Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

Oh, oh no. The person Yugo was talking to seemed extremely angry. What did he do wrong...? "Who am I? I'm your opponent in the next round, you fruit-headed idiot. I saw you, up in the Duel King's booth during my match. Weren't you WATCHING? I shook the goddamn STADIUM. I'm HISAKAWA HIBIKI." He was breathing hard now, seething at this point. "If you don't know who I am you'll find out for sure when I leave you in my dust, Toy-Boy."

"Oh, so that's your name!" Yugo said, smacking a palm in his hand. "It's good I finally have a name for the face. But um... buddy, you seem... kinda obsessed with me. Did I do something to you? Was it some childhood promise to beat me or something? Because in case you haven't noticed, I'm kinda bad at keeping track of challengers any more. It's actually pretty annoying. Still, glad you wanna duke this out as duelists instead of some stupid family name business,"

"Yeah, it is. I suppose they're far enough in their duel now that I should get going." Looking at the CEO, she said, "also, how're you? That duel was certainly...something. But more than that, what are we going to do about Ao now?" Blues sighed as he sat down, leaning forward.

"I'm... as well as one can be expected to be, I suppose," He finally said. "As for Ao... well, all we can do for now is wait for a report of my elite scouting unit. Until then, we rest. All of us,"

"Yes, he probably isn't holding a God himself... he seemed far too enamored with the power of the Blue-Eyes. Though I can hardly blame him. That beast he summoned might actually be stronger." Tycho commented, causing Blues to grimace. Such beasts weren't unheard of, like the Dragon Master Knight, but if a beast stronger than the Gods and Beasts was against them... "What are we going to do if we have to face it again, Kaiba? If YOU have to face it again? It's practically unbeatable. I don't have any card in my deck capable of defeating it."

"It is powerful, and to be honest, I don't see a way to beat it by conventional means. I believe your blanks could defeat even that, but as for myself...," He shook his head. "Well, I'll figure something out if the time comes," He looked over to Tycho. "I've heard you've been doing a lot of investigating on your own. How about we exchange information? I'll tell you anything you want to know... if I know the answer to it. Sorry, haven't found the secret to immortality yet," He joked.

"Get us outta city limits as quick as y'can. Less damage I cause the better." Aika commented. Kyouji nodded, revving up his engine and taking off in a squeal of tires. Looking over his shoulder, he saw a D-Wheel drive by their assailant, and she jumped on as it was moving. That was actually kind of impressive...

He took a sudden hard turn to the left, merging into traffic and driving full speed down the street, weaving between the cars, trying to increase the distance between them and the others. However, the pursuer was skilled with a D-Wheel, and was keeping up. The girl then held up a card, and more Hydrogeddon appeared, leaping from car to car trying to catch up.

"Any way to get those monsters off of our tail?" Kyouji asked as he ran a red light just as a Hydrogeddon jumped at them, the monster being hit by a semi full force for the troubles. He took a sharp right, going up a ramp to get on a road higher off of the ground. Meanwhile, thunder started to rumble, as a long black dragon began to chase after them, lightning crackling around it.

oXNSzB8.png

"Permission to board your vessel?" Daichi smiled before rubbing the back of his head nervously. "Sorry...just always wanted to say that." 

"That's okay, we get someone like that every time we let scallywags on board," The porcupine

"Ahoy now, don't be rude thar, Beat-kun," The wolf stated. "Anyways, get on board! We loot off afore Wade-me finds out!" The two pirates very quickly ushered the group on board, and the ship began to rumble as it lifted in the air. Wade's head shot up as he heard the ship starting to take off.

"Oy! Wait! you forgot meeeeeeeeeeeee!" Wade called out as he rushed at the ship, running like a madman. 

"Hurry it up, Helmer!" the dragon Rafale bellowed out. The strange mermaid create at the wheel nodded, and the ship almost made it out of Wade's reach. Almost. The strange man managed to grab on the bottom of the ship, and by sheer force of will, managed to claw his way up the side. The ship flew higher and higher, soon coming over the clouds, and yet, Wade kept climbing. Soon, he pulled himself over the edge, panting. 

"You silly billies, almost leaving me behind...," Wade commented, before Rafale viciously kicked him over the edge, Wade screaming as he fell from the sky, falling lower and lower...

"We did it. We got rid o' 'im...," Rafale muttered.

"Yeah! You sure showed him!" Wade suddenly called out, somehow behind Helena. "Anyways, I have figured out something important," He took a deep breath. "There is someone else in this world, a third party... one with a one wheeled D-Wheel. We should be careful,"

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Fandora, the Flying Furtress - Spirit World~

To the pirate's best efforts, apparently Wade still made it onto the ship...by some sort of miracle...or sorcery. It all really depended on what perspective people had in regards to him...

That man...is quite...strange. Daichi thought in the "best" words he could possibly think of.

"There is someone else in this world, a third party... one with a one wheeled D-Wheel. We should be careful."

"A one wheeled D-Wheel? Jeez, that doesn't sound too safe in my opinion..." Daichi shook his head, before shrugging slightly. "Well, whoever they are, we'll most likely be able to deal with them no problem at all."

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

All is quiet from Jet's end...only watching the Duels while Akihiro is in deep research mode.

It was time to head out, and in the back of her mind, Helena was a little excited. Flying on top of Black Rose scared her only with the fact that there wasn't anything to stop her from suddenly falling off. Now that she was on a flying cruiser, with railings and walls, she felt a little safer, especially with everyone here. She never got a chance to say goodbye to Silent Magician or Swordsman though, she felt bad about that.

But, shaking that thought away, she was brought back to reality when the cries of Wade made it apparent that they were leaving him behind. She wasn't too fond of him, but the more help they had the better. It did spook her a bit when Wade all of a sudden ended up behind her. Shiren instinctively had her hand close to the grip of her sword but calmed down after assuring that nothing was wrong, except for one thing.

