Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

Tycho had dismissed the Dread Knight's reply to him quickly and derisively. "You're strong enough to treat those in your past as you do the scum of our city: WIthout mercy." He looked out the window, speaking to himself, but loud enough for the Knight to hear. 

"Me and my father were tormented daily by the gangs, even before they took over the City. I remember one in particular: Name of Winter, I recall. He always was the first in line to extort my father, to steal any money I had, to kick me into the gutter when I so much as walked by him." He clenched a fist before him. "He's still on those streets now... but I guarantee you there isn't a day that goes by that the vengeance I reaped on him doesn't flash before his eyes."

He looked over at the Knight, eyes narrowed. "THAT is how I handle the horrors of my past: With the cards in my deck and the determination in my heart." 

He now turned to the two girls, who he had so far hardly addressed. "The details of our decks can be expounded upon later; I rather doubt the carriers of the Wicked Gods will challenge us when we're all assembled to assist each other. If they know about this little team the Kaiba boy has assembled at all."

"Everyone, we're being followed," the Dread Knight suddenly spoke up, looking agitated. 

Tycho raised an eyebrow as the man looked through the sunroof. "Well... Looks like I might be wrong." He then blinked, clearly surprised at something. "Hold on... Duel Monsters Spirit World? I told you, that doesn't exist!" He crouched on the limo floor, readying his duel disk, a silver model that was dented and old, but finely polished. He looked to Aika and Helena now, his face serious.

"Dread Knight and I will take care of this," he told them with his deep, commanding voice. "You two stay here... it seems they want you anyway," he added, ear cocked to hear the words of the people outside. "Best if we keep you in here, where you're harder to reach."

He now turned to the door, opening it and stepping out, taking in the spectacle around him. A cavalcade of monsters surrounded them, the Solid Vision beasts blocking their way out every direction. Behind them was a larger car that held two individuals, the one with the active Duel Disk clearly responsible for monsters that surrounded them.

"It's a good thing he isn't by himself, because the two of us have no problem beating the likes of you," he said loudly, looking to the boastful woman. He raised the arm with his Duel Disk, a bright red blade flickering into life, a touch ragged around the edges, the circuits clearly somewhat aged. "We'll be on our way now. You have no right to impede us," he stated emphatically. "So unless you would like to try your luck against two of Hearthome's strongest Duelists, I suggest you leave."

His eyes stayed locked on the woman's Duel Disk. If she accepts the duel, she starts with an empty field, he thought to himself, catching sight of the various Shadoll monsters (though he didn't recognize them himself) around them in his peripherals. Then the kids will be able to get away... And if she doesn't accept, they leave. It's a win-win either way!

- - - - - - -

A loud yawn escaped from the mouth of the white-haired young man as he leaned back on his D-Wheel, elbows resting on his handlebars while his eyes lazily scanned the road leading into Turbo City from Neo Domino. He had been here for nearly an hour now, and had spent most of that time making various obnoxious noises into the headset that was built into his dark purple helmet.

"Can you cut that sh*t out, Hisakawa?" came the irritated voice from his earpiece. "Seriously, it's getting old."

"So am I, Steve," Hibiki drawled. "So. Am I. I thought they'd goddamn be here by now."

"My name's not Steve," the voice replied, with no conviction, a statement that had clearly been made many times that day already. "I told you, call me-"

"Do you think my time isn't valuable, Steve?" Hibiki interrupted, sitting up on his D-Wheel seat as he thumbed through the deck in his hands. "I could have won six, maybe seven duels by now from those chumps in Cradle, putting me that much closer to the Pro League where I'm so much more use to you. And yet you stick me out here waiting for some stupid kids to come through here?"

"Well, if you're so invested in achieving Pro League status, here's a newsflash for you, pal," the man replied irritably. "We got final confirmation on the one leading the group, your target."

"Oh yeah?" asked Hibiki, disinterested. "Which of the pricks do you want me to drag back to you?"

"The Duel King."

Hibiki sat bolt upright in his seat. "Duel King? Kyouji? You're sh*tting me!"

"I sh*t you not," sighed the man. "And they'll be there soon, alright? I trust you'll recognize his D-Wheel."

Hibiki wasn't listening. He was watching the road from his place in the back of the fast food parking lot his D-Wheel was sequestered in with renewed vigor, out of sight of the main road. It took a few minutes, but he finally spotted the all-too famous D-Wheel weaving through the traffic, followed by a white one that held two riders. Hibiki also saw that Kyouji had a passenger.

"Who's the gal?" he spat into his headset as he pulled out of the parking lot, speeding off to follow the group. "And this a******?" he asked with distaste as he caught sight of Yugo's driving.

"Dunno," was the reply. "Intel on them isn't solid yet, nothing confirmed. She shouldn't be an issue, though. Not if you think you can take on the Duel King."

"Tch," Hibiki snarled, then seing Yugo peel off from the Duel King, the two cycles separating. "I don't think it, STEVE," he spat as he rolled back into his hometown, keeping several dozen feet behind the duo. "I KNOW it."

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fFBhNoG.png

"Everyone... we're being followed. You'll have to stay on guard. We may be in big trouble."

"Yep, I sense 'em too," Aika groaned, reaching for her Duel Disk and deck, placing the cards inside the rather dated device.

"Well, the good news, we're at our destination."

"If anything goes wrong, then I'm going to distract the ones tailing us. We're looking for the portal to the Duel Monster world. The device is apparently hidden somewhere in the stadium. Get ready to run."

"Sorry, pardner, but runnin' ain't my style." As Aika climbed out of the limo, however, it seemed running wouldn't be an option. A large monster blocked the way, and it didn't look like it would move. And then one of the assailants - a girl, probably the one controlling the monsters - spoke the usual villain grunt bullhooey.

“You could try to stand against us, Dread Knight, but we both know that even in the unlikely event you beat Mushano here, I could finish you off without even batting an eye. I wouldn’t if I were in your shoes. I’m not here to coerce, though. Just let us talk to these two fine children you have here, and we’ll see our own way out. No collateral damage to the city or anything.”

"If y'all're workin' fer who I think, I ain't interested," Aika called out in response, reaching into the limo for the messenger bag she'd nearly forgotten. Opening the bag and looking at the waterproof contents, then to the mystery crew, she followed up with "Now I'd 'preciate it if y'all got outta the way, 'fore I show y'all what collateral damage actually looks like, m'kay?"

Turning her head toward her partners, Aika then lowly said - so that the assailants couldn't hear - "If I end up duelin' these here kooks, y'all best get into that stadium."

"We'll be on our way now. You have no right to impede us, So unless you would like to try your luck against two of Hearthome's strongest Duelists, I suggest you leave."

"Now I'd 'preciate it if y'all got outta the way, 'fore I show y'all what collateral damage actually looks like, m'kay?"

Both tycho and aika seemed very insistent on keeping this apparent psychic duelist from stopping the group. Helena though didnt want to see what will happen if they were to come to blows, with three psychic duelists here at the same time theres no telling the amount of collateral damage there will be. Helena held her duel disc in her arm and ran to front of her group.

"Please no! If this starts an all out battle we'll be putting a lot of people in danger." she stated looking at her group. "If we're truly supposed to save the world than we cant just start an all out battle out of nowhere!" she soon quieted down not knowing how everyone would react. Helena has seen first hand what a psychic duelist could do... She didnt want to see it again, though her throbbing head might change that if this goes any further.

VRORF8m.png

"It's a good thing he isn't by himself, because the two of us have no problem beating the likes of you," the loud and abrasive man that was Tycho called, "We'll be on our way now. You have no right to impede us. So unless you would like to try your luck against two of Hearthome's strongest Duelists, I suggest you leave."

Saori merely gave the man a cold, blank stare. She was not amused of the fact that one of 'them' would even dare to retaliate.

"I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing, but I'll have you know that I don't take kindly to defiance," she warned Tycho, before expelling a deep sigh, "I swear, 'they're' all the same. Always acting tough... when they're really in a position of weakness."

Taking that as his cue to engage, Mushanokoji nodded and flicked his left arm, which in turn caused his Duel Disk to arm itself with a pure white blade. He was prepared to duel both Tycho and Dread Knight at the same time, and was even eager to see if the former could be of any legitimate aid. However, the next thing that was said had taken both himself and Saori by surprise, as they looked towards the parked limousine.

"If y'all're workin' fer who I think, I ain't interested," it was from one of the Psychic Duelists they'd been meaning to talk to, who'd seemed to bring along rain gear as she approached the duo, "Now I'd 'preciate it if y'all got outta the way, 'fore I show y'all what collateral damage actually looks like, m'kay?"

Saori raised an eyebrow, confusion evident in her facial expression. And then Mushanokoji turned to face her.

"I was prepared to face two duelists, but not three," he expressed his concern in a whisper, "I don't think I can hold them for any reasonable length of time,"

"But we can't just let them go!" Saori protested, trying her best to keep her voice equally low, "Father wanted the Dread Knight specifically and we need more men! Er... women in this case,"

"I realize that," Mushanokoji replied with a sigh, before the two of them turned to face the trio that stood before them. The girl that had rejected the offer they were going to give them had been speaking privately to the others, and the other girl had pleaded that the battle not commence, letting slip that they were meant to be saving the world in the process. No doubt this had caught Saori's and Mushanokoji's attention, though they needed more information on the subject.

"Well at least that other​ girl's as naive as anything," Saori whispered.

"Quite," with that, Mushanokoji cleared his throat, preparing himself for a negotiation with the group that had gathered, "Since you peaked our curiosity, we're willing to make a compromise. We'll agree not to press our original request... on one condition. You said that we had no right to impede you. But we would like to know what exactly it is that we're supposedly impeding you from. And we'd appreciate it if you'd give us the full story in detail."

"You can start by telling us where you're going and why you're going there," added Saori, "Oh, and one of us will need to verify where you're headed, so don't bother trying to give us the runaround; you'll only be wasting your own time that way. So... just to recap, you can either let us talk to the two girls like we asked, or you can enlighten us on what exactly you're doing here in Cradle City. Those are your only two options, Katagiri Takuro."

Saori grinned smugly as she finished speaking, knowing that name alone would capture the Dread Knight's attention.

Phantom Falcon nodded to himself, listening to the two. Lyall was oddly quiet... must be battling inner demons or some edgy thing. Well, they couldn't leave him out. 

"Lyall, do you have anything to inp---," Before he could finish, a voice rang out from further up the road. 

"Well, well, well, a bunch of people 'touring"? A voice rang out from the shady alleyway. "No, that can't be right. You're looking for the danger," From the shadows stepped out a tall man with spiky black hair that went down to his back, the front of which was held back with a thick yellow headband. His clothes were baggy, and he looked shady. "Investigating the disappearances? You have to be. Well, if you must know... I'M the reason so many of them have been disappearing!" He began to laugh, holding a palm to his head. 

"Hmph, if you are, then why tell us?" Phantom Falcon stated, getting in a stance.   

