[Written] Dark Magician Fusion Support (5 Cards)

leafbladie

So, I really like the idea that Konami went for in making Dark Magician a control archetype, it really fits well with the idea of Dark Magician. Unfortunately it isn't as consistent as Blue-Eyes, as they run very Spell heavy decks. They also lack any power output, with Amulet Dragon possibly being able to get to 4k, and Dark Paladin in the Blue-Eyes match-up. Looking at some of the old monsters gave me ideas for good retrains that'd allow more usage out of the Eye of Timaeus, and I thought I'd share them here. Also, as I side note, decided to keep "Knight's Legacy" generic, in the possibility I might use it for future cards, and since it helped take down a giant Dragon, I thought it'd be a good idea to make it able to slay dragons too.

Sorcerer of Dark Illusion

Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 9/ATK 3200/DEF 2800 (Fusion)

"Dark Magician" + "Dark Magician Girl"

Unaffected by Trap effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the effects of a face-up Trap Card, and shuffle it into the Deck.

Ebon Sage

Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 9/ATK 2800/DEF 3200 (Fusion)

"Dark Magician" + "Time Wizard"

When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Dark Sage" once per turn. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can activate a Quick-Play Spell Card or a Trap Card from your hand.

Illusion Knight

Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 8/ATK 2800/DEF 2000 (Fusion)

"Dark Magician" + "Flame Swordsman"

During damage calculation only, this card gains ATK equal to the current ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards of effects until the end of Damage Step. During the End Phase of a turn this card attacked or was attacked: Banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.

Dark Magician Knight, the Dragon Destroyer

Warrior-Type/DARK/Level 7/ATK 2500/DEF 2100 (Fusion)

This card's name becomes "Dark Magician" while it is on the field. Must be Special Summoned with "Knight's Legacy" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy 1 other card on the field, and if it was a monster, then this card gains ATK equal to half of the original ATK of the destroyed monster. Unaffected by Dragon-Type monsters' effect. This card can attack all Dragon-Type monsters your opponent controls, once each.

Knight's Legacy

Quick-Play Spell Card

Tribute 1 non-Gemini, Normal Monster; Special Summon 1 "Knight" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck, with the same Attribute, Level, and ATK/DEF. If you control a Warrior-Type monster: Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Knight's Legacy" once per turn.

Edited Dark Magician Knight, the Dragon Destroyer so that it won't cause you to be only able to run 2 Dark Magicians in your main deck, changed Knight's Legacy to recognize this, and edited Sorcerer of Dark Illusion so that it's a Fusion monster too, and able to actually prevent Eternal Soul from nuking your field. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am not liking the last 2 cards all too much, considering the banish effect of the last card is too powerful and generic, while both do not fit into a Dark Magician deck, considering Timaeus is already reliant enough on everything already working. As for the others I like all of them, considering Dark Magician decks have the Extra Deck space for them and they are well balanced for what their original forms are supposed to do.

I am not liking the last 2 cards all too much, considering the banish effect of the last card is too powerful and generic, while both do not fit into a Dark Magician deck, considering Timaeus is already reliant enough on everything already working. As for the others I like all of them, considering Dark Magician decks have the Extra Deck space for them and they are well balanced for what their original forms are supposed to do.

I was wondering why you were saying Knight's Legacy was so strong, and then I realized I accidentally put 2 instead of 1 for Warrior-Type monsters added to the hand. Sorry about that, it's fixed. Anyway, Dark Magician decks do run Prisma, so it's justified in that sense, because Prisma is a Warrior-Type. Also that effect on banish can't be used the same turn it's sent to the Graveyard, so even if you ran it in a mill deck, which you'd need to do to get the damn thing out, I think it's fine. Adding something next turn usually just isn't quick enough anymore.

Archived