Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

"Who are you, exactly?" asked Yuria, "I mean, I get that you're an Obelisk Blue, but I'm more used to the elitist jabroni types."

Lee looked at the others around them, before settling back on Yuria's golden eyes. "...Personally, I can't stand those morons either. In my experience, half of them just change their Deck like they change socks, and the rest have sticks shoved so far up their asses I'm amazed they can bend their spines at all. I didn't even realize you were a student without your blazer. My name is Lee Paladin," Lee looked hesitant for a moment before continuing his introduction. "on campus you might have heard of me by my pointless title of unnecessary fanfare: 'The Starstrike Duelist.' Please just call me Lee, though. That title just makes me sound like some RPG's recurring sub-boss and it annoys me to no end." He sighed, removing his hand from her shoulder. "I actually thought I was chosen for whatever this is because of my track record even among other Obelisks. So, what course are you studying in? I might be able to give you some pointers if my sister or I have taken it."

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a bit of waiting around and questioning the secretary, they had finally decided to go in and take them where they needed to go. As they walked in, there were two figures that stood out to Furiko almost immediately. These two figures were easily recognizable, ones that were famous throughout every city and both had a certain distinct aura to them. Something about them that made there presence known almost instantly and commanded attention from those around them. Furiko was not an easily shakable person, yet she stood there trembling with raw excitement and admiration in the presence of the previous and current duel king. A large sort of nervous smile formed across her face as she muttered out a, "no way. The Phantom Falcon and Kyouji Ryuu are here too?" Furiko could barely believe her eyes, never having ever thought that she would see her long time idols at this moment, let alone at all this early in her life. 

However, as the tone of the room was getting more serious, Furiko realized that she had to match it as well. Calming herself down, the girl cleared her throat real quick her previously nervous and excited expression had changed to a more level one as she said, "yes, um right." Taking her own seat, while everyone was recounting something about themselves and how they wanted to get to the bottom of this disappearance thing that was going on, Furiko felt a tad out of the loop as it hadn't entirely effected her yet. Nevertheless, judging from the passion and anger some people were speaking with, it definitely seemed like a very pressing an important issue to deal with and thus Furiko felt somewhat caught in the adrenaline of the moment, wanting to aid them in whatever it was they were dealing with. Looking over to Blues, not really taking note of the far more menacing yet unfamiliar figure to her, she asked, "so yeah, what do you know about the whole disappearing citizens thing?" 

Barely a few minutes into the meeting, and already people were starting to sidetrack into their own conversations. Bosko's words in particular managed to irk Lyall. The old man was still the same as ever, behaving like a self-righteous and blind "activist" spouting typical Hearthomian and lower class resentments of "never being helped" and "always being ignored or looked down upon".

"Your dilapidated excuse for a city has had help extended to it many times in the past," Lyall said sternly as he made eye contact with Tycho. "Some of those attempts to help were even personally funded by wealthy and influential individuals and groups. The problem is that Hearthome's... 'civiliansgo so far as to revile whatever help they get, crying out and even fighting for more than what's allotted to them. It is no fault of the elite that Hearthome 'rots and burns for us' and is still infested by thugs. The problem lies within the people living themselves, so I suggest you keep your personal complaints and attempts to guilt trip to yourself."

Lyall exhaled, realizing that he too had ironically gone off tangent. Nonetheless, seeing as how neither Blues nor his associates were doing anything about the disorganization, Lyall spoke up again.

"It would be best for everyone to save the irrelevant chitchat for later."

Tq2qqvL.png

"If by called here you mean getting a blank card in the mail, then yes." he said, waving before approaching Yugo. "Nice to meet you, Yugo. I'm Daichi Raimu...annnnd I gotta say, your D-Wheel looks pretty cool...juuuuuuuust not with that lamppost like that." Yugo just responded with a laugh.

"Yeah, well, I'll get it out of there. People around here just can't drive... going the speed limit, can you imagine?" He laughed again.

“Hey there, Yugo. The name’s Akira, good to meet you. So, you also got a blank card?” Yugo turned to Akira and nodded.

"Yeah, I did! I really don't get it, but my grandpa told me it was a sign and I should come here... something about 'his card reacting to my blank one'. Hopefully this meeting will clear it up! Speaking of!" He rushed towards the group inside. "Let's go get some answers!"

Dread Knight really couldn't believe that Blues decided it was a good idea to assemble this many people. He honestly believed that he, Phantom Falcon, and Kyouji could handle this on their own, but he didn't have the final say in all this, did he? Not to mention... he was apparently much more famous than he first thought.

"Oh wow, it's Dread Knight!" A younger girl joyfully exclaimed, running up to him to greet him in person, "It's sooo cool to finally meet you and put a face to the name! Well... it's not much of a face if I'm honest... but I digress. My name's Yuria Kaneko. I'm a massive fan of yours, and I just wanna give personal thanks for clapping all those bastard gang members you clapped and making my home town just that little bit more actually bearable to live in." Dread Knight was quiet, not to keep up an image, but honestly because he didn't know what to say. Thankfully, a familiar face came up and broke the awkwardness.

"Good to see you," Tycho offered a hand to the dark avenger. "So you've been assembled here as well, eh?" Not to be rude, Dread Knight shook his hand and nodded. However, Tycho went off on a semi-justified rant, talking about how Phantom and Kyouji wasn't helping when they could. Dread Knight looked at Blues to see his reaction to all this.

Blues sat there quietly, listening to everything every one had to say. It didn't seem like he was being passive and letting the others run him over, no... it was more like he was waiting for something. Something that just wasn't coming... It took him a few second to register that Tycho was even at his desk.

"It would be best for everyone to save the irrelevant chitchat for later." Lyall spoke up, causing Dread Knight to narrow his eyes behind his visor. Why was he here? Blues just nodded, seeing that the group outside had now came inside.

"Yes. We're still waiting for one more person... but...," He shook his head as he stood up. "We'll proceed for now. As for your... concerns," Blues looked up to Tycho, his face looking as hard as steel. "Do you honestly believe what happened all those years ago was an accident or random chance?" He shook his head. "No, it was a deliberate attack on the Greater Domino Area, one we were not prepared for. Phantom Falcon and Kyouji have been watching over their own cities, making sure such an incident does not happen again," He expression then softened. "I understand your anger though, and I promise, if... when we root out the evil festering behind the scenes, I will send all the help I can to help the restoration of Hearthome City," With a sigh, he looked around the room, disappointment etched on his features.

"Seems our final person is still missing. Oh well... we will move on then," Pushing up his sunglasses, he walked in front of his desk. "Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra... They were considered the ultimate in Monster Cards... powerful effects, immunity to Spells, Traps and Monster Effects that were not of other God Cards... they were considered the most powerful of all," He paused, allowing the group to listen and ponder where he was going with this.

"Now, what if I told you that there were cards that not only rivaled, but surpassed the power of the Egyptian Gods?" He looked at the group. "There were three cards created to keep the Egyptian Gods in check... The Wicked Gods... Eraser, Dreadroot, and Avatar. They not only have the same immunities as the Egyptian Gods, but with effects that not only affected the most powerful cards in the game... but completely destroyed them," He took in a breath to steady himself. "As some of you may know, I am the new CEO of Kaiba Corp, only being here for only a month. The reason I became it though... one month ago, there was a break-in at the American division of Kaiba Corp, where my father was overseeing some business... a group managed to steal the Wicked Gods... and killed my father in the process," He shook his head as Kyouji patted Blues' shoulder.

"This ties into the disappearances, however. As some of you know, your cards are not simply pieces of cardboard. Some have living spirits inside of them, ones that can talk to you, and affect our world. We call them Duel Spirits, but that's a bit misleading. They aren't spirits living in cards, they are beings from another world, called to ours by these cards," He paused, thinking how to word this next part. "The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods,"

At the end of his speech, he sighed. "That's all. I hoped I answered your questions. Now, I know I raised more of them... so if you have any, now's the time to ask,"

"Yeah, well, I'll get it out of there. People around here just can't drive... going the speed limit, can you imagine?"

This Yugo person was quite interesting to say the least, at least Daichi thought so anyway. It was clear that he was a pure Turbo City resident: speed being the key to them living...normal speed is just too slow.