"BECAUSE YOU WON'T LEAVE HERE WITH YOUR SOULS!" The man cackled. "I, Glaeris, will send use you as a sacrifice for the Wicked Gods!" He activated his Duel Disk, a black blade materialized, and at the same time, everything slowly began to turn dark around them, the darkness encasing them in a sphere. It seemed like they were floating in a void, but they could feel firm ground between their feet "You all can go first! It's not like you can attack until it's my turn anyways!" 

"I'd rather we go searching through the area together. I'm not really familiar with the place and don't want to get lost. Plus I don't think someone like me should be walking into an area like that by herself, you know?" Kyouji nodded in understanding. 

"Alright, together then," He said with a grin, heading for the warehouse. People they pass by would speak in hushed whispers, and a few pictures were taken. Kyouji took it with stride, as he was used to this attention, although he found it strange. It seemed they were muttering more about Furiko then himself. Odd.

Eventually, they managed to get away from the crowd to the warehouses. It was quieter, and much less people around here. Kyouji keep looking between them all the warehouses, before pulling out a card. "Alright, Dinozhar Tyranno, where is it boy?" He stared at the card for a few seconds before nodding. "C'mon, Furiko!"

He ran down the street, until they came to the very last warehouse. Walking to the door, he kicked it open and headed on in. The warehouse was pretty empty and dimly lit, but they could see that it looked like people were here, but moved out, evident from the couch, a few tables, and a computer in the back. Seeing the computer, Kyouji ran over to it. "Alright, time to see what this sucker has...,"

Meanwhile, Yugo and Maggie climbed onto their own D-Wheels, with Maggie motioning to Yuria.

"C'mon girl, we don't want ya dying on your way to the warehouses," When Yuria climbed on and strapped on her helmet, the two took off. "So what's your story?" Maggie asked, driving sanely.

"Oh, and one of us will need to verify where you're headed, so don't bother trying to give us the runaround; you'll only be wasting your own time that way. So... just to recap, you can either let us talk to the two girls like we asked, or you can enlighten us on what exactly you're doing here in Cradle City. Those are your only two options, Katagiri Takuro." 

Dread Knight growled as he heard that name and activated his Duel Disk, a white blade materializing as his Duel Disk, drawing his five cards. "I summon The Phantom Knights of Dusty Robe in Attack position!" He called out, a small figure in oversized robes appearing in front of Dread Knight. "If I control a Phantom Knights monster, I can Special Summon The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots in Attack Position!" He slapped his card down, summoning a monster with comically oversized boots. "I'm taking the level 3 Dusty Robes and the level 3 Silent Boots and overlay them!"

A vortex appeared beneath them as the two monsters swirled into the the mass of darkness. "Souls of knights who fell on the battlefield. Revive here and now, and become the light that breaks the darkness! Xyz Summon! Appear, Rank 3, Phantom Knights of Break Sword!" 

Phantom Knights of Break Sword
Rank 3
2000/1000

As Dread Knight finished his chant, a large black horse with the upper half of a person in armor light with blue flames attached to back appeared on the field, hovering menacingly in the air. "Tycho," He stated. "I need you to go inside with Helena and look for the generator," He turned to him. "I know you don't believe, but would you really leave a young girl to fend for herself in a building with hostile people?" He then turned back to his duel.

"Now I activate the Spell Card Phantom Knights' Spear!" Dread Knight smirked. "But it doesn't matter," He stated as he raised his hand over his head. "I activate Break Sword's effect! By detaching an Xyz material, I destroy one card on my side of the field to destroy one card on your side of the field! I destroy Night Express Knight!" The centaur raised his sword over his head, and two bolts of lightning shot out, one striking Dread Knight's card and the other striking Night Express. "Get going! We don't have time to hanging around, and we can't let them know about this, unless we want them to twist this for their own plans! Aika, stay with me, I can't take them alone, and we need one Duel Spirit sensitive person searching the building!"

Blues sighed as everyone got off the jet. This was good, they were here, no issues. He sighed and turned. 

"Well, according to my sources, it's very likely that there is a base or underground path to their base in Academia, which is how they're sneaking students out of here," He said. "That's the only way they'd get past the security here," He stretched before he realized something. "That D-Wheel is headed right to us. Prepare for trouble, they may have been doubled," He stated as he strapped on his Duel Disk.

-Domino City-

-BGM-

"BECAUSE YOU WON'T LEAVE HERE WITH YOUR SOULS! I, Glaeris, will send use you as a sacrifice for the Wicked Gods! You all can go first! It's not like you can attack until it's my turn anyways!"

Daichi swallowed hard for a moment. This wasn't something he was hoping was going to happen. He looked over at the rest of the group before glancing back at the man, Galeris. N-Not good. And here without an Action Field or anything... he thought, as Haruto floated beside him.

Yes, this is bad timing. Haruto spoke, sighing. If we had any Solid Vision, we could've gained the upper hand and found a way to make the slip...however...

Yeah...not really an option now. Daichi spoke, before sighing greatly. Then he quickly pulled his Duel Disk out and slid it on his wrist. "Well then...guess I'll have to do this without the grandiose styles of an Action Field then. Too bad...that just means this is a regular Duel and not a very entertaining one." he said, before quickly activating his Duel Disk, drawing his cards.

Daichi looked at his hand, before glancing at Haruto. Pretty good starting hand...as always. he smirked.

Indeed. Now, show this man what an Entertainment Duelist can do!! Haruto nodded.

-BGM-

Daichi nodded in return, as he smirked. "Time for the curtains to rise on my little show! Let's start this Duel off right...for my first move, I summon up Chocolate Magician Girl, in attack mode!" As he placed the card onto the disk, a beautiful sparkle of stars and glitter erupted on the field as Chocolate Magician Girl made her appearance, winking at Galeris.

"Next I activate her ability...to which I discard a Spellcaster from my hand to draw!" Daichi said, tossing one card away to the grave, only the brief silhouette of a spellcaster appearing behind Chocolate Magician Girl. He only drew after this and nodded.

"I think that'll do for now." he smiled, before giving a thumbs up to the others. "Whoever's next!!"

.:Daichi Raimu:.

LP: 8000

Hand: 4

Field: Chocolate Magician Girl (ATK Mode | 1600)

Graveyard: Dark Magician

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-Taccon City-

The sounds of the D-Wheel roaring towards the group was heard even more now. Suddenly, from over the Academia gate, the D-Wheel that was heard soared through the air from a very well timed jump and cleared past it. It began to race at a breakneck speed towards Blues and his team, but it immediately stopped, skidding to a sudden halt.

-BGM-

It was obvious the tension in the air was there as this mysterious Turbo Duelist now stood before Blues and the team. The Duelist remained still for a while, before turning his head to face Blues Kaiba himself. His arm lifted, his finger extended and pointing towards the CEO, though his arm now being in full view of it being very bandaged up.

"Blues Kaiba...." Jet finally spoke. "Your time is up...and for all the hell you and your family have put me through...you'll pay!!" he revved his D-Wheel up a bit, before activating it. "Duel me now Kaiba-heir...you've had this coming for a long time!"

tsYHWoc.png

"Oh thank god," Neobis was originally not looking forward to getting onto another Duel Runner, but as Yuria had been riding along with the new girl, he breathed a sigh of relief as she drove infinitely more carefully, "For a second there, I thought Turbo City was full of these jackasses,"

"Yeah I know," Yuria replied, "At least this we don't have to risk you being blown back by god-damn jump of all things."

"You said it," Palpigrad chimed in, and then suddenly rubbed the back of his neck, "Oh, and uh... sorry about the shoulder Yuria. I had to hang on somehow,"

"Don't worry abou- GAH!! Ffffffff..." Yuria only just managed to catch herself from cussing for the umpteenth time, inflammation from where the Duel Spirit's claws had dug into her skin flaring up just as she adjusted her position on the other Duel Runner, "Now that you mention it, that could use some ice back there..."

But it was too late to fetch one. She and the others still had a job to do, and she wasn't going to let a minor inconvenience hold her back from performing. It would take a while to get to the warehouses in which they would be searching through, but in the meantime, Yuria once again took in her surroundings... something she couldn't do whilst riding with Yugo. Turbo City was no Taccon, but it felt a lot cleaner than one could ever hope Hearthome to be.

And then the new girl spoke.

"So what's your story?"

"Hm?" Yuria chimed in a brief puzzlement, "I um... I come from the bottom end of Hearthome, and I was just trying to live my life before I got the letter from Kaiba. But every day I stay the night there, something always goes horribly wrong. People breaking windows for the hell of it, burglars going straight for my TV of all things, front door falling off because it's a PIECE OF funking sheet!! ...sorry, force of habit. But yeah, that's just a few of the things I'd have to put up with all the time."

VRORF8m.png

"Tch, of course you won't take the easy way out," Saori scoffed as the Night Express Knight blocking the road ahead of the group was effortlessly destroyed, but she simply took the card off her Duel Disk and threw it back towards Mushanokoji, "Here's your card back, Mushano. You might have to duel these idiots after all..."

"Understood," catching the Duel Monsters card in between two fingers, Mushanokoji slotted the Night Express Knight into the Deck Slot of his Duel Disk.

Meanwhile, Saori had ran right past the two traitorous Psychic Duelists, refusing to distract herself with either of them. It was evident that she'd learn more about their mission by letting the other two go ahead of her and lead her to their destination, inadvertently or otherwise. She was getting nowhere with trying to reason with Dread Knight. She had to move on, or she'd lose her chance to potentially recruit the other young Psychic Duelist into Neo Arcadia Movement's ranks. As such, she hopped onto the Shaddoll Beast that she summoned earlier, which took off after the duo with the other Shaddoll monsters in tow.

"We could've avoided all this drama if you'd just sit down and talk to me, child!" Saori called out, hoping to garner the young girl's attention.

Meanwhile, back near where the limousine had been parked...

"And so it's come down to this..." Mushanokoji drew 5 cards and held them in one hand as he said this, before staring the two traitors, "The both of you would've done well for Neo Arcadia Movement; it's a travesty that you allow your... talents, to effectively go to waste. Now you stand on your own. As a gesture towards the sympathy you must feel, I shall face you on my own as well. You should be thankful I've spared you the wrath of my colleague; she'd claimed the lives of stronger Psychic Duelists than the three of us, and the level of her psychic power is not to be trifled with under any circumstance."

He paused briefly, looking directly at the girl in front at him.

"Triumph over me depends entirely on you, young one," he stated, "As such, you may decide if Takuro or yourself goes first."

fFBhNoG.png

"I summon The Phantom Knights of Dusty Robe in Attack position!"

Guess we're duelin' it out after all.

Aika was mostly just hoping that the mystery duo would take her threat for what it was really worth and run off; she had no interest in exercising her power, and it wasn't exactly something she'd be capable of containing. The man before the pair seemed to speak highly of his colleague's power, claiming she was even stronger than Aika. While her interested was certainly grabbed by the idea of somebody with powers stronger than her own, Aika had a job to do first. There was a Neo Arcadia goon trying to get between her and her mission, and Aika Takakawa wasn't the sort to stop just because somebody asked nicely.