"There is someone else in this world, a third party... one with a one wheeled D-Wheel. We should be careful." What Wade said chilled Helena. A rogue duelist on a D-Wheel... That just sounded like trouble. She instinctively shivered a bit and reached into her candy pouch for a peppermint to calm her nerves. It felt like this would be a long ride to Atlantis.

• 2 weeks later...

oR7NKgI.png?1

With their duel having concluded, Hanae began to walk out of the arena saying, "alright Ayame, let's get out before the next duel starts." With the girl motioning for her senior in dueling to follow, Hanae began to walk through the walls to get back to their waiting room. As they did, the girl saw the one girl with the pendulum dragons, a serious look on her face as she started to make her way to the stage as well. With a pat on the shoulder, and a sly smile on her face, Hanae said, "well, good luck out there dragon girl. Don't choke." With that, the girl started walking forward, until getting back to the room, to see both Blues and the older guy there. With a wave she said, "yo there, guess you and I are opponents for next round Bluesy boy." 

7e8xcYT.png

As Blues told the girl that she was only supposed to wait, Tycho came back and, while he was concerned about the power of the blue-eyes dragon as well, he then briefly turned his attention to Furiko. Her body lurching forward a bit from the force of the man's pat, the girl smiled and  said, "well, I'll do my best." With that, it appeared the duel between Hanae and Ayame ended, prompting Furiko to get going. With a wave, she said, "I'm off." 

Walking through the halls, the girl's expression started to become more focused as she started to think about her match up. There was no denying that she was still shaken from her duel against Kyouji, and it wasn't as if she could turn this around just by herself. She wanted to go toe to toe with Kyouji again, but in order to do that she needed to get there. And in order to do that she needed to win the match in front of her. Yet, there was the chance that she was still not good enough to even get beyond that. It would be pathetic of her to lose in the first round, yet she didn't even know how good everyone in the competition was. What if she was just - 

"Well, good luck out there dragon girl. Don't choke." 

Her thoughts were broken by Hanae's comment towards her, looking a bit confused at the girl. "She seems to be in a good mood." After making the comment to herself, Furiko took a deep breath and attempted to steel herself for the duel ahead of her. Walking into the stadium proper, the crowd seemed ready for their next match as she and her next opponent, a Rando Chance, were introduced to the audience. Putting a smile on her face, the girl looked at the man and said, "pleasure to meet you Rando. I hope we can have a good match.”

Rando smiled, holding up his arm and allowing the duel disk to snap to life. “I hope you put up a good fight. After all, I'm just small fry compared to what you're really after, huh?”

Furiko’s smile faltered for a moment, before she ignited her own duel disk. “Please, every duel is just as important as the last. And what I’m after now is just to get to the next round. So, ready? Duel!”

Fortune Cup, Round 1 - Furiko Hoshizora vs Rando Chance

“I’ll take the first turn.” Drawing the first five cards from her deck, the girl looked at her hand before saying, “first, I set both of my pendulum scales with the Scale 1 Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon and Scale 8 Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon." As she placed her cards on her disk, the rainbow letters spelling out PENDULUM appeared on her duel disk, the green and fuchsia dragon being summoned on either side of her. "Now, with these, I can summon monsters between levels 2 and 7 in my hand.” Taking the next card from her hand she said, “so, I pendulum summon Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, in attack mode. And, I’ll place two cards face down and end my turn. Your go.” 

“Now's that's a fancy opening move,” Rando said as he looked down at his hand. “My turn, draw!” He smiled as he began his move. “Now, my opening won't be as flashy, but it will be productive all the same,” he commented. “I set one monster in facedown defense position, and set three cards face down in my Spell and Trap Zone. With that, I end my turn.”

"My turn, draw!" With the card in her hand, the girl merely directed her dragon to her next move. "Phantom Dragon go! Attack his face down card." 

"I activate my trap card." Rando interrupted as Furiko made her  attack. "Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir. With this card I can add 1 "Nordic" Monster from my deck to my hand." Pulling out a card from his deck, revealing what he had drawn. Furiko's eyes went wide, however, as seeing just what deck it was that her opponent was running against her. However, all the same, her dragon's attack didn't stop as the gray flame moved towards the face down monster, destroying it. 

• 2 weeks later...

3CRqVF7.png

"Any way to get those monsters off of our tail?"

Aika looked behind her, at the monsters chasing Kyouji's D-Wheel. Her main deck monsters wouldn't be big enough to deal with the Hydrogeddon, let alone the dragon. Volthail maybe? But collateral damage... busting out Cataclysm was out of the question with that in mind. She wanted to destroy those monsters, not the monsters and the city blocks in their general area. Letting out a lightning bolt wouldn't be accurate enough with how fast Kyouji's D-Wheel was moving... Stormlet Gust? But there were too many people that could and probably would get smacked by fallen trees, hurled cars, etc. She'd have to pass on that.

Holding a hand out and in front of her, near Kyouji, Aika responded "Not that won't kill a buncha people too. Gimme yer deck. I can at least hold 'em off with that until we're outta town."

DidrsfD.png

"Alright Ayame, let's get out before the next duel starts."

"Let's," she agreed. Ayame followed Hanae off the stage - once again denied her Fortune Cup victory - though at least this time she'd gotten further than last year. And without being hospitalized, at that. That was something. Between the should-be-dead Nero not actually being dead though, and the blank cards, multiple close encounters with very steep and very long falls, and all that talk about Wicked Gods... this had been a pretty exhausting day so far. She needed to give her brain a bit to process everything and sort it all out accordingly. And the best way to do that?

Why, sleep, of course! Ayame split off from her junior in dueling, navigating her way deeper and deeper into the stadium's halls. Once she'd found a sufficiently secluded spot - not to mention nice and cool - Ayame removed the hoodie from her person, and bunched it up in the corner to use as a makeshift pillow. Of course, the glove on her left hand was still present. Ayame lied down along the floor, looking up at the dull and boring ceiling, recapping the day.

