Gladiator Beast Andabatae [anime]

GladiatorBeastAndabatae-JP-Anime-AV.png

beast warrior

1000/2800

"Gladiator Beast Augustus"+2 "Gladiator Beast" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Andabatae", ignoring its Summoning conditions, but if it battles, shuffle it into the Extra Deck at the end of the Damage Step. If a "Gladiator Beast" monster you control is shuffled into the Deck or Extra Deck: You can make this card gain ATK equal to that monster's. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck.

MedallionofGladiatorBeast-JP-Anime-AV.pn Medallion of Gladiator Beast

"Gladiator Beast" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, also any battle damage you take becomes doubled.

VirtusofGladiatorBeast-JP-Anime-AV.pngVirtus of Gladial Beast

Activate only if you control a "Gladiator Beast" monster. Monsters your opponent controls cannot attack, except to attack "Gladiator Beast" monsters.

PolliceVerso-JP-Anime-AV.pngPollice Verso

Activate only if you control a "Gladiator Beast" monster. If a card(s) is destroyed by battle or card effect, its controller takes 500 damage for each destroyed card.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Andabatae_(anime)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Medallion_of_Gladiator_Beast

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Virtus_of_Gladiator_Beast

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pollice_Verso

sounds nifty

added the rest

Medallion in Glads is interesting for the fact that it prevents them from being destroyed for doubling battle damage the player takes, which makes the weaker ones more playable for their effects.

Well it makes them even less desirable, considering you could easily take 3k + damage, just for such a mostly cute play.

Medallion honestly requires Spirit Barrier to be worth the risk, however that requires too much dedication for too little payoff.

Still not seeing why I'd run Medallion over Waboku.

Well I thought the same and if someone would be desperate enough to protect multiple times with 1 card he should use battle manica instead, considering it is a self-recycling mist body (and most of the time protecting 1 target is already enough).

Medallion is in the archetype, making it potentially better than Waboku, depending on the support they get.

It could do without the doubled battle damage though.

However battle manica outclasses it, considering it can protect itself in the hand, does about the same, has the same potential in terms of being searched and does not double the dmg you take.

and does not double the dmg you take.

Did you just skip over my second sentence?

Also it isn't "strictly better" because this protects all your Glads instead of just one, and it wouldn't need the hand effect since it isn't equipped to any Glad that would tag out.  If it didn't have the doubled battle damage clause, I'd have no major issue with it.  Also, if it were to be released, it being buffed would be within the realm of possibility.

Did you just skip over my second sentence?

Also it isn't "strictly better" because this protects all your Glads instead of just one, and it wouldn't need the hand effect since it isn't equipped to any Glad that would tag out. If it didn't have the doubled battle damage clause, I'd have no major issue with it. Also, if it were to be released, it being buffed would be within the realm of possibility.

I did state one would be sufficient and the hand part is still true, considering you can protect it from SS1 removal if you keep it during the opponent's turn. Also I never said a release would be awful, all I did was state that the equip would be superior for being less risky and/or a sitting duck without major loses in terms of usefulness. (considering the version we currently have)

GBs have been getting little bits of support over time, at least indirectly.

From the times they used Shrink and Forbidden Lance, to the Horn of the Phantom Beast and Fire Formations.

We need a Scrap Iron Scarecrow that prevents battle destruction instead of negating the attack, I'm sure GBs would like that.

I think with this support GBs now can also use Magic Planter.

I haven't played GBs since they were meta way back like... when? 2007? 2008? Before Rescue Cat got banned? Has anything changed to the basic Glad Strategy or is it still Prisma x3, Test Tiger x3, Bestiari x3, etc etc, with the main goal of summoning Gyzarus to blow up the field, then Heraklinos to stop all S/Ts?

I haven't played GBs since they were meta way back like... when? 2007? 2008? Before Rescue Cat got banned? Has anything changed to the basic Glad Strategy or is it still Prisma x3, Test Tiger x3, Bestiari x3, etc etc, with the main goal of summoning Gyzarus to blow up the field, then Heraklinos to stop all S/Ts?

More or less, with cute Xyz tricks and War Chariot being Solemn Strike 8 or so years early.

Archived