Bellringer Angel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=My submission:]

Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба

FIRE/ Level 10/ Pyro/ Effect

Cannot be Special Summon/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned by either tribute 2 or 3 FIRE monster. If this card is Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 Monster: Destroy all other cards on the field. Neither player cannot activate cards in response to this effect's activation. If either; at the end of the Damage Step that this card attacks an opponent's monster OR this card effect that activated when it Normal Summoned is resolving, but the opponent's card(s) was not destroyed by the battle or that effect: those cards gains this effect (even after if this card is leaves the field).

● During your Standby Phase: you lose 500 LP. this effect cannot be negated. "Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба" on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF.

ATK 3000/ DEF 1961

there you have it a Pseudo-semi nomi monster (once properly normal summoned you can special summon it by many ways) that nuke the field and burn your opponent down if there's anything that survive his onslaught.

[spoiler=inspiration and trivia]

-this card last name - Царь-бомба is a Russian Name: Tsar Bomba a.k.a the king/ruler of bombs. currently the most powerful explosive device ever detonated ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba )

- that wonky numbered DEF is the very year Tsar Bomba is Blast-tested

- additionally if you ad this card ATK and Level you get 3010. representing 30 October the exact date of the test

Let me in.

Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon

Level 8 / WIND

Dragon/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect

Pendulum Scales = 8

Pendulum Effect:

All Synchro Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Clear Wing" card in your Graveyard or Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it.

Monster Effect:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can place 1 "Clear Wing" Synchro Monster from your Graveyard or face-up from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, its Pendulum Scale becomes 2. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can negate the activation, and if you, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

3000/2500

Card Notes and Rulings:

- If this card places "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon" using its effect, it is treated normally as a Scale 2 Pendulum Card with no Pendulum Effects.

- This card is called "Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon" because it activates it negation effect by throwing an explosive bomb at the opponent's card that it will negate, and it explodes when it's "destroyed by battle or card effect", putting it in the Pendulum Zone.

Let me in.

[spoiler=Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon]Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon

Level 8 / WIND

Pendulum Scale = 8

Pendulum Effect:

Face-up Synchro Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Clear Wing" card in your Graveyard or your Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it.

Monster Effect:

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can place 1 face-up "Clear Wing" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, its Pendulum Scale becomes 2. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can negate the activation, and if you, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

3000/2500

[spoiler=Card Notes and Rulings]-If this card places "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon" using its effect, it is treated normally as a Scale 2 Pendulum Card with no Pendulum Effects.

-Imagine this card activating its negation effect by throwing a bomb at the opponent's monster, now its name makes sense.

ok

EDIT: Updated the list of entrants and judges.

I would like to enter the contest

Here is my card

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Monkey+Bomb&cardtype=Monster&subtype=effect&attribute=Dark&level=3&rarity=Common&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.yugiohcardmaker.net%2F830652%2F794291140.png&circulation=&set1=&set2=&type=Machine&carddescription=Monsters+your+opponent+controls+cannot+target+your+monsters+for+attacks%2C+except+this+one.+Once+per+turn%2C+during+either+players+turn%2C+you+can+target+1+monster+your+opponent+controls%2C+destroy+it+and+this+card.+Once+per+turn%2C+you+can+Tribute+this+card%2C+Destroy+all+Spell%2FTrap+cards+on+the+field.&atk=1000&def=1000&creator=&year=2016&serial=

Monkey Bomb
Type:Machine/Effect

Atk:1000 Def:1000

Level:3
Attribute:Dark
Effect:Monsters your opponent controls cannot target your monsters for attacks, except this one. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls, destroy it and this card. Once per turn, you can Tribute this card, Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field.

I would like to enter the contest

Here is my card

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Monkey+Bomb&cardtype=Monster&subtype=effect&attribute=Dark&level=3&rarity=Common&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.yugiohcardmaker.net%2F830652%2F794291140.png&circulation=&set1=&set2=&type=Machine&carddescription=Monsters+your+opponent+controls+cannot+target+your+monsters+for+attacks%2C+except+this+one.+Once+per+turn%2C+during+either+players+turn%2C+you+can+target+1+monster+your+opponent+controls%2C+destroy+it+and+this+card.+Once+per+turn%2C+you+can+Tribute+this+card%2C+Destroy+all+Spell%2FTrap+cards+on+the+field.&atk=1000&def=1000&creator=&year=2016&serial=

Monkey Bomb

Atk:1000 Def:1000

Effect:Monsters your opponent controls cannot target your monsters for attacks, except this one. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls, destroy it and this card. Once per turn, you can Tribute this card, Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field.

ok

Again no fancy picture or anything, but yeah, this is my entry.  Anyone like Lithium battery explosions? (( Actually dangerous 'don't try this at home'-kind of stuff, but still, it tickles my explosion sense watching them go off with a big bang :V ))

[spoiler=Entry]

Lithium Grenade Launcher Battery

FIRE

Level 6

Machine / Effect

You can tribute 1 FIRE Xyz Monster you control that has no Xyz Materials; Special Summon this card (from your hand) . You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total levels equal 7 or more; Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) . When this card is Summoned by its own effect: Both players take 800 damage. This card can attack while in Defense Position.