However, as Daichi walked into the KaibCorp building, he was graced by the appearance of Blues Kaiba. He definitely looked the part of a Kaiba, even talking like one as well...well...minus the whole 'talking down to others as if they were inferior'. Regardless, Daichi and Haruto listened in to the conversation that had sparked up when they walked in.

"Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra... They were considered the ultimate in Monster Cards... powerful effects, immunity to Spells, Traps and Monster Effects that were not of other God Cards... they were considered the most powerful of all."

"The Egyptian Gods?" Daichi spoke up, smiling. "Who hasn't heard of them? Tales of the original Duel King...the King of Games using them and even winning them in Battle City. Along with his Dark Magician, those were his calling cards."

And you have watched many of those old Duel Reels over and over again just to get a feel for his dueling style... Haruto nodded, chuckling.

Of course, Daichi's response was only met with a new revelation...

"Now, what if I told you that there were cards that not only rivaled, but surpassed the power of the Egyptian Gods? There were three cards created to keep the Egyptian Gods in check...The Wicked Gods...Eraser, Dreadroot, and Avatar. They not only have the same immunities as the Egyptian Gods, but with effects that not only affected the most powerful cards in the game...but completely destroyed them. As some of you may know, I am the new CEO of Kaiba Corp, only being here for only a month. The reason I became it though...one month ago, there was a break-in at the American division of Kaiba Corp, where my father was overseeing some business...a group managed to steal the Wicked Gods...and killed my father in the process."

This had been news to Daichi. The Wicked Gods? The names never rung a bell, then again...rightly so if they were able to rival the Egyptian Gods. Cards that powerful would've needed to remain hidden and kept quiet about.

"This ties into the disappearances, however. As some of you know, your cards are not simply pieces of cardboard. Some have living spirits inside of them, ones that can talk to you, and affect our world. We call them Duel Spirits, but that's a bit misleading. They aren't spirits living in cards, they are beings from another world, called to ours by these cards. The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods."

The news about Duel Spirits was something Daichi already knew about. After all, he had Haruto with and around him since he started his dueling career. But his normal smile faded as he heard about the Wicked Gods having a Duel Spirit...however they being locked away up tight. But...these things being given human sacrifices to in order to be freed? Sounded like something off the pages of a child's story... However...

I see...that's why he called us. Haruto spoke, sighing.

Not sure I follow, Haruto... Daichi thought to his Gagaga Magician. What are you talking about?

Think about it. Blues has obviously gathered a number of Duelists together for one reason... Haruto said, holding up one finger. Stop the Wicked Gods from being released...a simple solution.

True...but that doesn't explain the blank card... Daichi thought, before making his voice heard once more. "Excuse me! Mr. Kaiba, sir..." he spoke, waving his hand a bit. "While that is all well and good...what about the blank card??"

Tycho's eyes instantly became livid when Lyall spoke. He turned on the man, face a thunderous front of rage. 

"I KNOW THAT, Lyall!" he spat, hissing out the man's name like it burned him. "Hearthome doesn't want to wrestly itself free, that's true, but the dedication to TRY from the Duel King, of all people..." He looked away, looking ashamed. "You truly underestimate just how much a Duel King is capable of, by mere words alone, able to inspire the hearts of duelists, to steer them on the proper course" he said bitterly, glaring at Phantom Falcon and Ryuuji. 

He now turned back to Lyall, voice scathing. "And it certainly doesn't help when there are those who accept it, and turn it to their own interests, Lyall!" he snarled. 

It was Blues' words about how the collapse of Hearthome wasn't an accident that brought Tycho back to reality. "What was that?" he asked, turning away from Lyall. He could deal with him later. "Not an accident? Who caused this?!"

He listened intently, face growing darker as Blues's explanation continued. The Egyptian Gods had counterparts known as the Wicked Gods...? "What do these cards have to do with the collapse of Hearthome?" he asked balefully. "Duel Spirits? You've got to be joking..." He strode towards the door, looking over his shoulder to Blues dismissively. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't walk out right now!" he barked. He had to confess, there was one that was perhaps guaranteed to work... one of the assembled asked about the blank card. That might get him to stay, if only to figure out how to use it for himself.

tsYHWoc.png

The Obelisk Blue student looked at the others around them, before settling back on Yuria's golden eyes.

"...Personally, I can't stand those morons either," he then stated, "In my experience, half of them just change their Deck like they change socks, and the rest have sticks shoved so far up their asses I'm amazed they can bend their spines at all."

"Heh, tell me about it," Yuria couldn't help but blurt out, "Not all of them are even that strong anyway. I managed to humiliate this one guy who ran this really jank vanilla beatdown deck. He probably still thinks I lucksacked on him, but whatever..."

"I didn't even realize you were a student without your blazer," with that noted, the Obelisk Blue finally introduced himself, "My name is Lee Paladin. On campus, you might have heard of me by my pointless title of unnecessary fanfare: 'The Starstrike Duelist.' Please just call me Lee, though."

"Starstrike Duelist..." Yuria mulled over in her head for a few seconds, before giving her verdict, "Nah, that sounds dumb; I'll just call ya Lee like you asked. Oh! My name's Yuria, by the way. Yuria Kaneko of... crummy-ass Hearthome."

She was evidently not happy with admitting she was from Hearthome, almost feeling embarrassed by it. Understandable of course; with the news of how gangs had overrun the city publicly known, no-one in their right mind could say that they were proud to live there. Over in the distance, a loud and abrasive man could be heard ranting and raving about how Hearthome would be looked down upon and ignored. Yuria tried her best to ignore him, but memories popped up that she wanted to forget.

"So, what course are you studying in? I might be able to give you some pointers if my sister or I have taken it."

This seemed enough to snap her out of it... for the moment. However, if that man wasn't silenced soon, then it would only be a matter of time before the more painful memories resurfaced again. As such, the change in subject was a big boon.

"I'm taking a course on Synchro Summoning. I picked up a few pointers on Xyz Summoning, and Pendulum Summoning as well, but I only know the basics about them. In any case, I don't need a lot of help; they tell me that my written exams need improvement, but I think they're fine. Those duel puzzles, though," Yuria shuddered at mentioning the term, "They get me every time. Especially that one where you have these AoJs and, while they give you the one DNA Transplant that you need for them to do anything with, they also decide to cockblock it with this Sorceror of Dark Magic that you can't even beat over! I betcha they dumped all the removal cards in the middle of the deck. I can't verify that since looking through it would be cheating, but..."

"It would be best for everyone to save the irrelevant chitchat for later," the tycoon from earlier intervened. Yuria would soon learn that this tycoon's name was Lyall, thanks entirely to the abrasive man yelling his head off at the guy. From there, Sir Kaiba had revealed that they had been waiting on a single person this entire time. However...

"Seems our final person is still missing," Sir Kaiba mused, "Oh well... we'll move on, then."

It was at this point that everyone turned to face the front, eager to hear the answers they had all been waiting for since they were summoned to the Neoteric Domino City. Even Neobis and Palpigrad, who'd been conversing with each other while they had yet to be seen or heard by others, lent their ears to the CEO of KaibaCorp and awaited his speech.

"Ooh, it's starting," Palpigrad summoned popcorn in his claws as he said this excitedly.

"Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra..." Sir Kaiba began. At first, Yuria was about to detest that of course she hadn't heard of Egyptian Gods, but as the CEO listed their names, each one had begun to ring a bell to her. Try as she might, she couldn't put her finger on why that would be the case.

"I know I heard those names before," Yuria adamantly deduced, "But where in the hell would I have...?"

"Slifer Red? Obelisk Blue? Ra Yellow?" asked Neobis, in an attempt to jog her memory.

"Those sound like tiers of some kind to me," Palpigrad added, still munching on popcorn as he mentioned it. Incidentally, it was this statement that awakened an epiphany from Yuria, as Sir Kaiba detailed what exactly the Egyptian God Cards were capable of.

"Oh of course! Those are the three dormitories that Duel Academy puts each of the students in!" she exclaimed in revelation, before she got to thinking, 'So that's what they've named the dorms after; these so-called Egyptian Gods...'

"Now, what if I told you that there were cards that not only rivaled, but surpassed the power of the Egyptian Gods?" the CEO asked rhetorically, before moving on to explain, "There were three cards created to keep the Egyptian Gods in check... The Wicked Gods... Eraser, Dreadroot, and Avatar. They not only have the same immunities as the Egyptian Gods, but with effects that not only affected the most powerful cards in the game... but completely destroyed them."