"Triumph over me depends entirely on you, young one. As such, you may decide if Takuro or yourself goes first."

"First turn's all his," Aika responded, setting her bag down on the floor and taking out its contents as needed. Pulling up a pair of rain pants over her legs then fastening them over her shoulders, the girl continued "I need a bit t'git ready anyway." Once her legs were waterproofed, Aika reached into the bag for her raincoat, watching the other two duelists as she did so. The boots could affort to be last, she figured, and unless the boys both surprised her, she'd easily have time to prepare herself.

Tycho's gaze moved from Saori to the Dread Knight as the man suddenly went into overdrive, destroying the monster blocking their way. "Katagiri Takuro..." he said to himself, underneath all the noise that was going on all of a sudden. He filed the name away in the back of his mind. He didn't know the name... but he would soon, if he had anything to say about it.

He nodded to the Knight, not saying anything other than "Very well." He then turned and rushed towards Helena, the giant of a man reaching down and grabbing her, tossing her over his shoulder and running pell-mell towards the arena. "Hold on, we'll get out of this!" he yelled, doggedly scrambling towards the entrance. "We need to find some sort of generator to the... SPirit World," he went on, not able to keep the disdain out of his voice. 

He heard Saori behind him, and flashed a look over his shoulder, Helena having a perfect view from her position over his shoulder. "Damn Psychic Duelist!" he spat under his breath, ducking into the entryway for the arena and cutting down a hallway, eyes frantically looking for a door that looked likely. Where the hell was this thing? It would take him HOURS to search this arena, and he probably only had a few minutes!

- - - - - - -

Hibiki followed close behind the duo of Kyouji and Furiko, his D-Wheel now stored in a nearby alleyway. His helmet was still atop his head, the visor hiding his eyes from sight, only his mouth and chin visible as he flitted along the street, in and out of the entryways and alleys to shadow the two.

Where are you going, Kyouji, he thought to himself as they approached a warehouse area. Why is the Duel King here of all places...

The two went into one of the warehouses, and Hibiki followed, crouched down as he immediately cut along the wall next to the door, taking shelter behind some crates. He looked around the warehouse from his vantage point. SOmeone had been here, clearly, and it looked like they had left clues, judging by the computer that Kyouji immediately ran towards.

So that was it, then? That was why Kyouji was a target; Someone had messed up and needed their tracks covered. Hibiki sneered as he pulled a card from his deck. He could do that. He could do that perfectly well.

With a loud crash, a crate went hurtling through the air, the long blue metal box spiraling through the warehouse as it careened towards the corner Kyouji was in with the computer. Kyouji barely had time to yell and crouch down behind the desk before the crate slammed into it full-force, knocking both it and Kyouji into the corner wall. The crate banged on the floor, the two ends pressed against the walls and firmly trapping Kyouji behind the crate. 

"So that's why they want someone as high-profile as Duel King taken care of, eh?" Hibiki stepped free of the shadows, a large presence lumbering behind him in the darkness, the shadow of a long, flicking, sinuous tail slinking back, its work done after smacking the crate at Kyouji, the best flickering out of existance. "Looks like someone was foolish enough to leave some tracks..." He held up his Duel Disk, a dark green with a blazing red blade. He leveled the disk as he sneered at Furiko, predatory eyes almost seeming to glow from behind his obscuring visor. "I'll cover their tracks for them... I'll over them in your blood, girlie!"

"Get going! We don't have time to hanging around, and we can't let them know about this, unless we want them to twist this for their own plans! Aika, stay with me, I can't take them alone, and we need one Duel Spirit sensitive person searching the building!" Helena didn't like how this immediately turned to violence, though she was involved in saving the world so it was a given. Plus she didn't really have a say in the matter as Tycho came up and slung her over his shoulder.

"Hold on, we'll get out of this! We need to find some sort of generator to the... SPirit World," tycho said as he headed straight into the building. Helena looked from her position on tycho's shoulder to see saori right behind. "Uhhh... We need to find that doorway quickly..."

Helena suddenly got a headache, a minor one, but one that got her attention. She could feel some kind of energy near the back of the building, spirit energy. "Uh... Tycho, you have to trust me on this... I can... Sense something near the back of the building... Keep going... I'll try to block her..." Helena explained as she drew some cards from her deck. "Please... Don't backfire... Swords of Burning Light!" Helena placed the card from her hand on her duel disk, a second later, a barrier of flaming swords appeared behind tycho as he ran. "I hope that buys us some time..."

(Notice: This is a post for Dova)

"BECAUSE YOU WON'T LEAVE HERE WITH YOUR SOULS! I, Glaeris, will send use you as a sacrifice for the Wicked Gods! You all can go first! It's not like you can attack until it's my turn anyways!"

“Glaeris? What kind of a name-” Akira’s attempt at a wisecrack was cut short by the sudden materialization of what could only be described as a void all around them. He could barely hold back a gasp as the floor seemed to vanish from beneath his feet, leaving only darkness.

"Well then...guess I'll have to do this without the grandiose styles of an Action Field then. Too bad...that just means this is a regular Duel and not a very entertaining one."

Daichi’s statement brought Akira back to reality, the promise of a Duel overriding whatever fears he may have had. He turned all of his attention to the brown-haired guy, eagerly watching as he took out his Duel Disk to begin. Akira may have missed his opportunity to show off first, but hopefully this would be something worth watching as well, regardless of what Daichi said.

"Time for the curtains to rise on my little show! Let's start this Duel off right...for my first move, I summon up Chocolate Magician Girl, in attack mode!" The appearance of the Spellcaster on the field was accompanied by a large amount of sparkling effects emanating from his Duel Disk. Akira was impressed, more so by the quality of the Duel Disk than the girl now hovering in front of Daichi.

"Next I activate her ability...to which I discard a Spellcaster from my hand to draw!" The action was quick and practiced, which gave Akira a clear indication of Daichi’s skill. Ah well, all the more of a challenge to surpass him when the opportunity arose! Focusing back on the Duel, Akira could only catch a brief glimpse of the monster sent to the Graveyard as Daichi drew his card.

Akira was a bit disappointed when Daichi ended his turn immediately following that, as he had expected more. However, he did remember how much Spellcasters dealt with speedy effects, so it wouldn’t do well to underestimate anyone, especially not his partner, this early on.

Pulling out his Duel Disk, which was brown-bladed with a gold and silver mixed base, quite an expensive piece of hardware in its own right, Akira called to the shady character opposing their group, “Listen, I don’t know how you got this hologram up so quickly, but it’s not going to damper my plays at all!”

He followed this by drawing his opening hand from his now accessible deck, all the while keeping a smug grin directed at their opponent. This was really weird, true, but it wouldn’t do anything to let it get to him, or even dwell on it. He just needed to focus on the Duel, it it should be a piece of cake.

“Alright, I’ll start by turning this action into a real event! I play the Field Spell U.A. Stadium!” The structure quickly materialized around them, even if it was a bit more shadowy and insubstantial than Akira remembered. Regardless, the familiarity of it boosted his confidence even more, helping him get into the rhythm of his plays.

He selected another card in his hand, then raised it. “Now, it’s time that I introduced another competitor into the game. Give a shout for U.A. Midfielder!” A figure clad in a very 80’s reminiscent armor, complete with a futuristic theme and neon lights, jumped ahead of Akira, settling down to a minor crouch. As soon as the figure had full materialized, Akira added, “And guess what? With my Stadium in play, I get to build a team to backup my sportsman! I add U.A. Blockbacker from my Deck to my hand!”

His hand replenished, Akira’s grin become more of a smirk as he turned to the other two people with them. “I’ll leave it at that for now. Which one of you wants to follow up?”

Akira Inao
Hand: 5 (U.A. Blockbacker, ???, ???, ???, ???)
Field: U.A. Midfielder (ATK Position -  ✪✪✪✪ - 1200/1000)
Graveyard: None

Without ceremony did Kuria move himself closer towards the newcomer after he finished speaking, making sure that Mr. Kaiba was behind him as he stood in a protective stance.

"Dunno what your specific beef with him is, but how about a duel with a fellow Synch' duelist first," he both asked and stated, holding the back of his metallic arm towards the teal and aquamarine duel disk that hung from his belt, allowing it to magnetically hook on before holding it in front of him like a normal duel disk.

It was obvious that he was not taking 'no' for an answer.

Kuria looked back towards the group, holding his head so that he could look back with his living eye while still keeping the mechanical one in the left socker on the stranger. "You guys get out of here, I'll catch up."

Miero, realizing what was happening, wrapped his arm around Blues before trying to pull him away from the scene. "Let him handle this, we need to get rolling."

(More Kuria's POV than Miero's, but it's easier to work from one POV per scene per post.)

7e8xcYT.png

With Kyouji seeming to be alright with the idea of not splitting up, the two of them were about to start walking on forward, though first Kyouji decided to consult someone. Furiko raising an eyebrow as he started asking one of his Dinozhars for directions. Thinking about the people she had associated with, and the ones who were on this grand quest to save the world, Furiko couldn't help but briefly wonder if she was the weird one for not regularly conversing with her cards. Shaking that thought out of her head, though, she followed the current duel king through the warehouse district, going to wherever it was that Kyouji was being lead to. As they walked through the area, there was a bit of an odd feeling of suspicion that the girl had gotten from the locals. She was no stranger to crowds paying a good deal of attention to someone, as the people of cradle liked to treat anyone who was a winner, no matter how small the event, as a celebrity, if only for a brief time. And while she wasn't considered famous, even less so outside of her home city, she was with the Duel King. However, these seemed to be less like fans being in awe of the man, and more like hushed whispers like one would expect from people keeping secrets or gossipers. What was even weirder, she could have sworn that she heard more mention of herself then she did Kyouji, though she simply passed that off as likely a slight bout of narcissism on her part and mistaking what people were talking about. There was no way the general public would be more interested in her then man she was traveling with, especially in Turbo.

As they continued walking, Kyouji's Dinozhar had eventually lead them to what was presumably the correct location. As they entered the warehouse, it was evident then it had at least been used in the past, though the fact that it seemed furnished made it much odder. If it was furnished then people were likely occupying it at some point, and people generally didn't rent storage space to have a place to hang out. Walking further in, Kyouji took note of the computer that was there and rushed over to it instantly. While he was occupied with that, Furiko decided to take a brief look around to see if there was anything else obviously suspicious or informative about the place. However, her searching was brought to a swift close as a loud crash resounded through the room. Looking at where the crash sound came from, Furiko saw that something large seemed to be flung at the man. "Kyouji!" she yelled out in concern, trying to see if he was alright, as she started to make her way towards him and was interrupted by someone else walking into the room.

