Ivor Protector Templar (Because the (Dark Magician K)night Belongs to Us)

Black D'Sceptyr

ivor_protector_templar_by_bdsceptyr-dag6

[spoiler=Ivor Protector Templar: Errata]

LIGHT/Warrior-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 7/2500 ATK/2100 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters
Must first be Synchro Summoned. When this card is Special Summoned: You can return 1 face-up card on the field to the top of the Deck. Other Level/Rank 7 monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

Normally, I'd not be posting this up, but since I missed a day in posting due to my hold-up schedule that I mentioned in the link below, I felt it necessary to sate my audience extra for a missed performance yesterday.

So to continue the Week of Ebon/Ivor/Dark Magic/whatever...here's Dark Magician Knight's Ivor counterpart. May notice a bit of change in this one too. Not too subtle, I think. But it still does a removal lover's body good, and it protects well. 

And with that I say for the third time today,  May the reviews and revelry come in abundance.

BDS, signing off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its Level and Synchro material requirements make me compare it with Arcanite Magician. So it's pretty much a "destroy 2 cards" vs. "non-targeting topdeck spin 1 face-up card"; both have their perks so I guess neither monster is exactly outclassed by the other, and that's good.

The battle protection effect is kinda narrow IMO but it is cute and doesn't hurt to have it. It is fine as it is IMO; the card is already armed with a non-targeting spin so there is no need to make the protection effect better.

All in all, it's a nice card and a great addition for those decks that can access the Synchro7 toolbox including Arcanite Magician. A non-targeting spin is strong, but the effect is limited by being only able to choose face-up cards, plus the Synchro not having fully generic requirements, so IMO the game should be able to handle it.

Dropping a minor fix on the spin effect:

When this card is Special Summoned: You can return 1 face-up card on the field to the top of the Deck.

"Return" is the mechanic used for spin cards (see Lightning Chidori). The "place" mechanic is more used for counters (Spell Counters, etc.)

Its Level and Synchro material requirements make me compare it with Arcanite Magician. So it's pretty much a "destroy 2 cards" vs. "non-targeting topdeck spin 1 face-up card"; both have their perks so I guess neither monster is exactly outclassed by the other, and that's good.

The battle protection effect is kinda narrow IMO but it is cute and doesn't hurt to have it. It is fine as it is IMO; the card is already armed with a non-targeting spin so there is no need to make the protection effect better.

All in all, it's a nice card and a great addition for those decks that can access the Synchro7 toolbox including Arcanite Magician. A non-targeting spin is strong, but the effect is limited by being only able to choose face-up cards, plus the Synchro not having fully generic requirements, so IMO the game should be able to handle it.

Dropping a minor fix on the spin effect:

When this card is Special Summoned: You can return 1 face-up card on the field to the top of the Deck.

"Return" is the mechanic used for spin cards (see Lightning Chidori). The "place" mechanic is more used for counters (Spell Counters, etc.)

Thanks for looking out-will fix soon.

Archived