I still don't get all this Wicked God stuff. Even more upsetting is I lost the Fortune Cup as early as the first round. I'll have to ask for some details about these blank cards later as well, assuming we know how they work. I'd like to figure out how to use mine. I'll have to find Mr. Kaiba when I wake up.

But that could wait. For now, Ayame closed her eyes, and drifted off into a quiet, peaceful sleep.

"Yes," Tycho sighed, taking a seat. "I've been investigating Izayoi. I thought it might be a good idea after... after his last duel. Yugo might have to face him eventually," he added, his face drawn and nervous. "If Izayoi can make him crash as well... At the very least, I don't think Izayoi has a Wicked God, or is working with them. I actually talked to Mokuba about him, was led to believe he was. I think I was being mislead... Mokuba mentioned something called 'The Black Magician.' Izayoi didn't deny that, at least, so there is some truth that he has a powerful card at his disposal."

"If that card is as powerful as it seems, and Izayoi DOES move against us..." he mused, thinking out loud, "We may be in trouble. You guys didn't see it since his first round duel ended so abruptly, but he's a powerful opponent. He survived two strikes from me that would have felled any other opponent."

Tycho looked over to Blues. "What do you know about him? Anything at all? He... is apparently related in some way to Yugo. According to Mokuba at least. I know he killed your father but... If he was right about the Black Magician..."

- - - - - - -

"You're a goddamn fool, ya know that?" Hibiki was scowling at Yugo now. "We met earlier! When I- Aaaah, I see your friend is dueling now." He sneered as he looked over to the screen to see Furiko entering the stadium. "That little jabroni... I'm gonna enjoy beating her with the full wrath of my deck. I'll take her out of this tournament, then take Kyouji off his seat. All I have to do is get through YOU." He laughed nastily. "Like that's a problem. You'll be a smear on the track after I'm finished."

• 3 weeks later...

Rando watched as his monster was destroyed, but he didn't seem to be concerned. “The monster you destroyed was Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts, and in doing so you activated its special ability!” Rando stated as the white goat was destroyed. “It summons two level 3 Nordic Beast tokens when it dies in battle!” Two thin, shaggy wolves appeared on the field, hunched over defensively. “And when Tanngrisnir was destroyed, it activated the Tanngnjostr in my hand! I can Special Summon it when a monster I control is destroyed!” He slapped the card on his duel disk in defense position, the black goat appearing next to the wolves. “Anything else you’d like to try?”

Clicking her tongue at the sudden swarming of his field, the girl merely said, “I end my turn.”

“Then it’s my move! Draw!” He called out, pulling out his next card. He looked at it before smiling and holding his hand out. “Now, I turn Tanngnjostr to attack position! When it does, I can Special Summon Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts from my deck in Defense Position!” He called out as a horse galloped onto the field, hunching over as well. “Now, let me show you…,” He said as he clenched his fist, the rune appearing in his eye as a bluish aura sparked into existence around his body. “Now, using my level 4 tuner Gulfaxe I send it along with my level 3 Tanngnjostr and one of my level 3 Nordic Tokens to Synchro Summon!”

The Roar of Thunder

The skies turned dark as thunder rumbled, a wind starting to blow across the arena. "Behold as the Nordic glaciers of old give way to the ancient war god that raises up his Magical Hammer! Cause the earth to tremble and appear with the fury of a thousand storms! Synchro Summon! Descend, Thor, Lord of the Aesir!!” (ATK:3500)

A giant bolt of lightning struck the ground behind Rando, his outline being lit up by the bolt. From the clouds descended a giant of a man, covered in armor that exposed his stomach, and a large cap flapping in wind. In his hand was a mighty hammer almost as large as he was. “Now then, let’s see how you stack up against a god!!” 

With both concern and awe in her face, the girl looked back to Rando, asking, “where did you get this card?” Rando chuckled, folding his arms.

“It’s nothing too exciting. Some guy with long hair and a bad attitude stole the card from an old man, so I punched the thief. When I touched the card myself, I heard a voice and it lit up. The old man said that his time had passed and he needed to let the next generation take over, and he gave it to me. Easy as that,” He grinned, the rune glowing even brighter. “Now, enough talk, have at you!” He pointed at Odd Eyes. “Battle! Thor, attack Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon!”

The god nodded as he raised his mighty hammer over his head, lightning crackling from the hammer itself. He then swung it down, the impact of the attack destroying Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon. “And with that, I end my turn!”

Furiko: 7000
Rando: 8000

"Yes," Tycho sighed, taking a seat. "I've been investigating Izayoi. I thought it might be a good idea after... after his last duel. Yugo might have to face him eventually," he added, his face drawn and nervous. "If Izayoi can make him crash as well... At the very least, I don't think Izayoi has a Wicked God, or is working with them. I actually talked to Mokuba about him, was led to believe he was. I think I was being mislead... Mokuba mentioned something called 'The Black Magician.' Izayoi didn't deny that, at least, so there is some truth that he has a powerful card at his disposal."

The Black Magician? What the hell was that? The closest thing he could think of was Dark Magician... but Tycho wouldn't be confused by that. That was too recognizable of a card.

"If that card is as powerful as it seems, and Izayoi DOES move against us..." he mused, thinking out loud, "We may be in trouble. You guys didn't see it since his first round duel ended so abruptly, but he's a powerful opponent. He survived two strikes from me that would have felled any other opponent." Tycho looked over to Blues. "What do you know about him? Anything at all? He... is apparently related in some way to Yugo. According to Mokuba at least. I know he killed your father but... If he was right about the Black Magician..."

Blues folded his arms, thinking about the info that has been fed to him. "I got some info from the others earlier that it wasn't Izayoi that caused the crash. Apparently, the Meklords were so afraid of him, they forced their driver to crash...," He closed his eyes as he thought to himself. "I'll keep an eye on him, but if he's that powerful, he could have crushed us without a thought... why hasn't he?" He shook his head. 