Yuria didn't like the sound of the name 'Wicked Gods' already, but she was bound to think even less of them once a bad omen that she'd got from them would turn out to have already come into reality. Something told Yuria and the two Duel Spirits that were sitting on each shoulder that the Wicked Gods were somehow involved in Utemaro's disappearance. They were about to find out.

"As some of you may know, I am the new CEO of Kaiba Corp, only being here for only a month," Sir Kaiba stated, presumably thinking he should explain his position before continuing with his lecture, "The reason I became it though... one month ago, there was a break-in at the American Division of Kaiba Corp, where my father was overseeing some business... a group managed to steal the Wicked Gods... and killed my father in the process. This ties into the disappearances, however. As some of you know, your cards are not simply pieces of cardboard. Some have living spirits inside of them, ones that can talk to you, and affect our world. We call them Duel Spirits, but that's a bit misleading. They aren't spirits living in cards, they are beings from another world, called to ours by these cards. The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods,"

"Hmph, in before another human calls BS on our existence," Neobis scoffed. Sure enough, he was proven right.

"Duel Spirits? You've got to be joking..."

"Called it! Totally called it. You should go tell this guy to open his eyes and..." the arachnid Duel spirit turned to Yuria, only to notice a darkened, brooding look in her eyes all of a sudden, "Um... Yuria? Are you OK?"

"Uh-oh," Palpigrad was quick to back away, as if he knew what was coming.

In truth, Yuria was far from OK. Blood red was starting to fill the pupils of her eyes, as the news about the Wicked Gods angered her more and more. First, these guys take the Wicked Gods for themselves, then they kill the former CEO of KaibaCorp, and now they had the gall to go around mindlessly sacrificing innocent people?! There was also the possibility that Utemaro and Lee's sister were among the sacrifices too, now that Yuria thought about it. She tried to bottle her rage and stop herself from making a scene, but she didn't know how much more she could take! Finally, the abrasive man did something stupid that tipped her over the edge.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't walk out right now!"

"GO RIGHT AHEAD!! WALK AWAY!!" Yuria snapped at the abrasive man, screaming like a banshee, "We could do without you being a pissy little jabroni and shouting at other people regardless! But I swear... if you go through that door and spread any more gloom and doom about Hearthome, then I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth if I have to and duel you into submission!"

Yuria paused, but only to catch her breath. On the one hand, the sudden vent was most certainly helping her calm down, but on the other, that may not have been enough. But she had too much more to say to the man to stop there.

"You supposedly care about Hearthome, right? Why else would you not shut up about it?" Yuria didn't mean as much spite this time, but her anger with the abrasive man was still crystal clear, "And here you are considering leaving its people to be sacrificed to the Wicked Gods. Only a hypocrite would allow that to happen, and the one thing I can stand less than a villain is a hypocrite."

With that, Yuria stepped aside, in case she or someone else managed to get through to the abrasive man and convince him to return to his seat. Her eyes remain locked onto the man until he sat back down or exited the room, but once he made a move for either direction, Sir Kaiba would find that Yuria had rapidly turned to him.

"Now then... about these Duel Spirits," she stated,  "You said that specific cards summon them to our world, and that they actually come from a different one altogether. Is it possible that the people that had disappeared on us could be found trapped in that other world? If not, how do we know they hadn't already been sacrificed? Please... give it to me straight, Kaiba."

Everyone seemed to be taking the three surprise guests in many different ways, but helena remained silent throughout the conversations. "Seems our final person is still missing, Oh well... we'll move on, then." Kaiba seemed to be waiting on someone else but they hadn't arrived, one less person to worry about really.

"Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra..." The Egyptian Gods... That rang a bell in Helena's head but all she could remember is that they were near invincible cards. "Now, what if I told you that there were cards that not only rivaled, but surpassed the power of the Egyptian Gods? There were three cards created to keep the Egyptian Gods in check... The Wicked Gods... Eraser, Dreadroot, and Avatar. They not only have the same immunities as the Egyptian Gods, but with effects that not only affected the most powerful cards in the game... but completely destroyed them." Wicked Gods? That was something Helena didn't know, but to completely destroy a God Card, they sounded powerful.

"As some of you may know, I am the new CEO of Kaiba Corp, only being here for only a month, The reason I became it though... one month ago, there was a break-in at the American Division of Kaiba Corp, where my father was overseeing some business... a group managed to steal the Wicked Gods... and killed my father in the process. This ties into the disappearances, however. As some of you know, your cards are not simply pieces of cardboard. Some have living spirits inside of them, ones that can talk to you, and affect our world. We call them Duel Spirits, but that's a bit misleading. They aren't spirits living in cards, they are beings from another world, called to ours by these cards. The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods," Duel Spirits? Sacrafices? Helena was getting a headache just from listening to all what Kaiba was explaining. Some of the duelists here especially didn't like it, including a girl who clearly had a bad temper towards one of the duelists.

"Now then... about these Duel Spirits, You said that specific cards summon them to our world, and that they actually come from a different one altogether. Is it possible that the people that had disappeared on us could be found trapped in that other world? If not, how do we know they hadn't already been sacrificed? Please... give it to me straight, Kaiba." Again, Duel Spirits, one of the only goods things to come out of her powers, unfortunately Helena couldn't bring herself to take her eyepatch off to see them. "I... Really don't think i should be... Going through something like this..." Helena said as she tried to process all that was said.

Lee could only blink at Yuria's explosive retort, unable to respond as she stepped to the side. He couldn't be sure if it was to enable others to have a turn at bat or to let them drag him back to his position in the assembly. 

"Now then... about these Duel Spirits," she stated,  "You said that specific cards summon them to our world, and that they actually come from a different one altogether. Is it possible that the people that had disappeared on us could be found trapped in that other world? If not, how do we know they hadn't already been sacrificed? Please... give it to me straight, Kaiba." There, she seemed back to her previous demeanor. Impossible as it may seem, Lee could almost swear her eyes had flashed red for a moment before resuming their previous golden shine.

"Trapped in another world or not, this sounds like there'd be some highly visible lightshow over the entire GDA if the sacrifices had been made."  He theorized aloud, once more placing his hand on her shoulder, this time reaching around to the far side in a supposed gesture of comfort. One which could quickly shift to an immobilizing bearhug just in case her assault became more physical than verbal and restraining her was necessary. "We likely still have time to rescue your friends and my sister, but committing assault on our soon-to-be teammates won't help at all."

He then turned to Blues Kaiba once more, the formality of his tone an obviously forced mask if the cutting sharpness to his eyes were any indication. "Am I close to the mark with that assumption, Mr. Kaiba? Please continue; These 'Wicked Gods' can match, and even defeat, the strongest Monster Cards in all of Duel Monsters? The ones the Ranks in Academia are named for? How exactly do they accomplish that?" 

Lyall raised an eyebrow at Tycho’s outburst, then laughed in his face. It wasn’t the first time such words and criticisms had been thrown at him, and it certainly wouldn’t be the last. Normally he would just ignore such things, but seeing how he was in a room filled with people he would apparently be working closely with, Lyall deemed it necessary to respond.

“Scream all you want about my profiting off of Hearthome’s crime and misery, Bosko, at the very least I’ve actually made a difference for the people there. In the relatively short amount of time I’ve operated in that city, I’ve helped countless more people and families attain better lives than you, and others like you, have done in their entire lives. You? You have done nothing but become a punching bag for the scum you waste your time on.”

Lyall smirked as he turned to give his attention to Kaiba, paying Tycho no more mind. Still, considering the man was a Hearthomian, Lyall maintained some amount of mindfulness of the man in case he snapped and decided to physically take out his anger on him. With the table, chairs, and people (especially a short, light haired girl that looked ready to take her anger out on Tycho) between them, that was unlikely. Things quieted down some, allowing Blues to begin his speech.

“Well, THAT was interesting,” Lyall thought to himself. There were many interesting tidbits of information he had just learned about, the first being a little more insight regarding the riot which broke Hearthome City. It had been instigated by unknown people, apparently in an orchestrated attack on the entire GDA. Looks like it probably wasn’t that orchestrated considering Hearthome was the only city that went to sheet, but come to think of it… the time leading up to that day, and especially the day itself, was filled with many sketchy and ominous ongoings… including some disappearances.