ATK / 2150  DEF / 2500

Edit: .... Does this count towards the requirement......? It's an object which is prone to explode under the right circumstances and all.

Again no fancy picture or anything, but yeah, this is my entry.  Anyone like Lithium battery explosions? (( Actually dangerous 'don't try this at home'-kind of stuff, but still, it tickles my explosion sense watching them go off with a big bang :V ))

[spoiler=Entry]

FIRE

Level 6

Machine / Effect

You can tribute 1 FIRE Xyz Monster you control that has no Xyz Materials; Special Summon this card (from your hand) . You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total levels equal 6 or more; Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) . When this card is Summoned by its own effect: Both players take 800 damage. This card can attack while in Defense Position.

ATK / 2150  DEF / 2500

Edit: .... Does this count towards the requirement......? It's an object which is prone to explode under the right circumstances and all.

ok

[spoiler=This is my new submission]

Flame Annihilator

Level 5 / ATK 1200 / DEF 1200 / FIRE / Fiend / Effect

If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 card from each side of the field; destroy both targets, and if you do, Special Summon this card, then take 800 points of damage. Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn: You can activate the following effects. You can only use each effect of "Flame Annihilator" once per turn.

- When you take battle damage, after damage calculation: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

- When you take effect damage: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK or DEF of the banished monster.

NOTE: Since its Special Summon happens by activating an effect, the OPT clause covers this too.

Added a note, just in case.

I'm willing to enter the card contest.

[spoiler=Entry (Written)]

Exploder Flare Signal Bomb

Level 3 / FIRE / Machine-Type Tuner

When this card is Normal Summoned; You can target 1 Level 5 or lower FIRE monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then you can make this card's Level equal to the Special Summoned monster's Level. At the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster; Destroy both that monster and this card. You can only control 1 "Exploder Flare Signal Bomb".

ATK 200 / DEF 200

[spoiler=Entry]Stardust Bakudan Dragon

FIRE / Level 8

Dragon / Synchro / Effect

ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During either player's turn, when a monster declares an attack or if a monster activates an effect that targets this card: You can destroy this card and target that monster; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the destroyed monster's ATK. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.Allahu Akbar

I shall enter. Chucking 600 points into the pot.

[spoiler=Entry]

n483d6O.jpg

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster gains 300 ATK and 200 DEF, and the following effect;

• Once per turn, you can target 1 "Boomsnitch" attached to this card; destroy it, and then your opponent must randomly reveal cards in their hand equal to the number of "Boomsnitch"s in both players Graveyards.

If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard; deal 300 points of damage to the opponent.

Elemental HERO Bomberman

FIRE / Level 4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1500 DEF / 1500

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "HERO" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card on the field is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, but if the target is not destroyed after this effect resolves, send it to the Graveyard and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Bomberman" once per turn.

I'd like to join in :)

My entry:

[spoiler=Goblin Bomb Juggler]

goblin_juggler_by_orejon8-dag6q9y.jpg

Main Effect:

If you control another "Goblin" monster, your opponent cannot target this card

for an attack. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled; place 1 Bomb

Counter on this card, and if you do, change this card to Defense Position. This

card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn,

except with a card effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can

place it in your Pendulum Zone instead. (Bomb Counters remain on this card.)

Pendulum Effect:Increase this card's Pendulum Scale by the amount of Bomb Counters on it.

Once per turn: You can remove 1 Bomb Counter from this card; destroy 1 face-

up monster on your opponent's side of the field. When this card leaves the

field; destroy monsters on your side of the field equal to the amount of Bomb

Counters left on this card, then Special Summon Level 4 monsters from your

Deck equal to the total number of cards destroyed by this card's effects.

[spoiler=Submission'']

68aqsF2.png

Hexploder Hunter

FIRE/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set it. Card targeted by this effect cannot change its battle position or activated while this card is still face-up on the field. During the 2nd of both player's End Phase, if the targeted card is still on the field; destroy it, and if you do, destroy all card(s) in the same column as that card, then inflict 500 damage to both player's Life Points for each of their card(s) destroyed by this effect.