Looking at the source of the interrupter, Furiko was greeted with the sight of a man who seemed to have a certain air of intensity around him. As he spoke, Furiko felt some kind of pressure exert onto her as he, almost definitely, gazed right at her. With his duel disk pointed at her and his threats stated, the intensity around him seemed to be different then anything she had ever felt before. It wasn't some kind of feeling of determination that she was used to from competitions. This seemed far more dangerous. And while she was most certainly unsettled by this man and the feeling he was giving off, she could not back down here. Knowing that it would do no good to lose her composure, and that she would need to duel this man if she were to continue on with her mission. Looking down, tipping her hat so that her eyes were covered, she let out a small exhale, calming her nerves, before speaking."If you just wanted to duel, there are better ways to ask for one." Her voice was calm and steady. Tipping her hat back up, eyes showing confidence and a smirk on her face as she looked at the man. "But if you think you're going to stop us here," her arm flicked out, with the blue and red blade of the duel disk igniting as she did. "Then you'd better be ready for a challenge."

Other than listening to the last of what Blues had to say and acknowledging the people he’d be working with, Lyall hadn’t been paying attention to much else after the conference. He was more or less off in his own world, thinking about everything that had been said, trying to piece things together, and wondering how his people were doing in Hearthome. Perhaps it would be a good idea to contact his officials to inform them of everything he had learned, give them a better idea of what they could be dealing with, and thus what to look out for. Blues and his colleagues hadn’t given a physical description of what these Wicked God cultists were distinguished by, however, but if they were as zealot-like as they sounded, then they wouldn’t be too hard to notice in the end. With all the talk about duel spirits and other supernatural forces, Lyall wondered if his sector would be safe even with tighter security…

Some time passed, during which Lyall also remained silent and sent all the necessary messages to his people and officials. What information he could offer to better their chances of staying protected against this menace, how little or vague it was, was valuable nonetheless. He had instructed his officials to form a kind of alliance with the Digital Fiends. Such a move was ironic even to Lyall, but the gang had always acted in accordance with his self-imposed authority, and had even enforced it upon other areas from time to time. They were “trustworthy” he supposed, but they wouldn’t act without scrutiny, obviously. A few back-and-forth messages told Lyall that for the time being, everything was under control, and nothing was out of the ordinary. People throughout the rest of Hearthome were uneasy, and it wasn’t because of the usual crime and gang activity.

Now, during the short span of time before Lyall was snapped back into reality by a certain shadowy duelist, Lyall had begun listening to a voice. Its voice, Kerykeion. He had yet to see the spirit of the monster, but he knew the two had a bond of sorts, and could commune with each other if so desired. It was done rarely and usually only under intense or special circumstances, which was obviously the case in this time. The lswarm had begun speaking to him as Lyall fiddled around with the blank card, turning it in different angles to see if there was anything special hidden on it, bending and flipping it, before finally considering to just trash the thing. Maybe it was just a temporary ID for the conference, but the spirit said otherwise. It didn’t give him any specifics, just that the card was of immense value, and that it would be wise to treat it with the same respect, if not more respect, he did his other cards. Shortly after that, the voice had told Lyall to gather his wits about him, because something was headed his way.

And something indeed approached Lyall and his new teammates, and it wasn’t friendly. Some whackjob calling himself Glaeris appeared out of nowhere, laughing maniacally as he claimed he’d send all their souls to the Wicked Gods. A wave of his arms, and Glaeris had encapsulated all of them in an orb of shadow.

Well… s***… this was new.

Looks like this was going to be one hell of a match, especially if their opponent had the balls to take _all_ of them all at once, one of them who was a former duel king too. Legitimate confidence and skill, or just ignorance and gall? They’d all find out soon enough.

Lyall watched as his teammates made their first few moves, all having been given the first turn. Now, it seemed that it was his move, prompting Lyall to activate the sleek duel disk on his arm. It had a simple yet sharp design, being primarily black, but decorated with gray and orange color patterns. He drew his opening hand and wordlessly surveyed it before choosing a card to play.

“I summon the monster Steelswarm Caller in attack position.”

Lyall placed the card on the disk, causing it to emit a techy series of noises and lights as it registered it, then spawned the corresponding monster. A winged, insectoid, metal plated creature appeared before them. Sleek in physique, the creature looked speedy and dangerous as it buzzed its wings and twitched its head and claws in anticipation of battle. Lyall set one card face down, then took one last look at his hand. He could extend his turn if he so desired, but something told him it was much too early for that, especially since his partners had yet to do anything of substance with their turns.

“Turn end.”

Despite the situation and how flashy his teammates were trying to be, Lyall’s turn had been simple, and his demeanor and tone cool and monotonous. Now he had to wait and see what the others would do, and respond accordingly.

Lyall Hark

Monster Zone: Steelswarm Caller (ATK Position, 1700 ATK/0 DEF)

S/T Zone: 1 Set

Hand: 3

Phantom Falcon looked at his cards before looking at the field. He should play it safe, seeing as how a giant bubble of darkness was far from normal, and he highly doubted this fight would be easy. 

"I summon Goblindbergh from my hand!" He stated, summoning a goblin riding in a small red plane. "When he's Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon a level 4 or lower monster from my hand! I summon the tuner monster Rose, the Warrior of Revenge!" A red headed woman dressed with a white scarf and black jumpsuit appeared in the darkness, wielding her blade threateningly. "And now, I tune my level 4 Goblindbergh with my level 4 Rose, Warrior of Revenge!" Mighty warrior that shatters the very Earth! Shake our souls and pierce the darkness! Syncho Summon! Ascend, Level 8, Colossal Fighter!" Rose took a leap into the air, turning into four rings while Goblindbergh turned into four stars that flew through the ring, causing a beam of light to shoot through. Descending from the beam of light was a white armored giant, with giant blue gems on his shoulders and a green visor across his eyes.

Colossal Fighter
Level 8
2800/1000

"Ah, the mighty Falcon's ace on the first turn? I'm touched,Glaeris stated with a laugh, clapping a bit sarcastically.

"Colossal Fighter gains 100 attack for every warrior in the graveyard! With Goblindberg and Rose in my graveyard, Colossal grows to 3000 attack!" Phantom Falcon stated. "I set two cards facedown and end my turn!"

"Alright, my turn!Glaeris stated as he drew his card. I summon the monster Warrior of the Iron Dragon!A monster resembling a knight in black armor appeared on the field, standing tall and proud. 

Warrior of the Iron Dragon
Level 4
1500/1500

"I now equip it with the Union Monster Club of the Iron Dragon!"  A large club appeared in the warrior's hand, increasing its attack by 500. "I also equip it with Wings of the Iron Dragon!A pair of metal wings sprouted from the warrior's back, and it got in position. "Battle Phase! Warrior of the Iron Dragon attacks Chocolate Magician Girl!

With a flap of his mighty metal wings, the warrior, flew at the magician, rearing back its club, intent on smashing her across the face.

"And it's showtime!!" Daichi said, snapping his fingers.

-BGM-

At the sound of the snap, Chocolate Magician Girl only giggled and started twirling her wand in her hand. Finally she tossed it into the air, as it was starting to slow down in midair.

"This is only the first of many tricks I'll be bringing out in this Duel!" Daichi said in an excited manner. "I choose now to activate the effect of the lovely Chocolate Magician Girl! When you declared an attack on her, she can call upon a Spellcaster in the graveyard...and it then becomes the attack target!"

Soon the wand began to spin uncontrollably in the air, as a small portal was being made from it. And from it...a familiar silhouette emerged from it.

"And now, please put your hands together for our newest performer! From his graveyard act, come forth! Dark Magician!" Daichi shouted, as Dark Magician emerged from the portal, taking the magician girl's wand after and handing it back to her. "And now, my good sir...your attack is now at the Dark Magician. However, here's another trick for you! When this happens...Chocolate Magician Girl halves your monster's attack! So it dropped from 2000 to 1000..."

Dark Magician only smirked, waving a finger at Warrior of the Iron Dragon, before raising it's wand and sending a dark blast towards the monster.

"Meaning a total of 1500 points of damage to you!" Glaeris cried out in pain, real pain as the dark blast struck the monster. A bit of blood trickled out of his mouth as he wiped it away. 

Glaeris: 6500

"You think you're clever, don't you? Well, thanks to Wings of the Iron Dragon, Warrior can not be destroyed by effects or battle twice per turn," Glaeris stated as he wiped the blood away from his lips. "Bastard... I activate the Quick-Play Spell Combination Attack! It allows me to detach a Union Monster, and the monster it was attached to can attack again! However... I'm not doing that... I detach Club of the Iron Dragon and move to Main Phase 2!"  He raised a hand over his head. "I take Warrior of the Iron Dragon and Club of the Iron Dragon and CONTACT FUSE them!"

The two monsters in question leapt into the air, the wings on Warrior's back disintegrating as the two disappeared into the shadows. "Great Warrior of Iron and his weapon! Form together to reveal a new warrior! Fusion Summon! Awaken and destroy all in your path! Level 7, Slayer of the Iron Dragon!

A human shaped monster covered in iron appeared, grinning wildly as he folded his arms.

Slayer of the Iron Dragon Slayer
Level 7
2800/2000

"I set three cards facedown and end my turn!"

.:Glaeris:.
LP: 6500
Hand: 0
Field: Slayer of the Iron Dragon (ATK Mode | 2800), three facedowns.
Graveyard: Wings of the Iron Dragon

Kyouji growled and grabbed the bars, shaking them with all his might. He needed to help Furiko, to stop whoever this madman was. However, he was too far away to be considered part of the duel, and with these bars, he couldn't even interfere. 

"You can do this Furiko!" He called out. The cage wouldn't let him interfere with the duel... but it would let him mess with the computer. Plugging a USB drive into it, he began to download data. He only hoped Furiko would be okay.

Meanwhile, Maggie was listening to Yuria talking, nodding understandingly.

"Hm? I um... I come from the bottom end of Hearthome, and I was just trying to live my life before I got the letter from Kaiba. But every day I stay the night there, something always goes horribly wrong. People breaking windows for the hell of it, burglars going straight for my TV of all things, front door falling off because it's a PIECE OF f***ing s***!! ...sorry, force of habit. But yeah, that's just a few of the things I'd have to put up with all the time."

"That sounds awful," Maggie stated. "You ever think about moving out of there?" She turned slightly to look at her. "Housing in Turbo is pretty cheap," She smiled a little before suddenly, the entire road they were riding on was covered by a dark shadow. Maggie and Yugo looked up, seeing what looked like a giant winged serpent flying into the sky before vanishing into thin air, the sunlight coming back.

"What... was that?" Yugo muttered.

Dread Knight sighed to himself as he watched Tycho and Helena head to the stadium. Now he just needed to focus on the duel at hand.

"I summon The Phantom Knights of Cracked Helmets!" He called out, summoning what looked like a phantom wearing a knight's helmet. "I then set three cards facedown and end my turn!"

Meanwhile with Tycho and Helena, if they made it to the door in the far back, they would find it to be unlocked, and inside the room was a large collection of generators, ones used to power the stadium. However... if they were to look closely, they would see one was moving, as if it was a bookcase covering a secret passageway. Was someone else here? Was something there...?

