Merik - the Embodiment of Death

MujinTengu

622917.jpg

Effect:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be removed from the Graveyard. If this card in your hand was targeted by a card effect that would banish this card, negate that effect and send both cards to the Graveyard. At the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you lose the Duel.

To be honest, I'm really not seeing a use for this card; given that you need to Tribute Summon/Set this and it makes you lose the Duel if it does get summoned/flipped up. I guess its protection effect counters stuff like Dark Law and both forms of Trishula (Ice Barrier dragon and Nekroz), but that's pretty limited in scope. In other words, either you win on the turn this is summoned or you're dead.

Its only saving grace is its colossal DEF (but that needs to be lowered a bit, since 6000 DEF does break the standard conventions for max. ATK/DEF). I'd lower it to 4000.

There's one thing: Creature swap.

If it works with this card, then gg. If not, the card is probably worse than a weak vanilla. Not exactly sure what you were aiming to do with this card, to be honest. Also, no cards should have a higher printed ATK or DEF than 5000. Pretty good rule to me, to be honest.

To say the least, this doesn't really deserve a place in any Deck except a turbo FTK, which is only if the above gimmick works.

Archived