600/200

[spoiler=My submission:]

Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба

Cannot be Special Summon/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned by either tribute 2 or 3 FIRE monster. If this card is Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 Monster: Destroy all other cards on the field. Neither player cannot activate cards in response to this effect's activation. If either; at the end of the Damage Step that this card attacks an opponent's monster OR this card effect that activated when it Normal Summoned is resolving, but the opponent's card(s) was not destroyed by the battle or that effect: those cards gains this effect (even after if this card is leaves the field).

● During your Standby Phase: you lose 500 LP. this effect cannot be negated. "Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба" on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF.

ATK 3000/ DEF 1961

there you have it a Pseudo-semi nomi monster (once properly normal summoned you can special summon it by many ways) that nuke the field and burn your opponent down if there's anything that survive his onslaught.

[spoiler=inspiration and trivia]

-this card last name - Царь-бомба is a Russian Name: Tsar Bomba a.k.a the king/ruler of bombs. currently the most powerful explosive device ever detonated ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba )

- that wonky numbered DEF is the very year Tsar Bomba is Blast-tested

- additionally if you ad this card ATK and Level you get 3010. representing 30 October the exact date of the test

Let me in.

[spoiler=Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon]Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon

Level 8 / WIND

Pendulum Scale = 8

Pendulum Effect:

All Synchro Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Clear Wing" card in your Graveyard or Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it.

Monster Effect:

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can place 1 "Clear Wing" Synchro Monster from your Graveyard or face-up from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, its Pendulum Scale becomes 2. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can negate the activation, and if you, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

3000/2500

[spoiler=Card Notes and Rulings]-If this card places "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon" using its effect, it is treated normally as a Scale 2 Pendulum Card with no Pendulum Effects.

-Imagine this card activating its negation effect by throwing a bomb at the opponent's monster, now its name makes sense.

EDIT: Fixed this card's first effect so it can place Synchro Monsters from the Graveyard in the Pendulum Zone (forgot to add that part).

Again no fancy picture or anything, but yeah, this is my entry. Anyone like Lithium battery explosions? (( Actually dangerous 'don't try this at home'-kind of stuff, but still, it tickles my explosion sense watching them go off with a big bang :V ))

[spoiler=Entry]

FIRE

Level 6

Machine / Effect

You can tribute 1 FIRE Xyz Monster you control that has no Xyz Materials; Special Summon this card (from your hand) . You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total levels equal 7 or more; Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) . When this card is Summoned by its own effect: Both players take 800 damage. This card can attack while in Defense Position.

ATK / 2150 DEF / 2500

I would like to enter the contestHere is my cardhttp://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Monkey+Bomb&cardtype=Monster&subtype=effect&attribute=Dark&level=3&rarity=Common&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.yugiohcardmaker.net%2F830652%2F794291140.png&circulation=&set1=&set2=&type=Machine&carddescription=Monsters+your+opponent+controls+cannot+target+your+monsters+for+attacks%2C+except+this+one.+Once+per+turn%2C+during+either+players+turn%2C+you+can+target+1+monster+your+opponent+controls%2C+destroy+it+and+this+card.+Once+per+turn%2C+you+can+Tribute+this+card%2C+Destroy+all+Spell%2FTrap+cards+on+the+field.&atk=1000&def=1000&creator=&year=2016&serial=

Monkey Bomb

Atk:1000

Def:1000

Deadline has been reached.

I will begin reviewing everyone's entries starting tomorrow, Oct. 3rd. It should be done anytime before Friday, so long as things run smoothly. I look forward to all the entries, and wish you all the best of luck! Once again, if you have any concerns or questions, you can shoot either me or ~nya~ a PM.

- Major's Shadow

Update: If you're not already aware, many functions of YCM are currently down, including: Profiles, Profile Photos, Spoilers, the actual card maker, and more. Due to this, I can't complete the reviews until the spoilers work again (unless any entrants would like to re-post their entries w/o spoilers). I hope you all understand, and I sincerely apologize about these circumstances. I will update you all if anything changes. Thank you all sincerely for your patience!

-Major's Shadow

Update 10/12/16: Corrected some of the scoring based off feedback. I have also included examples of corrected OCG, so it's easier to understand your scores. I apologize for being unclear, and hope this will correct any concerns you had prior.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to EXPLODE!

konata-explosion-o.gif

... Which, coincidentally, also happened to the YCM servers just a few days back. Luckily, nobody was injured after the website's collapse (at least, I hope so), and everything is running smoothly again! I understand many of you have been eager to read your scores, so let's make haste! If you're unfamiliar with my rubric, it goes as follows:

60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the competition? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If generic, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough?

30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?

10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG/PSCT? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

Easy? Good.

Now that we've gotten that squared away, let's begin! Thank you all so much for bearing with me, as I hope my judgement were on-par to your expectations. If you have any issues, you're free to voice your concerns either on this forum post, or via PM to either me or ~nya~. Let's begin!