“This attack… I’m guessing that the people responsible for what’s going on now were looking for something in the GDA, particularly in Hearthome.”

Lyall momentarily paused as he remembered the mention of Duel Spirits, briefly and instinctively slipping out a particular card from his deck before putting it away.

“I know that in Hearthome, there are plenty of people who claim to see strange things during duels. Even outside of them, there’s always somebody talking about a strange creature or person that looked a little too much like a monster card.”

There could be something in particular about Hearthome City that Lyall hadn’t paid much mind to. It was the primary home for Xyz users, and Xyz monsters were monsters summoned via an Overlay Network, a black hole, that was said to be an opening to a different dimension. Acknowledging the existence of Duel Spirits (which Lyall hoped most here would agree on), the Overlay Network could be a portal to a level beyond the basic spirit world, likely a darker one. With that and everything about the Wicked Gods considered…

“Is there something in particular about Hearthome that made it the most susceptible to this ‘attack’? And is that trait still of interest to the people behind what’s going on now?”

Unfortunately, before anyone could answer, Tycho started shouting again. Looks like all the talk of Wicked Gods and card spirits hadn’t pleased him, because he was angrily demanding why he should even stay after such a thing was mentioned. It didn’t take long after that for Yuria to begin yelling at him, bringing up several points that struck a few chords with Lyall. He wasn’t showing it at the moment, but Lyall shared her anger and concern, even fear for what might happen to the people that went missing from Hearthome. Those who lived under his sector were the rare, genuinely good people that Lyall had promised to keep safe until they could move out, but now… Lyall clenched a fist, pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind.

"Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra... They were considered the ultimate in Monster Cards... powerful effects, immunity to Spells, Traps and Monster Effects that were not of other God Cards... they were considered the most powerful of all.”

This statement didn't really garner a reaction from Eizar, for it isn't exactly uncommon knowledge for somebody who attends Duelist Academia. ’There wouldn't be a tiering system based around them otherwise.’ The next thing to come out of the CEO’s mouth, however, did surprise him: There were cards that were not just as powerful as the Egyptian Gods, they surpassed them, which was honestly shocking. The title “Wicked God” was a very appropriate one, just hearing it sent a chill down his spine.

Hearing about Blues’ father slightly saddened him. He wanted to give him his condolences, but refrained. He couldn't help but wonder how somebody was not only able to break into a KaibaCorp building but also steal the Wicked Gods.

Blues then went on to talk about Duel Spirits or--more appropriately-named--just Spirits, a topic that Eizar was kind of on the fence about until now. He rested his chin between his thumb and index finger, his face taking on a more contemplative look. ’I wonder if that means the Revolution Zone is real? More importantly, who have I been praying to this entire time?’ He couldn't continue to go into his extrospective spiral as the Kaiba boy proceeded to continue.

The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods."

That last part made him fear the worst, and it appeared to have a powerful effect on a couple others in the room, though their reactions varied from outrage to being overwhelmed. The man named Bosko actually threatened to leave despite Blues explaining the cause of the disappearances. This then got a reaction out of pinkette who proceeded to chide him for even insinuating that he's abandon Hearthome. She then looked back to Blues, voicing the concerns of whom he infers to be the majority of the group: have the people who have already disappeared been sacrificed to the Wicked Gods. Helena didn't take such a prospect too well, seemingly mumbling "I... Really don't think i should be... Going through something like this..." to herself. Seems like she's ignoring anything else that's going on around her. Then Lee spoke up.

"Trapped in another world or not, this sounds like there'd be some highly visible lightshow over the entire GDA if the sacrifices had been made."

Eizar realised the Paladin was right. If the Wicked Gods acted similar to the Egyptian Gods, then it would be safe to assume that it would require a substantial sacrifice in order to even Summon one them in the first place. It would only make sense that they would be gathering sacrifices to Summon all three of them at once. He then looked to Helena before speaking in a hushed tone.

”Don't forget what you're here for. There's still hope that we can save them.” With that, he looked to Tycho, choosing his next words carefully before speaking out in a calm voice. Even if you don't believe in Duel Spirits, you can't deny that this group is attacking people because they do.” He slightly averts his eyes before continuing.

”I know you might not listen, but please stay a little longer.” He then steeled himself before looking the man in the eye. ”I'm sure that Blues has a reason to call us here besides telling us the cause of the incidents. He might even have a solution, but that solution is going to require all of us to work together. So please try to keep an open mind for now.”

Two men were sitting within the faded green truck that drove down the highway in Dominio, heading in the general direction of Kaiba Corps, both appearing to be in their late 20s and of fairly-thin builds, despite appearing very-different otherwise.

Within the passenger seat was a rather-tall man, somewhat-wavy long hair of an brownish-orange color upon his head and vivid-green eyes looking in random directions in a shaky pace. The passenger wore a green trenchcoat over a white shirt that was worn under a red checkerboard vest. Over his face, though his eyes were uncovered, were a pair of white gloves that stopped at his wrists. A full-body shudder went through him before lowering his hands upon denim-blue jeans and looked towards the driver. "How much further until we get there, Kuria?"

"We're almost there, Miero. Asking ain't gonna get me there faster, and I'm not breaking the law for your ass." The one driving had a few odd quirks to his appearances. His clothes weren't really unusual, a dark-blue polo that could almost be black lined with aquamarine at the waist, the edges of the sleeves and along the sides of the sleeves in addition to faded-blue denim pants. Even his dark-blue hair whose bangs often tried to cover his eyes weren't that unusual, either. Instead, the faded glow from his left eye through the bangs that appear to be purposely covering it were odd in addition to the whitish-silver arm and hand that were lined with aquamarine eyes that glowed.

"I just don't understand why Kaiba Corp would want to ask me of all people to come to them for whatever this card's supposed to be for." As he started his complaint, the brown-haired man, Miero, pulled back a part of the trenchcoat to pull out what appeared to be a completely blank card on one side. "I could understand them calling for you, at least some of them know you."

Kuria simply turned his head enough to glance at Miero with his still-living eye while keeping the mechanical one on the road. "Quite a few deliveries I get on the job are to and from Kaiba Corp." A sideways frown emerged on his face towards the still-shaky man. "They don't play around." He shifted his gaze towards the blank now in Miero's hands. "I don't know why they went for you, but they must have had a reason. As far as I know, they always have a good reason for everything."

"Yeah, but---"

"Miero, keep it up, and I will turn your truck around." With this, he looked up ahead with both eyes and had his shoulders visibly slouch. "...nevermind, we're here."

After miraculously finding a close parking spot near the main entrance, Kuria quickly glanced up towards the smaller vehicle in the back of the truck. His duel runner was thankfully still back there, though he could see some dings, dents and scratches among the custom paintjob. At a quick glance, it didn't look like a duel runner, but a traditional motorcycle...until you see the touchscreen and the place to insert a deck under the handlebars.

Shaking his head of the distraction, he quickly got around to the passenger side, where Miero was barely able to remain standing on his own, holding desperately to the open door to keep from falling onto his face. "...you sure you don't want to go home?"

Miero leveled a glare at Kuria, even as the slightly-shorter man helped him remaining standing after moving away from the truck door, arm over shoulder. "My son's in trouble. If this," to which he rose the blank card into view, "helps me find him, I'm going through with it."

Kuria figured it wise to shut up on some of his other questions for the moment as he helped Miero to the front doors...such as did Miero even remember how to duel...

fFBhNoG.png

Well, on top of being completely ignored, Aika was met with the monologue of the century from Mr. Kaiba over there on his desk. Wicked Gods, scary powerful duel spirits, and a whole lotta human sacrifice. Aika didn't like how all the pieces lined up. What bothered her more than any of that, however, was how the guy ended his long-winded explanation of why they were here.

"That's all. I hoped I answered your questions. Now, I know I raised more of them... so if you have any, now's the time to ask."

The room was pure chaos, and nobody seemed focused on the job at hand. If they acted like this living with Aika's folks, they wouldn't get supper, not to mention they'd probably piss a lot of people off. Aika didn't know about duel spirits or special things involving Hearthome or whatever the city folk were  on about, but she knew there was a job and it had to get done.

