"

Tycho (8000)/Kagami (8000)

"I'll defend my city... for Katagiri Takuro! My turn!" He held up a card, eyes sweeping over it. "Have they told you about me?" asked Tycho, eyes straying to Kagami. "That I'm Hearthome City's resident crackpot goody-two-shoes, I suppose?" Jeers from the stand accompanied this. "I might be the only one willing to defend Hearthome," he said, placing the card on his Disk. "But someone needs to be the first line of defense... I am not unlike this card here, that will protect me and lead me to a brighter future! I place a monster in defense mode!"

The crowd murmured in surprise at Tycho's play. Many who had seen his qualifier recalled how aggressive he had been then. He had been much the same with Izayoi earlier, though none of them had seen that. Tycho found his mind drifting to other matters, however. Whether the blank card carriers were alright. Especially Yugo.

"I place a card face-down," he continued. "Feel free to attack my monster. It will give itself up for the greater cause, just as I have."

~Miero's POV~

He ended up falling back over due to his shaky stance from the vibrations, falling onto his side and accidentally turning off the duel disk in the process to signal a forfieture.

Peeling himself off the ground carefully, Miero looked towards Henry with a tired look before saying in a raspy voice, "Sorry, guess I shouldn't be trying to continue this..."

"Now, where are the humans? I wish to meet those that are so brave to take a stand with us!"

Miero, using his staff to keep his balance, hesitated approaching in his current state. After seeing the ensemble that emerged, he was a little afraid of being accidentally snapped in two by some of the stronger monsters among them.

Because of this, he halway-beelined to a chair so he could sit down properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Kuria's POV~

"Excuse me, have you met you?"

Kuria actually couldn't help the giggle that came out of his mouth at Yugo getting called out like that, a small smile finally emerging on his face again. Taking a seat for himself, he listened to the others talk and asked the Duel King questions around him as he pulled out a chair to sit in, he found himself musing about something as he pulled out his deckbox, sifting through the cards in it before seeing the one he wanted.

Ancient Pixie---

...did the card just wink at him?

Rubbing the living eye out of confusion, he just silently watched and listened as the others talked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A-Ancient....Pixie Dragon...? W-What...what's going on...?

I know not, but I can feel my brother's rage. The least I can do is help ease the pain he forces you to endure during it.

A few moments passed in odd silence before the melody and words continued, easing the pain that crashed against it.

You need not fear the chance to flee from your unfair prison, let my friend help you.

And then a slight chuckle emerged among the melody of the voice.

And while it's just us, feel free to envision my friend, as some would put it, 'plant his metalic fist into your master's face with a vengeance'.

L6BfLNr.png?1

As the previous match had finished in a disqualification on one of the opponents, the bespectacled girl merely said, "congratulations on your win Junko. It appears I shall be fighting your next opponent so do take note of them." With that, the girl had left her waiting area as she walked over to duel arena. The response from the audience towards her opponent was a mixed one, causing the girl to raise an eyebrow, wondering just what kind of person she was against. As he declared his name and his intention, the girl merely returned the statement with a calm smile on her face as she said, "Duel!" in sync with her opponent. 

As the man declared just who he was and what his role in life was, Kagami's expression hadn't wavered. With a smile on her face, the girl seemed to be simply captivated by the zeal the man displayed and as her turn came along she said, "my apologies Mr. Bosko, but I have not heard of you or your exploits before. Though, since you have done the honor of introducing yourself to me, I shall extend the same gratitude to you. Kagami Saito, a girl of no real remark, at your service." 

Looking at the field of her opponent, the girl then said, "and I'm sorry, but I must apologize again. After all, if you are a shield as brilliant as you claim yourself to be, then I have no intention of going at it head on. My turn!" As the girl drew her card, she merely said, "I set five cards face-down, and end my turn with that."

Eizar watched the hologram along with Tycho, glancing to see the downtrodden man's face almost visibly sag at the sight of his ally. Dread Knight mentioned Tycho having gone through a major shock while in the Spirit World, causing the boy to wonder what they exactly saw while there. The man at one point shouted over the recording openly expressing his self-loathing to the image. Eizar slightly recoiled at the outburst, looking at Tycho and processing his words. 'So he was a sort of pariah in his home? I can't imagine how that could be like, having almost nobody to look too for comfort.' Eizar looked back at the hologram, which then said something that caught the old man's attention.

"To be honest, the only thing that gave me hope was that you, the one man I knew with enough courage and determination to try to change Hearthome in plain sight, was a Blank Card user."