"Thank you, Kuria, Be careful" Blues muttered. He began to run off to the school, leading the other three. "Now, Lee, Eizar, are there any places that are supsious in school? Somewhere that maybe no one is allowed to go to or never goes to? Rumors, anything?! Miero, has your kid told you about anything strange in the school?"

-Domino City-

An excellent counter, Daichi! Haruto praised Daichi, who only nodded with a thumbs up.

"And it's only the beginning!" Daichi nodded, drawing his card as he proceeded with his turn, seeing Glaeris ending his turn. Now, the group had an advantage against their opponent, with him having 6500 Life Points remaining. And right now, he had a Contact Fused monster and three face downs. Alright...I need to take control against him before anything else happens...so with that said... he thought, looking down at his hand, before nodding. He was about to declare his move, Haruto stopped him suddenly.

Daichi! Don't! Haruto said, causing the Duelist to have a weird look on his face. This isn't a Tag Duel...its a Battle Royale...meaning...

Meaning if I go for Secret Village... Daichi thought, before sighing. It would lock them out of it. Crap, I didn't even think about that, Haruto. His gaze left the Field Spell in his hand, before exhaling and going for Plan B.

-BGM-

"I think it's time for another round of Chocolate Magician Girl!" At this, Daichi discarded a monster to the graveyard, before smirking as he drew another card.

"Alright, looks like the show's taken a new turn!" Daichi spoke, activating another card. "Gagagarevenge! And with it...I call upon the monster just sent to my grave! C'mon out, my partner...Gagaga Magician!!" Soon a coffin would appear above Daichi's head and out from it, was Gagaga Magician, who simply nodded at his Duelist.

"Next, I use my Normal Summon! My Gagaga Magician's lovely assistant...Gagaga Girl!!" Daichi said, as another Spellcaster emerged on the field, beside Gagaga Magician. "I now activate both Gagaga Magician's and Gagaga Girl's effects!! I select Level 6 for my Magician and Girl shall copy that level! Next...I next act of the show! With my magicians...I construct the Overlay Network!!"

As Daichi said this, a huge spiraling vortex opened from the ground, before the Gagaga monsters turned astral and dove into the vortex.

"Arise from the dimension of mystic and wonder...grant this audience your presence! XYZ SUMMON! Work your magic, my lovely assistant! Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal!!"

From the black vortex, arose a new monster: a female magician who was very pretty. She smiled before doing a small curtsy for everyone. Then a small afterimage of Gagaga Girl appeared, floating towards Glaeris' monster.

"Now due to Gagaga Girl's ability as being a used as an Xyz Material...I can select a Special Summoned monster and send it's attack to zero!" Daichi smiled, pointing at Glaeris' monster. "Now watch carefully...as Slayer's attack points disappear!!" And with that, Gagaga Girl vanished and with her, the Slayer's attack dropped down to zero.

Now we're talking. I suppose its time? Haruto asked confidently.

"Heh...oh yeah, it's time!" Daichi smirked, pointing upwards. "Now, if you can please turn your attention to my lovely assistant, Magi Magi...as she, by herself performs an Xyz Summon! Now, I Xyz!!" Magician Gal only nodded, as she stood where she was and began to shine brightly, rather than becoming one with the normal black vortex.

-BGM-

"It's the finale, raise your wand and captivate those before you! Xyz Summon! Call forth the curtain call, Ebon Illusion Magician!"

The light died around Magician Gal, only to reveal the Ebon Illusion Magician, looking menacingly towards Glaeris and the Slayer.

"And now...battle!!" Daichi said, smirking all the while. "My Dark Magician shall attack your Slayer...and due to this, I activate Ebon's ability! By the use of his magic, he can banish a card when a Normal Spellcaster attacks! So Ebon...banish the middle face-down from our show!"

Ebon Illusion Magician nodded, raising his wand and sending a dark shockwave towards Glaeris' middle face-down, as it shattered the hologram card on impact. As the card shattered, Daichi's Dark Magician sprung into action and began to make its attack on the Slayer.

"I'll activate that middle trap, Chains of the Iron Dragon!" Glaeris called out as the trap card flipped up and produced chains that wrapped around Ebon Illusion. "Not only is his effect negated, but he loses 800 attack!" He smirked as he lifted two fingers up. "Now I activate my other trap, Roll Out! It lets me take a Union Monster in my graveyard and attach it to a monster! I attach Wings to Slayer, which will prevent his destruction!"

"WHAT?!"

WHAT?!

Both Daichi and Haruto were floored by this sudden turn of events now, seeing his ace monster being chained up by this. Not only this, but its attack was dropped by 800...bringing him to 1700. However, it didn't stop the Dark Magician.

"Either way...my Dark Magician still is coming at you!" Daichi said, as Dark Magician sent a dark energy ball towards the Slayer, knocking the monster back a bit, dealing a good 2500 damage to Glaeris.

Glaeris LP: 6500 -> 4000

"And now...Ebon Illusion Magician...take a shot at the Slayer as well...after all, his Duelist made you lose your attack!" Daichi said, as the Ebon Illusion Magician sent a few dark energy balls, covered in ancient runes towards the Slayer, dealing Glaeris 1700 more damage.

Glaeris LP: 4000 -> 2300

"And...I'll end my turn." Daichi sighed, shaking his head. "Man...that was unexpected."

.:Daichi Raimu:.

Hand: 3

Field: Chocolate Magician Girl (ATK Mode | 1600), Dark Magician (ATK Mode | 2500), Ebon Illusion Magician (ATK Mode | 2500 -> 1700 Due to Glaeris' Chain | Xyz Material: 3)

Graveyard: Gagagarevenge

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-Taccon City-

"Dunno what your specific beef with him is, but how about a duel with a fellow Synch' duelist first. You guys get out of here, I'll catch up."

"Thank you, Kuria."

And like that, Jet watched Blues walk away...he was running away with his tail tucked between his legs. Jet was furious...

"No! BLUES!! GET BACK HERE YOU COWARD!!!" Jet shouted, clenching his fists as his eyes shifted towards Kuria (though his helmet made it difficult for others to see. "Damn you...I don't have an quarrel with you...I want Blues!"

"Hoshimi...what's your situation?"

Jet heard the voices on his radio once more. "Opposition...Blues ran."

"Damn...fine. We'll play his little game. Engage the opposition."

Jet simply began to grit his teeth, as he finally sighed. "Understood, sir." he said, before transmission was cut. He revved up his D-Wheel's engines again before glaring at Kuria. "If I have to get past you to get to Blues...so be it." he said, activating his D-Wheel's Duel Mode. Soon he was driving at full speed towards Kuria, only to narrowly miss, as he shouted. "Make your turn!!"

tsYHWoc.png

"That sounds awful," Maggie stated, "You ever think about about moving out of there? Housing in Turbo is pretty cheap."

"Well... yeah, I think about moving from Hearthome all the time. And then I remember that I can't," Yuria replied, "Hell, I hardly get enough money to survive there of all places. I mean, there's the train tickets that I buy every fortnight so I can get to the Duel Academy in Taccon City, but I kinda need that learning experience, y'know?"

And then it happened. A large, demonic serpent soared over the heads of the two girls, its shadow looming over the entire road. This did not bode well at all. The serpent had vanished just as Yuria thought to look up, but Palpigrad and Neobis had thankfully had their eyes on the sky this whole time.

"Um... ya think that was the Eraser flying over our heads a few seconds ago?" Palpigrad asked, for conformation of what he was seeing.

"Yyyyyeah, that was Eraser, alright," Neobis answered hesitantly, "They were supposed to be sealed though, so... how in the hell?"

Yuria, however, wasted no time. She immediately whipped around on the Duel Runner so that she was facing Maggie's six, and flicked her Duel Disk arm as she scanned the traffic for any Duel Runners that seemed out of place, said Disk glowing a purple blade. She did not want to risk The Wicked Eraser reappearing under everyone's noses again, and wound up looking all over the place for a possible culprit.

"Alright, just who in the hell brought one of the Wicked Gods right to our doorstep?!" Yuria asked, "Lemme know so I can clap him before he does it again!"

VRORF8m.png

"Awe, come on; that's not how you stop me," as she said this, Saori simply hopped of the Shaddoll Beast, which had been stunned by the effects of the Swords of Revealing Light, before drawing five cards and activating one of them, "I activate Foolish Burial; sending Shaddoll Dragon from my Deck to the Graveyard... which triggers its effect. Whenever it gets sent to the Graveyard by a card effect, I can destroy 1 Spell or Trap on the field, and I choose Swords of Revealing Light!"

​A silhouette of a dragon appeared, hovering over behind the glowing swords that were in Saori's way. And then, with a single swipe, all the swords clashed into each other at once and dissipated, freeing the Shaddoll Beast from their effects. With that, Saori made her advance.

"What the hell's wrong with you two?" she asked, changing her tone so it would sound as though she was legitimately concerned, "I never wanted to scare you. All I wanted this whole time was an adult conversation with the girl. And now you're making me look like the antagonist."

"I summon The Phantom Knights of Cracked Helmets! I then set three cards face-down and end my turn!"

Mushanokoji didn't think this as a particularly amazing turn from the Dread Knight at first, but as he scanned the card ahead of him, he realized what kind of defenses he had to break through. 1500 Attack Points wasn't much, but if those cards in the back row were easily activated, then that Phantom Knight monster could easily climb to 3000 Attack Points, perhaps even more if Mushanokoji wasn't careful. However, he believed he knew exactly how to dispose of Dread Knight once and for all. He began with a draw for the turn.

"I shall begin by setting the Pendulum Scale, placing Construction Train Signal Yellow on the right Pendulum Zone and Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons on the left Pendulum Zone," Mushanokoji stated, placing the cards in the rightmost and leftmost sides of his Duel Disk respectively, "I'll also activate Train Signal Yellow's Pendulum Effect: With it, I can return a single face-down card on the opposing side of the field to the Deck. In exchange, that card's owner may draw a card. I choose the center card to be returned."

With one less card to be activated, and consequently 500 less Attack Points that the Phantom Knight could accumulate, Mushanokoji was confident that he could run it over with anything he could Summon. Now came the task of Summoning.

"From my hand, I can summon monsters from Levels 4 through 10 all at the same time. Swing far, Pendulum! Carve the arc to victory!" Mushanokoji called, "I Pendulum Summon! Heavy Freight Train Derricrane! Night Express Knight! And The Soaring Celt! All of them in Attack Position!"

The monster that had blocked the group's path from before had emerged once again. Following it, two more railways materialized on the road beside it, with two more locomotive machines arriving alongside it for back-up. The two looked very slightly different from each other, with one a faded yellow and having very jagged edges, and the other with a cylindrical black body.