"Mr. Kaiba," Aika spoke up with. "Not t'be disrespectin' ya, but ya ain't told us anythin' 'bout where we should look fer the cards or the goons behind this all. 'Fore these city folk start tryin' t'kill each other right in front o' ya, how's about we get some directions t'start our search with?"

She wasn't even concerned with anything else regarding the job right now. How could anyone get anything done if they didn't have a first step?

"Mr. Kaiba," the country girl spoke up, proving herself the calmest of the bunch. "Not t'be disrespectin' ya, but ya ain't told us anythin' 'bout where we should look fer the cards or the goons behind this all. 'Fore these city folk start tryin' t'kill each other right in front o' ya, how's about we get some directions t'start our search with?"

Lee looked about once more at the crowd assembled. Those who weren't glaring viciously at someone else in the room held faces of quiet indifference to his sister's, and by extension the other abductees', plight. A fact that only fueled his own murderous glare, threatening to break through the practiced mask of propriety he wore to represent Obelisk Blue. The pink-headed Slifer girl under his arm seemed to have vented the majority of her stress with the rant she had just delivered, but it could only be a matter of time before someone else boiled over, and Lee couldn't guarantee that the next lidd to pop wouldn't be his own. 

Someone who was relatively proactive, she'd likely be the most tolerable for that fact alone. "Aside from the three questions I've already asked, and a seconding of that one from her, I'll find my answers in the heart of the Duel. Every second we waste here infighting is another second those taken could be sacrificed."

“Let’s go get some answers!”

Akira nodded briefly with a grin, then turned to walk with Yugo and his companion straight into the conference room. The other person strode alongside them, straight into the room he had previously observed. Turns out they were a little late to a monologue by the Kaiba heir, but by the looks on people’s faces he hadn’t missed much.

"Tell me... have you heard of cards known as the Egyptian God Cards? Slifer... Obelisk, and Ra... They were considered the ultimate in Monster Cards... powerful effects, immunity to Spells, Traps and Monster Effects that were not of other God Cards... they were considered the most powerful of all."

Many other people started voicing their own opinions, various answers being bounced across the rooms. Akira opened his mouth, realized he had nothing important to contribute, then shut it again. He could’ve gone on about his strategies on defeating them, how he HAD defeated them in simulations he had undertaken. Well, perhaps the computer had not exactly been at the strength of a competent duelist, but those were one of the prices he had to pay for having outdated personal technology.

He could’ve also mentioned how they had been passed into myths and legends, with the actual cards not having been seen physically for years. But, whatever he might’ve said was already said by someone else, or not worth mentioning, so Akira lay back against his chair and smirked. He was always up for giving a good impression...if not in the best sense of the word.

"Now, what if I told you that there were cards that not only rivaled, but surpassed the power of the Egyptian Gods? There were three cards created to keep the Egyptian Gods in check...The Wicked Gods...Eraser, Dreadroot, and Avatar. They not only have the same immunities as the Egyptian Gods, but with effects that not only affected the most powerful cards in the game...but completely destroyed them.”

Akira sat forward again, suddenly completely focused on the conversation, more of an exposition, actually, at hand. Cards more powerful than the Egyptian Gods? The newer cards that were being produced in the truckload by Kaiba Corp. had grown more powerful, but were still nothing in comparison to the famous Divine-Beats. These other cards must be incredibly powerful. Imagine what one could do with-

Akira stopped himself. Even if he managed to obtain these cards in some convoluted way, it wouldn’t be any fun to play with. No point playing if he didn’t enjoy it. But no fun to play against either, so maybe getting control of them wouldn’t be so bad.

“As some of you may know, I am the new CEO of Kaiba Corp, only being here for only a month. The reason I became it though...one month ago, there was a break-in at the American division of Kaiba Corp, where my father was overseeing some business...a group managed to steal the Wicked Gods...and killed my father in the process."

There was a bit of sympathy from the crowd, especially from the man standing behind the Kaiba guy, but Akira didn’t really think about it. He was more concerned with the revelations and their implications for him.

"This ties into the disappearances, however. As some of you know, your cards are not simply pieces of cardboard. Some have living spirits inside of them, ones that can talk to you, and affect our world. We call them Duel Spirits, but that's a bit misleading. They aren't spirits living in cards, they are beings from another world, called to ours by these cards. The Wicked Gods also have a 'Duel Spirit'... but they were sealed away long ago. In order to release their true power... the ones that took the cards are gathering up humans sacrifices, ready to feed them to the Wicked Gods,"

Duel Spirits? Akira had heard that term before, but this new set of information seemed like a stretch. Then again, considering the uniqueness of this whole affair, it wasn’t that hard to believe. The usage of human sacrifices to summon an eldritch being or three made sense, if only in a twisted way, and he was quite able to image what the consequences of such an event might be like. That wouldn’t be good for anyone, least of all Akira.

"That's all. I hoped I answered your questions. Now, I know I raised more of them... so if you have any, now's the time to ask,"

Akira certainly had a few, but everyone else seemed to be able to voice them before he did. A nearby girl with an eye-patch was asking for information regarding Duel Spirits, and someone wearing a blue outfit he vaguely recognized from another city was asking for further action. However, the most pertinent question, he felt, came from the other guy who had been conversing with Yugo.

"While that is all well and good...what about the blank card?”

Akira jerked his thumb towards the speaker, and added, “That's something I'm very interested in. Like, why not just send us a plain old note? What’s the deal with it?”

7e8xcYT.png

Staying seated, Furiko had listened intently as to what it was that Mr. Blues Kaiba had to tell them about the disappearances. What she heard was, of course, not something one would expect. The god cards were mostly legends, and likely would've remained fables were they not used by a select few individuals long ago. However, the news that there were cards that rivaled them, even surpassed them, was something that Furiko felt a bit worrying and somewhat hard to believe. Were this not coming from the leader of one of the largest companies in the world, she likely would've passed it off as some kind of urban myth, but at the moment the man had her full attention. There was apparently some kind of cult that had been walking around, dedicated to these cards and wanted nothing more than to release the spirits within them to unleash havoc onto the world, or something likely to that affect. To that end, they had kidnapped a numerous amount of people, being the ones behind the cause of all of the disappearances that had recently been going on. 

The whole thing was...a lot to swallow. Furiko never really disbelieved in Duel Spirits, but it wasn't something that she had ever given much thought of to begin with. As such, the idea that a whole group of people were practically worshiping these spirits and offering sacrifices to them seemed a bit unbelievable. There was someone who shared her sentiment, albeit he was much louder about letting people know it was the case. One of the older people amongst them had seemed to be a bit fed up with the corperation, which in turn lead to someone launching into a tirade towards them, and overall the whole room seemed to devolve into small little conversations only to soon refocus and ask something about the situation at hand. 

While Furiko seemed to keep a calm look across her visage, she had to admit that she was pretty surprised at how incredibly accepting nearly everyone was about the situation at hand. Looking at the people in the room, Furiko felt a bit confused about something. Three people were in this room that stood out amongst everyone else, and they were of course, the duel kings and the man who seemed to be dressed in some kind of strange black attire. As such Furiko asked, "now, I know this is a big issue and everything but why us?" She motioned her hands around, trying to include everyone who had allegedly received a blank card. "I'm honored that you'd want our help, but, I don't think any of us are that famous. And you already seem to have good connections as it is so, why us?" 

Everyone was having mixed reactions to the news Blues had delivered, ranging from disbelief to quiet acceptance. Some had questions, some had demands, and others had... quiet acceptance. Overall, it was decently organized for a group of eleven people being told the fate of the world was on their collective shoulders. He tried to stay attentive, but he noticed someone outside. Yeah, that was the final person. He motioned to Phantom Falcon, who nodded and suddenly vanished.

“This attack… I’m guessing that the people responsible for what’s going on now were looking for something in the GDA, particularly in Hearthome. I know that in Hearthome, there are plenty of people who claim to see strange things during duels. Even outside of them, there’s always somebody talking about a strange creature or person that looked a little too much like a monster card.” Lyall was starting to place some of the pieces together... good.