[spoiler=Cr47t, Exploder Flare Signal Bomb]

[spoiler=Submission]

Exploder Flare Signal Bomb

Level 3 / FIRE / Machine-Type Tuner
When this card is Normal Summoned; You can target 1 Level 5 or lower FIRE monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then you can make this card's Level equal to the Special Summoned monster's Level. At the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster; Destroy both that monster and this card. You can only control 1 "Exploder Flare Signal Bomb".
ATK 200 / DEF 200 

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (25/60): Giving multiple archetypes a generic Tuner that also SS’s from Grave for Xyz or Synchro play of any Rank or Level is too much. This is an incredibly versatile card, generating value for a plethora of different FIRE archetypes, and would be used in every single FIRE deck. True, FIRE decks are not quite as capable as they once were, and both LIGHT and DARK decks have phenomenal support, but giving any FIRE deck a battle removal/recovery tool that’s generic isn’t a good idea (note: can also be abused w/ machine dupe). It’s one of those staple cards that is powerful enough to help meta decks compete, but is brain dead in design.

Creativity/Flavor (15/30): The name isn’t very intuitive, but does fit the theme of the 2nd effect. 1st effect is questionable, however, since it’s a bomb that brings FIRE monsters towards it? Signal part of it, I guess? Nothing too special here.
OCG (8/10): Placed a semi-colon before “Normal Summoned;” instead of a colon, Destroy doesn’t need to be capitalized, also another semi-colon before “monster;”.

Ex: When this card is Normal Summoned: (Colon needs to be used instead of semi-colon when structuring cost) You can target 1 Level 5 or lower FIRE monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, then you can make this card's Level equal to the Summoned monster's Level (slight tweak to improve conciseness of effect). At the start of the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: (same reasoning as before) destroy both that monster and this card. You can only control 1 "Exploder Flare Signal Bomb".
Total (47/100)

[spoiler=EndUser, Flame Annihilator]

[spoiler=Submission]                                                                                                          

Flame Annihilator

Level 5 / ATK 1200 / DEF 1200 / FIRE / Fiend / Effect

If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 card from each side of the field; destroy both targets, and if you do, Special Summon this card, then take 800 points of damage. Once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn: You can activate the following effects. You can only use each effect of "Flame Annihilator" once per turn.

- When you take battle damage, after damage calculation: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

- When you take effect damage: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK or DEF of the banished monster.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (22/60): For a great deal of decks that would tech this card in, destruction isn’t a heavy cost to eliminate pieces of your opponent’s board (Metalfoes come to mind, since it’s a destruction-based effect that’s also a free Lvl. 5 monster). Activating and targeting as cost is such a powerful effect from-hand, since you don’t need to devote anything towards the board, and it forces a response out of your opponent. Both of the trigger effects are potent as well, albeit the effect damage being significantly more situational. Just having the flexibility of non-target removal by crashing one of your monsters after procking a backrow or another monster your opponent has in one card is insane, especially considering the lack of risk associated with using either of its effects.
Creativity/Flavor (18/30): The effect is pretty creative in its approach to anti-burn/battle damage, and taps on an unused mechanic of self-destruction in FIRE decks (since Fire Kings, that is). While the name isn’t anything special, the rest of the card is intuitive.
OCG (7/10): OCG is sound for the most part, but has some issues in the latter half. Primarily in the use of a colon w/ a speed 2 effect that can’t trigger freely during either player’s turn.

Ex: If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy both targets, and if you do, Special Summon this card, then take 800 damage. Once per turn, this card (I'm fairly certain you're correct on this, not too sure on the most recent OCG on self-battle protection) cannot be destroyed by battle. You can only activate each of the following effects of "Flame Annihilator" once per turn: (This section of the OCG does not need to have a "During either player's turn" condition, because the effect can still activate on your opponent's turn, due to the effect being able to trigger on the met condition, regardless of which turn it is. Also, adding the colon in front of "During either player's turn" signifies the player has a choice at what point to activate the effect, which this kind of effect does not. An example would be an on-summon effect triggering during your opponent's turn, so long as the condition is met, like Satellarknight Deneb).