Eizar looked at Tycho to see the negativity fade from his face as the image continued to speak, his eyes regaining a spark that he hasn't seen since everybody's journey began. After the recording finished, what steps I'm place of the Blank Card was that of an Xyz monster. His eyes widened in awe, turning towards Tycho in order to congratulate him only to be meet with a stern face, preparing for the fuel ahead.

"Eizar... Yuria is gone. I think Izayoi took her. We have enemies on all sides. Watch out for yourself. Find the others... It's not good for any of us to be by ourselves right now."

The boy steeled himself nodding as Tycho was getting escorted out of the room.

"I mean it, Eizar! Don't let anyone catch you by yourself! And make sure the Kaiba kid is alright. His duel is next... This won't take long."

After the man left Eizar stood up, stretched and ran out the door. "I have to get back to Blues and Hanae. I just hope I won't be too late."

• 2 weeks later...

Tycho flinched visibly at Kagami's move. Five cards set... He thought, his vision narrowing to contain just those five cards. This was a nightmare situation for any duelist. Five face-down cards, any one of them holding a potential duel-turning hazard. He gritted his teeth, running his gaze across them. They could be anything...

"My... turn," he said, obviously shaken as he drew his card. I can't afford to lose this duel! he though fervently. Dread Knight... Takuro! He's counting on me! Hearthome is counting on me!

"If you won't strike my shield... Then it will become my sword! Reveal Dust Knight!" Tycho's set monster flipped up, revealing a figure clad in a weathered suit of iron, hefting a sword to point at Kagami.

Dust Knight

1400/1200

"When Dust Knight is flipped, I send an EARTH monster from my deck to the Graveyard," Tycho explained, pulling a card from his deck, turning it for Kagami to see. "I will send Heraldic Beast Leo... You'll see it has 2000 attack points. A powerful beast. But sometimes something great," he went on, sliding it into his graveyard,  "Must be given up to achieve what you work towards... Just like I gave up my life for what I believe in. I WILL be rewarded for that! Leo's effect lets me add a Heraldic Beast monster to my hand when it's sent to the Graveyard." He held up another card before placing it on his Duel Disk. "I'll play the monster with the universe between its wings: Heraldic Beast Nebula Phoenix!"

A great violet bird appeared on Tycho's field, unfolding it's wings and letting out a trilling cry as it was engulfed in swirling flames, green and blue and violet, star-like sparks mixing among the flames.

Heraldic Beast Nebula Phoenix

1500/1000

"I'll cut through your Trap cards! I have to! Nebula Phoenix!" Tycho pointed at Kagami, who didn't seem at all ruffled. "Attack her directly!"

"You did just what I hoped you would!" Kagami claimed, not phased at all by the great flaming bird that was flying at her now. "I activate... a Quick-play Spell!"

"Spell?" asked Tycho, surprised. The audience seemed to echo his confusion.

The card set in the center of Kagami's field rose upward, a blinding light slowly growing from its surface. "Reveal Artifact Ignition!" Kagami rose a hand in the air, finger raised. "This card lets me destroy any Spell or Trap in play. And I choose... One of my own!"

Her finger fell to point at the card on her far left, which glowed with the same harsh light.

"What?!" Tycho asked, freezing. What's going on, he thought frantically, seeing the card turn up to reveal itself. Why would she destroy her own card?!

It was only then that he saw the true surprise waiting for him.

"I destroy my Artifact Lancea!"

Tycho's eyes widened, pupils shrinking. Wait a minute, that's...

"A Monster Card?!"

L6BfLNr.png?1

Kagami's naturally calm and smiling face didn't change as Tycho pointed out what her card was. Merely she clapped her hands together saying, "very observant." Despite sounding patronizing it was oddly genuine. "You see, my monsters are a bit different then most, as you are about to see." Pulling a card from her deck she continued her explanation. "When my Artifact Ignition destroys a spell or trap card, I am able to grab one Artifact Card from my deck and set it face down. In this case, I bring my Artifact Achilleshield from my deck and set it face down." Revealing the card, Tycho would be able to see that it was yet another monster card. Yet all the same, she placed it in one of her free spell and trap zones. 