Machine-type/EARTH/Level 10/3000 ATK/3000 DEF

Machine-type/EARTH/Level 10/2800 ATK/2000 DEF

Machine-type/EARTH/Level 10/3300 ATK/1200 DEF

"I also activate Clemons' Pendulum Effect," Mushanokoji stated, "you see, after I Pendulum Summon, I can add 100 Life Points to my total amount for each EARTH Machine-type monster that I Pendulum Summoned with 1800 or more Attack Points... and you, Takuro, shall lose the same amount."

He smirked as he raised his arms up, collecting energy that would be drained from Dread Knight.

Mushanokoji's LP: 8000 --> 8300

Dread Knight's LP: 4000 --> 3700

"As you may have gathered, I intend to Xyz Summon," Mushanokoji informed, "But before I do, I activate a Spell Card; Centralized Traffic Control. This allows me to draw cards equal to the number of EARTH Machine-type monster I control with 1800 or more Attack Points, but since there exists a monster on the opposing side of the field, I must return 1 card in my hand to the bottom of my Deck. And now I use Derricrane and Express Knight to create the Overlay Network! I Xyz Summon... Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Gustav Max! In Defense Position!"

Derricrane and Express Knight were no more. In their place was a tower of sorts with a massive cannon that was aiming straight for Dread Knight and the Phantom Knight protecting him. Two orbs swirled around this tower, as though it had its own orbital field of sorts.

Machine-type/EARTH/Rank 10/3000 ATK/3000 DEF

"That... really is a silly name; there's no denying that," the man in white admitted, "But it's effect is nothing to scoff at. Once per turn, I can detach an Xyz Material from Gustav Max, and vanquish 2000 Life Points from an opponent in one fell swoop. Once again, my target is Takuro, and I'm detaching Derricane for its cost... which in turn activates its effect. Whenever Derricrane is detach from an Xyz Monster for the activation of its effect, it gains a separate ability to target and destroy a card on the field. I choose The Phantom Knights of Cracked Helmets!"

With that, Gustav Max aimed its cannon at the Phantom Knight, one of the orbs breaking from its orbit and entering the chamber. Shortly afterwards, it fired, blowing the Phantom Knight right into Dread Knight, who seemed to have activated a Trap Card just in time. The smoke cleared from the blast... only to reveal that the Phantom Knight was A-OK... and even seemed to be stronger

Dread Knight's LP: 3700 --> 1700

The Phantom Knight's of Cracked Helmets' ATK: 1500 --> 2500

"Hmm... I see what you've done. You've activated Phantom Knights' Wing, not only granting your monster 500 Attack Points, but also saving it from destruction, albeit for that instance only. And with that card sent to the Graveyard, your Phantom Knights gains an additional 500 Attack Point supplement," as Mushanokoji processed the move Dread Knight had made, he turned to his Soaring Celt, starting to regret that this was the only monster that was in Attack Position, "I suppose that teaches me for summoning Gustav Max in Defense Position when I could've attacked with it and easily wiped out the rest of your Life Points. No matter, I'll attack your Phantom Knight with The Soaring Celt."

The Soaring Celt started its engine, a new railway forming in front of it and heading underneath the Phantom Knight. It tried to step to the side, but the railway adjusted instantly so that it was underneath again. Eventually, The Soaring Celt took off at high speed, squashing the Phantom Knight under the train tracks and trying to brake again, and ending up whacking Dread Knight again regardless. Mushanokoji, however, was surprised to see that the attack went through... and was in truth partly dismayed that he didn't trigger the last trap.

Dread Knight's LP: 1700 --> 900

'Hmm... I was expecting something akin to a Mirror Force,' the Psychic Duelist mused, but shook it off, "I can do no more. Let's see what this child's capable of..."

[spoiler=Mushano's Stats:]LP: 8300

Cards in Hand: 2

Cards in Deck: 32

Cards on Field: Construction Train Signal Yellow (Right Pendulum Zone), Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons (Left Pendulum Zone), The Soaring Celt (ATK), Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Gustav Max (DEF, 1OL)

Cards in Graveyard: Centralized Traffic Control, Heavy Freight Train Derricrane

Banished Cards: N/A

[spoiler=Custom Cards Used:][spoiler=Construction Train Signal Yellow]Construction Train Signal Yellow

Machine-type/EARTH/Level 6/2100 ATK/2500 DEF

Normal Pendulum Monster - Scale 11

Pendulum Effect: You can only Summon "Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons" or EARTH Machine-type monsters with 1800 or more ATK. (This effect cannot be negated.) You can target 1 Set card your opponent controls; return that target to its owner's Deck, and if you do, the owner draws 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Construction Train Signal Yellow" once per turn.

Lore: WARNING: Collisions involving locomotives can cost lives. Please stay clear of all railroads whenever a locomotive enters your field of vision. 

[spoiler=Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons]Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons

Zombie-type/DARK/Level 4/2000 ATK/100 DEF

Effect Pendulum Monster - Scale 3

Pendulum Effect: You can only Summon "Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons" or EARTH Machine-type monsters with 1800 or more ATK. (This effect cannot be negated.) After you Pendulum Summon: You can increase your Life Points by 100 for each EARTH Machine-type monster you Pendulum Summoned with 1800 or more ATK, and if you do, your opponent loses Life Points equal to the amount of Life Points you gained by this effect.

Monster Effect: Cannot attack unless you control an EARTH Machine-type monster with 1800 or more ATK. Once per turn: You can target one EARTH Machine-type monster in your Graveyard or Banished Zone with 1800 or more ATK; pay Life Points equal to that target's Level x100, and if you do, Special Summon it. Neither this card nor the monster that was Summoned this way can attack this turn, also you cannot activate card effects for the rest of this turn, except the effects of EARTH or Machine-type monsters you control.

[spoiler=The Soaring Celt]The Soaring Celt

Machine-type/EARTH/Level 10/3300 ATK/1200 DEF

Effect Pendulum Monster - Scale 11

Pendulum Effect: You can only Summon "Nefarious Train Conductor Clemons" or EARTH Machine-type monsters with 1800 or more ATK. (This effect cannot be negated.)  During a turn that you have not conducted a Pendulum Summon, when you Summon exactly 1 Level 10 EARTH Machine-type monster: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone in face-up Defense Position. You cannot place cards in a Pendulum Zone this turn, also you cannot Summon other monsters this turn, except from the Extra Deck.

Monster Effect: A Pendulum Summon that includes the Summoning of this card cannot be negated. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster: send it to your Extra Deck face-up instead of sending it to your Graveyard.

~Kuria's POV~

Kuria didn't move as the challenger rushed for him on his Runner, watching as he was narrowly missed by the ball of speed. The only thing it did was make him wish he had brought along his own Duel Runner.

"Make your turn!!" he soon heard shout at him after a tiny monologue, to which he drew his starting five while keeping his eyes on his to-be-opponent. Only upon raising his hand in front of him did his mind start to whir.

"Alright, then. Out the gate and there's already a scene change: Clear World, activate." As soon as the Field Spell was slid into place, a point of light began to shine high above the two duelists as a large blue crystal materialized into view that shone with great light. "I'd watch what you play or your own deck will kill you," he warned, not yelling, but keeping his voice even and calm as he projected his voice.

"Next step: Activating Clear Wall, then Clear Rage Golem in Attack Mode." While there was no apparent effect once the second Spell was played, its effect became obvious once the Monster was played. A floating golem within what appeared to be a shield of white crystal was soon summoned in front of Kuria, though the shield soon turned from a white color to a light-blue shade.

"Finally, I place one card face down in the Spell/Trap zones. Now, let's see what you've got, stranger. Your turn."

The whole time he played, he was careful not to make any facial expressions to give away either way what kind of start this would normally be or if he had any form of ace in his hands. Plus that, it's hard to read a person's eyes when only one of them is still alive.

(We may want to do this duel in GDocs.)

iU8EggM.png

~Miero's POV~

"Miero, has your kid told you about anything strange in the school?"

The mention of his son caused him to frown and look down towards the ground. "Admittedly, my son isn't old enough to go to school, he was going to go this coming year...but..." He crossed his arms in front of him in thought as he closed his eyes, trying to see if the kid mentioned anything odd from the multiple times he took Malin up to the school during recess.

After a moment or two, his eyes suddenly reopened as he raised his head towards Blues. "Now that I think on it, I do remember him trying to tell me something about an abandoned area of the school. I admittedly didn't take much stock in it at the time, thinking it was traditional 'kid gossip'." He looked away after saying that, now feeling somewhat sheepish that he didn't put any real weight into his own kid's words...

“And...I’ll end my turn. Man, that was unexpected.”

No kidding. Despite the massive damage Daichi was able to inflict, Glaeris had managed to stave some off and leave Daichi’s field a little the worse for wear. He obviously was skilled at this game, but Akira was confident that he would still come out on top.

“I guess that makes it my move!” Akira drew his card, signifying the beginning of his turn, and hopefully the decimation of their opponent. He grinned smugly as he looked down at the card he drew, and his face fell momentarily. A defensive card? Just when he was about to pull off some amazing offensive plays?

Akira shook his head, adding the card to his hand and allowing his jaunty expression to reform. He might as well add some disrespect to his turn, so why not just roll with it?

“I’ll start with something a little familiar!” called Akira as he selected a different card in his hand and placed it onto his Duel Disk with a little more force that was absolutely necessary. “Come on out, U.A. Overseer!”

A similarly techno-garbed figure joined the first one he had summoned, however this time it seemed to be dressed in what seemed less like armor and more like spruced-up casual clothes, excluding the helmet obscuring the person’s face.

U.A. Overseer
✪✪✪✪
800/1600

“U.A. Stadium’s effect activates, allowing me to call out another support player from my Deck! This time, it’ll be U.A. Dreadnought Dunker!” The corresponding card shot out from Akira’ deck, which he deftly caught and proceeded to add to his hand. Pausing briefly, he added, “I hope you’re ready to get real familiar with it, because I’m about to summon it!”

Akira pointed towards the monster he had just summoned. “You see, Overseer gets to decide when I can bring out monsters, and, with a little...prompting, such as a payment of life points, I can get him to bend the rules a little!” He raised the recently added monster from his hand. “I would ask if you minded, but I honestly don’t care. By paying 1000 LP, I can bring out Dunker to send you sprawling!”

Akira’s LP: 8000 → 7000

Overseer looked away, whistling nonchalantly as another monster materialized on Akira’s side of the field. This time the muscular human, holding a glowing ball of energy, was clearly visible underneath a white vest, some metallic bands seemingly randomly placed on his bond and a pair of eye-drawing glowing pants.

U.A. Dreadnought Dunker
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
2500/1600

“Even though it’s basically overkill at this point, Stadium’s second ability activates!” The ethereal bleachers surrounding Akira started to glow, and faint cheers could be heard. “The crowd loves to see their favorites enter the game, and this support boosts my monsters’ attack and defense permanently by 500 points each!”

