Wind-Up Magician

Unlimited
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Allure of Darkness
Gold Sarcophagus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monarchs are dead, Performapal Magicians are dead. Kozmo and BA are still the top, as if they never have been. The Dante Cir loop is still pretty easy, and one dark destroyer is easy to recycle.

And of course they thought it was a great idea to put a floodgate, easily sniped by Twin Twisters/MST and unable to be used as a quick-play, mediating a good deal of swarm decks, as if OTKs were fun to play against.

Loving the two Wind-Up Magician and Allure of Darkness, though. Not so much the 2 Maxx "C", because pretty much nobody was using that card in the first place.

They need to hit Kozmo harder. I say go the extra inch and ban Dark Destroyer, and probably Tincan, while you're at it. The Deck can't lose, even though it deserves to.

Oh yeah, they also did nothing about Blue-Eyes, which is now Tier 1 next to Kozmo and BAs. Still hate how they just hit the decks that people happen to be playing cause they exist and continue to powercreep the game to the point where OTKs become requirements.

I'm really close to dropping this game.

Hoppy has been calling for a Maxx "C" hit forever, his day in the light has finally happened

I love a lot of this. 

Monkey needs to go, 1 card scale, no restrictions. 

Kaiser dunno why, but I'm not gonna cry a river

Cir+Beatrice so an alternate way to hit the deck instead of the OCG's Dante limit

Either+Storm is overkill, would have preferred the Domain limit of OCG. The deck is funking savaged now. Though I suppose the Erebus could keep bringing it back?

DD and Kirin - solid, the whole non-target phase this game is going through is terrible for game health 

PCall and Tele are long overdue grabs from OCG

Allure been at 3 in OCG, no big difference. Might help D/D

Gold Sarc - RB incoming

TER- Spyral?

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Banned

Performapal Monkeyboard

Is this necessary? I didn't think Dracopals needed the hit. I guess I don't care too much, but this seems pretty whatever.

Kaiser Colosseum

I like this. IDK if the cad is played much, but it IS annoying as sheet.

Limited

Cir

Maybe I won't face BA every other game now!

Either

Good

Dark Destroyer

Sure

Kirin

I wish it was banned, but this is still nice

Beatrice

Seems good

Tele

Makes sense I guess, that card does a lot nowadays

Pantheism

Thank the loooord

Pendulum Call

Is this necessary? Were Magicians really that good? I barely some anyone playing them... RIP my favorite Pendulum deck

Storm4th

Kind of annoying this hits some fun stuff that's not Monarchs, but w/e funk 'Narchs

Semi

Maxx C (HOPPPY IT'S HAPPENING)

Cool.

Rai-Oh

OK

WU Magician

Doesn't matter much, cool though

Unlimited

TER

OK

Allure

That's interesting. On one hand, I'm happy my Synchrons get a 3rd copy for a bit more draw power. On the other hand, Allure is a strong card and it seems like a bad idea to let it be at 3. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Gold Sarc 

Won't do sheet

Monarchs are dead, Performapal Magicians are dead. Kozmo and BA are still the top, as if they never have been. The Dante Cir loop is still pretty easy, and one dark destroyer is easy to recycle.

And of course they thought it was a great idea to put a floodgate, easily sniped by Twin Twisters/MST and unable to be used as a quick-play, mediating a good deal of swarm decks, as if OTKs were fun to play against.

Loving the two Wind-Up Magician and Allure of Darkness, though. Not so much the 2 Maxx "C", because pretty much nobody was using that card in the first place.

They need to hit Kozmo harder. I say go the extra inch and ban Dark Destroyer, and probably Tincan, while you're at it. The Deck can't lose, even though it deserves to.

Oh yeah, they also did nothing about Blue-Eyes, which is now Tier 1 next to Kozmo and Blue-Eyes. Still hate how they just hit the decks that people happen to be playing cause they exist and continue to powercreep the game to the point where OTKs become requirements.