"Yo there, guess you and I are opponents for next round Bluesy boy." Blues turned to see Hanae and Ayame enter the room. 

"Ah, yes, that is true. I do hope my monsters can keep up," He said with a playful tone in his voice, obviously not actually worried about that being the case.

"Not that won't kill a buncha people too. Gimme yer deck. I can at least hold 'em off with that until we're outta town." Aika answered him. With a nod, Kyouji reached down to grab his deck, but before he could, he swerved to the left, dodging a bolt of lightning before swerving back to the right to dodge a bite from the dragon. 

"Yeah, give me a second," he muttered as he revved his engine again. "Hold on!" The moment Aika grabbed on, he hit the brakes, the back of his bike lifting into the air, only the front tire keeping contact with the ground. He then rotated the bike so it spun to face the other way, the enemy D-Wheel zooming past them as he did. The back tire then hit the ground, and Kouji took off, driving against the flow of traffic. "Alright, that should have bought me a second...," He then handed her his deck. "There you go. I got some pretty big dinos in the Extra Deck," 

"You're a goddamn fool, ya know that?" Hibiki was scowling at Yugo now. "We met earlier! When I- Aaaah, I see your friend is dueling now." He sneered as he looked over to the screen to see Furiko entering the stadium. "That little jabroni... I'm gonna enjoy beating her with the full wrath of my deck. I'll take her out of this tournament, then take Kyouji off his seat. All I have to do is get through YOU." He laughed nastily. "Like that's a problem. You'll be a smear on the track after I'm finished."

"I get told things like that a lot, usually dumbass though," Yugo said as he looked at the screen. He looked over at Hibiki, raising an eyebrow as the psychic laughed. "So if I get turned into a smear, would you become roadkill?"

oXNSzB8.png

"A one wheeled D-Wheel? Jeez, that doesn't sound too safe in my opinion..." Daichi shook his head, before shrugging slightly. "Well, whoever they are, we'll most likely be able to deal with them no problem at all." 

"Ah, you'd think, but you see, if my theory is correct, we're in deeper trouble than we first could have imagined...," Wade muttered. "It's obviously... A Nightmare Wheel!!!" It was quiet for a bit before Phantom Falcon spoke up.

"You mean... the trap card?" He asked.

"Yup!"

"Those thin's that ain't sentient?" Folgo added.

"It was either that or Goku!!" Wade stated with finality. The group blinked... and slowly backed away, going off to do their own things. 

The ship itself was decently big, with seemingly plenty to do. Dread Knight stood on the edge of the bow of the ship, looking over the clouds, his scarf waving in the wind. Phantom Falcon had taken a seat, watching a three way spar between Folgo, Beat, and Rafale. Wade had went up to the crow's nest to annoy the lookout.

Below deck, there were beds to rest in, and a kitchen to get food in. Members of the crew wandered the ship, doing odd jobs. So far, it seemed this would be a peaceful ride to Atlantis.

Tycho steepled his fingers thoughtfully. "Yes... He didn't seem too keen to duel me, now I think about it. I more lured him into it. Even so, he was able to run circles around me. Someone with that skill doesn't need to force their opponents to crash."

He looked to Hanae and Ayame as they entered the room, raising an eyebrow as he looked back towards Blues. He tilted his head towards the pair, a questioning look on his face. His meaning was clear. Who was the new girl?

"It seems you've gotten up to finding some new blood since I was last on good terms with you... You work fast, I admit." He turned back to Ayame, extending a hand for a shake. "I'm Tycho," he explained quickly, before ofering his hand to Hanae. "I don't think we were properly introduced either, I recall. Are the both of you with us?" He stood tall over both of them, the expression in his face making it clear that the question held a lot of weight to it.

3CRqVF7.png

"Yeah, give me a second,.. Hold on!"

As Aika gripped more tightly, Kyouji turned his D-Wheel around, zipping past their assailants and through oncoming traffic. Did the Duel King ever worry about crashing in these kinds of situations? She wasn't sure.

"Alright, that should have bought me a second.. There you go. I got some pretty big dinos in the Extra Deck,"

"I got someone in mind." As Kyouji continued forward, Aika looked through the pile of dinosaur-themed cards Kyouji had given her. There was one monster in partcular that she had in mind... there he was! The very monster Kyouji had so impressively summoned earlier that day. As Aika put the white card down on her Duel Disk, she exclaimed "I summon Dinozhar Hakaisaurus, King of Destruction!"

Shame that stuff like doubling it's attack didn't apply right now, but Aika didn't have time for that nonsense. Besides this was only to buy time until they were out of town.

"Aight big guy, sic 'em!" At her command, the dino-armored man charged toward the other D-Wheel, intent on delaying them at the worst, and crushing them altogether at the best.

-The Moonlit Magician-

"Ah, you'd think, but you see, if my theory is correct, we're in deeper trouble than we first could have imagined...It's obviously... A Nightmare Wheel!!!"

Apparently, Wade didn't actually have a thought on what he thought he saw. Good to know. Nevertheless, Daichi leaned over the side of the ship, just enjoying the wind in his hair and on his face. He actually hadn't been on a cruise really, so this little trip on a literal flying ship in the Duel Monster Spirit World, was definitely the next best thing.

"Seems like you're enjoyin' yerself, kiddo."

"Yeah...this just feels amazing. Normally only get the wind on my face when I'm doing an Entertainme-..." Daichi paused mid-sentence as he quickly turned his head around, seeing two individuals he wasn't expecting. "G-Gagaga Cowboy and Samurai?!"

"Howdy!"

"Good day."

"Uhhhh...what...what are you two doing here?" Daichi asked, seeing Haruto move towards the two Duel Spirits.