Akira raised his hand in an extravagant gesture. “Dreadnought Dunker, time to attack Glaeris’ lone monster!” The aforementioned U.A. dashed towards the opposing duelist, rapidly bouncing the ball of energy it still held, but Akira wasn’t finished yet. “Maybe now would be a good time to mention Dunker’s special ability! When he manages to damage you, I get to destroy a card you control! Although it won’t matter, considering your loss,” Akira went on to say, “Adding insult to injury is always fun! Now, get ready to get-”

I activate the trap card, Desperation of the Iron Dragon! Glaeris interrupted, a wide, feral grin spreading across his face. When my life points are 3000 or lower, I can draw cards equal to half the combined level of the monsters on all of my opponents side of the field! The combined total of all your monsters is 34, which allows me to draw 17 cards! He smirked as he reached into his deck, drawing a massive amount of cards. And now I gain 500 lifpoints for every card drawn, adding 8500 extra lifpoints to my total!

Glaeris’ LP: 10800 → 7800

Akira’s outstretched hand and features froze, even as Dreadnought Dunker’s attack smashed into Glaeris. He had almost single-handedly given their opponent the ultimate advantage. Regardless of the fact that that it had been Glaeris’ trap card that had done the deed, it had been Akira who triggered it.

Attempting to compose himself, Akira shook his head. “Well...I’ll attack you with both Overseer and-”

Do you want to do that? Seventeen cards kid. Any one of these could be a hand trap,

Akira gritted his teeth at being interrupted yet again, but he did have to admit that Glaeris had a point. He had no idea of the real capabilities of his deck, and he didn’t want to make this more of a challenge-

His annoyed expression lightened up a little as he remembered he still had some tricks up his sleeve. Specifically the card he drawn at the start of his turn. Grabbing it from his hand, he smashed it onto his Duel Disk.

“Well, I guess I’ll activate the quick-play spell U.A. Foul Call! As I said earlier, I do have control over some of the rules of this duel, and what better way to use this power than to declare a penalty in my favour? And with a penalty, comes bonuses!”

Dreadnought Dunker clutched his knee in almost convincing fit of agony, before collapsing into particles of energy. These quickly reformed into another U.A., this one equipped with a bat comprised of some form of red energy.

U.A. Mighty Slugger
✪✪✪✪✪
2300/700

“Unlike me, you are still bound by the mechanics of this game, and I have to mention that U.A. Mighty Slugger’s effect prevents you from doing anything until after he’s knocked you to the ground. Although he’s a little too late for Stadium’s boost, he will still be able to do something. So, Mighty Slugger, hit him with all you’ve got!”

The techno-clad sportsman charged forward, whacking Glaeris with his glowing tool.

Glaeris' LP: 7800 → 5500

“Sorry guys, I know we can’t afford to mess up more.” Akira sighed before holding up another card. “I won’t attack, but will instead return U.A. Overseer to my hand in order to summon U.A. Blockbacker from my hand in defense position with his own ability. Remember him?” He gave a poor attempt at a chuckle as the umpire on the field vanished to be replaced with another figure with so much glowing armor that it seemed like he couldn’t move even if he wanted to. “And with that, I...guess I’ll pass my turn.”

U.A. Blockbacker
✪✪✪✪✪
✪✪
1600/2700

Akira Inao
LP: 7000
Hand: 4 (???, ???, ???, ???)
Field: U.A. Midfielder (ATK Position - ✪✪✪✪ - 1700/1500), U.A. Mighty Slugger (ATK Position - ✪✪✪✪✪ - 2300/700) , U.A. Blockbacker (DEF Position - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - 1600/2700) 
Graveyard: U.A. Foul Call, U.A. Dreadnought Dunker

7e8xcYT.png

With Kyouji's words of encouragement behind her, Furiko decided that it was time to start the duel. Looking to her opponent with a confident smile on her face she said, "well then, let's get this show on the road."With that, Furiko drew the five cards off the top of her deck, and took her dance. In a slightly jovial manner the girl said, "now I hope you don't mind, but I'll take the first turn." Looking at her hand, it wasn't necessarily the best opening set, but it was good enough for her. "To start this duel off," she took the first two cards from her hand and revealed them both to her opponent announcing what they were, slapping them then into the two pendulum zone slots on her disk. "I set my pendulum scales with Scale 2, Dharma-Eye Magician and Scale 4, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!"

With that the word "PENDULUM" appeared in rainbow letters on the blade of the girl's duel disk. To her right a large, muscular white haired man adorned in robes, golden pauldrons and a golden crown with a singular turquoise sphere on it appeared, holding an ornate, cylindrical staff to his side. Encased in a giant pillar of light, a giant number "2" appeared beneath him. To her left, a crimson dragon with a large blue sphere in its torso and two different colored eyes appeared, encased in a similar pillar of light with a giant number "4" underneath it.

"Now then, with my two pendulum scales set, it can only mean one thing." Looking at the monster in hand she said, "with the two scales I have set I can only summon monsters that are level 3, but of course, that won't be an issue." Going to place the next monster on her duel disk she said, "I pendulum summon Timesword Magician from my hand."With that, a large hole seemed to open up in the sky as a stream of energy dropped through from it. Once the energy had hit the ground, it took shape in a rather young looking gray haired boy, adorned in cloths and a cape, with a golden circlet across his head. Wielding his blade, he looked to the opponent fiercely. "Furthermore, because he was the only card who was pendulum summoned from my hand, his attack points double." The boy then seemed to be coated in a silver aura as its blade started to grow in size.

Now looking ready to battle, Furiko said,"sadly as it is my turn first, my Timesword can't do much beyond that. However, during my end phase, Odd-Eyes's effect activates, allowing me to destroy it in my pendulum zone to search out another pendulum monster with 1500 or less attack."With a snap of her fingers, the dragon let out as Furiko called out the ability's name, "Pendulum Resonance!"With that, the dragon exploded into particles of Solid Vision, collecting towards Furiko's deck and forcing a card out that she snatched into her hand. Revealing it to her opponent, she said, "and so I add Dragonpit Magician to my hand, and with that, leave the floor to you."

[spoiler=Duel State]
Furiko - LP 8000
Hand - 3
Field:

• Timesword Magician (Level 3, 2800 ATK/0 DEF, ATK Mode.)
  • Dharma-Eye Magician (Scale 2)

Grave:

• Empty

Face Up ED:

• Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon

~Jet's POV~

Clear World? That’s something I didn’t think I’d see someone use… Jet thought, as he swung around in his D-Wheel, taking a look at the Field Spell that was brought forth.

Clear World, a very interesting Field Spell which turned each player’s decks either for them, or against them. It all depended on the monster’s attributes. And with Kuria’s monster, Clear Rage Golem, even though it was a DARK attributed monster, it wasn’t affected by the spell. And one Continuous Spell and one face-down card.

Either way, Jet had to play this cautiously.

“I draw.” Jet said, drawing as he sped towards Kuria again, missing yet again.

“You’re making me wish I had brought my own Runner, so we could do this properly,” Kuria remarked after the near-miss, still keeping the emotion out of his voice and face.

Jet kept quiet, as he looked at his hand. “I activate One-for-One!” he declared, activating the Spell. “I’m getting a Tuner from my deck at the cost of a monster.” He quickly tossed out a monster card, which if Kuria noticed, was Crystron Prasirator.

“Now...” he said, looking at his hand after taking the Tuner he searched for. “I summon to the field, Crystron Quon!”

As he placed the card on the disk, a small being that seemed like it was wearing icicles appeared beside Jet’s D-Wheel, only bowing respectfully at Kuria and the Golem. It was knight like in appearance, so it was understandable.

“And I’ll end my turn there...” Jet said, revving up his engines again, before proceeding to drive around Kuria. “It’s your go.”

“Before your End Phase, however, I activate this, Attribute Chameleon," Kuria stated as the Trap of the same name revealed itself. "Your monster’s become a temporary Fire Attribute monster.”

Jet began to grit his teeth, as he watched the powers of the Clear World deal with his monster’s new attribute, dishing out the damage that Fire Attributed monsters gave their owners.

Jet’s LP: 8000 -> 7000

.:Jet Hoshimi:.
LP: 7000

Hand: 4

Field: Crystron Quon (DEF Mode | 500)

Graveyard: One-for-One, Crystron Prasirator

~Kuria's POV~

“Water, huh,” Kuria muttered under his breath, the robotic eye focused on the discard from One for One to catch what it was. “Guess Dark won’t come into play, then.” He finally showed reaction as he winced upon Clear World taking its toll for the time being, though it was at most a flinch reaction. He momentarily closed his mechanical left eye and balled his right mechanical hand into a fist from this, due to the fact that, because of the cybernetic nature of both, he actually felt the pain from these projections beyond normal where they joined the rest of his body.

Kuria’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7500

“I draw,” he projected afterwards before looking down upon what he drew. “First, I Normal Summon Clear Whelp in Attack Position.” Like the golem next to it, another creature appeared within one of the strange crystals, but this one appeared much like a transparent dragon. “Whelp, Rage Golem, tag out for Clear Soul Dragon.”

The two monsters both nodded before their individual jewels shattered around them before flying into the air, spinning around one another as if swimming within water. They both began to glow before intertwining with one another, the light reforming as it slowly descended.

What connected to the ground were large transparent claws. Being supported by these large claws was a much-larger transparent dragon, clearly a ghost in its own way from how hard it was to see. In fact, it was because of the light of the Clear World field itself that it was even visible. Upon doing this, he waited a few moments, seeing if the mysterious foe would respond as the partial cyborg knew he could as the light-blue jewel began to reform around the dragon. Seeing no action taken, Kuria nodded slightly before raising the metallic arm above his head, taking advantage of the fact that he had no face-down Spells or Traps that he could accidentally reveal by doing so, before re-leveling his arm toward his foe. “Sic ’em, Clear Soul Dragon. Spectral Slash!”

A roar was released from the air before the large spirit launched itself into the air before swooping towards the foe, large foreclaws stretched out as it phased through the monsters between it and the opposing player to strike out at the foe with both.

Jet’s Life Points: 7000 -> 4800

Jet took the hit in stride, gripping a hold of his D-Wheel’s handles, as he just looked in the direction of Kuria...almost unphased by the sudden attack. “I-Is that all you have?” he simply said, noticing Quon moving up towards him, as if to see if he was alright.

“I’m fine...don’t worry about me.” Jet simply said, waiting to see what else Kuria would do.

“...that is all for now, your go.”

~Kuria Bijorn~

Hand Size: 1

Field Spell: Clear World

Monsters: Clear Soul Dragon (ATK Position)

Other Spells/Traps: Clear Wall, Attribute Chameleon

Graveyard: Clear Whelp, Clear Rage Golem

Life Points: 7500

fFBhNoG.png

"I can do no more. Let's see what this child's capable of..."

"Not a second too early," Aika commented, pulling the second of two rubber boots over her foot. Clad in waterproof yellow from head to toe, Aika re-attached her Duel Disk and commenced her turn. "My turn! Draw!" Aika drew her starting hand and the extra card for her turn, and looked the stuff over before nodding to herself. Not the perfect start, but this would do just fine. "First, I'll normal summon Stormlet Magnapuddle! When summoned to the field, it gains a Storm Counter, and it gains 100 ATK and DEF fer each level it's got, plus a level for each Storm Counter!" As Aika set the first card down, a tiny puddle of liquid sparking with electricity formed before her, and only a moment later it grew just a little bit. Aika then set down another card as she set her play into motion.