I'm really close to dropping this game.

idk what's wrong with you

Kozmo were already barely "good", mostly due to tcg being slow, and now they're even worse. The deck loses to lots of things, including smart players.

Kaiser was probably based on incoming things and, like, it's not used to combat swarm. It's used to sit on a dumb boss. "But removal!"... Okay? Your point? Don't complain that dumb sheet was killed. As if not playing YGO is fun to play against.

"no one uses maxx c" lmfao

Blue-Eyes is a new deck. They're banning cards to make way for new ones. That's how it works. Not like BE is impossible to beat, either.

Kozmo were already barely "good", mostly due to tcg being slow, and now they're even worse. The deck loses to lots of things, including smart players.

Kaiser was probably based on incoming things and, like, it's not used to combat swarm. It's used to sit on a dumb boss. "But removal!"... Okay? Your point? Don't complain that dumb sheet was killed. As if not playing YGO is fun to play against.

Blue-Eyes is a new deck. They're banning cards to make way for new ones. That's how it works. Not like BE is impossible to beat, either.

Non-targeting has powercrept a lot of things that don't deserve to be crept out. It's a good thing that sheet is gone out of circulation

This is all from the Castel snowball

why does konami like bullying magicians?

So OCG hit Pals, they still topped, it's a way to make way for Metalphosis. Also part of the eradication of easy scale making cards. The deck is still quite playable if you're creative (think Sky Iris)

Non-targeting has powercrept a lot of things that don't deserve to be crept out. It's a good thing that sheet is gone out of circulation

This is all from the Castel snowball

i mean hitting tin can is a bigger hit, like e-tele

dark destroyer hit just makes the deck less powerful in terms of pushing, and was, overall, not that big a problem

you really don't know, which is why it makes no sense that you jabroni in my general direction every chance you get.

Seriously, For a mod, you're awfully sassy. No idea what I did to you, or why you feel a need to get all uppity about your opinions.

Like, I get that you disagree with me, and you may be more experienced, but that's no reason to decide there's something "wrong with me."

Maybe that's how you make friends. Maybe people like that kind of snark from someone as popular as you, but I personally find it threatening, because it's not the first time you've tried to belittle me for whatever reason.

I mean, the deck literally does everything.

- Floaters prevent you from losing resources and put excessive pressure on the opponent

- Inability to be targeted by card effects, which requires you to play outs specifically for them

- Recyclable by way of a field spell, which is searchable

- Lost of offensive presence along with a potential to run a heavy S/T lineup on a Demise variant which, when paired up with Tincan, who can bounce out and bring out a huge ship, essentially spells doom for an opponent who already went through their non-targeting, um, wherever you can get rid of Kozmo monsters that would get them away for good.

Why are they barely good? What does it lose to? If you use Kaiju, they can just flip Call of the Haunted to get back the ship. If you have floodgates, they have Sliprider, Mystical Space Typhoon, and Twin Twister.

I guess I can't really argue with this.

.......it's true. Maxx "C" has been a mediocre option for a little while now, except against maybe BA (who probably won't give a sheet about how many cards you draw anyway and just loop their sheet back and wait until you run out of resources again), because people usually Special Summon 1-3 monsters per turn, or they'll just play around your Maxx "C" because they'll know that not giving you cards would sometimes be a better option than making their plays.

Ah yes, the good old "rock paper scissors, your scissors are banned now, buy new ones."

They gotta make this shiny new deck for everybody to pick up so that they can haul in that cash.

Not to mention MUH NOSTALGIA

Blue-Eyes did not deserve any more support, nor does this new support make them balanced. Nothing is impossible to beat, but some things are difficult to beat at a point where not using them is pointless.

Like, you're literally not allowed to use anything other than Kozmo, BA, or Blue-Eyes in this meta. It's impossible, because no decks are able to keep up with the most recently powercreeped ones after they're bruised by Konami.

Blue-Eyes needs a hit. Konami needs to either fix its system or watch their game decay.

