The Great YCM Idol Festival (finished)

Chiri Tsukikawa

FChTHF3.png NOMINATION STATUS: CLOSED

[spoiler=Rules]1. You're allowed to nominate 1 unit of 2 and 1 unit of 3, however, the max slots to fill are 8 units of 2 and 10 units of 3. What this means is, you need to nominate your idols in groups. If you're the 9th person to nominate, you need to pick 2 units of 3.

If after a week from now, we don't have the required numbers, everyone is allowed 2 more units, until we do (whether you pick a unit of 2 or 3 is first come first serve). There's no longer any first come first serve, except for the last trio unit (those that didn't pick a duo get priority to pick 2 more trios if they want, but they can't pick 3 more units).

Also, your idols must have had performances in both the unit you pick and solo. Idols with more songs probably will have an advantage, but as long as they fit the requirements, you're allowed to pick ones that have only had one solo.

a. You can pick idols from anything (whether it's a game or anime) that has idols and videos on YouTube. This is important because you won't be voting for who you like better, but the performance (song if there isn't one, or if there isn't a video of the particular performance) you like better.

b. I felt this should be in rules instead of Match Format because of how important it is (I'm also putting it under 2 because it relates to something already in 2).

Each person participating (nominators) will send me, by PM, the song they want used in the next round (you'd be like their manager) after every match involving their nominations (for the first round, you can send them when they're nominated) and I post the next round when I have all songs.

This means if you choose to take part, you cannot forget. If you do (or if you can't get on YCM during that time), you will have up to 3 days to decide and send it to me before I find something and choose that. You may have a little bit longer if your idol isn't up in the beginning of the round, but I'll decide if you still haven't by the time your idol is supposed to take the stage.

3. Idols can only be nominated once. If someone else nominates anyone you want, then you'll have to nominate someone else.

4. You can change your nomination once, but you must announce the changes in another post.
I strongly suggest you think your nomination pool through the first time around.

5. Remain civil while voting in the threads.
This means no bashing members or coercing them to change their votes.
You can say things about the idols themselves, but nothing related to any members who vote for them.

6. No using alternate accounts to vote.
I may not be a mod, but I can easily ask one to run an IP check if I smell something fishy going on.
If it turns out you have indeed been using alts to make illegitimate votes, your votes will be discounted for the remainder of the tournament.
Seriously though, just play fair.

We all want our nominations to win, but you can't always get what you want.

7. Normal YCM rules apply.

8. Have fun.

[spoiler=Match Format]Round 1 would be 18 units (8 of 2 and 10 of 3): 9 units would move on and one from each losing unit would move on, giving us a good 32 for round 2 (when you vote you first pick which group you want and I guess this round is a little based on popularity because you'd also need to pick one from each group you'd like to go on if their group loses).

Matches will all be 1v1 (except for when there are ties) starting in the second round.

All matches will be determined by RANDOM.org.

Matches will be open for 2 days before being locked. You have the right to remind me if I forget or haven't made it online at the time (if you do and you're able to provide a screenshot of the poll, it would be greatly appreciated if you did), which will hopefully be not very often.

All matches will end at 11:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00) so consistency is retained.

There will be a poll that you can cast your votes in; final scores will be determined from the poll results.
However, you are encouraged to write your vote in a reply as well; if you choose.

(Please make sure you write a complete sentence if you opt to post in the thread.)

All matches will have public voting enabled; this helps with seeing if we indeed get multi-accounts voting for a particular entry.
----
I will not be flipping coins to determine a tiebreaker. If we end up getting tied matches, then all idols in question will move on. Do not worry if your vote will trigger a tied match; vote the way you wish.

Notice I said, "all idols," not "all units." If a match with units is tied, it will go on until the tie is broken. There can however be ties in round 1, but only for the loser's second chance.