"Daichi, they're your Duel Spirits now. Have you not taken a look at your deck?" Haruto asked, sighing slightly after seeing Daichi shake his head 'no'. "I suppose I'll let this slide. However, that's pretty much the purpose of that little ritual. You became the champion of the Gagaga Clan. Therefore, while I may be your main Duel Spirit that connects with you, the others from the clan have made their place within your deck."

"So..." the Duelist began. "They're like Rinko? ...if that's the case, then I'm making sure now. If you two are in the deck now...and some of the other Gagagas...I'm going to be taken extra precautions with Dueling now. Thaaaaaat said, I'm probably going to have to figure out your names..."

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

The Duel between Furiko and her opponent, Rando, had begun and had moved on...though for Jet, this turn of events on the Duel was not something he expected.

"Behold as the Nordic glaciers of old give way to the ancient war god that raises up his Magical Hammer! Cause the earth to tremble and appear with the fury of a thousand storms! Synchro Summon! Descend, Thor, Lord of the Aesir!!”

Jet was on the edge of his seat now, as he watched what Rando had summoned. He brought out...Thor, Lord of the Aesir. That was a card he knew from his studies back at the Turbo Branch...and it was associated with some sort of power...least he thought it was anyway.

Was...was that what was going on with his eye? he thought, his leg gently shaking up and down as he watched intently how things were going to go now. At this point, it seems like he's in control of things...especially with that monster...

oR7NKgI.png?1

Hanae raised an eyebrow at the utter lack of concern in her opponent to be's voice but said, "well, we'll see about that," her voice carrying only confidence in it. It was then that the older gentleman looked to the two girls and introduced himself to them. With a pensive look on her face, Hanae snapped her fingers saying, "right you were Kagami's opponent." Giving a quick slap the man's hand, more friendly than aggressive, the girl said, "well, I'm Hanae and this here's a straggler," she pointed towards Ayame. After a short moment she said, "and I'm pretty sure we've been here longer than you. But well, good meeting you." Her voice seemed to care less the more she talked. 

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko seemed to be trembling with excitement at the sight of the Aesir. A card of legend and with some form of godly power behind it. A monster with great brute strength that would be able to break through any of her defenses. Furiko recognized the monster she was facing off against. Having watched old footage of Jack Atlas's duels, this was a beast that had gone toe to toe with the King's own ace, and even surpass it at times. And though she had only seen that particular duel once or twice, to be faced against the legend now filled the girl with awe. Trying not to psyche herself out, the girl went to begin her plan to bring the Aesir down. 

“Now, during the end of your turn, I can summon Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon from my pendulum zone to my side of the field in defense mode. Now, my turn!” Drawing her card, the girl looked at her hand before beginning her play. “First, I set my now empty scale with the Scale 2 Descend Dragon Magician. And with both my Scale 2 and 8 I Pendulum summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon.” With sky opening up, two streaks of light rained down onto the field, bringing her two signature dragons back to the field. 

“Another Pendulum Summon. It’s no wonder people aren’t fans of this mechanic,” Rando said with a sigh. “But, summoning two smaller monsters isn’t going to help you against Thor.”

“Not as they are currently at least. But Pendulum is more than just the summoning. I activate my trap card, Echo Oscillation!” As she revealed her face down card, a small golden pendulum appeared in between the two monsters within the scales, swaying from side to side. “With this, once per turn I’m able to target one monster in my pendulum zone and destroy it, and then draw a card as a result.” As she explained this, the swaying pendulum picked up in pace briefly, only to let out a loud echoing sound, destroying Descend Dragon Magician. As she drew her card she continued, “next, I activate my second trap card, Pendulum Switch. With this, once per turn I can target one of my Pendulum Monster on the field or in the pendulum zone and and place them in the opposite. And I choose Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon.”

As she stated this, the gray and purple dragon vanished from its spot and reappeared in the now empty Pendulum Zone. “With all of these pieces together, I’ll bring down your god now. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon attacks Thor, Lord of the Aesir. Next, when a monster of mine battles, and I have another Odd-Eyes monster in my pendulum zone, Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon increases my monster’s attack by 1200.” As she said this, a gray flame surrounded Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, before it began to inhale it in and combine it with its own red and black flame breath. (Atk: 2500 ---> 3700) 

Letting loose its attack the flames struck Thor, and while the Aesir seemed to brace against it, it was soon overcome by the attack, the leftovers spilling over to Rando. “In addition, when Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon battles a monster, all battle damage inflicted by it is doubled.” 

Rando LP (8000 ---> 7600)

Letting out a calm breath, she said, “and now, I end my turn.” 

Rando chuckled to himself, before laughing a bit. “That’s pretty good. You got over Thor once, but, just like a pendulum summon, he’s just going to come back,” The ground began to rumble, almost like an earthquake. “At the end phase of a turn Thor is destroyed, he comes right back onto the field,” Lightning struck and the thunder rumbled as Thor’s hand broke through the ground, pulling itself back into the arena. “And when he’s summoned, he deals you 800 points of damage!!”

Thor rose into the air, lifting a hand into the air, causing lightning to strike Furiko, causing her lifepoints to drop once more. 

Furiko LP (7600 ---> 6800)

“And now, I draw!” He looked at his new card, setting it facedown on the field. “I set one monster and one card. Now, to show you the power of a God!” He pointed at Odd Eyes Pendulum. “I activate Thor’s effect! I can negate your monster’s effect, and then Thor gains that effect!” 

The girl grimaced at the sight of this, clearly anticipating something more as she said, “even still, you won’t be able to get through Odd-Eyes like that.”

“Oh? Let’s put that to the test then!” Rando called out. “Thor attacks Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!!”

As the Aesir went to raise his hammer and strike down the dragon Furiko shouted, “I activate Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon’s effect. When a monster of mine battles one of yours and I have another Odd-Eyes in my pendulum zone, that monster gains 1200 ATK!” A similar gray and purple aura surrounded the dragon as it was about to meet the attack head on with the Aesir. (Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon 2500 ---> 3700) “Now my dragon is stronger than your Thor once again.” Rando just wagged a finger in response. 