"Excuse me! Mr. Kaiba, sir..." The one known as Daichi spoke, waving his hand a bit. "While that is all well and good...what about the blank card??" Blues looked to him, when Akira added,

“That's something I'm very interested in. Like, why not just send us a plain old note? What’s the deal with it?” Before he could answer, Tycho went on a raving rampage.

"What do these cards have to do with the collapse of Hearthome?" he asked balefully. "Duel Spirits? You've got to be joking..." He strode towards the door, looking over his shoulder to Blues dismissively, something the young CEO was not liking. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't walk out right now!" Blues sighed and shook his head.

"Why were you chosen, old man...?" He mumbled to himself before looking up at the Hearthome citizen, before Yuria interrupted.

"GO RIGHT AHEAD!! WALK AWAY!!" She screamed, cause Blues' palm to meet his face. He was losing control of this meeting already. How did his dad do these things? Hell, how did Kaiba manage to control the room...?

Phantom Falcon appeared behind the two walking to the entrance of Kaiba Corps, silently standing with his arms folded., that cape billowing in an actual wind this time.

"Miero Tammabukku?" He asked as he looked at the two. "We're glad you made it. However, you were running a bit late, so allow me to fill you in on the details," He looked over to Kuria. "I'm sorry, you're not allowed to know what it is just yet, so I'll take him off your hands," He gently forced the cyborg away and placed an arm around Miero. "Feel free to wait in the lobby. And no, you won't miss anything. You'll be told the details... just not now,"

With that, the former Duel King helped Meiro walk to the meeting room. "So, quick recap. Some cards have a spirit. The spirits of three very wicked cards want to revive themselves, so they have human operatives kidnapping people to sacrifice to them. You're here to help put a stop to that and save someone close to you," He whispered as he lead him to the door. "The Q&A has just started, so save any questions for Mr. Kaiba," With that, he opened the door and lead the older gentleman in.

Kyouji was impressed, to say the least. Yuria had a set of lungs as she spilled her reasons why Tycho should stay. Her spirit was something else as well...

"Now then... about these Duel Spirits," she added, looking back to Blues. "You said that specific cards summon them to our world, and that they actually come from a different one altogether. Is it possible that the people that had disappeared on us could be found trapped in that other world? If not, how do we know they hadn't already been sacrificed? Please... give it to me straight, Kaiba."

"Before I do, allow me to answer Mr. Bosko and Mr. Hark's questions," Blues stated. He turned to face the two before clearing his throat. "You see, whoever is behind this plot to revive the Wicked Gods has been planning this for years. The three Gods grow even more powerful under the emotions of fear, anger... negative emotions in general," He stated. "They were planning to attack all the cities at once, however, some old heroes managed to stop them...,"

"All except one...," Dread Knight stated. "He lost his life trying to save Hearthome, and the city paid the price...," Kyouji nodded slowly.

"God rest your soul, Crow Hogan," The Duel King added. Blues nodded before he continued.

"As for you, Ms. Kaneko... yes, we have considered the possibility that they could be the in Spirit World. We don't have access to it ourselves, but believe me when I say that we have our best men looking for them,"

"Also, just to add," Phantom Falcon added, taking his space again. "Just because they might be in that world doesn't mean they're doomed. There are plenty of friendly duel spirits willing to help them stay out of the clutches of the Wicked Gods. Of course, we can't depend on them forever, so we need to find a way in,"

"now, I know this is a big issue and everything but why us?" Furiko suddenly spoke up."I'm honored that you'd want our help, but, I don't think any of us are that famous. And you already seem to have good connections as it is so, why us?" Blues sighed and nodded.

"The blanks cards... right... I am as lost about them as everyone else in this room," he admitted. "They appeared on my desk one day. Where they came from... I know not. Now... I know some of you can see and hear duel spirits. I... can not see them, but I can hear them. And almost like a blind person, I can hear duel spirits much better than an average person, even a Physic Duelist. And yet, I could barely hear them... what I could her though... they told me... all your names," He stated. "And that the Wicked Gods must fall once and for all,"

"With this information in mind, we have come to the conclusion they are cards capable of permanently defeating the Wicked Gods, or at least counter them," Phantom Falcon finished. "And why you... well... none of us have them. Whatever these cards are... they chose you," Yugo listened to all of this before hearing Helena say something.

"I... Really don't think i should be... Going through something like this..." Yugo decided now was the time to lighten up the mood.

"So, here's the recap then...," Yugo began. "Evil Gods spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things," He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Actually, this sounds eerily like those stories of 'Earthbound Immortals' my grandpa would tell me about...," Kyouji nodded in response.

"Sensei told me those stories to. Thankfully, we only have three to worry about instead of seven, right?" The Duel King stated with a laugh. Blues nodded.

"So, our plan is to split into four groups," Blues stated as he faced the group of blank card users. "We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World," He explained. "And then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack," He sighed as he stood up. "This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

Meanwhile, in the middle of the ocean, a small boat was headed towards an island, one filled with some very old and ruined buildings. The four occupants of the boat waited quietly, the salty air filling their lungs as they tried to focus. Finally, one spoke up.

"What are we doing?" A female voice rang over the noises of the engine. "Going back to that place is one thing... but... with this guy?" She pointed at one of the occupants sitting in the very back, a taller man with black hair. He wore a long purple coat with grey sleeves and gray pants.

"Hey, don't talk like that," A male voice called out cautiously. "That's a legendary hitman...,"

"And Hit is here to protect us while we find those cards the boss wants us to get," A third voice mentioned. "Though why they want these when they have the Wicked Gods is beyond me...," 'Hit' chuckled and looked up to the group.

"Hey, no need to be so formal... just call me Wade," He said with a grin.

[spoiler=OOC] So now, Blues has told you everything the group knows, and the plan they have! Yugo seems to have knowledge on something that was erased from history, and now there is card hunting... Have fun!

After a LOT of interesting chatter, none of which Daichi was really paying attention to, Blues spoke once more...addressing the Blank Cards. Surely Blues Kaiba would be able to explain what these wer-

"The blanks cards... right... I am as lost about them as everyone else in this room."

Daichi sighed heavily, even facepalming. Back to square one about this unknown card. However, it was all good. It was a suspenseful addition...mysterious. And that really made things worth it...at least to Daichi.

So not even Blues Kaiba knows about these cards. Haruto spoke, sighing slightly. Perhaps it's answers will be revealed in due time...

"Your probably right, Haruto." Daichi shrugged, smiling some, continuing to hear Blues speak a bit more before he heard something said by Yugo.

"So, here's the recap then...Evil Gods spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things. Actually, this sounds eerily like those stories of 'Earthbound Immortals' my grandpa would tell me about..."

Now that was something Daichi never heard before: Earthbound Immortals. He scratched his head in a puzzled manner, trying to think of what those were. Earthbound...Immortals? That's a new one... he thought, before looking at Haruto. Ring any bells with you, Haruto?

I'm...I'm afraid not... Haruto replied, shaking his head shamefully. I'm not even sure what these...Earthbound Immortals are. I'm afraid I'm not a lot of help on this...

Daichi wanted to approach Yugo to talk about these Immortals, but he decided against it, especially after hearing Blues speak once more.

"So, our plan is to split into four groups. We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World. And then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack. This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

An obvious silence fell over the group of Duelists that were present. However, Daichi Raimu only smiled widely as he thought about this. Dangerous mission? An opportunity to duel new Duelists? Possibly show off in front of others...both as himself and the Moonlit Magician? This was a chance that Daichi just couldn't turn down!

"Mr. Kaiba..." Daichi spoke up, smiling widely, giving a thumbs up to the man. "You can count Daichi Raimu in! Me and Haruto are up to help in anyway we can!"

Indeed... Haruto nodded, folding his arms. However...to those who COULDN'T see Duel Spirits, it would look like Daichi had either a problem or was a little messed up in the head. Either way, the Duelists knew now that Daichi was going to help.

Helena was getting a headache from all this, what with all the information that Blues dropped and the other duelists arguing and questioning Blues. This was enough to drive her off the deep end. The only thing that she could catch was Blues talking about their plan of action.

"So, our plan is to split into four groups. We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World. And then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack. This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

Just like in the note, saving the world. Silence came over the meeting as no one appeared to have anything to say, before one of the duelists raised his hand. "Mr. Kaiba... You can count Daichi Raimu in! Me and Haruto are up to help in anyway we can!"