- If you take battle damage, after damage calculation: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

- If (just a precaution to prevent it missing timing) you take effect damage: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK or DEF of the banished monster.
Total (47/100)

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami, Stardust Bakudan Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]

Stardust Bakudan Dragon

FIRE / Level 8
Dragon / Synchro / Effect
ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During either player's turn, when a monster declares an attack or if a monster activates an effect that targets this card: You can destroy this card and target that monster; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the destroyed monster's ATK. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.Allahu Akbar

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (52/60): Taking burn mechanics from ring of destruction and implementing them into a Stardust monster works surprisingly well. The idea is solid, since battling and monster effects are primarily used as a means of efficient removal currently. It doesn’t go overboard, and is easy enough for your opponent to play around. The sad truth is, this card is too balanced to see heavy competitive play; but it’s got its niche, and would stick around in true fashion like the other Stardust monsters. It’s another good option for level 8 synchros, and could potentially see play, depending on the format.
Creativity/Flavor (30/30): If this was a protagonist’s boss monster, I can just imagine this card being Synchro Summoned using the actual Jigen Bakudan, which would be hilarious. Plenty of good influence was taken for this card’s design, giving a unique, but also familiar way to introduce more good generic toolboxes into the level 8 synchro pool. No issues here, perfect score.
OCG (8/10): A bit sloppy in places, could have been refined in the targeting mechanics and the condition.

Ex: During either player's turn, if this card is targeted for an attack or by a monster effect: You can destroy this card, then target that monster; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the destroyed monster's current ATK. (Condition needed some refinement, and you could have added a comma to the "then" clause of the cost) During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.
Total (90/100)

[spoiler=Brimtosis, Boomsnitch]

[spoiler=Submission]n483d6O.jpg

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster gains 300 ATK and 200 DEF, and the following effect;
• Once per turn, you can target 1 "Boomsnitch" attached to this card; destroy it, and then your opponent must randomly reveal cards in their hand equal to the number of "Boomsnitch"s in both players Graveyards.

If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard; deal 300 points of damage to the opponent.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (0/60): Ladies and Gentlemen, a modern evolution of Parasite Paracide. Super conditional, hardly any reward for successfully using its effect, and even if you do, it still does nothing to affect your opponent whatsoever. I can understand the novelty behind a card like this, but you can’t expect anyone to place a modern Union monster into their decks as a 3 of, just to potentially reveal 3 cards from your opponent’s hand (maybe less, if it hits the same card), requiring you to minus 3 cards just to do it. The burn is, again, not worth running 3 of this card for. The only benefit this card does have is Machine Dupe, and its Union mechanics protecting the monster (which ABC’s already have, and do significantly better). I can’t give this card a score, because its existence in the game would be as a joke card, one that even casual players would scoff at using, or abused in some sort of union recycle burn FTK deck.
Creativity/Flavor (10/30): Well, to give some credit, it does have a half-decent concept. Detaching Unions for generating knowledge of your opponent’s hand or deck is novel, and potentially viable if expanded upon. Just, not like this though.
OCG (8/10): Functional, but does not follow a lot of basic OCG for Unions. The equipped monster destruction clause, for one, was left out of the Union equip effect, and not in parenthesis (when based off the newest OCG for Unions).

Ex: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: inflict 300 lifepoint damage to the opponent. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 300 ATK and 200 DEF, and the following effects (If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead): (This is based off the latest OCG for Union monsters, and all prior Union cards having parenthesis conditions for equip destruction). 

-Once per turn, you can target 1 "Boomsnitch" equipped to this card; destroy it, then your opponent must randomly reveal cards in their hand equal to the number of "Boomsnitch" in both player's Graveyards.
Total (18/100)

[spoiler=Ecchitori, Elemental HERO Bomberman]

[spoiler=Submission]

Elemental HERO Bomberman

FIRE / Level 4
Warrior / Effect
ATK / 1500 DEF / 1500

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "HERO" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card on the field is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, but if the target is not destroyed after this effect resolves, send it to the Graveyard and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Bomberman" once per turn.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (34/60): At the very least, the destruction effect is restricted as field to grave, so Xyz Summoning does not net you insane amounts of advantage. It’s a decent card idea, giving you an E-hero with efficient removal, and a Deneb-style searching effect, using Shadowmist as your target to send. Sets up easy ways to generate advantage, and has suitable stats for its level. The problem is, in its removal effect, it has the potential of sending to grave and inflicting burn damage instead of destruction. It’s too efficient of removal for a Level 4 monster with a very easy condition to meet for the effect to trigger. Destruction is already potent enough, considering it's a pseudo searcher that deck thins and sets up your Graveyard for Mask Charge or other powerful Graveyard support.
Creativity/Flavor (28/30): Love the reference to another Konami franchise in the name, as it fits the theme of the card and the archetype. Everything about the card is bundled into one lovely package, and uniquely supports the archetype.
OCG (10/10): Any of the OCG tweaks needed are minor, and do not affect the card mechanically.

Total (72/100)

[spoiler=Rowling, Goblin Bomb Juggler]

[spoiler=Submission]goblin_juggler_by_orejon8-dag6q9y.jpg

Main Effect:
If you control another "Goblin" monster, your opponent cannot target this card
for an attack. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled; place 1 Bomb
Counter on this card, and if you do, change this card to Defense Position. This
card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn,
except with a card effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can
place it in your Pendulum Zone instead. (Bomb Counters remain on this card.)