“That maybe the case for the moment, but don’t underestimate a god. I activate my trap card, Raging Sacred Curse!” The trap card lifted into the air, sending out a blue cord that bound Odd Eyes and pinned it. “I can only activate it when I control a God, and there’s a good reason for that. Until the End Phase, your monster loses 2000 ATK and DEF, and is unaffected by the effects of your Spell and Trap Cards! So not only does your Phantom no longer effect Odd Eyes, he drops down to 500!” (Atk: 3700 ---> 500)

“What!?”

Thor charged forward, his hammer crackling with red lightning. “And since Thor copied Odd Eyes, the damage in this battle will be doubled! Now go! Godly Reaction Force!!” Thor roared as he raised his hammer over his head and smashed it into Odd Eyes, the power of the attack causing a large red beam of light to shoot into the sky and into the clouds.

Furiko LP (6200 ---> 200)

“And with that, I end my turn,”

Gritting her teeth, the girl started to really feel the pressure coming on as her life was nearly depleted in one shot. She was put into dire straights, and it everyone already knew that were she to simply do another head on clash Thor, no matter the outcome, she’d lose. All the same, this was what it meant to go against a god, and one that Jack Atlas had faced no less. And as such, the girl couldn’t give up just yet. 

“No matter what, you won’t get rid of my dragon that easily. During your end phase, I activate the effects of Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon. Since an Odd-Eyes monster I controlled was destroyed, I can destroy one other card in my pendulum zone, and place an Odd-Eyes monster from extra deck in its place.” 

As she called this out, a column of green flame came up from underneath Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, and in its place, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon took its place. “And now, I activate Pendulum Dragons’ effect. During the End Phase, I can destroy this card in my pendulum zone and bring one pendulum monster with 1500 or less attack from my deck to my hand. And I choose Stargazer Magician.” As the dragon self-destructed, the magician ejected itself from her deck and into her hand. 

“The versatility of Pendulums is completely fascinating, if not a bit annoying,” Rando muttered.

“Now, my turn. Draw! First, I set the scale 1 Stargazer Magician in my empty pendulum zone. And now that I have a scale 1 and scale 8 back in, I can pendulum summon once more. So come forth, my monsters!” With that, she brought back Odd-Eyes Pendulum and  Phantom Dragon in attack mode as well as Descend Dragon Magician in defense. “Now, Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, attack his face down monster.” 

As the dragon let loose its stream of purple and gray flame, it washed over the face down, revealing itself to be Mara of the Nordic Alfar, being destroyed in the process. “Next, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, attack his Nordic token.” Complying, the pendulum dragon let loose a black and red stream of flame, destroying the token. “Finally, I activate my trap card Echo Oscillation, using it on Stargazer to draw 1 card.” As she called this out, the same golden pendulum from before swung through the air as it let loose a burst of sound, destroying the magician. “And finally, I activate Pendulum Switch, placing Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in my now free pendulum zone.”

“Not so fast!” Rando called out. “In response to Pendulum Switch, I activate my trap card Nordic Relic Laevateinn! This allows me to destroy a monster that destroyed a monster by battle this turn. To make it even better, you can’t activate anything in response! Now, I choose Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!” A giant golden sword appeared in Thor’s free hand, which was thrown at Odd-Eyes, piercing it and destroying it.

Grimacing as her swap was stopped, the girl still said, “then I set 2 cards face down and end my turn.” 

"Ah, you'd think, but you see, if my theory is correct, we're in deeper trouble than we first could have imagined...," Wade muttered. "It's obviously... A Nightmare Wheel!!!"

Helena couldn't tell if Wade was referring to the trap card or not, either way she shivered. All this being chased by evil gods and evil humans working for said gods was creeping her out. Shiren, noticing the fear and anxiety in Helena's eyes, placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Will you be alright?" she asked her in a calming voice.

Helena shrugged. "I mean... All of this still bothers me... I'm... I'm not sure if this is what my brother meant about getting out again... But I'm still trying." she said looking up at her duel spirit.

Shiren nodded and took her hand off Helena's shoulder. "Come... You'll need all the rest you can get... Plus you must be curious as to how the inside of this ship looks, correct?" she asked. Helena gave a silent nod as the two of them headed below deck.

• 1 month later...

Rando drew his card, looking at it and clicking his tongue. He was hoping it was his Raigeki (after all, how fitting would that be?) but it wasn’t. Well, at least he had more he could do. 

“Now, Thor attacks Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon!”

“I activate my trap again, Pendulum Switch!” As she called out her trap once more, the dragon faded from existence as Thor’s hammer passed by it. Reappearing in her empty Pendulum Scale, Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon reappeared unharmed. 

“Nice dodge,” Rando complimented. “However, that won’t save you forever. I end my turn,”

"Aight big guy, sic 'em!" At her command, the dino-armored man charged toward the other D-Wheel, rearing back its fist.

"You know, now thinking about it, I have no idea what the hell will happen if Hakaisaurus does his attack in real---," Kyouji stopped to avoid an oncoming car just as the monster attacked. The monster launched its hand forward, placing a hand on the D-Wheel's frame. 

"Hakai," It said simply, the D-Wheel turning purple and disintegrating into dust. The two passengers could only fail around helpless as their momentum sent them forward, about to hit the ground. The black serpent-like dragon caught them, however, and attempted to continue its chase, only for Hakaisaurus to grab its tail, holding it at bay for a bit.

At this point, Kyouji took a sharp turn, going down a ramp and nearing the city limits. "We're almost there! Get ready for it!" Kyouji called out, as more Hydrogeddon began to chase them, now joined by Duoterion and Oxygeddon.