"Now, if you are to bring a sword to face me then I shall respond in kind with a lance." As she claimed this, a card appeared from her graveyard into her hand. "You see, when Artifact Lancea is destroyed on my opponent's turn, I am able to special summon it from the graveyard onto the field. So come back my monster." Summoning the monster, a golden lance with green energy flowing through its spearhead appeared from the sky, striking itself into the ground. A green energy radiated off the weapon, until it coalesced into a humanoid looking figure that drew it, pointing it at the Dust Knight. "I apologize for stunting your attack once more, Yet," she smiled encouragingly at the man saying, "all the same, a thing like this won't stop a man such as yourself. So, what say you?" 

"Well, why did you want to become the duel king?" Furiko asked. Yugo leaned back as he heard that. He already knew the reason, and it frustrated him, to say the least. Well, not the reason, but the end result. Kyouji sighed and thought to himself.

"Well, you see, I didn't have it easy growing up," Kyouji said. "I'm not even sure who my parents are, my first memories were at the Turbo City orphanage. Back in the day it wasn't... as well financed as it was now. I wanted to be Duel king because I could use my position to help other people... Kings hold a lot of influence, after all," He chuckled. "Turns out even Kings have a lot of hoops to hop through though,"

"Are you a psychic duelist?" Aika added. Kyouji shook his head.

"Nah, not me. I can see Duel Spirits, but that's about it," He explained. "Any other questions?"

"Yeah, who do you think will kick your ass first?" Yugo asked. Kyouji chuckled and shook his head.

"No one in this room, how about that?" He answered. He leaned back. "Well, let me ask you all something," Looking at Furiko, he asked, "So, why do you want to be Duel King... er... Queen?" He then looked at Aika. "So, what were your plans before being dragged into... all this?"

Blues looked at his cards before he looked back at the group. They had a pretty powerful field. Still, just in case, he better have a defense up, just in case. "I activate Antique Gear Howitzer's effect! It burns for 1000!"

Nero: 11000 -> 10000

"And now I activate One Day of Peace! We both draw a card, and no damage can be done to us until the end of your turn!" The two duelists drew and Blues stared at his hand. He almost had something... But he would wait it out. He had a very bad feeling.

"And with that, I end my turn," Nero drew his card and smirked.

"First, I play Pot of Greed! This lets me draw two cards from my deck!" He said as he looked over his hand. "Now, I activate the Field Spell Mound of the Bound Creator!" He called out as the ground began to shake beneath him, three giant wood pillars tearing out of the ground, raising far into the black sky. "While this card is activate, Level 10 or higher monsters on the field cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects!" he stated with a wild smile. "And now, I activate Soul Charge! By reducing my life in increments of 1000, I can Special Summon monsters from my graveyard to my field! I'll summon three of them!"

Nero:10000 -> 7000

"Not so fast! I'll activate Cyber Dragon Infinity's effect!" Ayame called out. "By detaching a material, I can negate the activation of a card!"

"Well, then it's a good thing I have this Quick Play spell in my hand! I activate Forbidden Chalice! Your monster gains 400 attack, but its effect is negated!" Ayame gritted her teeth as her attempt failed. "And now, I summon three demons of the Burning Abyss. It doesn't matter though, because now, I sacrifice them!" Blues's eyes widened from behind his sunglasses.

"Three Fiends, used for a summon... oh no,"

A Dark Force Rises

"Oh yes! I now summon the Wicked Sacred Beast, Shin Raviel, Emperor of Phantasms!" Nero spread out his arms, throwing back his head as he began to laugh manically. A beam of light shot down from the sky, striking in the center of the three pillars. An eruption of pure energy exploded, nearly blinding those that looked at it. When the light died down, they could see what appeared to be A large four eyed demon, with large wings sprouting from its back and a large tail behind it. However, it now also had black markings all over his body, and glowing red marks. "Now, what will you do against such might?!" Nero called out. "Due to Soul Charge, I can not attack, so I end my turn!"

Blues's eyes narrowed before he turned to his partners. "I think Raviel has had its power increased by the Wicked Gods. Be careful, we have no idea what it can do now,"

oXNSzB8.png

With a clearing of his throat, Daichi looked up at Benkei and smiled widely. "My name is Daichi Raimu..." he said, before taking a quick bow. "I apologize for my lack of an answer...and a lack of resolve when you asked me that question of why I fight. Truthfully...I lost my purpose during my Duel against the Wicked Avatar's Duelist." he glanced over from Benkei over towards Dread Knight, Helena, and the others, before turning back to face the samurai. "However, as an entertainer, it's best to save the best for last, correct? My answer to you, Benkei, is that I fight..." Daichi paused for a moment, before chuckling slightly. "I'm fighting to bring joy to people's lives. My goal is to make sure those who see me Duel, are filled with a genuine joy and happiness that they have to share it with everyone else." With a turn of his head, he smiled over at his allies and nodded. "Took me a while to finally figure that out...but I'm in this for the long haul. I'm going through this...to show those in the Wicked Gods' clutches...a true Action Duel! One where there is an abundance of joy and happiness to be had. One to where the shackles of the Wicked Gods will be broken!"

