Solar Origin Dragon (The Beginning of the (Thunder) End)

Black D'Sceptyr

solar_origin_dragon_by_bdsceptyr-daf95uu

[spoiler=Solar Origin Dragon: Errata ]

DARK/Dragon-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 10/2800 ATK/2400 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 Normal Dragon-Type monster you control as a Tuner. When this card that was Synchro Summoned by using a Normal Monster as a Material leaves the field, except by its own effect, banish all Effect Monsters on the field. During either player's Main Phase, while you control this Synchro Summoned card: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 10 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, but destroy it during the end of the turn player's next turn.

Felt Thunder End could have been so much more to the Blue-Eyes race-may well be if they take out the other 10,000 field nukes (coughRaigekicough) that currently haunt this format. So I figured, lets see if Red-Eyes can have a similar hand, without it being directly related to them. So it has Darkness Metal's stats-the highest of any Main Deck Red-Eyes (in original ATK, folks, Red-Eyes Darkness can get hella big if you can Summon it (seriously, that shoulda been able to be Summoned by the same method Blue-Eyes Alternate White did).)

(also, like Thunder End, this monster's Summoning conditions promote-instead of demand-Normal Monster play.)

ALSO, originally, this was able to bring out Synchros too. But for two reasons, I decided to drop that policy, because 1) The Notorious Nyx covered that alley better than I ever could, and 2) because bringing out Fusions gels well with the Red-Eyes strategy. Inquire abusable possibilities at will. 3) involves the horror of this being with Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss what Tellarknight Ptolemaeus was to CyDra Infinity. Also, my cripping inability to keep to a list limit, but you knew that.

-anyways, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance. 

BDS, signing off.

I'm not sure what Normal monster you intend on using for this Summon. Galaxy Serpent?

Also, I like the following effect; mass banishment. While powerful, it has some requirements that I'd say keep it in check.

As for the last effect:

There aren't any Level 10 you could Special Summon.

What you can:

B. Skull Dragon

Archfiend Black Skull Dragon

Superalloy Beast Raptinus

Falling Meteor Black Dragon

Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon

King Dragun

So you have a good number of options to choose from.

And yeah; Fusion and Synchro would be too much for that last effect.

1) The Notorious Nyx covered that alley better than I ever could

Heheh.

I'm not sure what Normal monster you intend on using for this Summon. Galaxy Serpent?

Also, I like the following effect; mass banishment. While powerful, it has some requirements that I'd say keep it in check.

As for the last effect:

There aren't any Level 10 you could Special Summon.

What you can:

B. Skull Dragon

Archfiend Black Skull Dragon

Superalloy Beast Raptinus

Falling Meteor Black Dragon

Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon

King Dragun

So you have a good number of options to choose from.

And yeah; Fusion and Synchro would be too much for that last effect.

Heheh.

That Normal Monster requirement can be fulfilled with ANY of the Red-Eyes Geminis, which is what this card indirectly supports, like Thunder End Dragon indirectly supported Blue Eyes.

Maybe I rip out that Level requirement-right now, the only monster Solar Origin wouldn't bring out  in this category would be F.G.D., and even that's able to be worked around.  Also don't be shy on that Summoning requirement Notorious N.Y.X.**, either-First of the Dragons, Starve Venom and those two new Odd-Eyes Fusions (Claw and Brave) are also legit targets too*.

*-yeah, also you can't bring out Vortex with this. It's WIND. This only brings out DARK Dragon-Type Fusions.

**-also, I'm'll need a good reason NOT to use this nickname in reverence to ya, it's awesome.

That Normal Monster requirement can be fulfilled with ANY of the Red-Eyes Geminis, which is what this card indirectly supports, like Thunder End Dragon indirectly supported Blue Eyes.

Maybe I rip out that Level requirement-right now, the only monster Solar Origin wouldn't bring out  in this category would be F.G.D., and even that's able to be worked around.  Also don't be shy on that Summoning requirement Notorious N.Y.X.**, either-First of the Dragons, Starve Venom and those two new Odd-Eyes Fusions (Claw and Brave) are also legit targets too*.

*-yeah, also you can't bring out Vortex with this. It's WIND. This only brings out DARK Dragon-Type Fusions.

**-also, I'm'll need a good reason NOT to use this nickname in reverence to ya, it's awesome.

First of the Dragons can't be Summoned by this effect, as it's not treated as Fusion Summon; and Fusion Summon being the only way it can be Special Summoned.

Sure, Starve Venom; just so long as you don't mind the first effect.

Those Odd-Eyes monsters have requirements to meet their full potential.

Oh no; I'm not saying not to use that name.

Archived