Pendulum Effect:Increase this card's Pendulum Scale by the amount of Bomb Counters on it.
Once per turn: You can remove 1 Bomb Counter from this card; destroy 1 face-
up monster on your opponent's side of the field. When this card leaves the
field; destroy monsters on your side of the field equal to the amount of Bomb
Counters left on this card, then Special Summon Level 4 monsters from your

Deck equal to the total number of cards destroyed by this card's effects.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (28/60): Interesting to see Goblin support implemented as a Pendulum Monster. The mechanics in the scale are very clunky, however. True to its name, you have to juggle the card around multiple zones to generate any sort of value. You have to successfully resolve all the following just to obtain any kind of value: 1, successfully battle and have it survive the battle (since it occurs at End of Damage Step, it needs to be face-up and not destroyed by battle). 2, have it be removed by battle after adding a counter. 3, have the cost of removing a counter fully resolve after your opponent has a face-up monster. 4, if you even managed to get more than 1 counter, have monster(s) you’re willing to sacrifice to bring out ANY Level 4 monsters from your deck. True, the Pendulum mechanic makes it an easily recyclable 2200 beater w/ potential to act as a Scale, but that’s asking for a lot of conditions just to achieve a fairly decent effect (Interesting note, you can keep 2 Bomb Juggler on the field, and your opponent cannot attack either of them).
Creativity/Flavor (24/30): While the effect is overly convoluted, giving a recyclable beater to a battle-based archetype that’s also highly splashable is unique. Flavor-wise, it works well as a Goblin monster, and the effect fits the type of card presented here. Points for effort here.
OCG (9/10): Some minor things, such as semi-colons where colons should be.

Ex: Pendulum: Increase this card's Pendulum Scale by the number of Bomb Counters on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Bomb Counter from this card; destroy 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field. When this card in your Pendulum Zone (Has to be specified) leaves the field: destroy monsters on your side of the field equal to the number of Bomb Counters left on this card, and if you do, Special Summon Level 4 monsters from your Deck equal to the total number of cards destroyed by this (removed "card's") effect.

Monster: If you control another "Goblin" monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled: (colon instead of semi-colon, to signify condition) place 1 Bomb Counter on this card, and if you do, change this card to Defense Position. This card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone instead (Bomb Counters remain on this card). 
Total (61/100)

[spoiler= Kanashimi, Hexploder Hunter:]

[spoiler=Submission]                                                                    68aqsF2.png

Hexploder Hunter

FIRE/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set it. Card targeted by this effect cannot change its battle position or activated while this card is still face-up on the field. During the 2nd of both player's End Phase, if the targeted card is still on the field; destroy it, and if you do, destroy all card(s) in the same column as that card, then inflict 500 damage to both player's Life Points for each of their card(s) destroyed by this effect.

600/200

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (33/60): The ability to manipulate any face-up card’s current position on the field, and then melding it with a blasting fuse-style effect, is fairly decent. It’s an If on-summon effect, so it can’t miss timing, and works off other revival cards (such as COTH, Re-kindling or Soul Charge). It has distinctly weak stats for its level, and only has value if there’s a face-up card to target (Pendulum Scales do not count, as they cannot be set in the Pendulum Zones). Luckily, its destruction and burn do not require it to survive, but your opponent is free to use the card as soon as this monster leaves the field, which is fairly easy to do against a 600 ATK monster. As a removal card, it’s clunky and slow, especially if using your normal summon. However, it could potentially see play in slower, stun-style decks (and can manage to SS it consistently), making it a decent way to control your opponent's board state.
Flavor/Creativity (30/30): Outstanding amount of creativity for this card. Everything about the card, from its artwork to its effect, are all immensely unique. Forms of removal using columns are very rarely explored, and as far as I know, no cards yet can set ANY face-up card on the field, and prevent it to be flipped face-up.
OCG (7/10): It’s understandable why the OCG is clunky in places, considering this style of effect hasn’t been done before, but there are still a few errors, like an instance of incorrect colons/semi-colon placement, and incorrect sentence structure on the 2nd sentence.

Ex: If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set it. The targeted card cannot be flipped face-up or change its battle position while this card is face-up on the field. (Clauses such as "Card targeted by this effect" are not sufficient OCG.) During the 4th End Phase if the targeted card is still on the field: (colon instead of semi-colon to dictate condition) destroy it, and if you do, destroy all cards (no need for parenthesis on cards, as the effect always has the potential of destroying every card in those columns. Unlike Bottomless Trap Hole, which can potentially hit 1 or more monsters) in the same column, then inflict 500 damage to both players for each of their cards destroyed by this effect.
Total (71/100)

[spoiler=Re-Creator, Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба]

[spoiler=Submission]                                                                                       Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба

Cannot be Special Summon/Set. Must first be Normal Summoned by either tribute 2 or 3 FIRE monster. If this card is Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 Monster: Destroy all other cards on the field. Neither player cannot activate cards in response to this effect's activation. If either; at the end of the Damage Step that this card attacks an opponent's monster OR this card effect that activated when it Normal Summoned is resolving, but the opponent's card(s) was not destroyed by the battle or that effect: those cards gains this effect (even after if this card is leaves the field).

