TCG Banlist (Aug 2016)

Where's the construct limit

:'( too soon

Hoping OCG does it

So, Kaiser Colosseum.

I get why it got hit, but what deck recently used it to warrant its hit? Who the funk actually uses the card?

There's a lock with destiny Heros

Think jackpot 7 and morphing jar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zE5uYLpNA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoppy has been calling for a Maxx "C" hit forever, his day in the light has finally happened

I literally came to this thread with the sole intention of posting this. It should be at 1, but it's about time they did something about it.

Overall, I really like this f/l list.

It seems to shake things up a bit, and while I am a bit disappointed that they didn't hit Blue-Eyes in any way, it was a bit too soon for them anyway.

I find the Allure unlimit very interesting. (Likely non-meta) decks such as Destiny Heros and Synchro Fusionist seem like they'll be able to make use of it, and I think that BA at least may be able to recover from its hits quite nicely using this.

I wish that they had hit Tincan instead of either DD or Etele to discourage the Card of Demise variant.

Finally, I really wanted a Card of Demise limit. Not only am I salty AF about it, it pisses me off people suggesting I run it in my IRL Paleozoic deck when I clearly can't afford it. It'll be the same with PoDes once Leanchoilia arrives.

I don't see why people say Monketboard has no restrictions, unless you mean SUMMONING restrictions. It says unless you have another Entermate/Peformpal, it becomes Scale 4. Its like saying General Coral is a generic Scale 8. ( Which it is, if you don't have any Spells/Traps in the Graveyard but details, details. )

And yes, I'm aware Superheavy Samurais are not on the same level.

EDIT- Forgot it also searched....Nevermind..... I'm sorry I didn't remember the full effect of  card I've never used or gone up against....

I don't see why people say Monketboard has no restrictions, unless you mean SUMMONING restrictions. It says unless you have another Entermate/Peformpal, it becomes Scale 4. Its like saying General Coral is a generic Scale 8. ( Which it is, if you don't have any Spells/Traps in the Graveyard but details, details. )

Yeh, scout = 1 card scale too, but you can't summon krirn and your mother off it. That's what makes Monkey bannable, but scout not

Because Monkey also lets you search the other Ppal, therefore the restriction is basically nonexistent.

Uh, I don't understand how that logic works if you have read Monkeyboard.

Monkeyboard searches Performapals. Then you directly say that "unless you have another Entermate/Peformpal, it becomes Scale 4". Uh, no s***, I'm searching a Performapal to make it NOT Scale 4?

Overall, I really like this f/l list.

It seems to shake things up a bit, and while I am a bit disappointed that they didn't hit Blue-Eyes in any way, it was a bit too soon for them anyway.

I find the Allure unlimit very interesting. (Likely non-meta) decks such as Destiny Heros and Synchro Fusionist seem like they'll be able to make use of it, and I think that BA at least may be able to recover from its hits quite nicely using this.

I wish that they had hit Tincan instead of either DD or Etele to discourage the Card of Demise variant.

Finally, I really wanted a Card of Demise limit. Not only am I salty AF about it, it pisses me off people suggesting I run it in my IRL Paleozoic deck when I clearly can't afford it. It'll be the same with PoDes once Leanchoilia arrives.

Blue-Eyes is their moneypot, soon to be ABC.

Allure sucks in BA because at best you trade in 1 name for 1 name (ohmygod) while at meh you draw into one of your power spells (which aren't of the same caliber as ABC or Blue-Eyes or any other relative deck). Even in BAPK you are pretty much asking to get a bad PK hand to make use of Allure efficiently, but if you draw Allure in any other situation it is extremely subpar.

Kozmo have been making little to no waves lately, but the DD hit honestly pushes them to 2015 status with a slightly better Farmgirl.

Uh, I don't understand how that logic works if you have read Monkeyboard.

Monkeyboard searches Performapals. Then you directly say that "unless you have another Entermate/Peformpal, it becomes Scale 4". Uh, no s***, I'm searching a Performapal to make it NOT Scale 4?

Blue-Eyes is their moneypot, soon to be ABC.

Allure sucks in BA because at best you trade in 1 name for 1 name (ohmygod) while at meh you draw into one of your power spells (which aren't of the same caliber as ABC or Blue-Eyes or any other relative deck). Even in BAPK you are pretty much asking to get a bad PK hand to make use of Allure efficiently, but if you draw Allure in any other situation it is extremely subpar.

Kozmo have been making little to no waves lately, but the DD hit honestly pushes them to 2015 status with a slightly better Farmgirl.

Run DDR in BA. It's about damn time that it happens

so switch trade-ins for pantheisms, i only ran one stormforth for the past few weeks because i saw it getting hit beforehand, ehther though, damn. probably just gonna put 2 vassals in it's place. we still have 3 tenacity and domain at least. monarchs got shot, but they aren't dead yet, they just need a bit more adaptation.

so switch trade-ins for pantheisms, i only ran one stormforth for the past few weeks because i saw it getting hit beforehand, ehther though, damn. probably just gonna put 2 vassals in it's place. we still have 3 tenacity and domain at least. monarchs got shot, but they aren't dead yet, they just need a bit more adaptation.

Soul Exchange ftw. Seriously though, Monarchs could still be viable-ish, but the build would have to be drastically different rather than just a couple of minor changes. I'd say a floodgate build with Majesty's and Vanity's Fiends is the most viable now.