"Yes... He didn't seem too keen to duel me, now I think about it. I more lured him into it. Even so, he was able to run circles around me. Someone with that skill doesn't need to force their opponents to crash." Tycho provided. Blues nodded, thinking to himself. "It seems you've gotten up to finding some new blood since I was last on good terms with you... You work fast, I admit." He turned back to Ayame, extending a hand for a shake. "I'm Tycho," he explained quickly, before offering his hand to Hanae. "I don't think we were properly introduced either, I recall. Are the both of you with us?"

"right you were Kagami's opponent." Hanae said, "well, I'm Hanae and this here's a straggler," she pointed towards Ayame. After a short moment she said, "and I'm pretty sure we've been here longer than you. But well, good meeting you." 

"New blood... yes...," Blues muttered to himself. "We'll need all the help we can get...," He muttered as he sat down at his desk, pulling out a laptop. If anyone looked over his shoulders, they would see he had a document up, with the words "The Wicked Gods" in the center, and lines branching out to other things, like 'The destruction of Hearthome City,' 'the death of Azure Kaiba', and many other things. He quickly typed up some new branches: 'Mysterious Black Magician', 'Jet', and 'The Norse Gods'. "The appearance of a clone of Stardust Dragon, and the Nordic Gods? They all somehow connect back to the Wicked Gods...," 

He looked up from his laptop. "Sorry, just a bit of rambling on my part," He shook his head. "So, you all have any questions? Might as well make sure you all know exactly what's going on before we go any deeper,"

oXNSzB8.png

"If you're so curious about their names, why don't you ask them?" Phantom Knight called out to Daichi. "Isn't that how you learned Haruto's name?"

As Helena and her duel spirit descended into the ship, they found a raven mopping the floors. "Can't believe that I was put on cleaning duty again...," she muttered. "All I did was blow up one building...," the hallway extended past her, to a kitchen, that was currently empty. The hallway had several doors, each leading to different kind of rooms. All they needed to do was find the guest bedrooms.

-The Moonlit Magician-

"If you're so curious about their names, why don't you ask them? Isn't that how you learned Haruto's name?"

"Actually...that name was just...something I came up with for him." Daichi responded, only to hear Haruto make a "tsk tsk tsk" sound.

"You believe that. However, you did forget something in that mind of yours, Dai." Haruto spoke, waving his hand a bit, as a small bit of dark magic showed off in his hand. "I'm a magician and spellcaster. I merely...planted a suggestion in your mind to call me Haruto."

"Really? ...huh...that's...pretty cool." Daichi nodded. "Guess you didn't want to take the gamble of me just calling you something that wasn't your name...though I could've just asked. Didn't even give me that opportunity...such a waste."

"Twas my first time meeting humans. I was as cautious as I could."

Daichi waved his hand dismissively with a chuckle, turning his attention to Gagaga Cowboy and Samurai. "Yeah yeah. So, what are your names then?"

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

Synchro versus Pendulum...Aesir and Nordics versus Odd-Eyes...

Needless to say, this Duel was quite the one to remember for Jet. It was the first time he'd seen the Nordics and Aesir in action...then again, it was probably the first time they've been around since the golden age. He didn't exactly care to remember at this point, but the fact that this girl, the Entertainment Duelist he had been given intel on by Akihiro was doing her damnedest to try and survive. ...it was something he was actually impressed with to say the least.

Still, he figured it was only a matter of time. Rando had a special power...and those with special powers were destined to win...that's how it was told to him before. His hand moved to his bandaged arm as he sighed. Furiko could fight as hard as she wanted, but the result was going to be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
oR7NKgI.png?1

Looking over his shoulder, Hanae saw that Blues had some huge web of threads on a computer of his connecting everything they had found so far. While he seemed to be muttering something to himself, he eventually looked to the group and asked if they had anything other questions. Hanae put a finger to her chin thinking a bit, before asking, "well, what now? I mean, since you won, we don't really have a way to keep tabs on Ao anymore right?" Seeming partially frustrated she said, "and I can't play against the blue-eyes deck now either." Going back to a more neutral expression she said, "I suppose the same question applies if Star-boy beats Akaryu as well." 

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko seemed a bit on edge as Rando made his comment, knowing that what he said was true. Due to her constant use of Echo Oscillation she was starting to accrue cards faster  than he was, and if nothing changed and she couldn’t bring down Thor in one go, then it would be game over for her. And she didn’t doubt Rando had some kind of card to help get him over her wall eventually. All the same, the girl took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself, looking at her deck as she did so. With a resolute look on her face she said, “it’s my turn. Draw!” As she pulled the card out, her eyes widened as she exclaimed, “it’s here.” 

Looking back to Rando, confidence on her face she said, “you’re right. My defense won’t matter much if I just deck out. But thankfully, my monsters do more than just sit there and wait. And you’re about to see how my dragons are going to bring down your Aesir.”

At that, Rando grinned widely, the rune in his eye shining brightly. “Oh, you have a way to take down a God? Then let's see it! Show me your full might!”

“First, I activate the field spell Sky Iris!” As she played the new card in her hand to the field, the rainbow hole in the sky that appeared whenever she pendulum summoned appeared above her. “Now, with Sky Iris I’m able to destroy one card on my field and retrieve one “Odd-Eyes” card from my deck. And so I choose to destroy Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon to bring forth Odd-Eyes Fusion. At the same time, I use Echo Oscillation to destroy Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon to draw 1 card.” As she exclaimed this, both of her pendulum scales emptied, as the girl drew 2 new cards. Shuffling the cards around in her and picking out two of them, she said, “but we’re far from done yet.” 

“I set the pendulum scales with my scale 8 Dragonpit Magician and my scale 2 Oafdragon Magician. And when Oafdragon Magician is my pendulum zone with another magician card set in the opposite one, I’m able to take one Magician pendulum monster from my Extra Deck and add it to my hand, and I choose Dragoncaller Magician. Now with the stage set, I pendulum summon forth, Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon and Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon.” 