"Next, I activate High Pressure Stormlet Cell and use its effect! Once per turn, I can take one o' my monsters an' one o' yers, then destroy mine and return yer monster to the deck! That there Gustav's gotta go!" A bolt of lightning crashed down from above, shattering the puddle in front of Aika and creating a blast of intense wind that blew straight into the imposing xyz monster. "Then, because Magnapuddle was destroyed, I can activate its effect an' summon a level one tuner from the deck! I summon Stormlet Staticmist in defense position, which, like Magnapuddle, comes in with a Storm Counter and gains 100 ATK and DEF times its level, an' gains one level per Storm Counter!" In front of Aika, a small cloud of buzzing, seemingly electric mist formed, growing in a similar manner to the puddle that had come before it once it appeared. "I set one card an' end my turn!"

Aika then reached into the bag at her side, pulling forth a second raincoat - longer than the one she was wearing and clearly of a larger size - and extending it toward her partner. "This here's fer you, pardner, unless ya like gettin' wet."

[spoiler=Aika stats]Life Points: 8000

Hand size: 3

Monsters: Stormlet Staticmist (1 Storm Counter; Level 2, WATER, Thunder/Tuner/Effect, 200/200, DEF position)

S/Ts: High Pressure Stormlet Cell, 1 face-down card

Graveyard: Stormlet Magnapuddle

[spoiler=Customs Used]Stormlet Magnapuddle
Level 1 | WATER | Thunder/Effect | ? ATK / ? DEF
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x100. If this card is Summoned, and during your Standby Phase: Place 1 Storm Counter on this card. Increase this monster's Level by 1 for each Storm Counter on it. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 1 Tuner monster from your deck.

High Pressure Stormlet Cell
Continuous Spell
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Stormlet" monster you control, and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy the target you control, and if you do, shuffle the target your opponent controls into the deck.

Stormlet Staticmist
Level 1 | WATER | Thunder/Tuner/Effect | ? ATK / ? DEF
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x100. If this card is Summoned, and during your Standby Phase: Place 1 Storm Counter on this card. Increase this card's Level by 1 for each Storm Counter on it. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 2 "Stormlet" monster from your deck.

Tycho didn't stop running, pelting down the hall, adjusting his course to follow Helena's lead. He didn't know how she could have a single idea where the generators were, but he didn't have much of one either. Might as well follow her lead.

"How long do you think you can hold her off for?" he asked, his voice starting to get a little stretched and pained from all the running. He heard rather than saw Shadoll Dragon render the Swords useless, and grit his teeth. Clearly this woman was of some skill. 

He was shocked when he came to the last door in the hallway, bashing it aside to find the generators. He practically threw Helena down, slamming the door behind him and hurriedly fumbling the lock closed. He turned his head over his shoulder, yelling "GO!" almost directly behind her, making his way to what looked like a passageway. He held up before diving in, making sure she went through first, then dived in himself, hurriedly turning back to try and close up the passage any way he could.

- - - - - - -

"I'm prepared for a challenge, alright," Hibiki called across the warehouse to Furiko, lazily raising up his Duel Disk in front of him as he drew five cards. "I'm ready for a challenge from the Duel King," he went on, pointing at the crate Kyouji was stuck behind. "Not from you. DUEL!"

He watched Furiko take her turn, eyes locked on her, only flicking away whenever a card appeared on her field, taking it in calmly, unperterbed. "Ah, Pendulum user, eh?" he asked, smirking as a pathetically narrow Pendulum Scale was set. "I've seen many of your sort before... Let's see if you're any better than they were, eh?"

He didn't seem worried at all about the 2800 ATK monster Furiko had played in a single turn, but his eyebrow did quirk up when Odd-Eyes was destroyed. "Ah, I see," he said to himself, retreating into his mind to consider what had just happened.

Odd-Eyes is a Level 7 monster, and the monster she added with its effect has a Pendulum Scale of 8... So she intends to have TWO powerful monsters on the field at once, does she? He considered this further. The strongest monster in my hand has nowhere near that power. And her Odd-Eyes has an effect that inflicts doubled battle damage...

"Draw," he said, pulling a card from his deck, turning it over to look at it. He inwardly chuckled. How perfect...

"I summon Reptilliane Euryale, attack mode," he declared, tossing the card onto the disk with a whirr of electronics. The monster rose up from the shadows behind Hibiki, slithering out, a feral-looking gorgon with green skin and flaming red eyes, long fangs bared as she let out a bone-wrattling hiss that coincided with those of the snakes that formed her hair, a long, serpentine body slithering out behind her.

Reptilliane Euryale

Level 4, DARK, 1000/1900

"Huh?" asked Furiko, taking a step back, a little surprised. "Attack power 1000?"

Hibiki raised a finger, wagging it as he chuckled. "Patience, girlie. Activate Continuous Magic: Reptilliane Curse." As he played the card in his Duel Disk, the ground underneath Furiko glowed red, a circle forming around her with a pattern of a pentagram, traced out in the shape of coiling snakes.

"What does this do?" Furiko asked, looking over the swirling runes around the border.

"Retilliane Curse inflicts 400 points of damage to you whenever the attack power of your monsters is decreased," Hibiki explained, his smile still on his face as Furiko's eyes dawned with realization. "That's right; Your Timesword Magician isn't going to be powerful for long. Battle! Reptilliane Euryale, attack Timesword Magician!"

Euryale sprung forth, slinking along the ground. Furiko's monster swung her sword blade, trying to decapitate Euryale, but it just dogdged, grabbing hold of Timesword's arm with one clawed hand, slashing its body through the air to coil around the monster, before sinking its fangs into her neck.

"What are you doing?!" Furiko yelled, taken aback and horrified at the sight of her monster paling and twitching in Euryale's grip.

"Any monster Euryale attacks has its attack power reduced to zero for the duration of the battle. Don't worry, Euryale can't destroy it." Timesword started to glow red in Euryale's grip, and the circle underneath Furiko suddenly glowed brighter, pulsing red. Hibiki laughed. "Heh! With the reducing of your monster's attack, you'll take damage... I hope you can take real damage with more grace than those other Cradle wimps can."

"Real damage? What?"

"Oh?" asked Hibiki, tilting his head. "You haven't heard about us Psychic Duelists, then? You're a very uninformed litle girlie."

Furiko took a step forward, fist raised. "Hey, psychic duelists aren't real, you're just trying to scare-"

As she spoke, the snakes that formed the circle suddenly spasmed to life, and one jumped up, latching on to her arm. A split second later, twelve more were latched on to various parts of Furiko's body, and then even more as she glowed red, back arching as she screamed in pain.

"I don't have to lie to scare you," Hibiki chuckled. "Take 400 points of damage!"

Furiko- 8000 > 7600

"But I'm not done!" Hibiki declared as the snakes pulled back, snapping into the fading circle, waiting to strike again. "You still haven't taken the force of Euryale! Even though she can't destroy monsters in battle when using her effect, she still inflicts damage, and without your Timesword's attack points it's as good as a direct attack! Euryale!"

Euryale released her hold on Timesword, the monster falling to the ground in a heap as she slithered to Furiko, who was on shaky legs, hunched over and gasping for breath. She looked up into the pitiless eyes of Euryale, and then quick as a flash, fang were in her neck.

Furiko- 7600 > 6600

"I place two cards face-down," Hibiki sneered, heedless of the blood-curdling scream Furiko was unleashing. Timesword pulled herself to her feet,leaning on her sword. "Timesword's Attack power returns to its original 1400 during my End Phase... Turn end."

He laughed, holding a hand out to Furiko. "You're up, girlie... Or have you had enough of the Psychic Duelist's bite? Am I too much 'challenge' for you? You WEAKLING."

Hibiki- 8000

Hand 3

Field- Reptillianne Euryale (1000/1900), Reptillianne Curse, 2 set cards

Helena could only watch from atop tycho's shoulder as her swords of burning light were effortlessly destroyed. On the plus side, she managed to buy tycho and her a few seconds to get further away. Tycho managed to make it to the back of the building, a generator room. He dropped helena down causing her to fall on her rear and locked the door behind them. "I'm afraid thats not going to help..." she said as she dusted herself off.

Helena could've ran by herself, she didn't need to be carried damsel in distress style by tycho, but it didn't really matter at that point in time. In any case, a locked door isn't going to stop a psychic duelist, which is why two cards in Helena's hand caught her attention. "Tycho hang on... This has to stop her for a bit, or at least waste her cards..."

Helena placed the cards on her duel disc. "I summon Pandaborg and equip it with Psychic Blade!" A robotic monster in the guise of a panda appeared before the locked door and in its claws it wielded a large glowing green blade. "Those burning swords were already pushing me a bit... After this i can't do anything else, if i do i'll..." Helena shook the idea out of her head. "Pandaborg, if that psychic duelist breaks through that door, destroy her monster." she gave the order to Pandaborg and quickly turned around and retreated into the open passageway with tycho right behind her. Helena's head was pounding at this point but nothing she couldn't handle.

VRORF8m.png

"Hmm..." Saori hummed in thought as the abrasive man and the young child continued to run away from her, 'Where are they going?'

Consumed by curiosity at this point, she ran after the duo as well, but as the door was closed on her, she could hear a distinct lock on the other side. She knew for a fact that she wasn't strong enough to break the door, but thankfully, she still had several of her Shaddolls to do that job for her. She specifically gestured for Shaddoll Construct, who effortlessly kicked the door open with her sheer might. Sure enough, those two were still running.

"You two are soooooo rude! Here I am just trying to have a nice conversation, and you think to lock the door on-...?" it was then that she noticed the Pandaborg rushing her, in which she just openly sighed, "Sssiiiiiiiiiiiigh! I activate Shaddoll Trick Switch, allowing me to summon a Shaddoll monster from my Graveyard in face-down Defense Mode, in exchange for sending another Shaddoll monster I control straight to the Graveyard, and I choose to revive Shaddoll Dragon, trading it for Shaddoll Construct which in turn causes a replay. Oh, when I send Shaddoll Construct to the Graveyard by a card effect, I can target a monster you control and use that target as Fusion Material for an El-Shaddoll monster. If you can't guess my target, then you officially fail at life. Finally, I activate El Shaddoll Fusion, and fuse Pandaborg and Shaddoll Beast together to Fusion Summon El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis in Attack Mode! And with Beast send to the Graveyard, I draw a card."

Normally Saori would grin very smugly as she effortlessly rendered the girl's monster as fodder for her own Fusion Summon, but this time, her not being in the mood for this farce could be read all over her face. She continued her advance nonetheless, with a new monster on her side.

"Seriously now, what the hell's wrong with you two?" she asked spitefully.

Archived