For a mod, you're awfully sassy. No idea what I did to you, or why you feel a need to get all uppity about my opinions.

Like, I get that you disagree with me, and you may be more experienced, but that's no reason to decide there's something "wrong with me."

I mean, maybe that's how you make friends. Maybe people like that kind of snark from someone as popular as you, but I personally find it threatening, because it's not the first time you've tried to belittle me for whatever reason.

You reacted with salt. Not logic, salt, and lack of understanding of the gamestate. Beign a mod doesn't mean I'm any less "Sassy" or "me", just means I'm a mod.

I'm not trying to belittle you, really. It's not a personal attack, or it would have been capitalized and been in a non-joking lower case format.

I mean, the deck literally does everything.

- Floaters prevent you from losing resources and put excessive pressure on the opponent

- Inability to be targeted by card effects, which requires you to play outs specifically for them

- Recyclable by way of a field spell, which is searchable

- Lost of offensive presence along with a potential to run a heavy S/T lineup on a Demise variant which, when paired up with Tincan, who can bounce out and bring out a huge ship, essentially spells doom for an opponent who already went through their non-targeting, um, wherever you can get rid of Kozmo monsters that would get them away for good.

Why are they barely good? What does it lose to? If you use Kaiju, they can just flip Call of the Haunted to get back the ship. If you have floodgates, they have Sliprider, Mystical Space Typhoon, and Twin Twister.

They don't do anything.

Floating means nothing when most good or decent decks can outplay it.

Non-targetting just means you get over it. Beat it, 

You just suck it up about the field spell. If you can remove it without proccing it, great... Otherwise, oh no, an extra play per turn.

you're really overselling how offensive the deck is outside of certain plays. Demise is a problem card in its own right, anyway, so... FKI is a better example, but that build is kinda naff.

The deck is so insanely normal summon reliant, that, outside of E-Tele, you can be stopped T2 for next to no effort. Even going first doesn't entirely alleviate this. It has a high ceiling, in theory, but a very poor startup.

Ignister, Crystal Wing, UtL, Abyss Dweller (supporting player) and more exist, and they greatly punish the deck. Kozmo is a deck that is highly punished by good technical play, and that's why it was only a "good" deck, instead of a stupidly dominant deck, in addition to NS Reliance.

.......it's true. Maxx "C" has been a mediocre option for a little while now, except against maybe BA (who probably won't give a sheet about how many cards you draw anyway and just loop their sheet back and wait until you run out of resources again), because people usually Special Summon 1-3 monsters per turn, or they'll just play around your Maxx "C" because they'll know that not giving you cards would sometimes be a better option than making their plays.

Gee, almost like that's the point of Maxx "C"?

You don't want to draw with it, you want to make them shut up while drawing as much as possible. If they ignore Maxx "C". you're funked.

And "for a while now" is a poor point, considering how it comes and goes constantly in terms of use. For the past 5 years. PRetty sure it's still a side staple, at that.

The semi is largely pointless, but it's a warning shot to stop using it to the degree it is, lest Konami actually kill it.

Ah yes, the good old "rock paper scissors, your scissors are banned now, buy new ones."

They gotta make this shiny new deck for everybody to pick up so that they can haul in that cash. 

Not to mention MUH NOSTALGIA

Blue-Eyes did not deserve any more support, nor does this new support make them balanced. Nothing is impossible to beat, but some things are difficult to beat at a point where not using them is pointless.

Like, you're literally not allowed to use anything other than Kozmo, BA, or Blue-Eyes in this meta. It's impossible, because no decks are able to keep up with the most recently powercreeped ones after they're bruised by Konami.

Blue-Eyes needs a hit. Konami needs to either fix its system or watch their game decay.

Quoted: Players every single banlist, about every single deck, sicne at least 2010.

Dangit... I just got a single copy of Gold Sarc for my Shiranuis a few days ago.

Aside from that, I'm actually most curious on how triple Allure is going to affect the tcg.

My little bro had the Magicians Structure deck. He's quite upset at the banning of Call.