ATK 3000/ DEF 1961

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (10/60): While destroying all cards on the field is an immensely powerful effect, having to successfully tribute summon a poorly stated monster using 3 FIRE monsters to generate any benefit off its Summoning is pretty piss poor. The mechanics beyond the destruction clause is also very confusing: which cards upon declaring an attack gain the additional effects of Drakonomikon, if not the second condition? In fact, this effect is clunky in mechanic and has a very specific condition to meet. It doesn’t present much of a threat without any form of self-protection, which is a given for any Tribute Summon monster, or boss monster, of this caliber. True, it can be revived off of other effects once its summoning condition is met, but that's a big "if". I’ll also discuss the Defense in the next section, since it ties more appropriately there.
Flavor/Creativity (8/30): While the inspiration drawn was very powerful (quite literally, it’s the most powerful nuclear bomb ever detonated), you ham-fisted the themes of the card, melding it into the mechanics of the card itself. There was a reason cards with abstract ATK & DEF values are no longer made, because they complicate the game state, and make LP calculations a chore (Reaper of the Cards, for example). Also, for being based off a nuclear bomb, it certainly isn’t that scary of an effect.
OCG (3/10): Yeah, this is a mess. From incorrect terminology, to awkwardly worded conditions, to a lack of plurals (monster vs monsters), double negative terms, it’s a mechanical mess. It still follows basic OCG structure, however, so credit will be given for that.

Ex: Cannot be Special Summon/Set. Must first be Tribute Summoned by using 2 or 3 FIRE monsters as Tribute. If this card is Tribute (replaced Normal with Tribute) Summoned by Tributing 3 Monsters: Destroy all other cards on the field. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. After this effect resolves, OR when this card battles an opponent's monster: all other face-up cards on the field gain the following effects (OCG had to be totally revised to correctly illustrate the proper conditions for the effect to activate) (even after this card leaves the field):
● During your Standby Phase: you lose 500 LP. this effect cannot be negated. "Drakonomikon of Endings - Царь-бомба" on the field gains 200 ATK and DEF.
Total (21/100)

[spoiler=Rainbow Quasar, Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]

Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon

Level 8 / WIND
Pendulum Scale = 8
Pendulum Effect:
Monster Effect:

3000/2500

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (12/60): Having an objectively better effect negation tool built into a Pendulum Synchro Monster is not a good idea. Let’s be honest, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon is hardly ever used because of its battle effect (although it is very good), but rather, it’s a free monster negation in a solid 3000 ATK body. Having a straight upgrade to Crystal Wing is terrifying, as Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon is already the best Level 8 Synchro in the game, so long as it can be made. True, the rest of the effects are pretty gimmicky ways of developing scales, but that doesn’t excuse the primary effect from being so insanely powerful. At least the effect has an OPT clause on its negation, but that doesn’t matter too much, since you’ll most likely be making unbreakable board states with other monsters that negate effects as well. It also being potentially revived off of a Pendulum Summon is absolutely broken.
Flavor/Creativity (8/30): I guess taking your Clear Wing monsters and using them as Pendulum Scales is a novel idea, but doesn’t fit the “Explosion” theme well. It’s just a better Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, with some basic Synchro/Pendulum mechanics and gimmicks.
OCG (9/10): Some minor OCG stuff, like the Pendulum Destruction targeting a card instead of a monster.

Ex: Pendulum: All Synchro Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Clear Wing" card in your Pendulum Zone or 1 "Clear Wing" Synchro Monster in your Graveyard (You cannot have an effect target any card in your Graveyard to SS, because if there is a "Clear Wing" Spell/Trap card released into the game, it makes the effect mechanically broken. Even if it can be legally targeted, it cannot be legally summoned, breaking the game state); Special Summon it.