[spoiler=Managers and their idols]Lord CowCow | Idols:

Rin Hoshizora, Umi Sonoda, Nozomi Toujou (Lily White)

Hibiki Ganaha, Miki Hoshii

Riina Tada, Miku Maekawa (* (Asterisk))

Iori Minase, Ami Futami, Azusa Miura (Ryuuguu Komachi)

Mirei | Idols:

Laala Manaka, Mirei Minami, Sophie Houjou (SoLaMi♡SMILE)

Mizuki Kanzaki, Mikuru Natsuki (WM)

Aroma Kurosu, Mikan Shiratama (Aromageddon)

Takane Shijou, Yayoi Takatsuki

Rodrigo | Idols:

Eli Ayase, Nico Yazawa, Maki Nishikino (BiBi)

Rin Shibuya, Uzuki Shimamura, Mio Honda (New Generations)

Chihaya Kisaragi, Mami Futami, Yukiho Hagiwara

Nico | Idols:

Akari Ōzora, Sumire Hikami, Hinaki Shinjō (Luminas)

Ichigo Hoshimiya, Seira Otoshiro (2wingS)

Juri Kurebayashi, Rin Kurosawa, Madoka Amahane (Vanilla Chili Pepper)

Yume Nijino, Hime Shiratori

Azure Wolf | Idols:

Honoka Kousaka, Kotori Minami, Hanayo Koizumi (Printemps)

Haruka Amami, Makoto Kikuchi, Ritsuko Akizuki

Ran Shibuki, Sora Kazesawa

[spoiler=Matches]Round 1

D-1 Hibiki Ganaha & Miki Hoshii

vs. Takane Shijou & Yayoi Takatsuki

D-2 Ichigo Hoshimiya & Seira Otoshiro

vs. Ran Shibuki & Sora Kazesawa

D-3 Aroma Kurosu & Mikan Shiratama

vs. Riina Tada & Miku Maekawa

D-4 Yume Nijino & Hime Shiratori

vs. Mizuki Kanzaki & Mikuru Natsuki

T-1 Rin Hoshizora, Umi Sonoda, & Nozomi Toujou

vs. Madoka Amahane, Juri Kurebayashi, & Rin Kurosawa

T-2 Haruka Amami, Makoto Kikuchi, & Ritsuko Akizuki

vs. Rin Shibuya, Uzuki Shimamura, & Mio Honda

T-3 Eli Ayase, Nico Yazawa, & Maki Nishikino

vs. Honoka Kousaka, Kotori Minami, & Hanayo Koizumi

T-4 Laala Manaka, Mirei Minami, Sophie Houjou

vs. Akari Ōzora, Sumire Hikami, & Hinaki Shinjō

T-5 Iori Minase, Ami Futami, & Azusa Miura

vs. Chihaya Kisaragi, Mami Futami, Yukiho Hagiwara

Round 2

2-1 Hime Shiratori vs. Umi Sonoda

2-2 Riina Tada vs. Juri Kurebayashi

2-3 Ichigo Hoshimiya vs. Rin Hoshizora

2-4 Ami Futami vs. Mirei Minami

2-5 Makoto Kikuchi vs. Mikuru Natsuki

2-6 Iori Minase vs. Mio Honda

2-7 Honoka Kousaka vs. Miki Hoshii vs. Sumire Hikami

2-8 Eli Ayase vs. Seira Otoshiro

2-9 Yume Nijino vs. Azusa Miura

2-10 Yukiho Hagiwara vs. Uzuki Shimamura

2-11 Nico Yazawa vs. Laala Manaka

2-12 Sophie Houjou vs. Nozomi Toujou

2-13 Mikan Shiratama vs. Ran Shibuki

2-14 Aroma Kurosu vs. Maki Nishikino

2-15 Rin Kurosawa vs. Takane Shijou

2-16 Hibiki Ganaha vs. Rin Shibuya

Round 3

3-1 Honoka Kousaka vs. Juri Kurebayashi

3-2 Rin Kurosawa vs. Rin Shibuya

3-3 Maki Nishikino vs. Yukiho Hagiwara

3-4 Eli Ayase vs. Umi Sonoda

3-5 Rin Hoshizora vs. Laala Manaka

3-6 Ran Shibuki vs. Iori Minase

3-7 Sophie Houjou vs. Mirei Minami

3-8 Azusa Miura vs. Makoto Kikuchi

Round 4

4-1 Azusa Miura vs. Yukiho Hagiwara

4-2 Sophie Houjou vs. Eli Ayase

4-3 Rin Hoshizora vs. Rin Kurosawa

4-4 Juri Kurebayashi vs. Iori Minase

Semi-finals

Mai idorus are:

Ayase Eli, Yazawa Nico and Minami Kotori from Love Live

Super Sonico and Watanuki Fuuri from SoniAni

I hope you can find something on YouTube with just Eli, Nico, and Kotori because I can't. Same with the other thing (not that I can't find on YouTube, I haven't looked because I just can't find any information on whether there's even duos in it at all), but I'll believe you know what you're doing, since after all, no one said they didn't understand when I explained this in planning.