As she called forth their names, two streaks of light descended from the sky, joining Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Mirage Dragon on the field. With a smile on her face she said, “next, I activate Dragonpit Magician’s pendulum effect, allowing me to send Nobledragon Magician in my hand to graveyard to destroy your first set card. Next, I activate the spell card, Pendulum Storm, to destroy my two scales to destroy your second one!” As she called this out, a large windstorm swept up, enveloping the field and destroying the two set cards Rando had. “Finally, I set the Dragoncaller Magician in my hand to my pendulum zone. With this, I activate Dragoncaller’s effect, and change your Aesir to Dragon-type.” The dragon robed magician pointed its staff towards Thor, sending out a spiraling dragon that enveloped it, though seemed to do nothing beyond that. “With this, everything is all set.”

“Everyone!” Furiko turned her attention to the audience. “Sorry that I’ve been on the run for so long, but now, you’ll be able to see the true heart of Cradle in action. Just because we Pendulum Summon a lot doesn’t mean we can’t use anything else. In fact, I’ll show you all, no matter where you’re from, something to connect to. Let’s begin!” 

“I activate the spell card Pendulum Fusion!” As she played this, Odd-Eyes Mirage and Persona dragon began to turn into swirls of dark purple energy as they began to spiral into each other. “Dragons of dual colored eyes, mirrors of the self, bring forth a gale that cannot be stopped. Fusion summon! Storm, level 7, Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon!” As the two masses of energy finished swirling, a tornado took their place as the green armored dragon arose. 

“Next, I activate the effects of my Nobledragon Magician in my Graveyard. By targeting one dragon on the field, I can reduce its level by 3 and special summon it from the grave.” A red aura appeared around Odd-Eyes Pendulum dragon as its level changed from 7 to 4, with the small red haired magician appearing right next to it. The two began to shimmer, as the magician turned into three green rings encircling the dragon, itself turning into four shimmering stars. “I tune the level 3 Nobledragon Magician with my level 4 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. Dragon of dual colored eyes, rain your flames down from the sky and stop all that would oppose you. Synchro Summon! Burn, level 7, Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon!” The four lights within the rings soon converged into a line, a column of flame erupting through them as the red plated dragon took its place on the field. 

“Third, I activate Pendulum Switch to bring my Dragoncaller Magician from my pendulum zone to the field. Now, I construct the overlay network between my level 7 Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon and Dragoncaller Magician. Overlay!” A dark spatial vortex appeared before the two monsters as they changed into streaks of light moving into it. “Dragon of dual colored eyes, bring frostbitten cold to gnaw away at your opposition. Xyz Summon! Freeze, Rank 7, Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon!” The vortex gave way to a column of ice, as the ice covered dragon roared taking its place  on the field. 

“Finally, I activate my last trap card, Pendulum Reborn to bring Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon back to the field!” In a rainbow arc of light, the dragon descended from the sky, roaring as it stood next to the other three dragons.

“Oh, now that's a promising field, but that's all it is, promise. None of your monsters are strong enough. How do you expect to defeat Thor this way?”

“Like this. Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon, attack Thor!  Frozen Spiral Burst!” The dragon began to channel its icy breath, before letting out a blizzard towards the thunder god. Raising its hand, Thor began keeping it at bay.

“Attacking Thor with a lower attack monster? What are you thinking?” Rando called out as Thor held back the blizzard, lightning crackling in his hand.

With a smirk on her face, Furiko exclaimed, “however, when a monster summon with Dragoncaller as its material attacks a dragon type monster, its attack is doubled!”

(Odd-Eyes Absolute 2800 ---> 5600)

The blizzard began to grow and grow, and soon it overpowered even the god of thunder, covering him entirely until there was nothing more than an ice sculpture. As the sculpture broke away, the god had left the field leaving nothing to defend Rando.

(Rando LP: 7600 ---> 5100)

“Let’s end this, Odd-Eyes Dragons, attack Rando directly!” As she called out the attack, the three dragons began to gather all of their breath weapons together before letting out a stream of flame and wind towards the boy. 

(Rando LP: 5100 ----> 0)

Below deck wasn't that different from any other ship, minus the mechanical parts here and there. Helena looked around a bit before continuing down the hall with Shiren, stopping only when she noticed the raven-like duel spirit mopping the floor. "Can't believe that I was put on cleaning duty again...," she muttered. "All I did was blow up one building...,"

Helena gave the duel spirit a curious look before looking back at Shiren. She just shrugged and looked ahead. "Here... I'll get something from the kitchen... Just treat this as a cruise..." she said patting Helena's shoulder before walking to the kitchen.

Helena nodded and looked around at all the doors. She scratched the back of her head and walked up to the duel spirit who was still cleaning. "Um... Excuse me? You uh... Wouldn't happen to know where the guest bedrooms are... Do you?" she asked.

• 2 weeks later...

3CRqVF7.png

"You know, now thinking about it, I have no idea what the hell will happen if Hakaisaurus does his attack in real---"

"That, I guess," Aika commented as she watched "her" monster disintegrate the pursuing D-Wheel. However, that wasn't the end of this pursuit. They were still being chased by a variety of other monsters. But judging by what Kyouji had said, it wouldn't be long now before Aika could really go to town on these pursuers. By, funnily enough, getting out of town. The moment Kyouji's D-Wheel was comfortably out of city limits, Aika handed the duel king his deck back. Won't be needin' that anymore.

As Aika reached for her extra deck, however, a beeping sound came from her pocket. Her phone. Cryin' out loud. Aika only gave it a quick glance. The message was an automated text. It announced that Aika was up for the Fortune Cup. Uh-oh. Hurriedly rifling through her deck, Aika threw down a synchro monster onto her Duel Disk. "I summon Stormlet Volthail! Sic 'em, an' make it quick!" Behind the Duel Disk, the glorified puddle of electric goop began spewing out what could only be described as hailstones made of lightning at the monsters behind the escapees.

"After this, we gotta floor it back to the stadium. I'm up fer the tournament."

Archived