Soul Exchange ftw. Seriously though, Monarchs could still be viable-ish, but the build would have to be drastically different rather than just a couple of minor changes. I'd say a floodgate build with Majesty's and Vanity's Fiends is the most viable now.

i hate most floodgates with a passion. (strangely enough, domain is one of the few floodgates that doesn't cause such hatred in my soul) i only have to swap out 5 cards though (turns out i had 2 stormforth in my deck at this time of speaking), i can make that work with 2 trade in, a battle fader, a vassal or two, and maybe an advance zone/prime monarch. nothing too drastic, and i'll sharpen the rest from there.

Banned 

Performapal Monkeyboard Bye.

Kaiser Colosseum So Konami heard this card shuts down their precious Pendulums and said "Okay, let's ban this completely irrelevant card because it can shut down Pendulum Decks". Oh, Konami...

Limited

Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss Get Rekt, BA.

Ehther the Heavenly Monarch Good one. Hate Monarchs.

Kozmo Dark Destroyer I don't hate this card, but it's too good to be any higher than 1.

Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin Don't play them, don't care about them, so next.

Beatrice, the Eternal Lady Oh, I remember this jabroni. Looks like my expectations for her ended up confirming themselves.

Emergency Teleport That moment you realize you remember when this card was at 3...

Pantheism of the Monarchs This should have been banned, but since Ehther was also limited, banning this would kill the Deck.

Pendulum Call I have nothing to say. I still don't know why they banned Kaiser Colosseum.

The Monarchs Stormforth Good one.

Semi

Maxx "C" Maxx "C" on the list? What? Am I dreaming?

Thunder King Rai-Oh He's not so good this format so why not to 3?

Wind-Up Magician Oh, hi there, Wind-Ups! It's been four years! Not that you'll ever be competitive again, but good to see Magician moving up a bit.

Unlimited

Thousand-Eyes Restrict Surprisingly, this card kinda sucks now.

Allure of Darkness 3 Allure is going to be intreresting.

Gold Sarcophagus Makes me wonder why they didn't unlimit this when the Dragon Rulers were banned. Honestly, they were the main thing that broke this card.

kirin being limited means its harder to run sorcerer of dark magic in my majespecter deck......now instead i have two add more of the level 7 magician pendulum normal guy.

i honestly hated kaiser colseum, im glad its gone

whats funny is how i only ran 1 pendulum call so it does nothing XD

Hmm, feels like it's been a bit since I actually paid much attention to the banlist(s). Let's see what they did. Admittedly, I'm just a touch out of date on what cards are relevant, so some of my comments might seem a bit uncertain.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Banned 
Performapal Monkeyboard - I'm guessing this got killed because of the Pendulum search effect. I can tell it's dumb as hell, though, just based on what I know about other Performapals, such as Lizardraw, Pendulum Sorc, etc. Pretty much lets you set up any Scales you want, with a default scale of 1, a search effect, and...absolutely no restriction whatsoever on what or where you can Pendulum Summon that turn. Deserved it.

Kaiser Colosseum - This was relevant?! Eh, either way, it's one of those stupid lockdown cards that is actually more unfair than some of the floodgates, because it stops the opponent from playing monsters in ANY capacity, not just one type of Summon, and the only downside to you is needing to manage your own board. Stupid card.

Limited
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss - Don't know much about Burning Abyss. But this one...ah, is a swarm enabler. Yeah, probably deserved it.
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch - Tch. Also not really knowledgable about these Monarchs, but it looks like it does some major setup and damage output.
Kozmo Dark Destroyer - Know even less about Kozmo, not even going to bother looking this one up.
Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin - Heard a lot about this one, namely how it gets put in almost every Pendulum-focused Deck.
Beatrice, the Eternal Lady - Another Burning Abyss hit.
Emergency Teleport - Aww, really? This is like...the only hit that remotely affects any of my Decks, but it only hits my RDA Resonator Deck by weakening the Risebell engine. Could be worse.
Pantheism of the Monarchs - Okay, this one I know probably deserved it. Draw power plus search power, coupled with some of the other support cards...yeah.
Pendulum Call - Deserved it, but another hit to Pendulum Magicians.
The Monarchs Stormforth - REALLY deserved it. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't searchable, and I just realized the combo it pulls off with Ehther.

Semi
Maxx "C" - This is whatever. I only HAVE 1, and I'd never run 3, since I play semi-casual but clearly, it's a Side Deck staple that needs to be trimmed.
Thunder King Rai-Oh - This went up from 1, right? Nice.
Wind-Up Magician - Yippee? 

Unlimited
Thousand-Eyes Restrict - Okay.
Allure of Darkness - Nice.
Gold Sarcophagus - ...this wasn't at 3 before?

Overall, looks like a decent enough list.

I don't play much anymore, but the hit to Monarchs is really cathartic considering how much I hated that deck. I don't know whether or not they deserved it though, considering how fragile they seem to be.

I'm getting major déjà vu with people's reactions to Kozmo. It seems like this kind of thing happens every time people see an archetype with blatantly powercrept effects, because they usually never work as well as people think they will at first glance.

Why are people saying no one uses Maxx "c"?

Why are people saying Maxx "c" should be at anything other than 3?

maxx c had gotten to the point of being a pseudo-turn skip, unless you're dead anyway, in which case it doesn't matter

The argument for it being limited is there. Semi is just a slight curbing of such, which is fine. There is definitely an argument that it has gotten out of control.

And maxx isn't really a draw card, and shouldn't be treated like a draw spell by any means =x

Archived