[Written] Vehicroid Field Spell (title pending)

leafbladie

Okay, so I decided since "roids" were such an awful archetype, I should fix that how Konami tries to fix all their bad ideas, like Unions and Geminis. With an OP Field Spell. I'm aware that "Speedroids" are a thing, so if this would make them too strong, please tell me ways to exclude them from the support. This Field Spell allows you to summon Rescueroid and UFOroid without tribute, two cards that would go a long way to give this archetype more consistency, and summon Armoroid easier so you can actually use that dumb boss monster. Allows you to search out Expressroid, and the amazing Vehicroid Connection Zone so you can go into the Fusions, and make Stealth Union not suck ass.

Vehicroid Field Spell

Field Spell

Reduce the Level of all "roid" monsters in the hand by 2. Machine-Type "roid" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects. Machine-Type "roid" monsters you control cannot lose ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can destroy 1 card you control; add 1 "Vehicroid Connection Zone" from your Deck or Graveyard to the hand. Once per turn: You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard and 1 Machine-Type "roid" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 Machine-Type "roid" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to the hand. Once per turn, if a Machine-Type "roid" monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect, and sent to the Graveyard, you can return it to your hand instead. You cannot Synchro Summon.

My suggestions for the title of this card? Vehichroid Turnpike/Intersection/Fabbery. Also, I'm pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd effects of this card can be blended. Like: 

Machine-Type "roid" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects, also their ATK cannot be decreased.

As for the other effects of this card, dropping Levels might help with a Gravity Bind/Level Limit lock, and tutoring more Roid monsters and Fusion support can work well. Destruction insurance also helps to make the Roids pull double duty. And the Synchro Summoning prevents their brothers from another mother, the Speedroids, from breaking this card over their knee. I just don't know, though-it feels like a card that's trying to do too much. Like, any of these two effects between 2 cards would be fine, but to slap it all on 1...feels a bit rushed. Regardless, it does its job of pumping out material for Vehichroid fusions well, and keeps them cycling. So I guess it works. 

6.4 out of 10.

My suggestions for the title of this card? Vehichroid Turnpike/Intersection/Fabbery. Also, I'm pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd effects of this card can be blended. Like: 

As for the other effects of this card, dropping Levels might help with a Gravity Bind/Level Limit lock, and tutoring more Roid monsters and Fusion support can work well. Destruction insurance also helps to make the Roids pull double duty. And the Synchro Summoning prevents their brothers from another mother, the Speedroids, from breaking this card over their knee. I just don't know, though-it feels like a card that's trying to do too much. Like, any of these two effects between 2 cards would be fine, but to slap it all on 1...feels a bit rushed. Regardless, it does its job of pumping out material for Vehichroid fusions well, and keeps them cycling. So I guess it works. 

6.4 out of 10.

I agree it probably is too much, but it's a testament to how much "roids" suck. They're mostly gimmick cards, and the only way I could think to fix them was to focus on the Vehicroid fusions, and make pumping them out easier. The only real good "roid" monsters are "Expressroid", "Ambulanceroid", and "Drillroid". This card is basically just, get your combo pieces faster, and recycle "Expressroid" so you can keep going into fusions, the card. Targeting protection is basically a must given how weak the "roids" are. Thank you for the advice, I'll make sure to trim the fat on this card, and give it a better name.

Archived