[Finished][~nya~'s CC] EXPLOSION!

Bellringer Angel

DISCLAIMER: I'm only hosting this contest, so I won't do the judging (unless if necessary).

Hello, everyone! I decided to retire from Yu-Gi-Oh for about 3 weeks now, but due to unspeakable reasons, I'm back! Let us all create fiery, explosive, and destructive monsters to explode things up!

6QQfmmp.jpg

Requirements
Create a "balanced" Effect Monster that have something to do with explosive objects!

Rules
● No entry fee needed, but feel free to donate as much as you want and it will go stright to the pot!
● There is no limit to the amount of entrants allowed in this contest.
● Entries must be posted inside the spoiler tag.
● Entries are all due at October 1st 11:59 PM [GMT +7].
● Rewards will be properly granted at the end of the contest.
● Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to follow them in this contest.
● Written cards are accepted, however if you want to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format. Also remember to post your card's effect underneath so it can be easily read if you post a regular card.
● You are allowed to make minor edits to your card until the deadline (such as effect correction, OCG/spelling fixes, etc.), but you should have already designed the card as a final product. Changing your entry completely is prohibited, unless if the requirements change.
● All cards must abide by the maximum 5000 ATK/DEF rule for original stats.
● Any TCG/OCG card that is known to us before its release can be considered as released.
● You don't need to provide a submission immediately when you enter, but it needs to be here by the deadline if you want it to be scored.
● No fake attributes/types/mechanics allowed. No LAUGH/DIVINE attributes and Divine-Beast/Creator God types allowed either.
● Have fun!

Judging
Anyone is allowed to be the judge, but they must submit a copy of their own judging rubric to me (must be detailed and out of 100 points). Please PM me if you're interested in judging.

Rewards
● 1st: 1600 points + 40% of the pot + (the amount of entrants) reps.
● 2nd: 1200 points + 30% of the pot + (3/4 of the amount of entrants [rounded]) reps.
● 3rd: 800 points + 20% of the pot + (2/4 of the amount of entrants [rounded]) reps.
● 4th: 400 points + 10% of the pot + (1/4 of the amount of entrants [rounded) reps.
● All judges: (the amount of entrants) reps.
● The person that donated the most: (the amount of entrants) reps.

The Pot
Currently 6000 points.

List of Donators
● An anonymous person donated 5000 points.
● Brimtosis donated 600 points.
● EndUser donated 400 points.

List of Judges and their Rubrics
● Major's Shadow
60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the competition? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If generic, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough?
30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?
10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG/PSCT? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

List of Entrants
● CatmanDaGamer
● cr47t
● EndUser
● Tori-kun
● 「N」 of my Sorrow
● Wind Rider
● Rowling
● Re-Creator
● Yuuji Kazami
● Rainbow Quasar

● TheKing070701

● Unroyal_Paladin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to enter the card contest.

[spoiler=Entry (Written)]

Exploder Flare Signal Bomb

Level 3 / FIRE / Machine-Type Tuner

When this card is Normal Summoned; You can target 1 Level 5 or lower FIRE monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then you can make this card's Level equal to the Special Summoned monster's Level. At the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster; Destroy both that monster and this card. You can only control 1 "Exploder Flare Signal Bomb".

ATK 200 / DEF 200

EDIT; here it is without the spoiler;

Exploder Flare Signal Bomb

Level 3 / FIRE / Machine-Type Tuner

When this card is Normal Summoned; You can target 1 Level 5 or lower FIRE monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then you can make this card's Level equal to the Special Summoned monster's Level. At the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster; Destroy both that monster and this card. You can only control 1 "Exploder Flare Signal Bomb".

ATK 200 / DEF 200

I want to participate too.

[spoiler=My submission]

Flame Sorcerer

Level 6 / ATK 1500/ DEF 2100/ Spellcaster / FIRE / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you have 2 or more FIRE monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Flame Sorcerer" once per turn this way. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes equal to that of the targeted monster's, then, if its Attribute is FIRE, you can add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Flame Sorcerer" once per turn. Once only, you can negate the effect of a card that targets exactly 1 face-up FIRE monster on the field.