Haruto? Was this Daichi referring to another duelist or... Maybe to a duel spirit? In any case, Blues had his first volunteer, and Helena was no closer to figuring out what she was going to do. She took a card out of her duel disk, it was the one that her brother had sent to her in his last letter. "*sigh* wherever you are brother... I hope your rooting for me..." she thought.

Helena slowly raised her hand along with Daichi. "C-count me in... Mr. Kaiba... I... Don't know if I'll be of... Any help but... I'm in..." Nobody in the room knew of her powers, plus they may as well be seeing her as a pathetic looking duelist, but she wasn't about to run and hide, she's done enough of it all ready.

7e8xcYT.png

Things seemed to be making less sense the more questions were answered. Not simply because they didn't add up, but more so because the executive himself didn't seem to quite understand what was going on. That was a bit of a problem. As the blue and yellow haired boy gave a short recap, though, she heard him say something about the Earthbound Immortals. While she herself didn't pay any mind to it, she suddenly felt an odd, almost growling, sensation coming from something within her deck. A bit curious, she looked down at the box attached to her hip, but the feeling was momentary and subsided before she could even inspect the source. Not paying much mind to that she then turned her attention to the next matter at hand. 

Looking at the blank card in her hand, the thing seemed to be shrouded in more mystery than it had been prior to coming here. While she had thought of it as more of just an invitation sent out by Mr. Blues Kaiba, they apparently had next to no relation to the company. As she stared at the card, she could not here the voices that Blues had been saying existed, nor could she glean anymore features off the card other than that it was...blank. Yet even still, she felt as though it belonged with her. 

Once Blues had asked if they were willing to join him on their mission to stop the Wicked Gods, Furiko had to think about it for a moment. On the one end, the whole situation seemed incredibly fantastical and out of this world. Furthermore, Furiko might have been confident in her skills, but she wasn't sure if they were at "save the world" level. However, on the other end, even if it was an unbelievable situation, it was still something that piqued her curiosity. She was almost positive that if she had let sleeping dogs lie here, she would come to regret it later on and would constantly be plagued with "what ifs." And worst of all, she felt as though she couldn't bear to part with the blank card anymore. And so, after hearing Daichi give his own approval to the task, Furiko had a slight smirk form on her face as she gave a short salute to the head of Kaiba Corps. "and you can count Hoshizora Furiko in on this task as well."

Lee released his grasp on Yuria's shoulder, surprised as the rest of the gathered Duelists by the remaining information. "Earthbound Immortals... yeah, those sound threatening. Wicked Gods sounds worse still..." He stood and drew 5 cards from his Deck, looking at them alongside his blank card. "It would be a lot more helpful with these cards if we at least knew what type of card they were. Or even some form of hint as to how they could be used... for all we know they're all Ritual Pendulum monsters with the Gemini clause." He looked about, seeing the insecure faces on all around him. "But as I said before, answers like those will likely be found in the heart of our coming battles. If anyone else wants to experiment trying to use these cards, I'll be out in the parking lot. Let me know what the team assignments are... I'm in." Lee turned to the door, making his way to his stated training ground.

"The blanks cards... right... I am as lost about them as everyone else in this room-"

Akira had to hold back a sigh of disappointment. He came here for answers, for an explanation to the whole...weirdness of the affair. One would expect a Kaiba to actually have the situation handled, but apparently he didn’t. He was with them, and, while Akira didn’t mind being on the same level as someone as powerful and famous as Blues Kaiba, he would’ve much preferred some answers to all questions being thrown across the room.

Lost in his thoughts briefly, Akira came to again when the Turbo Duelist started talking. He had a much sharper voice than CEO of Kaiba Corp, so his train of ponderment was brought to a crashing halt. Shaking his head briefly, Akira decided to start paying attention again.

"Evil Gods spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things,"

Akira couldn’t hold back an amused grin. Succinctly put, and it certainly did lighten the mood...even though Akira hadn’t been too emotionally involved before now. In fact, he was annoyed that he hadn’t said this first. But that’s what he got for trying to actually work it all out himself.

"So, our plan is to split into four groups.” As Blues started to talk again, Akira did a quick head count of the people here assumed were the blank card holders. This was assuming that everyone not standing or sitting cryptically at the head of the table was a blank card holder. Getting 11, Akira briefly did the math in his hand, and realized there wouldn’t be even teams. Ah well, perhaps he thought someone was good enough to take the place of two people. Blues hadn’t been looking at him much during the conversation, save for his question, but you never knew what rumors had spread.

"We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World, and then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack.” The Kaiba guy stood up, and Akira was intrigued by the look of exhaustion on his face. Was this whole affair really that serious? "This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

Composing himself after his moment of doubt, Akira lounged back in his chair. He wanted to provide an air of seriousness, but still convey how easily he thought he could handle the situation. With everyone here, of course. He brushed his hair out of his eyes, opened his mouth, and-

"Mr. Kaiba! You can count Daichi Raimu in! Me and Haruto are up to help in anyway we can!"

Akira shot an involuntary sour glance towards the speaker, then quickly glanced around to make sure nobody else had noticed. He really was being slow today. Maybe it was the action of the many duels he had undertaken earlier, but, whatever was causing it, he would have to give a better first impression to what group he would be assigned to. Not to mention the fact that his Daichi seemed to be referring to someone who didn’t actually seem to be present. Someone he knew, or someone he thought he knew? Akira didn’t care one way or the other, he was just interested in some action.

“Well, I’m also up for a challenge.” Akira decided to stand up instead as he followed with, “Akira Inao, ready to send some devil cards into the shredder!” A brief wince. That sounded a lot better in his head.

"But as I said before, answers like those will likely be found in the heart of our coming battles. If anyone else wants to experiment trying to use these cards, I'll be out in the parking lot. Let me know what the team assignments are... I'm in."

Akira glanced quickly at a nearby purple-haired fellow, the one who was wearing the oddly familiar blue outfit, and it finally clicked. Obelisk Blue! The highest rank of that duel acadamy thing. Looking him up and down, Akira was surprised at how open he seemed. Relatively speaking, of course, considering the various other Obelisk Blue duelists he had personally faced. Those were always the best duels, and he couldn’t shy away from an offer like that!

“Sure, I’m up for some experimentation,” Akira said lightly, performing a gesture that seemed like a greeting but was still open to interpretation, “Everyone was yelling there names, so you probably heard mine as I joined in. Dind’t catch yours though, what’d it be?”

“Sure, I’m up for some experimentation,” Akira said lightly, performing a gesture that seemed like a greeting but was still open to interpretation, “Everyone was yelling there names, so you probably heard mine as I joined in. Didn’t catch yours though, what’d it be?”

Lee grinned, looking Akira dead in the eye. "Name's Lee Paladin. Let's make it a good duel, Akira." and Lee's Duel Disk launched itself into the active position. "I look forward to seeing what kind of cards you use." He drew 5 cards and stepped into the elevator. "I'll let you take the first move when we get there."

tsYHWoc.png

Seemingly having no further trouble with the loud and abrasive man... for a change, Yuria waited for Sir Kaiba to answer her

"Before I do, allow me to answer Mr. Bosko and Mr. Hark's questions," was his immediate reply, before turning to Lyall and the abrasive man in question, "You see, whoever is behind this plot to revive the Wicked Gods has been planning this for years. The three Gods grow even more powerful under the emotions of fear, anger... negative emotions in general. They were planning to attack all the cities at once, however, some old heroes managed to stop them."

Yuria had been trying to listen in to the rest of the story, but then an arm had come around her side, and then in front of her. She was all too familiar with this type of motion. Machiko would do it all the time back in the day, facading an innocent motherly hug, only to outright strangle Yuria for whatever reason. Fearful that Lee might do something similar, Yuria caught the arm with one hand.

"I'm fine, really," she insisted, letting go and side-stepping outside his reach in an awkward manner.

"As for you, Ms. Kaneko..." Kaiba stated, having Yuria's attention again, "Yes, we have considered the possibility that they could be the in Spirit World. We don't have access to it ourselves, but believe me when I say that we have our best men looking for them."