Now I just have to go with 2wingS for the 2 idol unit, or else no Seira... so Hoshimiya Ichigo & Otoshiro Seira

Well, no one's posted yet, so I have to wonder if I'd technically be allowed a second change that I probably won't bother with but...

Luminas! Ōzora Akari, Hikami Sumire & Shinjō Hinaki

I hope you can find something on YouTube with just Eli, Nico, and Kotori because I can't. Same with the other thing (not that I can't find on YouTube, I haven't looked because I just can't find any information on whether there's even duos in it at all), but I'll believe you know what you're doing, since after all, no one said they didn't understand when I explained this in planning.

It's not like I didn't understand the rules, but I didn't think I necessarily had to find a video with exactly the 3 idols I nominated. I thought a video of the full Muse's would suffice =o

It's not like I didn't understand the rules, but I didn't think I necessarily had to find a video with exactly the 3 idols I nominated. I thought a video of the full Muse's would suffice =o

Well, it won't. =)

And I should probably make sure, are there any solo songs with Fuuri? Even if I did allow ones with more than 2 or 3 people just so someone that otherwise couldn't can be in this, they'd get disqualified after round one without any solos.

Since this is YCM

ThousandEyesIdol-RP02-EN-C-UE.png

I nominate my good friend Thousand-Eyes Idol

Maybe I should have specified what kind of idol, but I did specify they need to have at least one group performance and solo performance (song if there isn't one) and I'm pri sure Thousand-Eyes Idol hasn't performed any songs.

You could replace Kotori with Maki

cause

http://llsif.wikia.com/wiki/Category:BiBi

This is a good idea. I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but I was thinking of picking the unit with Kotori if not enough people nominate (validly), or just Kotori and Hanayo if all the 3s get picked (maybe just them anyway, since it's apparently harder to find duets, so others don't need to find them).

EDIT: Alternately, if you cannot find any solos, you can always change that to Kotori and Hanayo and Kotori to Maki. If you want.

Mai idorus are:

Ayase Eli, Yazawa Nico and Minami Kotori from Love Live

Super Sonico and Watanuki Fuuri from SoniAni

And I should probably make sure, are there any solo songs with Fuuri? Even if I did allow ones with more than 2 or 3 people just so someone that otherwise couldn't can be in this, they'd get disqualified after round one without any solos.

As it's been 24 hours, I'll say this.

Since it's important you answer this, with me not knowing anything about Super Sonico, you need to do so if you want the characters you nominated to be in. Otherwise, I might take it that you don't. I looked on the Wiki and even tried Googling it myself, and the only solos I could find were Super Sonico's herself.

But you, having nominated them, must know more than I do.

It has been a week, so like mentioned in both the OP and my status, everyone gets more nominations. There will be differences than what's said in the OP (which I will update soon).

The differences are that we each get 2 units more because we didn't get at least 6 people and every one of us needs to pick 2 more (unless you wish to hand your remaining nominations over to someone else, but if more than one person does they can't give them to the same person). Also, I said it would be first come first serve, but I should probably give priority of the trio units to the people that couldn't pick a duo (so I am doing that).

Having a hard decision narrowing my 2 more duos down from 3, tho. Guess I'll get back to it after someone else picks more.

Mine shall be,

Aroma and Mikan (Aromageddon)

Ohimechin (Takane) and Yayoicchi (Yayoi)

Also, I realize it'll be hard to decide because there's nothing else some of else know anything about, but we all need to pick 2 more, so to help out:

http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE_iDOLM@STER:_Cinderella_Girls#Official_In_Game_Units

http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE_iDOLM@STER_Cinderella_Girls:_Starlight_Stage#Units

http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE_iDOLM@STER:_Cinderella_Girls_(anime)#Units

I should probably check if solos can be found of all of those.