Monster: When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can place 1 "Clear Wing" Synchro Monster from your Graveyard or face-up from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, its Pendulum Scale becomes 2. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Crystal Wing Explosive Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone. (Was incorrect on the colon trigger for its destruction clause, so I corrected the OCG score to accommodate for it).
Total (29/100)

[spoiler=Unroyal_Paladin, Lithium Gernade Launcher Battery]

[spoiler=Submission]

FIRE
Level 6
Machine / Effect

ATK / 2150 DEF / 2500

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (9/60): This card is an absolute mish-mash of mechanics and names. I’ll try to break it down into pieces, so I can put into perspective all the reasons this card doesn’t work. 1, There are hardly any FIRE Xyz monsters that will be without Xyz Materials to meet this card’s Summoning Condition. 2, Machina Fortress has a similar style of effect, but it just inherently better, with self-protection and can be used from-hand. 3, The burn is absolutely pointless, considering it takes ions to successfully summon off its own effect from hand, or takes a ton of resources while in the Graveyard. 4, Why does it have a Super Heavy Samurai-eqsue Defense Position battle mechanic? 5, What deck exists that is a Level 6, Machine-Type, FIRE attribute XYZ spam deck, and coincidentally has a ton of Xyz Monsters that have no materials underneath for you to tribute? 6, Why is this a generic tool when the conditions and usability in said decks are non-existent? 7, Why is this a “Battery” card? It hardly does anything for the archetype, and has no synergy w/ its recovery tools.  A lot of questions without answers, a huge heap of mechanics that benefit nothing, and are outclassed by other cards. However, if there ever was a consistent Rank 6 Xyz deck w/ Machine support, this could be teched in to make plays more consistent.
Flavor/Creativity (0/30): Yeah, this is no bomb. It hardly burns for its outlandish summoning conditions, and does not modify the board outside of attacking. Name is also uninspired.
OCG (7/10): While the costs and effects are correct, all the Summoning effects are missing proper conditions, and the Defense Position battling text OCG is completely left out.

Ex: You can Tribute (needed to be capitalized) 1 FIRE Xyz Monster you control that has no Xyz Materials; Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total levels equal 7 or more; Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard). When this card is Summoned by its own effect: Both players take 800 damage. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position, also when you do, apply its DEF for damage calculation. (Some clause for damage calculation needs to be included, otherwise, it's unclear what stats are being used during battle) 
Total (16/100)

[spoiler=TheKing070701, Monkey Bomb:]

[spoiler=Submission]

Monkey Bomb

Atk:1000
Def:1000

Balance/Utility/Mechanics (0/60): There’s a reason Heavy Storm was banned (and no, it wasn’t so it’d come back as a monster). Giving a Level 3 monster Speed 2 removal of monsters and a OPT effect that forces a response by potentially removing your opponent’s entire board is immensely unfair. It’s usable in every single deck, and offers removal for almost any situation. The battle protection is fairly standard, but the rest of the card reeks of abuse. This card cannot exist in its current state.
Creativity/Flavor (8/30): You had the right idea with the battle protection, as Monkey Bombs are generally pretty loud and lure people in. However, Speed 2 removal and OPT removal triggered by the player controlling it doesn’t fit into the flavor well. The name is also pretty bland and straightforward too. There was an idea here, it was just overshadowed by the rest of the card’s broken mechanics.
OCG (7/10): Mostly correct, save for the lack of Colons or Semi-colons to dictate Condition/Cost/Effect.

Ex: Monsters your opponent controls cannot target your monsters for attack, except this one. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You (corrected capitalization and colon instead of comma) can target 1 monster your opponent controls; (semi-colons also needed to dictate cost, which in this case is targeting) destroy both it and this card. Once per turn: You can Tribute this card; destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field.
Total (15/100)

[spoiler=Totals]

1st, Yuuji Kazami (90/100)

2nd, Ecchitori (73/100)

3rd, Kanashimi (71/100)

4th, Rowling (61/100)

5th, Cr47t (47/100) & End User (47/100)

6th, Rainbow Quasar (29/100)

7th, Re-creator (21/100)

8th, Brimtosis (18/100)

9th, Unroyal_Paladin (16/100)

10th, TheKing070701 (15/100)

Actually, I have 1 final objection when it comes to the OCG review of my card. Clear Wing Fast Dragon's pendulum placing effect starts with ":" as it's a Trigger Effect, not a Continuous Effect, so having a Trigger Effect on my card is the correct OCG. Also, the SS effect targets a card instead of a monster because cards in the Pendulum Zone are not treated as monsters as seen in the effect of "Odd-Eyes Meteorbust Dragon". I mean, it's not like it matters since 2 points won't change anything, but I still wanted to point that out.

Well congrats for the winner . . . .

Anyway, umm . . . about OCG scoring, you said my OCG are all over the places and errors in colons/semi-colons so . . . . care to point that out where my mistakes? thx.

As for my *ahem* low Balance/Usability/Mechanic, well . . . its Level 2 Warrior, so obviously ROTA/Reinforce Truth target so i doubt its a slow removal. Also why low stats? especially 200 DEF? Rekindling/Fire Fist Spirit exist . . . . but anyway whats done its done. Just . . .

. . . . wanted to point that out.

Archived