Benkei let out a hardy laugh and slapped Daichi on the back. "I like you, boy! With your new found determination, I'm sure we'll get through this war!"

"Always the optimist, aren't you. Benkei?" A voice called out. From the train, a small squadron of Amazoness began to pile out.

"You could hold your comments this once, since we gave you a ride and all," Benkei commented.

"Oh sweet Jesus!" Wade said in a panic, making a mad dash towards where Miero was, skidding to a stop besides him and hiding behind him. "I'm not here!" He whispered harshly at Miero. Henry shook his head as Dread Knight sighed, his face meeting his palm.

There were four children among the amazoness, four girls, each not looking any older than Helena. To those who knew their cards, they'd recognize them as Amazoness Trainee, Amazoness Princess, and the Amazoness Scouts. They noticed the direction Wade fled in and ran over, looking behind Miero and smiling when they saw Wade.

"Daddy!" They all cried, the four of them hugging a different limb. Wade sighed to himself and looked at them.

"Hey girls, Dad's home!" He tried to sound enthusiastic, but everyone could hear the dread in his voice.

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko heart dropped a bit as she heard what Kyouji's motivations for becoming the king had been. It wasn't as though it were an uncommon story, though still sad, but there was something more to it. While their intentions might have been the same, Furiko hadn't gone through the same struggle that he had. She had grown up in Cradle, one of the most affluent cities in the Greater Domino Area. She had two parents that had only pushed her towards her dreams and she both knew and loved them very much. As it was, all she had wanted to do was make everyone smile, but it seemed that she didn't know who it was she was trying to make smile in the first place. Looking back up towards Kyouji, she seemed briefly startled as he seemed farther away from her then ever before. Blinking a bit, getting back to her senses, she seemed to be a bit startled as Kyouji had asked his question to her. "Um, well," she was briefly blanking. Any reason she felt she could say right now would pale in comparison to his, yet she also couldn't really remember where this dream of her had come from in the first place. 

She started to think about it, tried to think back to when it had first started. Back when she was much younger, before she even really had a deck to call her own. Before she really even played this game. "It started when I was just watching old grand tournament duels. I don't know why we had them, but my dad seemed to be fond of them and we'd just sit around watching it. I remember that there wasn't really anything I didn't find fun to watch but, there was one in particular that I watched. The current king of the time." She paused, not mentioning his name before continuing. "Every time I saw him duel I would just get this big surge of adrenaline and excitement." She smiled a bit as she said, "I know I rewatched those duels over and over again and it never got old." Her look grew more pensive, seeming like she was really thinking about it before saying, "I think I knew there was a lot of sad stuff in the world. And so the young me then figured that if I became a duelist like the king, then I would be able to share the same feeling of excitement and thrill with everyone in the world. No matter where they were. From there, I suppose becoming the Duel King was just a goal that I've always strived for." When Yugo and Kyouji seemed to quip between each other, Furiko couldn't disagree with the current duel king. She wasn't sure if she had what it took to beat him, at least not yet.

oR7NKgI.png?1

As the duel had continued on, it seemed more and more evident that victory was soon within the grasp of the trio. While this came as no surprise to the girl, she still stayed on guard for Nero's turn. As the man drew his card, Hanae wasn't quite sure where the man was going until he had revived three of his monsters. While she was expecting some kind of extra deck summon from the man, she was surprised as he instead tributed them to summon something else. "What the..." The girl could only breath out as the giant fiend had showed itself to the group. Looking at it, the girl was left partially breathless at the sight, the figure imposing a menacing aura upon the battlefield. While Blues had warned the two girls about Raviel's strength, Hanae could already tell that this beast was strong. However, rather than fear or panic setting in, instead it was a burning determination. She wished to bring it down, and wanted nothing more to fell this titan. "My turn!" As she drew her card a brief look of frustration crossed her face as she didn't get what she needed to do so. Yet still, it was perhaps better to go on the defensive, as she had no idea what either the field spell or the monster could do. "I set Chimera Raflessia and Saraceniant to defense mode. That ends my turn." 

Archived