It's weird how I expected Stormforth to be hit.

I'm assuming this is mostly because it doesn't target or anything, can come out of nowhere, and it's drawback hardy exists- Let's be honest, a lot of Decks/etc can get away with playing Stormforth, and not give a funk about the 'You cant Summon from your Extra' clause.

I'm surprised they took Colosseum straight to 0 when they have kept other floodgates such as the Drains, Macro and Fissure at 1; not giving it even a slight chance, huh.

Hits that are weighting on me the most at the moment are E-Tele and Stormforth, mainly because they are playable or splashable in other decks.  At least there is still Soul Exchange for the Tribute decks xD

yo they hit my jabroni monkeyboard like they killed harambe

But yeah, PPal is still staying strong. Out of most format changing banlists, this is a very well done one. Monarchs got nerfed hard, but it was expected considering it did very well in Nats and was virtually the #1 deck of the format. Rest in Pepperoni forever; Ehther and Stormforth hits were just right, but Pantheism however did seem like they really didn't want Monarchs to trend anymore. Oh well, they had it coming and no one should be surprised.

Speedroid PK Abyss I think are still going to stay very strong. Though, there's no doubt it's going to be hard with just one Beatrice to disrupt but there shouldn't be not a lot of problems using its abilities to the finest with Stormforth and DD at play (and if Kaijus aren't really sided in other meta decks), with the exceptions of new threats like Crystal Wing, Ignister, Spirit, and others. Not to mention the fact that a D.D Crow hit in the middle of a Dante-Cir loop can end infinitely. Despite losing some arsenal I think it can put up some strength, though we have not fully prepared for the Blue Eyes and Metalfoes matchup. Though the deck still pops up in OCG tournaments, so there's definitely room for adaptation (even though they still have 3 Beatrice).

I honestly didn't count on Kozmos getting hit. I'm sure smart players are just now starting to get over the non-targeting conditions, and know how to easily counter it, but with Monarchs out of the equation and with salt from other players, the DD and E-Tele hits were fine. Though now Kozmos can easily be more punished than before, so I guess now they can stay safe in a lower tier. 

Triple Allure and Gold Sarc can save both decks though. Kozmo can run Gold Sarcs and E-Tele and with the help up Strawman can get consistent opening DDs potentially and can be more consistent through triple Allure. Not sure if Speedroid PK Abyss players cared about Allure, hey, you can run 3 I guess if you actually cared about consistency.

Maxx "C" at 2 was a pointless hit. It was very effective this format, but it's weird considering Blue Eyes and Metalfoes have mostly inherent summons. Guess it's just a preemptive warning.

I just interpret Konami's decision to ban Kaiser Colosseum was just so that they didn't have to go out of the way to make official rulings for Stormforth or Kaijus or wanted to make an errata. Nope, banning it gets rid of all the ruling arguments all together!

I'm surprised they took Colosseum straight to 0 when they have kept other floodgates such as the Drains, Macro and Fissure at 1; not giving it even a slight chance, huh.

Hits that are weighting on me the most at the moment are E-Tele and Stormforth, mainly because they are playable or splashable in other decks.  At least there is still Soul Exchange for the Tribute decks xD

Kaiser is a 0 or 3 card, basically. Limiting it would have made it just as unplayable as ACTUALLY being banned.

Whelp.  Monarchs got slaughtered and BA nerfed again.

Both decks I use are pretty much unplayable now.  Really gotta pick up the rest of Blue-Eyes...

Maxx "C" hit seems pointless to me.  Rai-Oh is neat.  So is Kaiser.  I don't play against Kaiser very often but I do know a player at locals who runs it in practically every deck he plays.  

Kaiser is a 0 or 3 card, basically. Limiting it would have made it just as unplayable as ACTUALLY being banned.

Well, of course limiting it would have made it so unreliable that it might as well be banned. And yet, they put the other aforementioned floodgates in the banlist without placing them straight to 0, and the different treatment with this card is what caught my attention.

Archived