"Also, just to add," the former Duel King (Phantom Falcon if Yuria heard the others call him correctly) chimed in, "Just because they might be in that world doesn't mean they're doomed. There are plenty of friendly duel spirits willing to help them stay out of the clutches of the Wicked Gods. Of course, we can't depend on them forever, so we need to find a way in,"

Unfortunately, the fact that KaibaCorp didn't have the technology to breach the Duel Spirit world wasn't exactly reassuring. Yuria sank her head low again, but this time a light smile came across her face. At least now she could feel confident that Utemaro and Lee's sister were both alive... for the moment. It was better than nothing. Neobis and Palpigrad had joined Yuria in her moment of silence, but then something had been said that had caught their attention.

"So, here's the recap then. Evil Gods spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things. Actually, this sounds eerily like those stories of 'Earthbound Immortals' my grandpa would tell me about."
"Sensei told me those stories to. Thankfully, we only have three to worry about instead of seven, right?"

"The Earthbound Immortals?" Neobis mused, seeming to be in deep thought, before suddenly, "God damn, I should know this one..."

"Wait. Didn't we have a whole archive of stuff on that one machine we had?" Palpigrad asked.

"It vanished on us when Sophia went AWOL, ya moron!" scolded Neobis.

"Ooooooh, so that's what happened to..." as Palpigrad began to recollect, he let out a curse word, "sheet!! Now we're gonna have to rewrite everything we ever knew! Unless of course the machine shows up as the blank card or something..."

Neobis immediately face-palmed, but Yuria was too busy listening to Sir Kaiba's plan of attack. That was more than enough to rile her up again in a more positive demeanor.

"Mr. Kaiba. You can count Daichi Raimu in! Me and Haruto are up to help in anyway we can!"
"C-count me in, Mr. Kaiba. I... don't know if I'll be of any help, but... I'm in."
"And you can count Hoshizora Furiko in on this task as well."

"Hell yeah, Yuria Kaneko most definitely in! I can picture it already; we go in, dive right into the Spirit World, swoop up the vanished damsels in distress and make their day! And then we creep on those bastard cultists and we're like... WHAM!! Justice has prevailed or something cool like... wait..." Yuria had gotten all excited as the first three people had announced that they were in, only for her mind to start drifting the moment it clicked onto something the cosplayer said, "Who's Haruto?"

"Um..." Palpigrad was at a loss as well, finding himself pointing at the last person to have arrived, "He could be that guy over there..."

"Good grief, you're both idiots!" yelled an infuriated Neobis.

"Miero Tammabukku?"

Both men turned their heads towards the voice behind them, Kuria's eyebrows going wide at the sight behind them. "Holy sh..."

"We're glad you made it. However, you were running a bit late, so allow me to fill you in on the details," the newcomer announced upon approaching closer before turning his gaze towards Kuria. "I'm sorry, you're not allowed to know what it is just yet, so I'll take him off your hands."

"Wasn't expecting anything else, honestly," Kuria replied as he shifted Miero's weight towards the stranger. Miero himself, if he had not been still standing...even with a lot of help, would have been feeling a lot like a sack of potatoes being past around.

In fact, he still kind of felt like that.

"Feel free to wait in the lobby. And no, you won't miss anything. You'll be told the details... just not now."

A nod from the somewhat-robotic human was given before looking up towards Miero, the mechanical eye still on the stranger. "Ya gonna be alright? You were a pile on the floor not that long ago."

"I...think I'll be alright. Please, continue looking for my son."

"Did you remember to bring your cell this time?" A moment of silence past before Miero allowed his head to fall forward with a groan. "I'm gonna take that as a 'no'. I'll wait here until you're done, then."

With that, Kuria walked towards the lobby, not really needing directions to find it as Miero and the heroic stranger walked on towards the meeting room. "So, quick recap," the stranger started to say in a whisper once out of Kuria's earshot. "Some cards have a spirit. The spirits of three very wicked cards want to revive themselves, so they have human operatives kidnapping people to sacrifice to them. You're here to help put a stop to that and save someone close to you." He whispered as he lead him to the door. "The Q&A has just started, so save any questions for Mr. Kaiba."

He planned on listening before asking, however.

iU8EggM.png

"Before I do, allow me to answer Mr. Bosko and Mr. Hark's questions," Miero heard someone state upon his entering before seeing someone turn to face two others then clear his throat. "You see, whoever is behind this plot to revive the Wicked Gods has been planning this for years. The three Gods grow even more powerful under the emotions of fear, anger... negative emotions in general," He stated. "They were planning to attack all the cities at once, however, some old heroes managed to stop them..."

"All except one..." another voice stated. "He lost his life trying to save Hearthome, and the city paid the price..."

Miero's heart almost stopped at these words. For the longest, he had wondered why Hearthome was allowed to remain the way it was for as long as he could remember. Maybe there was actually a reason behind it.

"As for you, Ms. Kaneko... yes, we have considered the possibility that they could be the in Spirit World. We don't have access to it ourselves, but believe me when I say that we have our best men looking for them."

"Also, just to add," the helpful stranger added, taking his space again after helping Miero sit down without falling onto his face. "Just because they might be in that world doesn't mean they're doomed. There are plenty of friendly duel spirits willing to help them stay out of the clutches of the Wicked Gods. Of course, we can't depend on them forever, so we need to find a way in."

"Now, I know this is a big issue and everything but why us?" another unfamiliar voice suddenly spoke up. "I'm honored that you'd want our help, but, I don't think any of us are that famous. And you already seem to have good connections as it is so, why us?" The voice he first heard, whom he assumed was leading this meeting, sighed and nodded.

"The blanks cards... right... I am as lost about them as everyone else in this room," he admitted. "They appeared on my desk one day. Where they came from... I know not. Now... I know some of you can see and hear duel spirits. I... can not see them, but I can hear them. And almost like a blind person, I can hear duel spirits much better than an average person, even a Physic Duelist. And yet, I could barely hear them... what I could her though... they told me... all your names." If Miero had been drinking something, he would have pulled a spit take on that. It was a small miracle he hadn't fallen out of his seat from how weak he still felt from earlier. "And that the Wicked Gods must fall once and for all."

"With this information in mind, we have come to the conclusion they are cards capable of permanently defeating the Wicked Gods, or at least counter them," the man that aided him finished. "And why you... well... none of us have them. Whatever these cards are... they chose you."

"I... Really don't think i should be... Going through something like this..." Yet another voice became heard, and it was getting slightly on his nerves that there were so many here that he didn't know. It wasn't something he was used to anymore.

"So, here's the recap then..." A different voice began, though he bit his tongue on this one. "Evil Gods spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things," Miero watched as the source of this latest voice tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Actually, this sounds eerily like those stories of 'Earthbound Immortals' my grandpa would tell me about..."

Earthbound Immortals?

"Sensei told me those stories to. Thankfully, we only have three to worry about instead of seven, right," asked a voice he barely recognized as belonging to the current Duel King with a laugh.

"So, our plan is to split into four groups," the leader of the meeting stated as he faced the group of blank card users. "We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World," He explained. "And then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack," He sighed as he stood up. "This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

While audial madness occurred around him, Miero simply closed his eyes and focused on what all he heard up until then.

Up until now, he never understood why people used duels in violent ways when a swift crack upside the back of the other person's head often ended things far earlier. It dragged things out needlessly and let others escape when one didn't want them to flee because they are not bound. He's seen too many cases of people winning and fleeing the supposed police of Turbo City because of them not just using the auto-duel system one step further and forcibly pulling the runner over before flat shutting it off. He had a hard time still understanding why a duel could change so much, but it seems that he might eventually get an answer to that in this madness.

Especially if it also meant finding his son.

"Who's Haruto?"

"Um... He could be that guy over there..."

Miero opened his eyes to look towards the person that pointed him out, shaking his head as he did. "Sorry, that's not me," he simply stated before trying to stand up with a heavy shake. Okay, good, he hasn't fallen onto his face yet. "Also," he started to say before looking up towards the person leading this meeting, wishing he had his quarterstaff on him to use as a walking staff. "My son went missing alongside many others earlier today. If it means finding him...then I will give aid in this."

iU8EggM.png

Kuria was calmly sitting down in one of the chairs of the lobby, leaning back with his hands behind his head. He glanced towards the general direction that Miero and the other guy went before asking himself one question.

"What kind of shitstorm happened that has Kaiba Corp calling in people like Phantom Falcon?"

Archived