The idols left from the original iDOLM@STER are:

Haruka, Chihaya, Yukiho, Ritsuko, Makoto, Mami.

And units left are 4 trios and 2 duos.

Haruka, Chihaya, Yukiho, Ritsuko, Makoto, Mami.

Well, I would totally some of those, but with the limited amount of time to get into another thing, I think I'm going to have to

Kurosawa Rin & Amahane Madoka (I don't even understand how duos or trios even matter when you get down to it, if the winning units and 1 from each losing unit move on, there's no way to know for sure how many idolshits are even moving on, there's no guarantee 32 or whatever number with what I'm seeing in the OP, but alright)

and marathon the Stars episodes I have to catch up on tomorrow, I'll see you and decide then.

The audio for Stars stuff is not actually that bad right? A decent amount of it, I mean. Then if I were to do Hime's solo, there's only a smaller part of the video that actually shows the performance, but it doesn't look as bad as some things, at least with HD on fullscreen. Of course if she even gets that far. So could I use Nijino Yume and Shiratori HIme?

Also, OP still doesn't say what you told me about unit matches not being completely random. 

Also, OP still doesn't say what you told me about unit matches not being completely random. 

Well, the fact is, shhh...

Also, no Ran-tan? What's a matter for you?

And yes to that question I didn't quote, if you want to.

Anyway, this is a reminder that we need 4 more trios and if they aren't all picked by Sunday, I give permission to Nico-butthead to change one of his units to the second trio he was going to pick.

And this may come as shocking (obviously not, since I made this whole thing dumb and it should have just been like the usual tournaments or not happening at all), but I was checking around and there definitely aren't solos on YouTube for every Cinderella Girls unit. I think we're just going to go with New Generations, Vanilla Chili Pepper, and 2 more trios made from OG iDOLM@STER idols + a duo (which is much easier for me to find than trios, strangely enough). That is, if nothing else can be found by Sunday.

Because it's now Sunday where I am and we need to get this started if it is going to get started,

Nico gets Vanilla Chili Pepper (what he wanted before I said to pick a duo) and the Aikatsu! Stars duo he mentioned,

Rodrigo gets New Generations (trio) and Chihaya, Mami, & Yukiho

Azure Wolf gets Ran Shibuki & Sora Kazesawa (duo) and Haruka, Makoto & Ritsuko

This isn't out of nowhere. I made several posts asking for the rest of them to be picked and sent a PM to everyone participating to make sure they check so they can do what they needed to do. Now that it's been 2 weeks I thought it best to decide for the rest, but they will be their idols (meaning they have to send me videos of them), not mine, to make it more fair (as then they'd have closer to the number that the others have).

Everyone has 3 days from now to send in the videos for the units they have yet to send in (Ran and Sora excepted, because there's only one possible song and that's a fact imo).

EDIT: I have all of the duos' videos for round 1, but I'm waiting one more day so when their matches are over I can post the trios' matches even if I didn't get all of them (it will have been 3 days then).

EDIT 2: [spoiler=Randomizations (don't open if you don't want to be spoiled)][spoiler=Duos]0ecdd8b89b39866906d97c28408a31cf.png

[spoiler=Trios]ab332721c53cc0dce0e595ee7898685b.png

EDIT 3: [spoiler=Randomization for round 2]862faa663b833231ccc0b984233254fe.png

EDIT 4: [spoiler=Randomization for round 3]e78a27720bff52a066276a68864617cd.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say "Might as well"

Then I guess I "might as well." :)

I'm actually curious as to the current amount of idols each person still has.

At the start of round 3 it was this,

Darling (Cow): 4

Rodrigo: 4

Mirei: 3

Ruby: 2

Kotori: 3

And currently (after half of the round) it's this,

Darling (Cow): 3

Rodrigo: 2

Mirei: 3

Ruby: 2

Kotori: 2

EDIT: [spoiler=Randomization for round 4]b698e326a99de475c8f78bca29dc5bf8.png

EDIT 2: [spoiler=Randomization for round 5 / the semi-finals]e1d423a41cf05dc4ce91ab44f329e7d2.gif

Archived