elkepodoge

Hello everyone, this is the first time I try making competitive archetypes and I had this cool idea for two rival ones.

Desert Assault and Desert Sacro, so in this thread i'm going to reveal the boss card for both along with their pros and cons, i'm also going give a little info about how the archetypes would be played, and depending on the feedback i will put the rest of the cards along with their lore. ok enough presentation, let's get started. 

Desert Assault 0: Goliath (I don't know why I can't use the image extensions so I'll leave the link of the images)

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Desert+Assault+0%3A+Goliath&cardtype=Xyz&subtype=effect&attribute=Earth&level=1&rarity=Super+Rare&picture=http%3A%2F%2F65.media.tumblr.com%2F8805d5787ba5aa77e78b2cf3a3906ec3%2Ftumblr_mjvcoeBebR1rtdsh3o8_1280.jpg&circulation=10&set1=&set2=&type=Robot&carddescription=3+level+one+Desert+Assault.There+can+be+only+one+%22Desert+Assault+0%3A+Goliath%22+in+the+field.%0D%0ACan%27t+attack+or+be+attacked%2C+while+this+card+is+in+the+field+or+graveyard+it%27s+immune+to+all+effects+of+any+trap%2C+spell+or+monster.%0D%0ADetach+one+Xyz+material+from+this+card+to+destroy+all+cards+in+your+opponent%27s+field+and+he+loses+200+life+points+for+each+card+destroyed+by+this+effect.+In+your+turn+you+can+attach+one+Desert+Assault+monster+to+this+card+as+a+Xyz+material+instead+of+summoning+it.+If+this+is+the+only+monster+in+your+field+your+opponent+can+attack+you+directly.+&atk=0&def=0&creator=kep&year=2016&serial=42036943

So this big bad nuking machine is the boss of the Desert Assault archetype. Much like this stronk machine the rest of Dessert Assault is heavy centered in masive destruction, usualy the ones with low numbers have strong effects ( like how Goliath is 0 so it has the best effect ) and the ones with high numbers are beaters, there is also alot of discarding to use the effects so there is alot of support for recycling too ( I pictured this archetype in my head like the kind of thing the main villian of the anime would use). 

Pros and Cons of Goliath:

Pros: -massive destruction

-if it hits the field it's not going away.

-can recharge munitions.

Cons:-there is only one way to summon it and its really hard (you will see why when I upload the full archetype).

-if it's alone at the field you are an open target.

Desert Sacro: The King David of the Victory

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Desert+Sacro%3A+The+King+David+of+the+Victory&cardtype=Monster&subtype=effect&attribute=Light&level=10&rarity=Super+Rare&picture=http%3A%2F%2Forig05.deviantart.net%2F105b%2Ff%2F2013%2F259%2F7%2Fe%2Fthe_archangel_imperius_by_digiland-d6mma7r.jpg&circulation=10&set1=&set2=&type=Warrior&carddescription=This+card+summoning+can%27t+be+nagated.+There+can+only+be+one+%22Desert+Sacro%3A+The+King+David%22+in+the+field.%0D%0AYou+can+special+summon+this+card+from+your+deck+or+graveyard+if+your+opponent+destroys+all+cards+on+your+field+including+at+least+other+Desert+Sacro+card%2C+if+you+summon+it+this+way+destroy+all+cards+on+your+opponent%27s+field.%0D%0AIf+you+draw+this+card+you+can+shufle+it+back+to+the+deck+and+draw+another+card.%0D%0AIf+this+card+attacks+your+oponent+directly+he+recives+double+damage.%0D%0A&atk=3000&def=3000&creator=kep&year=2016&serial=67382773

And here is the other one, so probably you already know by the name of this two monsters that this archetypes are based in the biblical story of David and Goliath just with small changes here and there like kick*ss mechas and bad*ss steampunk angel armors so Dave over here is suposed to counter Goliath(the rest of the deck is NOT focused in counter Desert Assault, I won't pull an Allies of justice, the only two card related this way are David and Goliath) but what abaut the rest of Desert Sacro?, The other Desert Sacro cards are heavy in defensive effects, healing and slowly but surely burning over your opponents life points, also stat changes to get stronk.

Pros and cons of David:

Pros:-Good for mid and late game.

-Double damage when direct attack.

-Easy recovery.

Cons:-Relatively easy to destroy.

-Best effect is situational.

And thats it for today, let my know your opinions and if you want I'll put both archetypes here later (I have all thinked through already, just need to do the cards.

Archived