Also, I think it's too much to give 4000 points to the winner, since they're going to have part of the donations anyway. Maybe 1000 or less points instead?

I'm willing to enter the card contest.

Accepted.

I want to participate too.

[spoiler=My submission]

Flame Sorcerer

Level 6 / ATK 1500/ DEF 2100/ Spellcaster / FIRE / Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you have 2 or more FIRE monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Flame Sorcerer" once per turn this way. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes equal to that of the targeted monster's, then, if its Attribute is FIRE, you can add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Flame Sorcerer" once per turn. Once only, you can negate the effect of a card that targets exactly 1 face-up FIRE monster on the field.

Also, I think it's too much to give 4000 points to the winner, since they're going to have part of the donations anyway. Maybe 1000 or less points instead?I'm sorry, but the requirements has been changed, so you can completely change your submission if you want.

Ok, that's easy I guess.

However, we can't overdo it just because the card will be "explosive", right? Or do you allow a bit more than the norm?

As for the rating system: Aren't 4000 points too much to give? Your points will be depleted. :/

[spoiler=Entry]Stardust Bakudan Dragon

FIRE / Level 8

Dragon / Synchro / Effect

ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During either player's turn, when a monster declares an attack or if a monster activates an effect that targets this card: You can destroy this card and target that monster; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the destroyed monster's ATK. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Allahu Akbar

I shall enter. Chucking 600 points into the pot.

[spoiler=Entry]

n483d6O.jpg

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster gains 300 ATK and 200 DEF, and the following effect;
• Once per turn, you can target 1 "Boomsnitch" attached to this card; destroy it, and then your opponent must randomly reveal cards in their hand equal to the number of "Boomsnitch"s in both players Graveyards.
If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard; deal 300 points of damage to the opponent.

I'm sorry, but the requirements has been changed, so you can completely change your submission if you want.

[spoiler=This is my new submission]

Flame Annihilator
Level 5 / ATK 1200 / DEF 1200 / FIRE / Fiend / Effect
If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 card from each side of the field; destroy both targets, and if you do, Special Summon this card, then take 800 points of damage. Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn: You can activate the following effects. You can only use each effect of "Flame Annihilator" once per turn.
- When you take battle damage, after damage calculation: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.
- When you take effect damage: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK or DEF of the banished monster.

NOTE: Since its Special Summon happens by activating an effect, the OPT clause covers this too.

Added a note, just in case.

Elemental HERO Bomberman

FIRE / Level 4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1500 DEF / 1500

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "HERO" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card on the field is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, but if the target is not destroyed after this effect resolves, send it to the Graveyard and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Bomberman" once per turn.

I'd like to join in :)

My entry:

[spoiler=Goblin Bomb Juggler]

goblin_juggler_by_orejon8-dag6q9y.jpg

Main Effect:

If you control another "Goblin" monster, your opponent cannot target this card

for an attack. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled; place 1 Bomb

Counter on this card, and if you do, change this card to Defense Position. This

card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn,

except with a card effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can

place it in your Pendulum Zone instead. (Bomb Counters remain on this card.)

Pendulum Effect:
Increase this card's Pendulum Scale by the amount of Bomb Counters on it.

Once per turn: You can remove 1 Bomb Counter from this card; destroy 1 face-

up monster on your opponent's side of the field. When this card leaves the

field; destroy monsters on your side of the field equal to the amount of Bomb

Counters left on this card, then Special Summon Level 4 monsters from your

Deck equal to the total number of cards destroyed by this card's effects.

[spoiler=Submission'']

68aqsF2.png

Hexploder Hunter

FIRE/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set it. Card targeted by this effect cannot change its battle position or activated while this card is still face-up on the field. During the 2nd of both player's End Phase, if the targeted card is still on the field; destroy it, and if you do, destroy all card(s) in the same column as that card, then inflict 500 damage to both player's Life Points for each of their card(s) destroyed by this effect.

600/200

Archived